Eminem - Relapse - Discussion Thread /Eminem sells 207,000 2nd Week

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
64 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Best Track On Relapse
3 AM 11 1.94%
MY MOM 12 2.12%
INSANE 14 2.47%
BAGPIPES FROM BAGHDAD 20 3.53%
HELLO 24 4.23%
SAME SONG AND DANCE 29 5.11%
WE MADE YOU 3 0.53%
MEDICINE BALL 23 4.06%
STAY WIDE AWAKE 63 11.11%
OLD TIME'S SAKE 9 1.59%
MUST BE THE GANJA 13 2.29%
DEJA VU 74 13.05%
BEAUTIFUL 129 22.75%
CRACK A BOTTLE 5 0.88%
UNDERGROUND 138 24.34%
Voters: 567. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 05-27-2009, 12:15 PM         #3401
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 persuazion said:
Em said he dont give a f**k if his album sales or not......if he can make some money for his label at the same time then great but hes putting out the kind of music he wants to and hopefully his fans like it......how much more does dude have to sell to be considered successful? he could sale 20,000 copies his next 3 albums and he would still be the 2nd highest selling rapper of all time behind Tupac.I think Relpase is a great album and Im glad he did that instead of what he THINKS the label or people want out of him......
i never said he aint successful, he's very successful but no matter what your gonna have high standards for whatever you do. i know he's let down by these numbers because yall are let down and yall dont reap any reward. when has eminem ever released what people wanted to hear???

i just think like if he woulda sold more than wayne yall would be bashing wayne but since he didnt yall are kinda withdrawing that and saying well 600k aint bad

just like when ross released DTR and people said he wouldnt do such and such numbers but when he did more than expected people raised the number and were like "well i bet he doesnt reach ____ tho."
 05-27-2009, 12:18 PM         #3402
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimwillie said:
who cares if wayne sells more tho? he caters to women Em makes song about k!lling people.

it's like comparing sales for Saw to Highschool musical
alot of yall cared a few pages back...to where it was a big debate

you can compare saw and high school musical sales also
 9 years ago '04        #3403
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,217 | Props total: 2114 2114
 TDH Music said:
Yall n*ggaz some haters i give up...a n*gga can type...600k is good numbers a thousand times in a row and yall gone still say the n*gga said 600k is a failure...shyt is ridiculous

look heres simple math for you:

1,000,000 > 600,000

any questions or disputes? Damn...smh
okay
Em still has the guiness book world record for the fastest selling rap artist in history for MMLP.....so again....when did Waynes album become the one to beat?? Shoudnt the highest selling rap album in a week set the bar and have everything else compared to it???
 9 years ago '04        #3404
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
 SmooveDude said:
i never said he aint successful, he's very successful but no matter what your gonna have high standards for whatever you do. i know he's let down by these numbers because yall are let down and yall dont reap any reward. when has eminem ever released what people wanted to hear???

i just think like if he woulda sold more than wayne yall would be bashing wayne but since he didnt yall are kinda withdrawing that and saying well 600k aint bad

just like when ross released DTR and people said he wouldnt do such and such numbers but when he did more than expected people raised the number and were like "well i bet he doesnt reach ____ tho."
Encore sold 700,000 though.....and that was 5 years ago.HOw is 600,000 a let down? Dude says nobodys sells what they used to any more and Em is not immune to that.....Ross hyped everybody up about his album....Magnificnet was being played all the time...Maifa Music was hard he had Kanye,Wayne,Nas on his album and he still sold 130,000.....
 9 years ago '04        #3405
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
 TDH Music said:
I answered that question two pages ago...go take a look
Oh ok I got it......AS OF RIGHT NOW like meaning last year...Waynes is the new album to beat....somehow MMLP just gets erased for having the biggest opening week ever and every album that comes out from now on will have to beat Waynes to be considered a success......I got you.
 9 years ago '04        #3406
famoussasjohn 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,705 | Props total: 193 193
how are people comparing him to wayne when wayne released his album a year ago?
i can see you guys comparing it if wayne released an album in the last few months, but who has sold 600k the first week this year?
 05-27-2009, 12:30 PM         #3407
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimwillie said:
if Em sold 2 million the first week it doesn't reflect on Wayne at all. wayne did huge numbers props to him. and I can't stand his music.
i never said it did but everything is competitive, you dont just do something and say i dont care what happens

slimwillie said:
but how do you know Em is let down? I mean dude is worth 27656219465465464 million and you think he's let down

now that this album is out he'll have more buzz for Relapse 2 and I gaurantee they'll be the 2 highest selling albums this year
im not 100% he's let down but he's a artist dont something he loves, i dont think the money matters to him but i think the total units he moves matters because it seems from the numbers like he's losing fans or aint touchin as many people as before

he shoulda never released this album, forget this junk givin him a buzz he shoulda recorded for longer than 3 months and released somethin worthwhile, im sure relapse 2 will be smoove but this regular relapse let me down heavily

slimwillie said:
every rapper numbers drop once they hit their prime. Jay-Z barely got a million out of Kingdom Come
barely got 1 mill first week or overall??? cause kingdom come seemed forced. he had black album:agreement6:then released that stupid collabed album then retired and tried to come back 3 years later when he aint that kinda rapper. he needs someone to push him
 05-27-2009, 12:32 PM         #3408
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimwillie said:
alot of "y'all"

don't generalize me you f**kin idiot I wasn't on here a few pages back.

and you can compare Brittany Spears to Rakim in sales to but you just look like a f**kin moron :greetings10:
frustration, resorting to name calling doesnt always bring your self-esteem up
 9 years ago '04        #3409
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
 famoussasjohn said:
how are people comparing him to wayne when wayne released his album a year ago?
i can see you guys comparing it if wayne released an album in the last few months, but who has sold 600k the first week this year?
thats what Im trying to understand.....
 05-27-2009, 12:42 PM         #3410
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimwillie said:
and generalizing doesn't make you right when arguing with different people. you put all of us in the same boat trying to prove a point but failed miserably. real smoove dude
you always argue for eminem so how doesnt that involve you, first to bash someone or somethin but then retract and say u werent apart of itwow

there was nothing i failed. your one of em's fanboys and you along with countless others thought he was gonna do better than he did. the numbers got released, it showed and now your ok with 600k. but iight im done kinda seems as if your debate skills are sorta slim willie:greetings10:you take care now
 05-27-2009, 12:45 PM         #3411
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wow amazing numbers, the 2nd week should be like 500k? and to think Relapse 2 is coming later this year, Em is about to do the same numbers or better with that one.
 9 years ago '05        #3412
cowlersleycowle 
space
space
space
$2,206 | Props total: 468 468
^^^^^ encore sold 200k more the 2nd week
 9 years ago '04        #3413
JTwizzy 
space
space
$2,053 | Props total: 0 0
 xyz11scorp21xyz said:
i read the last couple pages. and encore by the way sold more than a mil in a WEEK. it debuted with 700k but that was from friday to tuesday. it sold 1.1 mil in the firsrt 7 days. mmlp had 1.7 mil in his first week, and tes sold like 1.3 mil. and eminem is the highest selling rap artist EVER. so don't even start comparing wayne to eminem, wayne might be more popular right now still, but em still has relapse 2 coming this year so we'll see.

and the hype for c3 was insane, like somebody said, he kept releasing those drought mixtapes a few months apart, then c3 finally dropped.
good post. plus, Em didn't even have a popular first single. All those factors go into it, and he still sold 600,000 first week. I think if RELAPSE 2 actually comes out soon like he's saying and he has a decent first single it will sell more than 600,000 just cuz the hype will still be around. This is not a fail by ANY means. The economy is s**t right now. Wayne came out a year ago. I'm sick of ppl comparing this to C3 sales.

Doesnt matter to me tho. C3 wasn't that good, RELAPSE was very good.

and does this include digital sales?
 9 years ago '04        #3414
JTwizzy 
space
space
$2,053 | Props total: 0 0
 SmooveDude said:
you always argue for eminem so how doesnt that involve you, first to bash someone or somethin but then retract and say u werent apart of itwow

there was nothing i failed. your one of em's fanboys and you along with countless others thought he was gonna do better than he did. the numbers got released, it showed and now your ok with 600k. but iight im done kinda seems as if your debate skills are sorta slim willie:greetings10:you take care now
Just stop. yes, us who thought he would do more ARE disappointed with the numbers. That doesn't mean that they aren't good numbers. The bar is just set so high for Em.
 9 years ago '07        #3415
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,600 | Props total: 914 914
 xyz11scorp21xyz said:
i read the last couple pages. and encore by the way sold more than a mil in a WEEK. it debuted with 700k but that was from friday to tuesday. it sold 1.1 mil in the firsrt 7 days. mmlp had 1.7 mil in his first week, and tes sold like 1.3 mil. and eminem is the highest selling rap artist EVER. so don't even start comparing wayne to eminem, wayne might be more popular right now still, but em still has relapse 2 coming this year so we'll see.

and the hype for c3 was insane, like somebody said, he kept releasing those drought mixtapes a few months apart, then c3 finally dropped.
highest selling behind pac. check the records homie..
 05-27-2009, 01:06 PM         #3416
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jslim said:
highest selling behind pac. check the records homie..
i thought he sold more than tupac by a few mill at that
 9 years ago '07        #3417
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
Why people comparing sales to C3 still.. That was last year, the Economy was not even close to being this bad. 600k is a lot in today's climate.
Good s**t Em.

I don't even get why Eminem & Wayne are being said in the same sentence.
They're both totally different artists' with a whole different fan base.
 9 years ago '04        #3418
kukkudo 
space
space
space
$1,180 | Props total: 132 132
Correct the thread title it should read 608,244
 9 years ago '06        #3419
Trap$tar 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,883 | Props total: 2719 2719
I still think Em will still sell more than Wayne especially worldwide.

Carter 3 sucked though so does Wayne.

But anyway Im still surprised he didnt do a mil in a week but you know the economys bad when Em cant even sell a mill.

One thing you to look at is week 2. If he sells 500K then that would be crazy. Or he could go like Akon and keep selling 200K on a weekly basis. But I dont think any of that will happen.

Last edited by Trap$tar; 05-27-2009 at 01:19 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #3420
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
I dont even think he gave a f**k about sales, he could have done more to promote.. Dropped another video that would be some time on MTV & get some airplay on the radios but he stuck with We Made You & put out some gory a.ss s**t that had to be played on Cinemax (I dont know if MTV ever played the 3AM vid, dont watch that s**t).... If/When Em drops Beautiful as a single his sales from the prior week will jump
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
70 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
191 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
27 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
24 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
55 comments
23 hours ago