Eminem - Relapse - Discussion Thread /Eminem sells 207,000 2nd Week

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
56 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
50 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Best Track On Relapse
3 AM 11 1.94%
MY MOM 12 2.12%
INSANE 14 2.47%
BAGPIPES FROM BAGHDAD 20 3.53%
HELLO 24 4.23%
SAME SONG AND DANCE 29 5.11%
WE MADE YOU 3 0.53%
MEDICINE BALL 23 4.06%
STAY WIDE AWAKE 63 11.11%
OLD TIME'S SAKE 9 1.59%
MUST BE THE GANJA 13 2.29%
DEJA VU 74 13.05%
BEAUTIFUL 129 22.75%
CRACK A BOTTLE 5 0.88%
UNDERGROUND 138 24.34%
Voters: 567. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #2601
swyshasweets 
space
space
$2,001 | Props total: 271 271
 U'Nikk said:
what is there to explain... i said what i mean. alot of song he makes jus appeals to the corny white guy in the back of the class room... the white guy that no black people really kicks it wit... u know what im talkin about. im not sayin that white people dont know real hip-hop...
a few of my black friends have asked 4 this cd
 05-12-2009, 10:47 PM         #2602
HeavenlySword 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow yall really tryin to get me to listen to this s**t again aint yall.......
 9 years ago '06        #2603
oflo 
space
space
space
$463 | Props total: 130 130
let me try and break it down for you. every artist has tracks and maybe even albums that people arent feeling because they're trying something different or just going with a vibe or mood that there in that time and they just go with it (perfect example is kanye west) its impossible for an artist to have nothing but classic albums (everyone will always have their own opinion...something you thnk is garbage someone else thinks is classic) so if we agree an artist will not always make music that you love, you have to rate or grade them on a whole. theres plenty of amazing artists that cant make a classic album... i mean luda and busta are so talented yet they cant make a true classic (which brings up another point...sometimes being so versatile lyrically can hurt you because you get so bored with it that you try some crzy s**t that just doesnt work out) and eminem is a victim of that..and homey just so you know hip hop is not just a black and white thing (im black so you know) hip hop is a movement...its a way for people to turn negative s**t in there lives and try and make it positive..inspire...a true emcee should be a voice for a group of people...color should not matter...whether you agree or not eminem is a voice for a whole generation...he releases his frustration and his crazy thoughts and turns into music instead of actually going out and k!lling people...alot of people can relate and when they hear his music...its like there letting there frustrations and crazy thoughts out too...maybe u just dont relate like that so hell never be the best to you..when eminem wants to be serious...no one can touch him but thats not everything hes about..he likes to be silly and have fun...when you listen to relapse you get a little bit of everything...i know this is way too long...i apologize but i hope this helps you to understand why he is one of the best to do it
 9 years ago '05        #2604
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,979 | Props total: 3247 3247
 oflo said:
let me try and break it down for you. every artist has tracks and maybe even albums that people arent feeling because they're trying something different or just going with a vibe or mood that there in that time and they just go with it (perfect example is kanye west) its impossible for an artist to have nothing but classic albums (everyone will always have their own opinion...something you thnk is garbage someone else thinks is classic) so if we agree an artist will not always make music that you love, you have to rate or grade them on a whole. theres plenty of amazing artists that cant make a classic album... i mean luda and busta are so talented yet they cant make a true classic (which brings up another point...sometimes being so versatile lyrically can hurt you because you get so bored with it that you try some crzy s**t that just doesnt work out) and eminem is a victim of that..and homey just so you know hip hop is not just a black and white thing (im black so you know) hip hop is a movement...its a way for people to turn negative s**t in there lives and try and make it positive..inspire...a true emcee should be a voice for a group of people...color should not matter...whether you agree or not eminem is a voice for a whole generation...he releases his frustration and his crazy thoughts and turns into music instead of actually going out and k!lling people...alot of people can relate and when they hear his music...its like there letting there frustrations and crazy thoughts out too...maybe u just dont relate like that so hell never be the best to you..when eminem wants to be serious...no one can touch him but thats not everything hes about..he likes to be silly and have fun...when you listen to relapse you get a little bit of everything...i know this is way too long...i apologize but i hope this helps you to understand why he is one of the best to do it
Damn n*gga how you expect anybody to climb over that wall of text? You ever heard of a paragraph?
 9 years ago '08        #2605
Illuminati 194 heat pts194
space
space
$38,799 | Props total: 9118 9118
Suck my c*ck f*g**t. c*ck BOY.
 05-13-2009, 12:14 AM         #2606
AlexG1989 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you been listening to Ken Kennif a lil too much Illuminati, chill out...
 9 years ago '07        #2607
Bkjj11 3548 heat pts3548
space
space
$92,506 | Props total: 70026 70026
race has nothing to do with hip hop. I guess the likes beastie boys & bubba sparxx & Paul Wall is just dumb on rap cuz of their skin color.

white people that dont know about rap=black people that dont know how to graduate

that can be an easy a.ssumption but its not true.

eminem is one of the greatest ever, and fans (WHATEVER COLOR) can either relate or not. But to not like him becuz of his skin color makes you no different from the racist a*****es of the past. Check yourself
 05-13-2009, 01:19 AM         #2608
webbstar842 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 U'Nikk said:
"but well over 50% of his albums b that bull s**t that appeals to white people that kno nothing about REAL hip-hop" i said what i mean. alot of song he makes jus appeals to the corny white guy in the back of the class room... the white guy that no black people really kicks it wit... u know what im talkin about.
Honestly, I gotta hear a reply from you...
Let me get this straight....So, we got some corny white kid who black people don't kick it with, right?
And, if this kid is noddin his head to Eminem's "the way I am," he is really only a robot who doesn't truly understand "real hip hop"?

U'Nikk - "i love the songs like "guilty conscious", "stan", and "the way i am""

OK. So, you're black according to your pic - i'll a.ssume that's true.
And, what you're saying from above is you love "the way I am" thus categorizing that song into "real hip hop." If not, you would be statin you love songs that "b that bull s**t that appeals to white people that kno nothing about REAL hip-hop."

He doesn't get it like you cuz he ain't cool enough for black people (or other people either cuz you put him in the back of the classroom, too).

Check.
Is my brain connecting this right?
You're black. Eminem is white.
We got a white corny dude.
We got a track called, "The Way I Am" from a white rapper who, in your words, "is DOPE"
White corny dude could never understand or feel the track from a white guy called "The Way I Am."
Black guy does.

I feel like my brain went rubik's cube on me.

On the real.
I mean, damn, homey, you look at most maybe 20 yrs old, which puts you bein born in the late 80s/early 90s, right?
You weren't even born yet before "real hip hop" was around
You grew up with Sisqo not GrandMaster Flash
How the f you even know what "real hip hop" is?
You got a computer kid!
You ain't livin the ghetto life, the poverty.
You a late 90s hip-popper, man!

Damn...wait...stop the press...hold up...damn....
I am really trippin, right? I can't call you out like that, can I?
I'm really actin like your quote below your nickname...
What is it again?
"Really? Haters these days"

I mean...Who the f am I?
I don't know a damn thing about you...
I can't go a.ssuming you don't know what "real hip hop" is cuz of your age...
I don't know about your life neither.
Ish you went through thus far.
How do I know you ain't usin a public library comp b/c u broke?

Damn...I went too far.
Here I am thinkin u just some corny black dude who the real G's don't kick it with and who prolly sits in the back of the classroom, thinkin he knows "real hip hop" comin from the 90s generation.
My bad, yo...I was generalizing...and that ain't cool at all.

By the way that corny white kid you are talking about sittin in the back of the classroom...there is a lot of them dudes out there...damn...maybe one like this:
"...because he was small, he was often bullied at school. When he was 9, he was beat so badly he lost consciousness and was hospitalized for four days for a cerebral hemorrhage and had to relearn how to tie his shoes and pour cereal in a bowl.." .

The details are right here in this story -

Real hip hop is a lot deeper than the thin layer you're thinkin on...
You can be a back-packer, a thug, an OG, a Carlton, a white man, a black woman, a nerd, a bully, a chinese man, a norwegian, a f'n human being and feel "real hip hop"

Last edited by webbstar842; 05-13-2009 at 01:23 AM..
 9 years ago '08        #2609
U'Nikk 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,106 | Props total: 0 0
yall dumb a.sses is taking this whole black and white thing way too far. i dont give a damn if eminem was white, black, blue, purple or green really. and the comment i said about the white fans that dont know anything about real hip hop are the fans that dont really listen to rap period but em... nothing else. and those people dont like his classic songs. anyone on this thread that thinks im racist is stupid.. but it doesnt matter to me if u think it or not.. not gonna change me
 05-13-2009, 05:29 AM         #2610
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Watch the video stan for answers.......
 9 years ago '05        #2611
jiggaman85 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,865 | Props total: 165 165
 HeavenlySword said:
You should listen to it again . It's also getting almost classic reviews .
 05-13-2009, 06:20 AM         #2612
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm only like 4 million away in props to become POWERFUL. Hit them up and I'll return the favor.

Relapse = classic
 9 years ago '05        #2613
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26 OP
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
I won't even call it a classic in comparisons to other Eminem album. But it's definitely a 4mic album. People here are quick to place the album to the extreme. It's either a classic 5/5 or it's extremely trash. 1/5. It isn't either of those. If anything it's a very solid album, better then what's been released in the last 3 years, maybe?

I can see why people are calling it trash because the formula been done a 1000 times. Yet it still works and I can see why people are calling it a classic because the concepts, wordplay, metaphors, similes that is displayed throughout. You just don't get skills like that no more.

Yet in comparison to what Eminem has shown in the past and what he is capable off, this album hasn't improved or equal to what he has done.

MM>SS>ES>Relapse>EN'
 9 years ago '06        #2614
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,976 | Props total: 3524 3524
 HeavenlySword said:
I don't think any one is trying to force you to listen to CD...if you believe the album is trash then so be it...but others feel that your constant attempts to bash the CD (like a few other members) is a clear sign of hate....why waste your time posting your opinions about an album that we feel is solid and/or classic.....your not going to change anyone's views......

Last edited by 01seay; 05-13-2009 at 09:25 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #2615
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4
Still on repeat...with some musiq, chaundon, little brother breaks in between lol
 9 years ago '05        #2616
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26 OP
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
 HeavenlySword said:
not upto Eminem standards.

album feels watered-down and forced.

honestly i only spun it that one time a couple days ago. i wanted to go back to it, but on the real, theres nothing to go back for.

im glad i found my hardrive again so i can bump true classic s**t like MMLP and Eminem radio freestyles from 1998.....

Not sure how its watered down or forced when he raps about being butt f**ked by his uncle and he had a whole verse making fun of someone that is dead and was disabled.
 05-13-2009, 10:06 AM         #2617
HeavenlySword 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Wasted said:

Not sure how its watered down or forced when he raps about being butt f**ked by his uncle and he had a whole verse making fun of someone that is dead and was disabled.
forced?

i mean this isnt the first 2nd or 130th time now.....
 9 years ago '05        #2618
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,979 | Props total: 3247 3247
 Wasted said:

Um..that in itself would be the only reason that somebody would say it's forced. He can't rap about meaningful s**t so he has to make fun of somebody who is dead and talk about being buttf**ked by his uncle.

Not how I personally feel just giving you what his perspective probably is.
 9 years ago '04        #2619
famoussasjohn 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,705 | Props total: 193 193
 slimwillie said:
he can't talk about meaningful s**t?

stan
yellow brick road
toy soldiers
beautiful
mosh
til I collapse
deja vu

yeah you're right :rolleyes: it's called relapse because he reverted to slim shady and this is the s**t shady talks about idiots
werent people complaining that on encore he changed up everything and wanted him back to SSLP/MMLP?
now they are b***hing that its like that now.
cant make people happy but this album is the best of 09 already.
 05-13-2009, 02:00 PM         #2620
ferrari f-50 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
a fifth of rum and 2 bottles of 151, 51 people are schleep in my damn living room

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jump reveals Beerus, Hit and Goku Black as playable characters for Dragon Ball..
38 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy