Official 2009-2010 NFC East Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
143 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
19 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who's your pick to win the NFC East?
Cowboys 10 13.51%
Giants 29 39.19%
Eagles 21 28.38%
Redskins 14 18.92%
Voters: 74. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #281
st21 1233 heat pts1233
space
space
space
$55,437 | Props total: 43397 43397
@ pacman being the best cb. Damn Jerry sonned Newman.

I knew he wasn't all that after the way Santana lit him up last year but still

Last edited by st21; 06-08-2009 at 01:35 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #282
natural 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,954 | Props total: 3 3
Terrence Newman is overrated as f**k ask my n*gga Santana
 06-08-2009, 02:49 PM         #283
The Blueprint² 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Eagles QB McNabb talks a little at weekend charity event

[S]By LES BOWEN
Philadelphia Daily News

DONOVAN McNABB'S focus, understandably enough, was charity work this weekend as his Donovan McNabb Foundation celebrated its 10th year.

McNabb, several teammates, and some Temple players were at the NovaCare Complex on Saturday for the seventh All-Star Kids Clinic, featuring 300 boys and girls ages 11-14, selected by local community groups and event sponsors.

Gov. Rendell and Eagles coach Andy Reid made introductory remarks. (Rendell passed up the chance to critique Reid's play selection.)

The Eagles' quarterback, however, did answer questions from a group of local reporters for the first time since Super Bowl week, and that meant attention to football issues.

Asked about the contract reworking that apparently is in the works, McNabb said: "That'll take care of itself, I think."

McNabb began the offseason stating he wanted reassurance from the front office and from Reid about where he stood going forward, in the wake of his benching for the second half of a Nov. 23 loss at Baltimore. The contract talks might be part of that reassurance, but as he prepares for the 2009 season, does McNabb feel he knows where he stands? Reid told Daily News reporters last week that it wasn't an issue between them.

"I'm standing here right here in front of you guys," McNabb joked. Looking down at his feet, he added, "I think I'm pretty balanced."

Pressed for a more serious answer, McNabb said: "The [comfort level] is the fact that I'm here with the kids. It's all about the kids, and the [players] that are here to support them."

McNabb was asked what it meant to him to hold his charity weekend in Philadelphia. He lives here during the season but his family is from Chicago and he spends his offseasons in Arizona.

"I want people to understand that I truly care about the people who support what I do," McNabb said. "I'm just giving back and showing support for them, as well."

Asked about Brian Westbrook's ankle surgery, which apparently will keep Westbrook out of the preseason, McNabb said: "I think Brian will be fine. Obviously, we want him to be healthy and ready to go [for the regular season] and I think he'll be able to do that."

Birdseed

The Eagles announced they have agreed to terms on 4-year contracts with three of their draft picks, fifth-round defensive back Victor "Macho" Harris, fifth-round offensive tackle Fenuki Tupou and sixth-round wide receiver Brandon Gibson. *

For more Eagles coverage and opinion, read the Daily News' Eagles blog, Eagletarian, at .[/S]
 9 years ago '05        #284
natural 5 heat pts
space
space
yo blueprint you know Vida Guerra is a Skins fan right?
 8 years ago '05        #285
natural 5 heat pts
space
space
so this thread died down... offseason is slowly but surely coming to an end so i figure i'll post my 2009-10 All NFC East team before I hate EVERY player on the opposing team.

QB: McNabb
RB: Portis, Westbrook
WR: R. Williams, S. Moss, S. Smith/D. Jackson
TE: Witten/Cooley
T: J. Peters, D. Diehl/C. Samuels
G: D. Dockery, C. Snee
C: S. O'Hara

(4-3)
DE: Ware, Umenyiora, Tuck
DT: Haynesworth, F. Robbins
LB: R. McIntosh, Pierce, Fletcher
CB: A. Samuel, C. Rogers, D. Hall
S: K. Phillips, L. Landry

Know some players are out of position but they all would work in a.ssigned roles.

Last edited by natural; 06-18-2009 at 05:56 PM..
 07-28-2009, 08:41 PM         #286
Jerry Loller 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

07-29-2009, 06:45 AM         #287
The Blueprint² 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
RIP Jim. MOtherfu*k man.
 07-29-2009, 10:13 AM         #288
NYGallday 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
first of all ill like to say R.I.P Jim johnson......as a fan of football it was fun watching him coordinate the eagles defense.....:sad5:

second eagle fans please dont use his death as an excuse if yall dont win it all...

third Giants winning the nfc east....our receivers going to breakout....we got this:agreement6:
 07-29-2009, 10:28 AM         #289
CaLLaHaN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Corey Webster was the 2nd Best CB in the NFL Last year....

dude gets no respect at all yet
 8 years ago '07        #290
KING*TITO 46 heat pts46
space
space
$6,107 | Props total: 332 332
 natural said:
so this thread died down... offseason is slowly but surely coming to an end so i figure i'll post my 2009-10 All NFC East team before I hate EVERY player on the opposing team.

QB: McNabb
RB: Portis, Westbrook
WR: R. Williams, S. Moss, S. Smith/D. Jackson
TE: Witten/Cooley
T: J. Peters, D. Diehl/C. Samuels
G: D. Dockery, C. Snee
C: S. O'Hara

(4-3)
DE: Ware, Umenyiora, Tuck
DT: Haynesworth, F. Robbins
LB: R. McIntosh, Pierce, Fletcher
CB: A. Samuel, C. Rogers, D. Hall
S: K. Phillips, L. Landry

Know some players are out of position but they all would work in a.ssigned roles.
No Jacobs???? But you got a hurt and aging Westbrook...
 07-29-2009, 10:45 AM         #291
NYGallday 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CaLLaHaN said:
Corey Webster was the 2nd Best CB in the NFL Last year....

dude gets no respect at all yet
lol n*gga had deangelo fall...over corey webster on the all nfc east team..that s**t is jokes
 8 years ago '07        #292
st21 1233 heat pts1233
space
space
space
$55,437 | Props total: 43397 43397
 NYGallday said:

second eagle fans please dont use his death as an excuse if yall dont win it all...
he wasn't gonna be the coordinator anyways

and yeah jacobs sh*ts on westbrook, westbrook is a pus*y

but d hall & Rogers > webster
 8 years ago '05        #293
natural 5 heat pts
space
space
d HALL is going to shut the haters up this year
 8 years ago '07        #294
24/7foamz 
space
space
$14,794 | Props total: 446 446
 #21 said:
he wasn't gonna be the coordinator anyways

and yeah jacobs sh*ts on westbrook, westbrook is a pus*y

but d hall & Rogers > webster
lets be serious hall never shut down s**t! webster been shutting down his side of the field since the superbowl playoff run.webster better than any corner on the skins roster
 07-29-2009, 09:24 PM         #295
The Blueprint² 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dhall? Lmao.
 8 years ago '08        #296
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,921 | Props total: 7312 7312
 NYGallday said:
lol n*gga had deangelo fall...over corey webster on the all nfc east team..that s**t is jokes
Carlos Rogers>______________________
 07-30-2009, 12:18 PM         #297
lyricallySha89 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jerry Loller said:
lmao at the vid
 07-30-2009, 08:20 PM         #298
Jerry Loller 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

The news that Giants linebacker Antonio Pierce might be facing criminal charges in connection with his role in the Plaxico Burress shooting caught the attention of the league office, which is currently monitoring the situation, according to a league spokesman. It is possible that Pierce’s role - - allegedly removing the gun from the crime scene in Manhattan and transporting it to New Jersey - - could be viewed as a violation of the NFL’s Personal Conduct Policy and if it is, the Giants’ middle linebacker could face a suspension or a fine. Asked if the league is investigating Pierce for a possible violation, league spokesman Greg Aiello said “We will follow developments in the case. We have no other comment at this time.”

Source:
 8 years ago '05        #299
natural 5 heat pts
space
space
NFL Season Preview: NFC East

New York Giants

Last season: 12-5 lost in NFC semis

Key additions: DT Chris Canty (free agency), DT Rocky Bernard (free agency), OLB Michael Boley (free agency), FS CC Brown (free agency), WR Hakeem Nicks (draft), OLB Clint Sintim (draft), OT William Beatty (draft), WR Ramses Barden (draft), TE Travis Beckum (draft)

Key losses: RB Derrick Ward (free agency), WR Plaxico Burress (cut), WR Amani Toomer (free agency), SS James Butler (free agency), SS Sammy Knight (free agency), K John Carney (free agency)

Don’t pencil the Giants in the Super Bowl yet. Eli Manning has struggled in the past without Plaxico Burress, as he did for the last 4 games of last season, as well as in the Giants’ playoff loss to the Eagles. The Giants tried the best they could to replace Burress, drafting Hakeem Nicks, a 6-1 possession receiver who projects as a #1 target, as well as Ramses Barden, 6-6 end zone threat. His most reliable option is veteran Dominik Hixon, a career journeyman. His #1 option is Nicks, who, although he played in a pro offense in college, is still just a rookie. Barden, also a rookie, figures to be his best end zone threat. Mario Manningham and Steve Smith will also be in the mix, but they are in their 2nd and 3rd years respectively and have never shown much in the pros. Kevin Boss is the 6-6 tight end, but aside from being tall, he doesn’t offer much on the football field. He may lose his job to, yet another rookie. Travis Beckum, by midseason. Eli’s receiving corps have good potential, but are average at best for this season so we’ll have to see what kind of quarterback that makes him. Luckily, everything around him will be going good. They have a great running back, despite losing Derrick Ward to free agency. Brandon Jacobs is still the bruising #1 back behind this great offensive line and Ahmad Bradshaw and rookie Andre Brown should be able to pick up Ward’s carries from last season. The defense is going to be better than ever this season, probably even better than the defense which won them the 2008 Super Bowl. They had an elite pass rush last season, even with Osi Umenyiora hurt. Umenyiora is now 100% and they have a great 3 man defensive end rotation with Umenyiora, Mathias Kiwanuka, and Justin Tuck. They should get 50 sacks this season as a team with ease, with the additions of pass rushers such as Chris Canty and Rocky Bernard to the inside of their defensive line. Their linebacking corps are better with the additions of Michael Boley and Clint Sintim to play opposite Danny Clark and the secondary is solid and will get a lot of picks because the defensive line is creating so much pressure. This is still one of the NFC’s elite team, but whether or not Eli Manning can succeed with this current group of receivers will make or break this team this season.

This season: 11-6 lose in NFC semis

Washington Redskins

Last season: 8-8 miss playoffs

Key additions: OG Derrick Dockery (free agency), DT Albert Haynesworth (free agency), P Hunter Smith (free agency), OLB Brian Orakpo (draft), CB Kevin Barnes (draft)

Key losses: OT Jon Jansen (cut), OG Pete Kendall (free agency), DE Demetric Evans (free agency), DE Jason Taylor (cut), OLB Marcus Washington (cut), CB Shawn Springs (cut)

The Redskins are my NFC sleeper. Let’s start with the defense, where they have added Albert Haynesworth. In my AFC South preview, I talked about the importance of Haynesworth to the Titans and how their defense would struggle without him. He should have the reverse effect on the Redskins’ stop unit. First, he’s a great pass rusher for a defensive tackle and an outstanding run stopper so that definitely helps. But, he’s also such a dominating force that defenses will have to put 2 guys on him, opening up one-on-one matchups for defensive ends such as Andre Carter, who had 10.5 sacks in 2007. He could have double digits this season. It’s unclear who will play opposite Carter, but it looks like it will be veteran Phillip Daniels on running downs and rookie Brian Orakpo on passing downs. Whoever is there, should have a one-on-one matchup in pass rush thanks to Haynesworth. As for Orakpo, I actually love what they are doing with him. They are using him as a defensive end on passing downs and an outside linebacker on running downs. He’s an above average run stopper for an outside linebacker, but a below average run stopper for a defensive end. He’s an above average pass rusher for a defensive end, but would struggle in pass coverage as an outside linebacker. He’s likely their defensive end of the future, despite the fact that they just drafted Jeremy Jarmon, but he won’t play on the line full time until he’s an all-around good defensive end. He’ll contribute to their pass rush this season, which, thanks to Haynesworth, will be very dangerous. Their secondary is excellent and will get a bunch of picks thanks to this pass rush. I like the Redskins defense as a fantasy sleeper. This offense, figures to be better as well. Jason Campbell is finally spending a 2nd straight season in the same offensive system, plus he’s a free agent in 2010 with no extension so he’ll be motivated. Both of those are great for the offense as a whole. The running game again should be strong with Clinton Portis. The only thing that you have to worry about with the team is Portis’ health. He has been healthy for the majority of his career, which, sadly, for a 28 year old running back, does not mean you’re healthy, it means you’re due. Still, I like this team’s chances.

This season: 11-6 lose in first round

Philadelphia Eagles

Last season: 11-7-1 lost in NFC Championship

Key additions: FB Leonard Weaver (free agency), OT Stacy Andrews (free agency), OT Jason Peters (trade), CB Ellis Hobbs (trade), SS Sean Jones (free agency), WR Jeremy Maclin (draft), RB LeSean McCoy (draft)

Key losses: RB Corell Buckhalter (free agency), TE LJ Smith (free agency), OT Tra Thomas (free agency), OT Jon Runyan (free agency), CB Lito Sheppard (trade), FS Brian Dawkins (free agency), SS Sean Considine (free agency)

The Eagles may have their most talented team since they made the Super Bowl. But they will struggle, or at least be average for the first couple months of the season again, before turning it on at the right time, especially since Brian Westbrook may not be ready for week 1. However, this is a team with no holes. Donovan McNabb can no longer complain about having no good receivers. DeSean Jackson surprisingly emerged as a #1 last season as a rookie and should only continue to get better. McNabb also should have a solid #2 this year. It may be rookie Jeremy Maclin, but he did not play in a pro style offense in college, so more likely it’ll be Kevin Curtis, who was excellent in 2007, before getting hurt in 2008. He’s 100% now. He also has Reggie Brown and Hank “how are you married to Kendra Wilkinson” Baskett to throw to so he should be set in that department. When Westbrook is healthy, he’s also a great pass catcher. If Westbrook is not healthy and the injuries linger, it will hurt, but they brought in rookie LeSean McCoy for this reason. They also could sign a free agent like Edgerrin James to help in the running game. Their offensive line is also as good as it’s been in years and the defense is solid overall so once this team gets their act together, they should be an NFC contender capable of going on a nice playoff run.

This season: 13-7 lose in Super Bowl

Dallas Cowboys

Last season: 9-7 missed playoffs

Key additions: QB Jon Kitna (trade), DE Igor Olshansky (free agency), MLB Keith Brooking (free agency), SS Gerald Sensabaugh (free agency), MLB Jason Williams (draft), OT Robert Brewster (draft)

Key losses: WR Terrell Owens (cut), DE Chris Canty (free agency), NT Tank Johnson (free agency), OLB Greg Ellis (cut), MLB Zach Thomas (free agency), CB Pacman Jones (cut), CB Anthony Henry (trade), SS Roy Williams (cut)

This team is a mess. They tried addition by subtraction this offseason, getting rid of Terrell Owens, Greg Ellis, Pacman Jones, Roy Williams, and not resigning Tank Johnson, but they forgot to try addition by addition. Their only big additions were a few rookies, a borderline starter strong safety, a backup quarterback which they had to trade a starting cornerback to get, and two guys in Igor Olshansky and Keith Brooking who aren’t a whole lot better than the guys they replaced, in fact, in Olshansky’s case, based off his production last year, you could argue that’s he’s a major downgrade on the defense line from Chris Canty. Tank Johnson is gone, but they did not bring in a true nose tackle. Jay Ratliff will play there full time, at 298 pounds, and get run over on the three man line. Their pass rush was phenomenal last season, but they won’t be as good this season, simply because Greg Ellis is gone and expecting 20 sacks again out of DeMarcus Ware, however good of a player he is, is ridiculously. Their secondaries weaknesses, and there are many, will be brought into the forefront this season with the weakened pass rush. On offense, Tony Romo is still here and you can decide for yourself whether or not this is a good thing. However, that means they’ll probably have a bad December again. Their running game should be strong, but the passing game will be weaker with Owens gone. And of course, this whole mess is still being coached by Wade Phillips, whose players hide from him when they want to give someone else playing time. He’s seems like he has his player’s respect (that was sarcasm by the way).

This season: 6-10 miss playoffs

07-31-2009, 10:32 AM         #300
Rareness6 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Underdogs, lovely
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
31 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
284 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
145 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
72 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
53 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
45 comments
23 hours ago