Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Todd Todd Todd Mcshay first mock.
58 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
77 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Best Track On Relapse
3 AM 11 1.94%
MY MOM 12 2.12%
INSANE 14 2.47%
BAGPIPES FROM BAGHDAD 20 3.53%
HELLO 24 4.23%
SAME SONG AND DANCE 29 5.11%
WE MADE YOU 3 0.53%
MEDICINE BALL 23 4.06%
STAY WIDE AWAKE 63 11.11%
OLD TIME'S SAKE 9 1.59%
MUST BE THE GANJA 13 2.29%
DEJA VU 74 13.05%
BEAUTIFUL 129 22.75%
CRACK A BOTTLE 5 0.88%
UNDERGROUND 138 24.34%
Voters: 567. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '08        #2421
illmatic_kid 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,833 | Props total: 309 309
Thanks for the info Roc..Album was dope....
 05-10-2009, 08:34 AM         #2422
Narcz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Anyone else notice that whenever someone makes a decent argument or tries to challenge MonkTaker's opinion all he ever does is call them retarded and use those lol smilies as a defense mechanism? Talk about a cop out... n*gga can't have a serious post nor discussion for s**t. Who's the real retard here? ...
 9 years ago '05        #2423
jiggaman85 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,866 | Props total: 167 167
Relapse is getting great reviews , this is the first review to hit the net and they gave Relapse 4,5/5 . Even Byron Crawford , who is one of the biggest hater on the net , gave Relapse a positive review .

Relapse Is Musical Rehab
By Johnny Firecloud, May 8th, 2009

Did you take Eminem seriously when Slim Shady first hit? Because I sure as hell didnít- I wrote him off as a novelty act, a violent-hijinks pop-culture clown that deserved roughly as much respect as MC Hammer. That feeling stayed pretty constant over the next decade or so, and I was comfortable keeping it that way- until tonight, when I got my hands on an early copy of his new Relapse album. After hearing the entire 80 minute, 20 song goliath of an album, I have to say that any future discussion of Eminemís prowess and evolution as an artist will take on an entirely new context.

The storyís been well-documented: Back in 2004, Eminem dropped from the face of the music industry, enduring a series of personal setbacks that sent him deeper into solitude and eventually the welcoming, poisonous arms of addiction. Having taken some personal time and inventory, Em drew up a new battle plan, put on his lab coat and went to work with Dr. Dre. The lips were sewn shut. The rumors were rampant, not a damn one of them true- except that some next-level s**t was going down. And now, five years later, weíve got the proof.

Letís put it this way: itís no wonder that 50 Centís going back to the drawing board and Dreís starting to make Axl Rose look trigger-happy. This album is a game-changer for everyone a.ssociated or in competition with the bleach-topped (former?) Dre disciple, and will certainly be remembered as Eminemís finest moment thus far. Hell, album closer Underground slaps the entire rap playbook to the ground in brutal, gravel-voiced, thunderstorm-ridden fashion, all by itself.

But letís back up.

After a typically theatrical/comedic opening, Relapse begins with the songís protagonist on a pill-popping murder spree (3 AM). String bursts and keys lay a dramatic, foreboding tone that sets the stage as Em spits one of his most pedophillically hilarious lines ever in the second verse:

Sitting nud3 in my living room / itís almost noon / I wonder whatís on the tube / maybe theyíll show some b00bs / surfing every channel until I find Hannah Montana / then I reach for the Aloe & Lanolin / Bust all over the wall panel Öand so on. He then moves on to Silence Of The Lambs references and all other kinds of antics, tripping balls, freaking epileptic in the woods and so on. Somehow, what began as a gimmick has become a bona fide art form, and the airtight rhymes that carry on far beyond the initial payoff are a sign of whatís to come- an album where no stone is unturned, no combination of words has escaped forensic scrutiny.

Marshall goes on a Valium rant about his mom (My Mom), grinds jaws into the ground with a seriously f**ked up incest blast (Insane) and slaps around Mariah and Nick Cannon over a Middle-Eastern-laced old-school Dre beat (Bagpipes From Baghdad), but really starts spreading his chameleon wings on Hello. Itís here that he drops a pop-lock flow that, just maybe, intentionally steps to Em derivitave Mickey Avalonís style and backhands him in the face with it.

Skip right over the gruesome r*pe scene that is Tonya, and find yourself sucked immediately into the bass-heavy clap jam Same Song & Dance, tales of a murderous look back on love goneÖ wrong doesnít quite cover it. Weíre not dealing with any new thematic ground here, or throughout much of Relapse, but the lyrical design, flow and production value are far beyond anything weíve heard thus far from Mr. Mathers.

In standard form, he takes aim at the celebrity sideshows of the day with vitriolic wit all over the map, particularly on first single We Made You. Sure, maybe nobodyís talking about Sarah Palin anymore, but bearing in mind that the guyís been off the scene for five years, we should probably be thankful heís not rhyming about Rumsfeld and Anna Nicole Smith. Although it is a little peculiar that thereís more than a couple references to late Superman star Christopher Reeve littered throughout Relapse.

On Paul, Emís manager Paul Rosenberg turns in his stripes in a voicemail after hearing the album: ďÖand then the whole gay step-father incest r*pe s**t? I donít have your back on this one. I canít even f**king handle it. Iím done.Ē

A creepy piano, wet-shot drumming and rising ghostette lay the groundwork for Must Be The Ganja, a tale of paranoia and discombobulation brought on byÖ wait, what were we talking about again?

Old Timesí Sake is the obligatory Dre-dripping jam thatís got the right punch, but oddly serves as a weak link in the album- not quite as skippable as Crack A Bottle, but still a fairly dismissible song despite a tight little hook.

20 tracks into an album, any other artist would likely go out with a feeble skit, a shout-out, a funny little ditty. Marshall didnít take that route. Underground, the final track on Relapse, is quite simply Eminemís Illmatic. Itís far and away the most devastating and innovative rhyme Mathers has ever spit, and carries an entire albumís worth of power in its six minutes and eleven seconds.

While most other MCs talk about what theyíre drankiní and telling tired tales of blazing trees and slugginí 40s, Mathers is riding muted guitar tension with an unrivaled, venomous fervor, spitting lines like The f**kiní antichrist is back, Danny / Itís Satan in black satin panties / This is Amityville, calamity, goddamnit / Insanity pills, fanny pack filled with Xannies / Through every nook & cranny / lookin for tranniesÖ and so on. Twisted s**t, and a hard knee to the groin of political correctness, but with a talent thatís impossible to deny.

By the way- letís try to keep ourselves in check this time, folks. Weíre not talking about the artistic value of Hitlerís paintings. Eminemís a character, telling a story. Keep that in mind at all times, and nobody has to start picketing and passing blame.

Emís gravity comes not only from his flow, but from the fact that underneath the twisted bastard whack-job superstar persona, heís just a guy riding the tide. Tthe slowjam Beautiful is autobiographical, introspective, philosophical and hilarious all at once. The manís soul shines clear through the music, and regardless of how often he says ďf**kĒ or makes meat-suits out of every sacred cow in the book, thatís always going to give him an edge on the groove-hustlers.

The style Eminem experimented with on Encore has been polished, pimped and thrown into 5th gear, and the result? Well, you can check that Asher Roth bulls**t at the door. The real Slim Shady has returned, and thereís no coming back from this Relapse.

Last edited by jiggaman85; 05-10-2009 at 11:41 AM..
 05-10-2009, 10:50 AM         #2424
deejay_emcee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow, i expect this album to be heavily acclaimed.

while the subject matter/topic matter on most track are debatable, the lyrical execution and variety from track to track that eminem displays, that on top of dr. dre's magic behind the boards is something the kind of things that critics/reviewers eat up :applause:
 9 years ago '05        #2425
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,194 | Props total: 11803 11803
He really slurped Eminem up on this review
 9 years ago '07        #2426
adotboogie 
space
space
$1,792 | Props total: 119 119
yea he really downed all of Em's man potion w/ this review, with that said his flow has been somewhat perfected, but I guess since it's been so long since we've seriously heard him, the content on that Relapse is really questionable, joking or not........................
 9 years ago '06        #2427
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
everything else aside...no one can deny his flow s**ts on everyone in the game right now. it's really not even close. glad to see marshall come back to prime-em flow. thats all i really cared about to be honest...as long as the multi's and flow is prime-em...i'm good
 9 years ago '04        #2428
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,257 | Props total: 2708 2708
Sometimes i feel soo aloooone, i just dont knoooow, feels like ive been down this road befoore, so lonely and cold, its like something takes over me as soon as i go home and i close the door, it kinda feels like deja vu i wanna get away from this place i dooo, but i cant and i wont see i try but i know thats i lie cuz i dont and why i just dont knoooowowooo

Last edited by #RAPTORSWON; 05-10-2009 at 11:12 AM..
 05-10-2009, 11:12 AM         #2429
ferrari f-50 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ya'll thought carter 3 changed the game. man wait until relapse hits stores. this album is going to inspire a lot of you rappers on boxden to write whether you want to admit it or not. the more i listen to it the more i'm thinking it might be a classic album... might!! one thing's for sure its the best album this year so far until detox drops.
 05-10-2009, 11:21 AM         #2430
deejay_emcee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i really hopes he: 1. drops Hello as a single, imo song will get alot of spins and 2. sells alot of copies of this one, this is great great music that needs to be heard by the masses!!
 9 years ago '05        #2431
jiggaman85 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,866 | Props total: 167 167
He gave it 4,5/5 rate even if he didn't like Eminem . It's an almost classic rating.
 9 years ago '05        #2432
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
$10,312 | Props total: 868 868
20 tracks into an album, any other artist would likely go out with a feeble skit, a shout-out, a funny little ditty. Marshall didnít take that route. Underground, the final track on Relapse, is quite simply Eminemís Illmatic. Itís far and away the most devastating and innovative rhyme Mathers has ever spit, and carries an entire albumís worth of power in its six minutes and eleven seconds.
:agreement6:
 9 years ago '05        #2433
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
$10,312 | Props total: 868 868
 youngvito18 said:
lmfao@ projected first week sales based on what was shipped.....unless interscope does what defjam does and buy some eminem wont sell half of that

he will sell 550k max.......MAX.....his first week, and i willing to do an avy bet

if anyone thinks eminem will sell more then 550k in america his first week lets bet on avy's
bet on avy's?

please bro

get off the computer nerd bulls**t for a second, "betting avys"? LOL.. if you dont think Em's gonna sell 500k first week your only foolin yourself and a few other kids in this thread whos opinions dont really matter neways

Last edited by BurninLz; 05-10-2009 at 11:43 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #2434
ViN3MoE 
space
space
space
$139 | Props total: 0 0
YO IM A HIP HOP FAN AND I BELIEVE THAT EVERYBODY HAS THEIR OPINIONS SO ITS COOL WHOEVA SAYS THIS ALBUM IS NOT HOT..

2 ME THIS s**t IS DOPE!! THE DR AND EM BACK TOGETHER s**t IS AMAZING HIP HOP NEEDED THIS MAN WORD UP...DEFINETLY A CLASSIC...
 05-10-2009, 11:46 AM         #2435
ferrari f-50 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deejay_emcee said:
i really hopes he: 1. drops Hello as a single, imo song will get alot of spins and 2. sells alot of copies of this one, this is great great music that needs to be heard by the masses!!

hello is my s**t. his flow is impeccable on there. i doubt any songs on here will get a lot of spins. i don't think he planned on this album being commercial or radio friendly. the content on most of the album is graphic and deals with drug abuse, r*pe and incest. this album is strictly for the fans not the money. imo.
 9 years ago '05        #2436
youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,786 | Props total: 4728 4728
"While most other MCs talk about what theyíre drankiní and telling tired tales of blazing trees and slugginí 40s, Mathers is riding muted guitar tension with an unrivaled, venomous fervor, spitting lines"

wow.....sluggin 40's??? if a eminem stan could write a bias review for Relapse.....this would be the prototype.....the dikkriding was blatant and over the top
 9 years ago '08        #2437
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
wtf is up with only sending 700k copies?? i f**king predicted this s**t to sell 2mil +
 9 years ago '04        #2438
rjayasin 
space
space
space
$979 | Props total: 20 20
People are seriously underestimating Medicine Ball - that track is so sick.

Album do not get much doper than this.
 05-10-2009, 12:48 PM         #2439
ferrari f-50 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
did anyone call this number yet? 313-486-5975(pompsom hills)

i was like wtf?
 9 years ago '06        #2440
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,977 | Props total: 3524 3524
 ferrari f-50 said:
did anyone call this number yet? 313-486-5975(pompsom hills)

i was like wtf?
Yea.....its a recording of a lady that tells you to leave a message because their having line trouble.....
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
44 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
129 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
20 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
59 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
103 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
61 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
52 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
114 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy