NFL Todd Todd Todd Mcshay first mock.
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
74 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Best Track On Relapse
3 AM 11 1.94%
MY MOM 12 2.12%
INSANE 14 2.47%
BAGPIPES FROM BAGHDAD 20 3.53%
HELLO 24 4.23%
SAME SONG AND DANCE 29 5.11%
WE MADE YOU 3 0.53%
MEDICINE BALL 23 4.06%
STAY WIDE AWAKE 63 11.11%
OLD TIME'S SAKE 9 1.59%
MUST BE THE GANJA 13 2.29%
DEJA VU 74 13.05%
BEAUTIFUL 129 22.75%
CRACK A BOTTLE 5 0.88%
UNDERGROUND 138 24.34%
Voters: 567. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #3481
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,588 | Props total: 440 440
I mean if you like it, thats cool but plz explain to me the difference between the two.
I don't think there is that much of a difference honestly. But most of these rappers who are talking about selling drugs and k!lling are doing in a way that has no creativity. No wordplay, good rhyme schemes, and maybe from time to time a good flow. But most are garbage rappers talking about "I'll k!ll you and I sold coke" but have no skills to back them up so it just comes across as a ignorant message. Eminem's songs like "3 A.m." is filled with multi's, crazy flow, and good lyrics that you can vision what is going on when you hear it. "I kiss the nekkid mannequin man again, you can standing in my front window if you look in", "Wrapped em in christmas light pushed him into the stinking tub, cut em up into pieces and just when I went to drink his blood/ I thought I oughta drink his bathwater that oughta be fun, thats when my days of serial murder man slaughter begun". This sounds like something straight of a horror movie and he does all this while keeping an insane flow and superb lyricism. I don't feel that Eminem is above most rappers with his content (even though when he does make deep, serious songs he is) but for the most part he just does it in a way that most rappers can't and that is what makes him stand out and be so much better than the competition. A couple songs on relapse his whole verses rhyme without changing the rhyme the whole time. You hardly ever see this go on anymore in rap or ever at that. Most people rhyme for 2 to 4 bars then switch it up.

Eminems flow>>>>>>Anyone in the game Who do you know that switches their style on damn near every track on the cd.

Eminem Multis>>>>>> Anyone in the game I shouldn't even have to explain this but he is lightyears ahead of damn near anyone out there when it comes to this.

Eminems presence on the mic>>>> Anyone in the game
 05-28-2009, 02:15 PM         #3482
Eminembase 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@TDH Music - No, the reason it's good from Em is the way he does it.

It's not what you say but how you say it.

For example, Nas rapped about the streets and guns on Illmatic but did it so poetically that it's great to listen to. Most however just brag and gloat, don't care about the craft and are s**t writers.

It's not that I want to hear about r*pe etc. Eminem writes these things in twisted humor. It's twisted humor I like in rap. He's the Tarrantino of rap.

Just how QT makes murder and gangsta life funny in Pulp Fuction by humanizing the characters to the point of casualness and wit, Eminem humorizes serial k!lling and drug use with sharp wit and tounge twisting rhyme patterns.

I sit there and laugh at Em saying stuff like:
"Cumon toots, gimmie the Vallium - Alley-oop, I'll slam dunk it in your mouth till' ya puke and just as soon as ya pass out in ya alphabet soup..."

That's hilarious twisted humor to me. He's like an elequent sociopath.

So yes I would much rather hear that than stuff like:
"You and your crew bout to get popped upto guts and I'ma s**t on you n*ggas n stuff your girlfriend wit nuts"

It's redundant and repeitive and boring and we've heard it all a thousand times.

Em's music has personality, humour, emotion, realism, social commentary. It's HIM, it's not posturing and there's no pretense or bulls**t ego involved.
 05-28-2009, 02:16 PM         #3483
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Eminembase said:
So what, he's rapping about drugs, r*pe and serial k!lling.

He may of rapped about that in 99' but in 2000 he rapped about the media and critics, in 2002 / 03 he rapped about his personal life, psychology and mental state.

In 04' he did a little of both and a bit of silliness.

He's grown every album so why can't he just have fun with it again. "Mosh" for example is a prime song of growth. A new found maturity and a stomping political song. Same with stuff like "Square Dance".

That's his style. He covers more topics in one verse than most do in a whole album.

It's not what you say it's how you say it.

It's "hot" because the rhyme patterns are incredible and the delivery is fresh and nearly every track has a completely new set of flows.

Where as most rappers rap about guns and the streets and how gangsta they are... FOREVER. So your critisism is stupid.
seriously???

he raps about bein serial k!llers and things of that nature, if he was black he wouldnt get a pass. if this was any other kind of music he wouldnt get a pass but just because he's eminem he gets a pass. im not saying i didnt like those songs 8-10 years ago because i did but the older you get the more you mature and grow up....eventually gettin tired of hearing about junk like that
 05-28-2009, 02:16 PM         #3484
Eminembase 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@TDH Music - No, the reason it's good from Em is the way he does it.

It's not what you say but how you say it.

For example, Nas rapped about the streets and guns on Illmatic but did it so poetically that it's great to listen to. Most however just brag and gloat, don't care about the craft and are s**t writers.

It's not that I want to hear about r*pe etc. Eminem writes these things in twisted humor. It's twisted humor I like in rap. He's the Tarrantino of rap.

Just how QT makes murder and gangsta life funny in Pulp Fuction by humanizing the characters to the point of casualness and wit, Eminem humorizes serial k!lling and drug use with sharp wit and tounge twisting rhyme patterns.

I sit there and laugh at Em saying stuff like:
"Cumon toots, gimmie the Vallium - Alley-oop, I'll slam dunk it in your mouth till' ya puke and just as soon as ya pass out in ya alphabet soup..."

That's hilarious twisted humor to me. He's like an elequent sociopath.

So yes I would much rather hear that than stuff like:
"You and your crew bout to get popped upto guts and I'ma s**t on you n*ggas n stuff your girlfriend wit nuts"

It's redundant and repeitive and boring and we've heard it all a thousand times.

Em's music has personality, humour, emotion, realism, social commentary. It's HIM, it's not posturing and there's no pretense or bulls**t ego involved.
 05-28-2009, 02:17 PM         #3485
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 efromthev said:

Eminems flow>>>>>>Anyone in the game Who do you know that switches their style on damn near every track on the cd.

Eminem Multis>>>>>> Anyone in the game I shouldn't even have to explain this but he is lightyears ahead of damn near anyone out there when it comes to this.

Eminems presence on the mic>>>> Anyone in the game
krayzie bone flow>>>>> eminems
 9 years ago '04        #3486
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
krayzie bone flow>>>>> eminems
Nope, Eminem has way too many different kind of flows.
 9 years ago '05        #3487
Chuck Hustle 
space
space
$8,517 | Props total: 0 0
Exactly, this album brought somethin that the game hasnt heard or felt in years, he's basically giving a rap clinic, Multis, switchin up the flow and s**t.. Em put in work, of course its a lil silly but thats Em
 05-28-2009, 02:57 PM         #3488
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 efromthev said:
Nope, Eminem has way too many different kind of flows.
you really think that??? do you listen to alot of bone??? or are you just basing this off of how much you respect eminem???
 9 years ago '04        #3489
Ace Tu 6 heat pts
space
space
$2,246 | Props total: 215 215
i remember a point a few years ago when everyone was sayin "i want him to bring slim shady back"...well he's back now nd nice as f**k...listen to his tim westwood alchemist freestyle from like a week ago if u dont think so.
 9 years ago '04        #3490
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
you really think that??? do you listen to alot of bone??? or are you just basing this off of how much you respect eminem???
I do really think that, I used to listen to a lot of Bone when from 5th grade throughtout high school. One of my favorite people to listen to when I was blazing back in the day but just because Krayzie can rap really fast doesn't mean he has the best flow
 05-28-2009, 03:52 PM         #3491
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 efromthev said:
I do really think that, I used to listen to a lot of Bone when from 5th grade throughtout high school. One of my favorite people to listen to when I was blazing back in the day but just because Krayzie can rap really fast doesn't mean he has the best flow
no. twista can rap really fast, krayzie switches it up every song....he'll slow it down, go straight syllables or speed it up. he doesnt sound the same in any 2 songs
 9 years ago '04        #3492
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,215 | Props total: 2114 2114
lol I cant believe yall still at it....just cant believe there are still people in here trying to convince people not to like the album or biggest album of the year is a let down lol......you can compare Ross and 50 sales cuz they beefin.....thats what happens when you beef...sales are brought in. ITs kind of pointless to compare Wayne and Em cuz Waynes album was last year and its not even the biggest selling album in a week......Em's is.People that dont like the album then keep doing what you doing and bumping it when nobodys around.....if you expected Em to talk about some 37 year old rich person s**t or swag or guns and rims and selling weight then of course you gonna be let down....if you expecting him to cry and moan and have a whole album like Beautiful then that album would have really sucked......why cant you just let fans enjoy the album lol......dudes is on a mission trying to break people down.
 05-28-2009, 05:05 PM         #3493
.aviator.man. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
A.o.t.y.?
 9 years ago '04        #3494
famoussasjohn 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,705 | Props total: 193 193
 .aviator.man. said:
A.o.t.y.?
as of right now? yes.
 05-28-2009, 07:23 PM         #3495
Eminembase 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well if that's how yall feel why are yall saying ur tired about hearing about certain subjects when u really feel that its about how you say it and not what you say. just say that you dont care what these artist rap about as long as they are extremely lyrical, there flows are consistent, and they use alot of multis lol. they can rap about fukking trannys as long as they use alot of multis, etc.

u know something after awhile...what they rap about is going to matter as well...that actually comes with time becuz honestly when i was younger i felt the say way you guys do. so i can understand where your coming from...im just trying to show you a different perspective to look at it from. its not about taking the game back to where it used to be but elevating the game to a place where its never been...thats what the game is missing.
No, I said I liked twisted humour.

When I say I don't care what 'they' rap about I'm just being flippant to save a never-ending debate about actual content.

Because to me, the way it's done is MORE important than what's being rapped about.

But that doesn't mean what's being rapped about is not important.

With "Stay Wide Awake" for example; Em isn't just pointlessly rapping about r*pe and stupid s**t, he's creating extremely strong visual imagery and telling twisted tales with hilarious twisted wit and rhyme patterns.

His albums are like audio horror movies but they also leave you jaw-struck at the actual craft of the lyricism. Well they do with me anyway.

I think Em has and is taking the game to a place it hasn't been.

What other rapper changes their flow on literally every track on the album.

Not only that but comes with an entirely new style every album.

Put any of Em's albums next to each other minus Infinite as that had a AZ / Nas style - And it sounds like 5 completely different fresh rappers that don't sound like anyone else!

Most rappers keep one style throughout. And rappers like Jay-Z rap about the same s**t every single album in exactly the same way and critics and fans never complain they just focus on how he did it.

Yet people with Em can't deny the lyrical prowess so just go with "oh, same old murder s**t again".

He's done his personal life to death, if he did more of it people would just say "wow, this guy never stops moaning".

He's also said what he needs to say on politics enough time, the Bush administration.

So now he's just having fun and creating twisted storytelling in extremely clever ways. What the hell else is he meant to talk about lmao, what do you expect.

Anyway, this debate is pretty much pointless, agree to disagree. Bye.
 05-28-2009, 08:52 PM         #3496
mtn4 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this cd is sick prob the second best eminem cd Ive heard this cd delievered
 9 years ago '07        #3497
Bkjj11 3548 heat pts3548
space
space
$92,516 | Props total: 70110 70110

[pic - click to view]

The godfather of rap is back, four and a half year after his last studio-set, the new effort 'Relapse' outsold the competition easily with opening week sales of 1,01 million copies. That's the second
highest level this year so far, after U2's 'No Line On The Horizon' (1,18 million units, week 11 / 2009).
Eminem's last studio album 'Encore' bowed also at no.1after a three-day sales period with 1,04 million copies (week 48 / 2004) and grows up the following week to 1,48 million. Eminem's most succesful album, 'The Marshall Mathers LP' sold nearly 22 million copies to date and ranks at no.55 on the ALLTIME ALBUM CHART.

Source:
Worldwide sales list:

1,007,000 mil first week, plat status...EARLY....he almost outsold encore, lol damn.
 9 years ago '05        #3498
Crizzo82 
space
space
$1,074 | Props total: 475 475
glad he got a mil in the first week
 9 years ago '08        #3499
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
Eminem is the greatest selling rapper of all time... He's gonna surpass Pac with this album... And haters can't say s**t about it...

Last edited by Future; 05-28-2009 at 11:27 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #3500
Bkjj11 3548 heat pts3548
space
space
$92,516 | Props total: 70110 70110
oh yeah, as of the end 0f 2008, wayne is at 3.2 mil...just for you people to dwell on til the goat slides over him....
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
129 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
19 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now