The Eminem Relapse Conspiracy

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
51 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-10-2009, 02:27 AM         #1
7036 pageviews
85 comments

webbstar842 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Interesting read....Not sure if it's been posted....but, after listening to the track they talk about....it is open for conspiracy now.....f'n hype for this album is going to hit the FAN...

[pic - click to view]

Yesterday the Internets were ablaze with z-shares and zip files of Eminem’s much anticipated album, Relapse. It seems every release by any rapper of note leaks these days, but a May 7th leak for a May 19th release date can do a lot of damage—even to Eminem.

But, while most of the hip-hop blogosphere has already digested the album and decided whether or not they like it, some of us at GIANT think Eminem may have a game-changing trick up his sleeve.

If you’ve listened to Relapse then you know that the majority of the album is a maniacal and murderous marathon helmed by Em’s alter-ego Slim Shady. If this is actually the real album, then it leaves much to be desired. But would Em really return from a five-year self-imposed exile to drop a revved-up caricature of himself spitting about serial k!lling and pill-popping? We just don’t see it.

Our hypothesis is that this “Leak” is not the real album at all, just a collection of crazed throwaway tracks. Or perhaps it’s the mixtape that should have led up to the album’s release. Another theory is that the Relapse that hit the net yesterday is only disc one of a double album.

Em says it himself on the second to last track of the album. When Marshall drops off the final copy of Relapse to the always angry Steve Berman, Steve says “What’s this s**t? Two CDs?” Em replies “That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you man, it’s two albums.” Then he exits the room.

There have already been rumors that Mr. Mathers will drop two albums this year, but Relapse is too redundant and incomplete to be either of them in their entirety.

No Em, “We don’t believe you, you need more people!”

Marshall Mathers may be a bit crazy but he is also multi-faceted. We’ve heard very personal, political and insightful records from him before and he has been through way too much in his personal life to not come clean here.

Keep in mind that Em has dealt with prescription drug addiction, a second divorce from Kim, the adoption of a second daughter and the murder of his best friend ALL since his last album, Encore, came out. He has also raised his beloved and often-mentioned daughter Hailie Jade.

We find it highly unlikely that an Em comeback album would not meaningfully address Hailie or Proof. Would not berate Bush, k!ll Kim or critique society. Em’s pen game is still mean and his lyrics and storytelling are on point, but his genius has more meaningful content to address. Unfortunately outside of “Deja Vu” and “Beautiful” Relapse chooses to focus on a sick-minded marauder raping, pillaging and torturing innocent bystanders. Slim Shady may be a chainsaw-wielding psycho, but Eminem and Marshall Mathers are not.

Let us not overlook the fact that the reclusive perfectionist known as Dr. Dre would probably not make his return to hip-hop with these beats. Relapse’s production isnt bad by any means, but none of the tracks are jaw-dropping sonic revelations.

Remember that Dre has been hibernating too. He has been cuddled up with Detox for the last eight years refusing to release it till its juuussst right. We can’t imagine a scenario in which Dre would return to society with the batch of instrumentals featured on Relapse. He and Eminem are both capable of too much more.

The highly unlikely coup that could knock rap on its a.ss if it came to be, is if Detox is the second disc of Relapse. The theme would work to symmetrical perfection and Em could redeem himself over Dre’s dopest s**t.

Maybe we’re just conspiracy theorists, but we can’t believe that one of rap’s GOATs would return just to rant and rave. We know that Eminem is doper than this and have a suspicion that his marketing genius is about to be revealed too. For all the aforementioned reasons we are calling Relapse a Tour-de-Farce. If we’re wrong, chalk it up to our own paranoia.

But if we’re on to something, remember you read it here first.

85 comments for "The Eminem Relapse Conspiracy"

05-10-2009, 02:33 AM         #2
nxn  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Our hypothesis is that this “Leak” is not the real album at all, just a collection of crazed throwaway tracks. Or perhaps it’s the mixtape that should have led up to the album’s release. Another theory is that the Relapse that hit the net yesterday is only disc one of a double album.
This is where I stopped reading. They clearly do not know what the f**k they're talking about.
 9 years ago '05        #3
Mr Hyde 22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,872 | Props total: 0 0
let the b's**t begin!

the one we all have is the retail album.. like it or not
 05-10-2009, 02:38 AM         #4
nxn  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
s**t, I just looked at the source. Now I regret having read anything in the first place.

EDIT: All I'm saying is that you really have to have almost no understanding of hip hop/rap to not see how the flow on this album alone makes it amazing in its own right. And these mother f**kers think that it's a 'throw away' album? It makes me sick.

I understand wanting deep songs about real s**t, but if you can't f**king open up your mind that tad bit to see something that is great, no matter if it's not something you're looking for, then it's just ignorance.

Last edited by nxn; 05-10-2009 at 02:44 AM..
 05-10-2009, 02:43 AM         #5
webbstar842  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mr Hyde said:
let the b's**t begin!

the one we all have is the retail album.. like it or not
Don't shoot the messenger..I'm more than down with what I have now...I'll be Itunin it official on the 19th....But, either way, that second to last track is a thought twister....How is em' going to turn in two complete albums....and then wait till the end of the year to release the 2nd one?
Maybe, it is a double....disc one leaked....when the real comes out, it's a double and you gotta buy both anyway to get the second one (at least in cd form)....Far fetched....but, that would be genius.....nothing better than leakin half an album on purpose to generate the hype for a double....it's never been done, that's for sure....
 05-10-2009, 02:45 AM         #6
webbstar842  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nxn said:
s**t, I just looked at the source. Now I regret having read anything in the first place.
I don't even know how I came across it.....either way, it's just some joe schmo's opinion....take it or leave it
 05-10-2009, 02:49 AM         #7
webbstar842  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nxn said:

EDIT: All I'm saying is that you really have to have almost no understanding of hip hop/rap to not see how the flow on this album alone makes it amazing in its own right. And these mother f**kers think that it's a 'throw away' album? It makes me sick.

I understand wanting deep songs about real s**t, but if you can't f**king open up your mind that tad bit to see something that is great, no matter if it's not something you're looking for, then it's just ignorance.
^^ FOR REAL

I'm with you 100%....there is a lot of BS in that article....but, there is also some interesting conspiracies that can be played with.....I think this album is the nicest I've heard from him...and his first s**t (minus Infinite) dropped when I was in senior in high school....I am in no way saying any of these tracks are throw aways....I'm takin pieces of that article and runnin with it on my own....I just know I would be happy as a f**kin clam if I find out there is another 20 tracks em has for us to go with this one.
 9 years ago '05        #8
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,334 | Props total: 1671 1671
lol @ people still making conspiracy theories on leaks. Its the retail, just like Kingdom Come, AG, Graduation and Doctor's Advocate were.
 9 years ago '05        #9
EastBroadway 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,494 | Props total: 5 5
 webbstar842 said:
that second to last track is a thought twister....How is em' going to turn in two complete albums....and then wait till the end of the year to release the 2nd one?
Maybe, it is a double....disc one leaked....when the real comes out, it's a double and you gotta buy both anyway to get the second one (at least in cd form)....Far fetched....but, that would be genius.....nothing better than leakin half an album on purpose to generate the hype for a double....it's never been done, that's for sure....
I Agree.
 9 years ago '04        #10
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,644 | Props total: 2650 2650
 webbstar842 said:
Don't shoot the messenger..I'm more than down with what I have now...I'll be Itunin it official on the 19th....But, either way, that second to last track is a thought twister....How is em' going to turn in two complete albums....and then wait till the end of the year to release the 2nd one?
This post saved the thread.
 9 years ago '08        #11
Illuminati 192 heat pts192
space
space
$38,772 | Props total: 9036 9036
This is stupid, Relapse is the album and it's great.
 9 years ago '04        #12
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
To fuel the conspiracy, his other albums never had a Steve Berman lead into the finale.
 9 years ago '04        #13
Krypt 3 heat pts
space
space
$8,318 | Props total: 272 272
same s**t was said about the farts and burping in Encore... n*ggas didnt believe it was real until it hit the shelves
 9 years ago '04        #14
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
 Krypt said:
same s**t was said about the farts and burping in Encore... n*ggas didnt believe it was real until it hit the shelves
 05-10-2009, 03:57 AM         #15
k0n  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
People on this site were saying this about his last album.
 05-10-2009, 04:08 AM         #16
magatsu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*ggaz is reaching, you really gotta go that far for a rapper? Just admit the album was not what one would have expected. s**t was slightly better than Encore.
 9 years ago '04        #17
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,736 | Props total: 1640 1640
they always say this...im just gonna wait until the 19th and bump this thread whether its true or not.. but im leanin more towards thinking this is the real album..but if its not ima say em's a true genius.. but i gotta say i WAS baffled when i heard the steve berman skit and em said there was 2 albums then i was like i feel cheated LOL! but yea why would he say that in a skit if its not true?
 9 years ago '05        #18
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,334 | Props total: 1671 1671
 bluedawgalex said:
they always say this...im just gonna wait until the 19th and bump this thread whether its true or not.. but im leanin more towards thinking this is the real album..but if its not ima say em's a true genius.. but i gotta say i WAS baffled when i heard the steve berman skit and em said there was 2 albums then i was like i feel cheated LOL! but yea why would he say that in a skit if its not true?
What Em said was true, there's supposedly 2 Eminem albums coming out this year. But that doesn't necessarily mean 2 albums are going to be released at the same time. Relapse is going to be released on the 19th, meanwhile the second might be released down the track.
 9 years ago '05        #19
blockburna 
space
space
$1,633 | Props total: 3 3
Good question riiiiiiight?
 05-10-2009, 05:17 AM         #20
webbstar842  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just b/c I have a little hype in me that I could get a double dose {remember this bold} doesn't PROVE i'm in "reachin....and the album is not what I wanted it to be." Don't flame man. If you don't like it, just say so. No need to lump me like that. This discussion isn't black/white like that. No yin/yang bs. I, again, think this is Eminem's dopest album....PERIOD....my opinion..

But a few things UNLIKE those of past leaks of other artists that SHOULD make you think:[LIST]
1. Interview in March snip
“A lot of people were expecting Relapse to drop last year,” said Eminem. “I was one of them. Then Dre and I went back in the studio in September for a few days, and that turned into six months. We were on such a roll; we wound up with a ton of new music produced by Dre. Putting out Relapse 2 will let everyone get all of the best stuff.”

2. April 21st Twitter message
I'm with Angela Lee on Shade 45 this morning. Listen carefully

3. Interview main points
"Why does Aftermath seem to do so well on keeping records from leaking?"
We are extremely careful with our s**tz
I am THE ONLY one with a copy of the cd and DRE has it in his computer
Paul doesn't even get a copy until it is ready to come out"

4. Paul on relapse mentioned he just got the copy of the album and he can't handle the craziness of it

5. The obvious second to last track where Em lays
"Just lay the s**t down on my desk and get the f**k out
Woah, whoa, Jesus Christ, man, alright alright here.
[Sound of two cds hit the table]
What's this s**t? Two cds?
That's what I've been trying to tell you man, it's two albums..
Just get out!
Alright, alright..
Get the f**k out
Alright...See ya later"

6. Eminem led us through the creation of the storyline for 3 AM through twitter and weird links, etc. making it the basis of the album it seemed. But, now Slim Shade has done his dirty deeds....and according to the next point.....he tells us where he is going

7. Eminem - Twitter - May 7th
"They will never find me...."

Tie that in with the fact "Underground" is def "old-school" rapping Eminem and the chorus of that song?
Here comes the rain
And thunder now
Nowhere to run
To run to now
I’ll disappear
They’ll wonder how
Looking for me
I’m underground

8. And consipiracy theory #8 (my favorite for sure).....

Check out the prescription info......ZOOM IN
REFILLS : MAY 19th

That's it for me....It was enjoyable to do....It's, of course, probably all BS....but, BLUCK........that would be some dope as s**t....
Give us the first part of the album as our "first prescription" and REFILL us on the 19th.....

Yeah.....I'm bonkers to think like that.....I just feel like Em's marketing strategy is so different than anyone has ever done thus far:
Cinemax for 3 AM
Websites for background info
Etc...

Last edited by webbstar842; 05-10-2009 at 05:24 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
57 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago