Eastern Conference Round 2 : Cleveland Cavaliers vs Atlanta Hawks

most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
56 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
50 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who Take The Series in How Many Games?
Cavs Sweep in 4 27 52.94%
Cavs in 5 12 23.53%
Cavs in 6 3 5.88%
Cavs in 7 1 1.96%
Hawks Sweep in 4 1 1.96%
Hawks in 5 0 0%
Hawks in 6 0 0%
Hawks in 7 7 13.73%
Voters: 51. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #21
ohiostate7 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,979 | Props total: 241 241
Cavs in 4.. maybe 5

36 - 9 STRK: 1 l in a row WIN PCT: 80% 43 (-3) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 18-10, Rank #86 | Aug 16: 27-12, Rank #96 | Aug 11: 75-52, Rank #92 | Aug 10: 71-51, Rank #130 | Aug 08: 93-79, Rank #218 *
 9 years ago '07        #22
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,204 | Props total: 15060 15060
 Rico23 said:
all good, as u kno non-biased nba fans are hard to come by on this site
you aint lyin

damn shame
 9 years ago '09        #23
Knowledgeable 29 heat pts29
space
space
$11,193 | Props total: 3490 3490
 Rico23 said:
not talking about u we've already had a discussion about the people i'm referring too....

na n*gga i want a little debbie honey bun

n*gga you gets a cookie cause I don't got no damn honey buns Them hoes be good though.
 9 years ago '04        #24
unkn0wn 
space
space
$4,536 | Props total: 24 24
Cav at 6...
 9 years ago '08        #25
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,118 | Props total: 2650 2650
cavs will get exposed, but eventually Bron will get them over the hmp. cavs in 7.
 9 years ago '04        #26
Lester86 
space
space
$1,709 | Props total: 7 7
Hawks in 6
 9 years ago '07        #27
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15 OP
space
space
$11,363 | Props total: 184 184
yall buggin is you say the hawks will lose in 4 or 5 games

they deep
i wouldnt be suprised if this goes 7 games
 9 years ago '05        #28
HARBINGER|M 448 heat pts448
space
space
$48,288 | Props total: 6392 6392
i agree wit magic johnson.. cavs in 5.. ill give atl the benefit of the doubt wit one game at home.. then its :aloofandbored10: for atl..
 9 years ago '04        #29
kingofdasouf 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,823 | Props total: 392 392
Hawks in 7

Last edited by kingofdasouf; 05-04-2009 at 08:28 AM..
 9 years ago '06        #30
O Nasty 96 heat pts96
space
space
$20,419 | Props total: 288 288
Cavs in i don't care how many games

i know it's not going to be 7 though....maybe they can pull a W out if we come out rusty
 9 years ago '05        #31
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
space
$12,434 | Props total: 589 589

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '06        #32
bugzy 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,419 | Props total: 107 107
I think it will go 6......they match up well and have a lot of big body to throw at lebron, j johnson and flip has to have a good series for it to go 6....but the lebron will get it done
Posted via Mobile Device
 9 years ago '05        #33
t-redrum 
space
space
$1,963 | Props total: 7 7
Cavs in five yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. then orlando in six
 9 years ago '05        #34
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
$10,312 | Props total: 868 868
(4) Atlanta Hawks vs (1) Cleveland Cavaliers

[pic - click to view]

vs
[pic - click to view]

Game 1: Tues 8:00 Eastern Time on TNT

ATLANTA (AP) -- Coach Mike Woodson spent much of the last two weeks insisting that his Atlanta Hawks had to defend an entire team, not just one player.

Now that the Hawks have advanced to the NBA Eastern Conference semifinals after beating Dwyane Wade and the Miami Heat, Woodson knows the next challenge, facing newly crowned league MVP LeBron James and the top-seeded Cleveland Cavaliers, will be much harder.

"They've got one thing on their mind, just like we do," Woodson said Monday. "They're trying to win a title, and we're trying to do the same thing."

One day after coasting past Miami for a Game 7 victory that advanced Atlanta to the second round of the playoffs for the first time in 10 years, Woodson gathered his players for a brief pep talk.

Not that it was some kind of news flash, but Woodson wanted to hammer in the Hawks' minds that they must manage their emotions in a venue where Atlanta has lost four straight and eight of 10.

The Cavaliers, who are 41-2 at home this season after sweeping Detroit in the first round, took a six-point victory over the Hawks two months ago at Quicken Loans Arena. Woodson was so frustrated with the officiating that he was ejected. Point guard Mike Bibby and forward Josh Smith also were hit with technical fouls.

"It's really important to stay calm," Smith said. "We've just got to stay together. No matter what goes on, we can't let our emotions get to us because every possession is so important."

James presents enough matchup problems to make Woodson lose sleep. He considers the 24-year-old a complete package of smarts, power, finesse and speed, and that's just offensively. As a defender, James' ferocity impresses Atlanta's fifth-year head coach.

"I've been in this league 27 years, and I've never seen a player -- I think Michael Jordan is probably the best player to ever play this game -- but I've never seen a player like LeBron with the strength, the athletic ability, the speed and just the know-how to play the game," Woodson said. "It's scary because he's so young. So it's going to be a challenge for our team, and that's a good thing because our guys will step up. I'd like to think our guys can beat him."

Though the Hawks were 1-3 this season against Cleveland, Atlanta guard Joe Johnson believes his team drew confidence from ending the Cavs' 11-game winning streak five months ago at Philips Arena. Then again, the Hawks are essentially two different teams at home and on the road.

They led by as many 29 points in a Game 7 win over the Heat, boosting Atlanta's home record to 34-10 this season. On the road, the Hawks fell to 16-27 after losing two of three in Miami.

"This is the part of the season that we live for, and this is a once in a lifetime opportunity," Johnson said. "You never know when you're going to get back to this point. We really want to try to cherish this and try to take advantage of it."

James is coming off a sweep of the Pistons in which he joined Oscar Robertson as the only other NBA player to average 32 points, 11.3 rebounds and 7.5 a.ssists in a single postseason series.

Despite playing poorly at times against Miami, Johnson believes the Hawks created some momentum by holding off Wade, who finished third in the MVP voting as the NBA's leading scorer.

"They're both tough to guard. LeBron is probably the most physical and stronger than Wade, but they're both relentless scorers," Johnson said. "With the players LeBron has around him, guys like Mo Williams, Delonte West, (Wally) Szczerbiak, Daniel Gibson making shots -- and even 'Big Z' (Zydrunas Ilgauskas) shooting 3s -- it's going to be tough. We've got our work cut out for us, but I think we're up to the challenge."

Along with Johnson, Smith expects to draw several defensive a.ssignments against James.

"He does amazing things, not just for himself, but for his teammates in getting everybody involved," Smith said. "He's very unselfish, and he plays with great energy every time he steps out on the floor."

Last edited by BurninLz; 05-05-2009 at 01:08 AM..
 9 years ago '07        #35
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15 OP
space
space
$11,363 | Props total: 184 184
yall buggin wit the cavs in 5 s**t
 05-04-2009, 02:46 PM         #36
Jwag1986 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this series is gonna be good i have lebron in six cuz he is a f**king beast
 9 years ago '05        #37
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
$10,312 | Props total: 868 868
Lets get it
 9 years ago '05        #38
BadAzzYelloGirl 
space
space
$5,164 | Props total: 11 11
Should be a good series, I don't see the Cavs sweeping tho, but it depends on which ATL team shows up.........The Hawks are tough at home, but they're not winning @ the Q.

Go Cavs!

Lebron James 2009 MVP b***hes!!!
 9 years ago '04        #39
Sabotage 9 heat pts
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 35 35
tonight is not the night to be the Hawks. Lebron is gonna show Cleveland tonight why he is the MVP...at the hawks expense
 9 years ago '06        #40
w113mrl 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,809 | Props total: 23 23
Cleveland lets get it, with the c-town two step all over the hawks, 216 trick
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jump reveals Beerus, Hit and Goku Black as playable characters for Dragon Ball..
38 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy