Eminem - Relapse - Discussion Thread /Eminem sells 207,000 2nd Week

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
239 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
128 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Best Track On Relapse
3 AM 11 1.94%
MY MOM 12 2.12%
INSANE 14 2.47%
BAGPIPES FROM BAGHDAD 20 3.53%
HELLO 24 4.23%
SAME SONG AND DANCE 29 5.11%
WE MADE YOU 3 0.53%
MEDICINE BALL 23 4.06%
STAY WIDE AWAKE 63 11.11%
OLD TIME'S SAKE 9 1.59%
MUST BE THE GANJA 13 2.29%
DEJA VU 74 13.05%
BEAUTIFUL 129 22.75%
CRACK A BOTTLE 5 0.88%
UNDERGROUND 138 24.34%
Voters: 567. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 05-27-2009, 07:29 PM         #3461
nxn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hollaballooza said:
This is what every Em fan wanted - The return of Slim Shady
Clearly not considering that so many people are b***hing it's not another MMLP. Point is he wouldn't have been able to please everyone and the same s**t would be happening no matter what he did.
 9 years ago '08        #3462
hollaballooza 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,271 | Props total: 450 450
 nxn said:
Clearly not considering that so many people are b***hing it's not another MMLP. Point is he wouldn't have been able to please everyone and the same s**t would be happening no matter what he did.
True, can't please everyone
 9 years ago '04        #3463
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,216 | Props total: 2114 2114
 Narcz said:
After a 5 year hiatus and everyone anticipating your return and the best you come up with is Relapse? An album about k!lling people and various homos3xual acts... You people are really satisfied with that? Any real Eminem fan should be pissed. You guys have been waiting years for this s**t. Making an album for the fun of making one shouldn't and doesn't cut it.
you do know thats how he started out right?? Talking about crazy s**t and r*pe and murder and drugs......The Way I am and Mockinbird s**t came later......I think he should have left Beautiful off Relapse......its a good song but it doesnt fit with the rest of the album.....biggest selling album of the year :applause::applause:
 05-27-2009, 09:07 PM         #3464
Eminembase 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Eminem doesnt sell more than Carter 3 in a week, now its "who cares if Em didnt sell more than Carter 3, Wayne caters to females" smh at you Stans
Not at all. But who the f**k cares about sales.

50 Cent's Curtis also sold more than Relapse in the 1st week. Would you say Curtis is better than Relapse? If so I think you need your head examined.

Facts are. Firstly Relapse is ridiculously well crafted and so much better than Carter III in every possible sense. If you really wanna tally up sales how about Eminem officially being the biggest rapper in history, FACT. And Wayne has been out as long.

Carter III is a pile of s**t. It may as well literally be an actual human piece of turd because that's what the quality of it equates too.

You also can't underestimate the fact that Wayne is a sell-out and at the time was on every mixtape in creation to get his name out there. So most people bought it just to see what all the fuss was about. Then true hip-hop fans wiped their a.ss with it n gave it to Auto the trash man on collection day.

You also cannot take for granted the state of the recession in early 2008 vs now. It's a huge huge difference. It also took Wayne six f**king albums to finally reach a mill in a week. The guy is a turd, a trend rapper, a guy of the times that'll be yesterday's news before ya know it.

Relapse is true quality.

Last edited by Eminembase; 05-27-2009 at 09:09 PM..
 05-27-2009, 09:18 PM         #3465
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 IInvented said:
so wut does it make him? Wuts ur point? Encore>>>>>>>>>waynes best album... which is carter 2
that was like the most retarded thing I've ever heard from you... that didnt make any sense at all... dont say something just to say it... it looks retarded! :owned:
 9 years ago '08        #3466
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
 The Blueprint˛ said:
Man iinvented you and your brother take eminem d**kriding to another level. Encore was a piece of trash. Carter 1, Carter 2, Lights out, the block is hot and that piece of s**t Carter 3 were all 35435634 times better then encore.
Like Toy Soldiers>>>>>>>any song on those albums you named...
I'd rather listen to Encore than any other Wayne cd... I can't listen to his f**king voice...
btw, i got carter 2 lol...
 9 years ago '08        #3467
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
 wepainters said:
What?
When did I cosign him?
I agree that Encore isn't better than Carter series.
But it is better than his mixtapes and block is hot that's for sure
Encore is not better than Carter 3?
 9 years ago '08        #3468
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
 Andre3000 said:
that was like the most retarded thing I've ever heard from you... that didnt make any sense at all... dont say something just to say it... it looks retarded! :owned:
ur f**king lame.. you got owned and thats the best you could come up with?
 9 years ago '08        #3469
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
^ triple post
 9 years ago '07        #3470
Bkjj11 3550 heat pts3550
space
space
$92,519 | Props total: 70170 70170
608k is damn good.
 9 years ago '08        #3471
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
 wepainters said:
^ triple post
And?
 9 years ago '12        #3472
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,987 | Props total: 1256 1256
lol @ Narcz.. dude still hangin' around
 9 years ago '06        #3473
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,789 | Props total: 2303 2303
his sales are lower than i thought theyd be. I expected 850,000
 05-28-2009, 08:49 AM         #3474
Eminembase 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All im saying is more people are obviously feeling wayne right now then they are feeling eminem and that can be proved by the difference in record sales. record sales are almost like votes. so if there was a poll asking which artist do you like better, eminem or wayne obviously wayne would have won the poll by 400,000 votes or sales. Therefore wayne is simply more popular and more liked by the general public.
That's not true and record sales don't prove that. First of all it was a year ago Carter III came out so the recession was nowhere near as bad as it is now or has just been.

Secondly, it shows more people bought it. He appealed to more of the public than Em cuz he's a sell-out. But I'd bet more real hip-hop fans are feeling Em than Wayne.

Took Wayne 6 albums to get truely noticed. Shows how s**t he is. What has Wayne ever done that comes even close to Em's best? f**k ALL that's what.

Em's worst stuff is 10 times better than Wayne's best stuff.
 05-28-2009, 11:09 AM         #3475
Eminembase 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't think most of the general public do prefer Wayne though.

He sold more because he was 'the new kid on the block' at the time. Even though he had five albums before C3, it took him THAT long to finally get noticed properly.

Backstreet Boys sold more than 2Pac when he was alive but I wouldn't call them more talented.

If the general public preferred Wayne over Em then Em wouldn't have sold 80 Mil records.

And yes I know we've been in a recession since last year and yes longer than that. That's why I said it was nowhere near AS BAD as now.

Back in June 08 when C3 was released it was nowhere near as bad as now. It was at it's worst around Nov 08. We're just slowly coming out of it so consumer trust is rising, slowly.

Also, look at all the promotion and features Wayne did to achieve that.

Where as Em hasn't had an album out since 04, releases a few singles and does 600k straight away.

Who cares about sales anyway. Em is miles more talented.

I wasn't one of the people pre-sales saying "JUST WATCH RELAPSE BEAT C3" because personally I cannot see why the fans of the two artists keep going tit for tat, I don't get it, it's ridiculous and childish.

I was only concerned about the quality of the music. And minus Crack a Bottle the album is perfect so I'm happy.
 9 years ago '06        #3476
ohiostate7 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,980 | Props total: 242 242
i could give a f**k about sales. if the album is good thats all that matters to me. why would i care about how much another person makes? if Em sold 100,000 and the album was still hot to me then so what. his sales dont affect me.
 05-28-2009, 01:04 PM         #3477
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SkateboardT said:
being more popular doesn't make you better.

look at soulja boy.
so why did everybody always bring up 50's sales against rick ross??? the n*gga got fans for days but cant make a hit to save his life

ohiostate7 said:
i could give a f**k about sales. if the album is good thats all that matters to me. why would i care about how much another person makes? if Em sold 100,000 and the album was still hot to me then so what. his sales dont affect me.
but thats the thing, the album isnt hot. its just a 37 year old eminem rapping about the stuff he rapped about in 1999 when he was 27. growth is needed here
 9 years ago '06        #3478
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
 Eminembase said:
Not at all. But who the f**k cares about sales.

50 Cent's Curtis also sold more than Relapse in the 1st week. Would you say Curtis is better than Relapse? If so I think you need your head examined.

Facts are. Firstly Relapse is ridiculously well crafted and so much better than Carter III in every possible sense. If you really wanna tally up sales how about Eminem officially being the biggest rapper in history, FACT. And Wayne has been out as long.

Carter III is a pile of s**t. It may as well literally be an actual human piece of turd because that's what the quality of it equates too.

You also can't underestimate the fact that Wayne is a sell-out and at the time was on every mixtape in creation to get his name out there. So most people bought it just to see what all the fuss was about. Then true hip-hop fans wiped their a.ss with it n gave it to Auto the trash man on collection day.

You also cannot take for granted the state of the recession in early 2008 vs now. It's a huge huge difference. It also took Wayne six f**king albums to finally reach a mill in a week. The guy is a turd, a trend rapper, a guy of the times that'll be yesterday's news before ya know it.

Relapse is true quality.
Good post.
 05-28-2009, 01:31 PM         #3479
Eminembase 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
but thats the thing, the album isnt hot. its just a 37 year old eminem rapping about the stuff he rapped about in 1999 when he was 27. growth is needed here
So what, he's rapping about drugs, r*pe and serial k!lling.

He may of rapped about that in 99' but in 2000 he rapped about the media and critics, in 2002 / 03 he rapped about his personal life, psychology and mental state.

In 04' he did a little of both and a bit of silliness.

He's grown every album so why can't he just have fun with it again. "Mosh" for example is a prime song of growth. A new found maturity and a stomping political song. Same with stuff like "Square Dance".

That's his style. He covers more topics in one verse than most do in a whole album.

It's not what you say it's how you say it.

It's "hot" because the rhyme patterns are incredible and the delivery is fresh and nearly every track has a completely new set of flows.

Where as most rappers rap about guns and the streets and how gangsta they are... FOREVER. So your critisism is stupid.
 9 years ago '06        #3480
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
The fact that all people wanna hear about is guns and cars is ridiculous. You hear that type of s**t from everyone else, it's good to hear something different for a while. That's where Eminem comes in.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
107 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago