most viewed right now
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
80 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #101
Franchise08 69 heat pts69
space
space
$3,834 | Props total: 4 4
what does it mean when it says "split 3 for 2" or "split 2 for 1" on a stock chart?....
 8 years ago '05        #102
kkkid 177 heat pts177
space
space
$3,711 | Props total: 749 749
 Franchise08 said:
what does it mean when it says "split 3 for 2" or "split 2 for 1" on a stock chart?....
They give out more shares and it lowers the stock price.
 8 years ago '04        #103
Vagnum  OP
space
space
$3,620 | Props total: 1 1
interessting video on the situation with todays Markets. im not saying this is going to happen what this dude says but im gonna keep this in mind. dont wanna get hurt when deciding to going long on a stock.

8 years ago '04        #104
Vagnum  OP
space
space
Today exactly 1 year ago the Markets has start a recovery. we are going upwards for 1 Year now! The money printing machine shows his power and markets have been bought up. things are going slow now, investors dont know where its going to go and there is no buy pressure and no selling pressure. seems like everyone is in holidays or waiting for a sign. If you look at the overall volume you see that its been stadly decreasing since last March with a couple of spikes inbetween. lets see where we going to go. this should be funny the next couple of months! good luck to all!

here some video from Mr. Topstep his toughts from the floor of the CME Group:

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #105
Vagnum  OP
space
space
another good technical videochart abut the DOW

8 years ago '04        #106
Vagnum  OP
space
space

The Dow Jones Industrial Index has reached and closed above 11'000 Points as of today.
From the start of the financial crisis, or recession, back in 2008 with a sell off on the Index down to 6500 Points reached in March 2009, we have had a nice pullback since than. Its spring and the overall mood in the markets is positive. There is not as much Volume arround but we have been constantly going upwards with a couple weeks of profit taking in between.

The loooong term chart shows that we are now trading at the fibonacci retracement line at 11'000 points.

[pic - click to view]

sorry had no bigger chart.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

good tech stuff on the overall market:

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Vagnum; 04-12-2010 at 08:47 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #107
kkkid 177 heat pts177
space
space
$3,711 | Props total: 749 749
i could be wrong but i believe we are above the fib retracement line on the s&p 500. I think were gonna see a sell off once they finally get around to raising interest rates. But like i mentioned few weeks ago gonna need some big news to knock the bull off its course.
 8 years ago '04        #108
Vagnum  OP
space
space
its the 05.08.2010

after the euphorie of coming into spring the DOW Jones Index sold off 10% or 1000 points at the 05.05.2010 on only one day of trading and the sellers brought us back down near to the 200 Day MA. In my opinion the sell off was caused by nekkid short sellers who covered their position downwards.
There is lot of fear now in the Markets and everybody looks at the wekness in the Euro caused thru its Problems with Greece, Spain and Portugal who are probably unable to pay back their debts. this scenario looks simiilar on what we have seen 2008 for the USA. but definately all is speculation driven and everybody is shorting the whole euro zone.
Never than less our 50% upwards correction since March 2009 looks like it has been done and were looking now on were the whole thing will go. Gold is just exploding into new Highs ( 1kg = 39800$) and it start getting a parabolic upwardstrend. good looks traders!

Last edited by Vagnum; 05-08-2010 at 01:56 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #109
Vagnum  OP
space
space
ACN on May7th 2010

a order of 0.01 was executed at the day of a Flash crash. it is not visible on this chart but from this news it seemed to happen.

Insiders' Blog
May 20, 2010 1:16 PM EDT

The SEC/CFTC report on the May 6 Flash Crash shows that most of the trade execution against market makers so-called "stub-quotes", or those placed well away from the market, were from short sales. A short sale is a bet that the price of a security will decline in value. This data suggests that computers trading programs were responsible for these low priced trades and may have had serious programing problems.

Stub-quotes are bid and ask quotes from market makers that are placed well away from the market and are not intended to be executed. They indicate that the market maker has pulled out of the market.

In the case of a stock that trades with a bid of $50 and and ask of $50.25, a market maker that didn't want to participate might put in a bid of $0.01 and and ask of $100,000. The market maker places these wild quotes to meet exchange requirements that they maintain a two-sided quote throughout the trading day. The market maker figures that this bid and ask is so far off the market that in a million years they wouldn't be hit. Well that was until May 6th - when they were hit.

The famous $0.01 per share trade in Accenture plc (NYSE: ACN) and other stocks on May 6th were executed because the stub-quote bid was hit.

20,761 of these trades were broken. Of the broken trades, short sales accounted for approximately 70% of executions against stub quotes between 2:45 p.m. and 2:50 p.m., and approximately 90 % of executions against stub quotes between 2:50 p.m. and 2:55 p.m.

While many of these stub quote trades were canceled, you have to ask yourselves "Who would sell a $50 stock at a $0.01 or buy a $50 stock at $100,0000." There is only one logical answer - computers.

There may be computer driven hedge fund models that were programmed to short 'at the market' on a downtrend. The computer recognized the downtrend in ACN and shorted 'at the market'. Well the market happened to be the stub quote - thus a $0.01 execution on a short sale.

So as more and more data comes out about the flash crash, it is becoming clearer and clearer that the crash was related to both computer and human error. The human programmers of the computers did not set the correct parameters for this type of situation.

Changes are now being considered to stop the use of stub quotes. Also, computer trading platform are likely being re-worked.
 05-30-2010, 10:18 AM         #110
TiPZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
we need a general investing thread in this section...

-mutual funds
-ETFs
-bonds and bond funds
-stocks
-index mutual funds

im not really looking to be an active trader... i just want to sit and invest in some mutal funds and bonds and get a nice portfolio and stream of interest... for my future children's education and my retirement, etc

i got one question tho.. who are you guys working with for your investments? (T Roye Price, JP Morgan, etc)

myself
 8 years ago '04        #111
Vagnum  OP
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
for stocks maybe... but certain investment modules cant be invested on your own if im not mistaken..
you can keep checking the vids of optionmonster, they are saying from time to time what guys like GS are doing, if the bearish or bullish. so you can imagine where the market keeps going for the moment and choose your side.

7 years ago '04        #112
Vagnum  OP
space
space

its been exactly 5 months since my last update on te market so i thought i write down my thoughts on paper. after the market flash crash on the 05.05.10 fear was the main drive in the wholemarkets and investors mostly stepped away from the stockexchanges. the volume in the summer time was most of the time very low and the good old phrase: sell in may and go away but dont forget to come back in september is clearly what it says this year. on the 1rst of september volume and price kicked into the markets and the Dow Jones went from 10000 up to 10100 in one day. since than the Index has made a high of 10,774.13 20 days later. thats a 700 points rally!
it seems that all the fear about europe is nearly gone and investors are ready to take the next drive higher. remember to trade wise and buy the weakness to sell the streanght.

Chart update:

7 years ago '04        #113
Vagnum  OP
space
space

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
202 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
167 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
90 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
188 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
227 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
261 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
90 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Matt Barnes retires
52 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy