Eminem - Relapse - Discussion Thread /Eminem sells 207,000 2nd Week

most viewed right now
NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
65 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
18 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Best Track On Relapse
3 AM 11 1.94%
MY MOM 12 2.12%
INSANE 14 2.47%
BAGPIPES FROM BAGHDAD 20 3.53%
HELLO 24 4.23%
SAME SONG AND DANCE 29 5.11%
WE MADE YOU 3 0.53%
MEDICINE BALL 23 4.06%
STAY WIDE AWAKE 63 11.11%
OLD TIME'S SAKE 9 1.59%
MUST BE THE GANJA 13 2.29%
DEJA VU 74 13.05%
BEAUTIFUL 129 22.75%
CRACK A BOTTLE 5 0.88%
UNDERGROUND 138 24.34%
Voters: 567. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #2841
Get Familia 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,481 | Props total: 144 144
 kegar89 said:
Why don't you buy Relapse, then burn a copy and add the 2 bonus tracks?
Yeah i guess...maybe i'll do that. I gotta buy the album & support...but it pisses me off, all this iTunes bonus track cods**t!
 05-16-2009, 04:01 PM         #2842
nxn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Get Familia said:
Yeah i guess...maybe i'll do that. I gotta buy the album & support...but it pisses me off, all this iTunes bonus track cods**t!
All the purchase options for relapse on eminem.com offer the two tracks as an extra download once the cd is relased on the 19th. So I don't get what pisses you off?
 9 years ago '09        #2843
BKTerror45 20 heat pts20
space
space
$1,670 | Props total: 128 128
them 2 bonus tracks are classic, since i downloaded earlier today i havent listened to anything else
 9 years ago '04        #2844
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4

The "Prelapse" interview on Shade 45, scroll all the way down to listen to them
 9 years ago '08        #2845
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
why didn't they show 3am live on kimmel?
 9 years ago '07        #2846
Get Familia 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,481 | Props total: 144 144
 nxn said:
All the purchase options for relapse on eminem.com offer the two tracks as an extra download once the cd is relased on the 19th. So I don't get what pisses you off?
Thanks for the info....
But what pisses me off is that the Artist & Label want you to go out and support by buying the retail album in-store...which i understand. But why release 2 HOT a.ss BONUS TRACKS which is available for download only!

The point is...i didn't want the bonus tracks as downloads, i wanted it to compliment the actual retail album, so you get everything in one package! In addition to that, what about the Eminem fans out there who don't have internet access at home, this results in them buying the retail CD...but automatically those fans miss out! As a consumer that aint right.

Finally, as i mentioned in a previous post...the incentive for people downloading the album (legally from Eminem.com & iTunes) is that they would receive 2 bonus tracks with it right...but that so-called 'incentive' automatically gets thrown out the window because the 2bonus tracks would then eventually get leaked around as it has right now! Therefore making it cost-effective and pointless to legally download from 'Eminem.com' & 'iTunes' in the first place.

IT SHOULD BE THE OTHER WAY ROUND....LEAK SNIPPETS OF THE BONUS TRACK ONLINE....BUT YOU ONLY GET THE FULL VERSION WHEN YOU COP THE CD RETAIL - MAKES MORE SENSE!!!
THAT WOULD DEFINITELY TRIGGER ME TO WHIP TO THE LOCAL HMV STORE!!

Last edited by Get Familia; 05-16-2009 at 06:15 PM..
 05-16-2009, 06:27 PM         #2847
nxn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Get Familia said:
Thanks for the info....
But what pisses me off is that the Artist & Label want you to go out and support by buying the retail album in-store...which i understand. But why release 2 HOT a.ss BONUS TRACKS which is available for download only!

The point is...i didn't want the bonus tracks as downloads, i wanted it to compliment the actual retail album, so you get everything in one package! In addition to that, what about the Eminem fans out there who don't have internet access at home, this results in them buying the retail CD...but automatically those fans miss out! As a consumer that aint right.

Finally, as i mentioned in a previous post...the incentive for people downloading the album (legally from Eminem.com & iTunes) is that they would receive 2 bonus tracks with it right...but that so-called 'incentive' automatically gets thrown out the window because the 2bonus tracks would then eventually get leaked around as it has right now! Therefore making it cost-effective and pointless to legally download from 'Eminem.com' & 'iTunes' in the first place.

IT SHOULD BE THE OTHER WAY ROUND....LEAK SNIPPETS OF THE BONUS TRACK ONLINE....BUT YOU ONLY GET THE FULL VERSION WHEN YOU COP THE CD RETAIL - MAKES MORE SENSE!!!
THAT WOULD DEFINITELY TRIGGER ME TO WHIP TO THE LOCAL HMV STORE!!
I understand that you like those two tracks, and I also understand that they're good tracks in their own right. The problem with them is that they do not fit the theme of the album at all. Even if they're better than 'we made you' or some of the other singles, their feeling is completely different from the rest of the album. If eminem had included them on the main release, Relapse would have felt cluttered and all over the place. As it is now, it feels solid as it has one theme, and enough variation between the tracks to not have it be monotnous.

This album concentrated most on his flow and rapping skills. He didn't limit himself to 'real' tracks for the purpose of being able to go crazy lyrically. And since he only included tracks that demonstrate this on the cd, it illustrates its purpose more clearly.

I'm sort of glad they didn't end up on the physical cd even though I do like them more than some of the tracks that did (we made you for example). I think overall I'd appreciate the album less because I wouldn't be able to really look at it as an entity anymore.

EDIT: I should also mention that I'm the type of person that despises "best of" compilations. I feel like taking the tracks out of their natural environment takes away from their power.

Last edited by nxn; 05-16-2009 at 06:31 PM..
 05-16-2009, 07:47 PM         #2848
Rhyme n Tekniq 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
honestly

lyrically this album is 5/5

production wise its a 3.8/5 (with a few exceptions maybe a handful)

the accent is an acquired taste, but honestly alot of people are complaining he has outgrown this type of rap when they know its a Concept Album...Basically he's playing the role of a particular character in a particular backdrop with an overall particular theme to the whole album, same shyt is jay-z's KC.

i feel like about 5 songs kinda messed up the flow of the album. not necessarily wack but it just didnt fit especially when you have intros and skits that establish a specific theme for the whole album. The Dark Humorous Slim- shady persona wasnt as persistant throughout the album as it could have been with some of the "Fart jokes, just lose it" side of eminem rearing its head

not a classic but its still a great album, hopefully this is just a prelude to a classic album

Underground was the perfect way to end it tho, hands down the best song on the album, s**ts epic
 9 years ago '04        #2849
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,933 | Props total: 414 414
Gotta say I can't disagree.
 9 years ago '05        #2850
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,498 | Props total: 719 719
i think its a hot album id say 4.5/5....i think relapse 2 is gunna be epic
 9 years ago '09        #2851
kingstown04 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,547 | Props total: 89 89
i give it a 4 out of 5 too...better then mos s**t out today
 05-16-2009, 08:31 PM         #2852
nxn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ugh, no. Eminem has a much better understanding of what makes a cd great than you do. It's not as simple as "pack the best songs you can and f**k everything else".
 05-16-2009, 09:47 PM         #2853
kingz21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
these bonus tracks are sick

damn eminem is still dope hasn't fell off
 9 years ago '07        #2854
AwolRJ 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,189 | Props total: 4 4
 nxn said:
I understand that you like those two tracks, and I also understand that they're good tracks in their own right. The problem with them is that they do not fit the theme of the album at all. Even if they're better than 'we made you' or some of the other singles, their feeling is completely different from the rest of the album. If eminem had included them on the main release, Relapse would have felt cluttered and all over the place. As it is now, it feels solid as it has one theme, and enough variation between the tracks to not have it be monotnous.

This album concentrated most on his flow and rapping skills. He didn't limit himself to 'real' tracks for the purpose of being able to go crazy lyrically. And since he only included tracks that demonstrate this on the cd, it illustrates its purpose more clearly.

I'm sort of glad they didn't end up on the physical cd even though I do like them more than some of the tracks that did (we made you for example). I think overall I'd appreciate the album less because I wouldn't be able to really look at it as an entity anymore.

EDIT: I should also mention that I'm the type of person that despises "best of" compilations. I feel like taking the tracks out of their natural environment takes away from their power.
This guy str8 up crazy! Taking a song from it's enviroment, man I thought I smoked alot of bud.... Thanks for the laugh man.
 05-16-2009, 10:15 PM         #2855
nxn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sure.
 05-16-2009, 10:31 PM         #2856
HeavenlySword 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
my new phone >>> eminem's new album
 9 years ago '05        #2857
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,498 | Props total: 719 719
 HeavenlySword said:
my new phone >>> eminem's new album
 05-16-2009, 11:48 PM         #2858
HeavenlySword 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mattdogg444 said:
He gota a couple catchy tracks on there ill give him that. A friend i sold a bootleg to forced me to listen to some of it during a 4am McDonals run.

Hello is decent. Insane is crazy lyrically but still forced, and too out there. Who wants to rap about his stepdad raping him?

I can see why _______boys relate to it tho. Yes its hot in comparsion to everything else about but so was Kingdom Come. His fans gonna flock to it because there is nothing else.

Give me MMLP , SSLP or even Infinite over this anyday of the week.

Last edited by HeavenlySword; 05-16-2009 at 11:49 PM..
 05-16-2009, 11:54 PM         #2859
nxn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just goes to show how well you listen.
 05-17-2009, 01:23 AM         #2860
WEREWOLF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i agree with nxn , those two tracks were really rough drafts...you can tell by the subpar lyrics, beat and eminems half a.ssed aproach on them, they aint up to par with the rest of the album ...though i would have rather had seen my darling get the dr dre treatement and put on the album, i dont think "what you wish for" was relapse material, it would have been better to put my darling in front of 3am and scrapped same song and dance(i hate that f**king beat) as it would have set the tone more for what he went through before relapse, that song explains alot.

oh an heavenly sword, if you dont like it why the f**k do you keep posting like we give a f**k? ok we get it, you said 300 pages ago you hated the album but its getting tired now, just shut the f**k up....maybe your trying to overcompensate because you dont see many others hating on it, i dont know but this is like the 300th post youve mentioned the stepfather r*pe scene in insane, shut the f**k up we all know you were molested by your step dad.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
120 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
35 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
87 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Death of Barry Sherman (Apotex founder) and his wife, December 15, 2017
21 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Shane Larkin trolls a BX member
16 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
171 comments
21 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy