Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
19 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
76 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Best Track On Relapse
3 AM 11 1.94%
MY MOM 12 2.12%
INSANE 14 2.47%
BAGPIPES FROM BAGHDAD 20 3.53%
HELLO 24 4.23%
SAME SONG AND DANCE 29 5.11%
WE MADE YOU 3 0.53%
MEDICINE BALL 23 4.06%
STAY WIDE AWAKE 63 11.11%
OLD TIME'S SAKE 9 1.59%
MUST BE THE GANJA 13 2.29%
DEJA VU 74 13.05%
BEAUTIFUL 129 22.75%
CRACK A BOTTLE 5 0.88%
UNDERGROUND 138 24.34%
Voters: 567. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 05-27-2009, 07:33 AM         #3381
Narcz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You know Lil Wayne is the best rapper alive when he's constantly brought up in threads that have nothing to do with him...
 9 years ago '04        #3382
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,208 | Props total: 2097 2097
 TDH Music said:
I agree 100% with this post. You guys are in denial. Eminem is not hot in the streetz. I had Eminems's Album a week and a half early and no one was even interested in it. No one. The internet and the streetz are two different things. Artist that are popping online usually are not popping in the streetz and we all know people online dont buy albums.
honestly I never really heard of Em being 'hot in the streets' I mean I never heard a bunch of people jammin his s**t driving by or at the car wash.Even when he had Eminem Show and MMlp it was only certain people listneing to him......you know what I did hear in the streets?? Jeezy,Stanky LEg,Ross,Game.....how much did they sell first week? If you not hot in the streets and you sell 600,000 and number 1 in 25 countries with no radioplay then I think thats pretty good.I bought Em's album and Im an online dude......so I guess Em being an online dude actually helped him this time cuz if he would have been hot in the streets he wouldnt even have gone gold.When did Wayne become the exception? WHen Em dropped MMLP The album sold over 1.76 million copies in its first week, earning a spot in the Guinness Book of World Records as the fastest-selling album ever. Shouldnt that be the number to beat first week?
 9 years ago '07        #3383
Hunedz|M 38 heat pts38
space
space
$6,414 | Props total: 3 3
:wow:Lil Wayne Beat Eminem

I Respect That Highly
 9 years ago '06        #3384
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
Wayne won't do 1 million again and Eminem is going platinum this year off of Relapse 2 in the first week. Is that 600k first week sales for the U.S. only? Anyways, I can pretty much guarantee Wayne won't do a million for his next album.
 9 years ago '06        #3385
Crown Loyal 
space
space
$2,435 | Props total: 1 1
Actually nobody lost. What alot of yall fail to realize is this is a business. And for yall to say 600k right now is a failure yall must be out of your mind. Why is it that grown a.ss men continue to compare dudes record sales? So what Wayne sold 1 mil in the first week. What does that do for your life? Just be thankful that people actually still listen to Hip Hop with all the garbage thats out there now and we can finally say there is music out there thats still worth listening to.
 9 years ago '04        #3386
apfam77 
space
space
space
$1,001 | Props total: 205 205
 Crown Loyal said:
Actually nobody lost. What alot of yall fail to realize is this is a business. And for yall to say 600k right now is a failure yall must be out of your mind. Why is it that grown a.ss men continue to compare dudes record sales? So what Wayne sold 1 mil in the first week. What does that do for your life? Just be thankful that people actually still listen to Hip Hop with all the garbage thats out there now and we can finally say there is music out there thats still worth listening to.
real talk. people on here act like "they" won somethin cause wayne outsold em.
 05-27-2009, 11:36 AM         #3387
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TDH Music said:
yall n*ggaz need to stop taking this shyt personal. The n*gga stated a fact. Wayne sold more then Eminem which inturn means that as of now music wise Wayne is more popular then Eminem. I'm not a Wayne fan or Eminem fan but if I had to choose between the two...I'm going with Eminem...but the man stated a fact...Wayne is more popular music wise then Eminem...how do you dispute that...that might make some of you sad on the inside but it's the truth...suck it up and deal wit it.
i was tryna tell people that maybe a month ago and they were actin like i was trippeni guess the truth hurts.....im sure wayne will go platinum first week 1-2 more times(including young money)
 9 years ago '04        #3388
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
 TDH Music said:
yall n*ggaz need to stop taking this shyt personal. The n*gga stated a fact. Wayne sold more then Eminem which inturn means that as of now music wise Wayne is more popular then Eminem. I'm not a Wayne fan or Eminem fan but if I had to choose between the two...I'm going with Eminem...but the man stated a fact...Wayne is more popular music wise then Eminem...how do you dispute that...that might make some of you sad on the inside but it's the truth...suck it up and deal wit it.
YOu mean at this time?? Or overall? You comparing one album to overall sales.....you think people bought Lil Wayne's album just becuase hes Wayne or because they liked either Lollipop or A Milli.......we saying Em sells off name alone.....Wayne having the 2 biggest songs of the year helped him......does that make him more popular? And did you mean just in the US? Cuz I dont think Wayne was #1 in 25 countries.....

Last edited by persuazion; 05-27-2009 at 11:37 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #3389
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
 SmooveDude said:
i was tryna tell people that maybe a month ago and they were actin like i was trippeni guess the truth hurts.....im sure wayne will go platinum first week 1-2 more times(including young money)
how much you want to bet he wont go Plat with no airplay or any hit singles?
 05-27-2009, 11:46 AM         #3390
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 persuazion said:
how much you want to bet he wont go Plat with no airplay or any hit singles?
eminem had airplay....that crack a bottle song, that we made you and another one i just dont remember it

wayne will always get airplay because well he's wayne. the public LOVES the n*gga. in 07-08 he was doing more features than artist recorded song by themselves. no matter what people are always gonna buy his cd's just because he's always gonna be in the spotlight
 9 years ago '06        #3391
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,967 | Props total: 3483 3483
US (#1) = 608,244
Canada (#1) = 63,826
Australia Albums Chart: #1 (27,971)
France Album Chart: #1
Ireland Albums Chart: #1
Japan Albums Chart: #1 (46,101)
Korea Albums Chart: #1 (2,443)
New Zealand Albums Chart: #1
Norway Albums Chart: #1
UK Albums Chart: #1 (166,952)
Germany Albums Chart: #2
Taiwan Albums Chart: #2
Netherland Albums Chart: #3
Sweden Albums Chart: #3
Italy Albums Chart: #4
Belgium Albums Chart: #25
Slovenia Albums Chart: #25
Finland Albums Chart: #30
Easily did 1 Mil + Worldwide

No surprise: Eminem's "Relapse" brings the rapper back to familiar ground -- the No. 1 slot on the Billboard 200. With 608,000 sold in its first week, it not only nets the biggest sales week of the year for any album, but the best since AC/DC's "Black Ice" began with 784,000 copies last October.

It's Eminem's fifth straight No. 1 debut -- and fifth overall No. 1. His only album to miss the top spot was his "Slim Shady LP" debut, which bowed and peaked at No. 2 in 1999.

His last studio set, 2004's "Encore," arrived with 711,000 after an abbreviated debut week -- it was released four days earlier than scheduled in order to counter leaks. A little over a year later, his greatest hits package "Curtain Call" took the stage with 441,000 in December 2005. Collectively, his six albums have sold 34 million in the U.S., making him the biggest selling hip-hop act in the SoundScan era (1991-present).

Eminem was seemingly the pied-piper last week in terms of new releases, as a cavalcade of artists unleashed their latest sets last Tuesday (19). Of course, it didn't hurt that the two-night "American Idol" finale, which wrapped up on Wednesday (May 20), brought a lot of people into physical and digital stores too.

Last edited by 01seay; 05-27-2009 at 11:48 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #3392
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
 TDH Music said:
Yes Wayne is now selling off of name alone. He has a huge fan base. That's a fact. When you as an artist have a huge fan base you can and will sell off of name alone. Notice I said a "huge" fan base. There are alot of artist that have a fan base but when your fan base is as big as Wayne's or Em's your gonna sell off of name alone. Also, having two huge radio singles only helped. And like I said before, if Em wouldve had a huge radio single as well he wouldve sold more records. They chose the wrong singles. They kinda went in the wrong direction with the concept for the album IMO. Who was Em's target market? I mean its been 5 years...since his last album his previous target market has grown up. He didnt target them specifically from what I could tell so who was his target market?
I dont think Wayne will sell off name alone.....I mean hes had more albums then Em.None have had the huge smash singles he had on Carter 3....its not a coincidence that album sold the best out of all of them.I guess well see when his rock album comes out.But still in all I give credit to Wayne for saturating the market and being EVERYWHERE last year.But that was last year and Em is the higest selling artist out of any genre for 09......and how somebody could use that to talk down is beyond me......
 9 years ago '05        #3393
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
$10,312 | Props total: 867 867
600k a failure? For an album not even intended for record sales?

you kids
 9 years ago '04        #3394
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
 SmooveDude said:
eminem had airplay....that crack a bottle song, that we made you and another one i just dont remember it

wayne will always get airplay because well he's wayne. the public LOVES the n*gga. in 07-08 he was doing more features than artist recorded song by themselves. no matter what people are always gonna buy his cd's just because he's always gonna be in the spotlight
please......I never heard them on the radio....only on Shade45. We made you is basiclly hated by everybody and his other single was bout serial k!lling.He had no guest feats and only did some publicity the month the album came out.
 05-27-2009, 11:52 AM         #3395
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BurninLz said:
600k a failure? For an album not even intended for record sales?

you kids
i thought every album was intended for record sales??? or they might as well call it a mixtape

i thought rappers released albums to make money???

i dont understand, so he's doing this just because???
 05-27-2009, 11:55 AM         #3396
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 persuazion said:
please......I never heard them on the radio....only on Shade45. We made you is basiclly hated by everybody and his other single was bout serial k!lling.He had no guest feats and only did some publicity the month the album came out.
i never listened to shade45but they were played on the radio here....and when i went to San An they played it there too
 9 years ago '04        #3397
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
 SmooveDude said:
i thought every album was intended for record sales??? or they might as well call it a mixtape

i thought rappers released albums to make money???

i dont understand, so he's doing this just because???
Em said he dont give a f**k if his album sales or not......if he can make some money for his label at the same time then great but hes putting out the kind of music he wants to and hopefully his fans like it......how much more does dude have to sell to be considered successful? he could sale 20,000 copies his next 3 albums and he would still be the 2nd highest selling rapper of all time behind Tupac.I think Relpase is a great album and Im glad he did that instead of what he THINKS the label or people want out of him......
 9 years ago '04        #3398
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
 SmooveDude said:
i never listened to shade45but they were played on the radio here....and when i went to San An they played it there too
well call 97.9 and tell them to play it down here cuz I havent heard it once.
 9 years ago '04        #3399
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
 TDH Music said:
why yall keep saying there was no radio play?

He's number 35 out of the top 40 on mediabase with 1202 plays for the week of May 20 - May 26 and 2265 plays for the previous week. He's getting radio spins. The record just wasnt a hit. Those are payed plays...the people arent picking up on the single. That's after he shot a video and had a countdown to the premiere of the video on MTV. Yall are trying to make it seem like he had crime pays promotion lol...they spent alot of money marketing this album. It just didnt do as well as his last albums cuz Eminem isn't hot like that not more.
I just said I havent heard it.....and Encore sold 700,000 first week...yall act like he has always sold 1 mill out the gate. Okay how bout this......for NOT MUCH radio play and no feats. and only promoting the album for one month and having the album leak 2 weeks in advance.....it is pretty impessive to be the highest selling artist out of any genre for 09.....if you dont agree with that then I dont know what to tell you. Espcially since after Encore and the 5 years hiatus people said he was finished or washed up......
 9 years ago '04        #3400
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
 slimwillie said:
exactly... BX is so funny Ross was a success at 130k and Em isn't hot at 700k
yeah its the same dudes clapping for Ross and saying "but he was #1 that week!!!" that are hating on Em......Ross said he would sell 12 mill.....he sold 130,000. Em said he dont give a f**k what he sales anymore.....he sold 600,000.....
Home      

most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
155 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now