Top 10 Worst Video Game Movies

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
228 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
105 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
159 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #1
5565 pageviews
92 comments

TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
Top 10 Worst Video Game Movies

House of the Dead (2003)

[pic - click to view]

http://www.youtube.com/wa .. ?v=oaF3dN_fVfY

Uwe Boll is the dark god of bad video game movies.

Since Hollywood has yet to make a good (or even decent) video game movie, that pretty much makes him top dog. Based on a light-gun arcade game—one of those ones in the movie theater lobby where one somehow acts out masculine shoot-em up fantasies while wielding a hot pink pistol—House of the Dead employs a ridiculous premise. Teens in search of a hot island rave ask a smuggler to take them to said rave. Of course, everyone on the island is dead. Because there are zombies.

The thing to know about Boll, who is German, is that he can keep making movies because of a German tax shelter loophole he takes advantage of. By getting his financing from the German government, he is essentially able to write-off most of the film's losses. How a man smart enough to do that can continually make such unintelligible films is in itself a mystery.

Wing Commander (1999)

[pic - click to view]

http://www.youtube.com/wa .. ?v=mAxG4u_rqug

Based on a series of space f!ghter computer games, Wing Commander is a relic of the era when some studio exec thought Freddie Prinze Jr. was a viable star. It was a short-lived era indeed.

Prinze Jr. took over the series' lead role, Lt. Christopher Blair — a character played in computer game cut scenes, by Luke Skywalker himself, Mark Hamill. Alongside him were Saffron Burrows and Matthew Lilard. The only thing less underwhelming than the cast was its Star Wars-lite battle scenes.

In the Name of the King (2007)

[pic - click to view]

http://www.youtube.com/wa .. ?v=sN7bvIx2uYg

"Uwe Boll here again. For the latest in my masterclass on how to single-handedly destroy cinema, I decided to take a not particularly amazing computer game and turn it into a even less amazing movie. Lord of the Rings rip-off you say? Mein Gott, how short-sighted of you. Someone had to do it, didn't they? And who knew Ray Liotta could play camp so well? He's not all tough-guy this, I'm-going-to-kick-your-face-in that."

"Ok, so maybe the movie could have done better at the box office. But you know what they say, you can't lose if you don't play the game."

"That's what they say. Right?"

Hitman (2007)

[pic - click to view]

http://www.youtube.com/wa .. ?v=w-LzUADNNWQ

Remember in the summer of 2007, when you saw Die Hard with a Vengeance and you asked yourself if it was possible for villain Timothy Olyphant to show fewer facial expressions? Then you saw Hitman and you were all like, "Oh, I guess it is possible."

As Agent 47, an a.ssassin betrayed by his former organization, Olyphant plays bald very well which, if you've ever played the Hitman video game — or even just seen the box — you understand is essential to the movie. It's also the film's most illogical part. Whose genius idea was it to create a super-secret organization of bald a.ssassins with bar codes on the back of their heads? That dude's identifiable a mile away!

Doom (2005)

[pic - click to view]

http://www.youtube.com/wa .. ?v=-NjsSrD2uG4

The Doom PC game was a juggernaut when it came out. Following up on the success of the Nazi first-person shooter Wolfenstein 3D, Doom took off like a rocket to a Hell-spawn infested Mars. It remained the standard for first-person shooters—where the player sees everything from the perspective of the game's character—for years.

The film version, starring The Rock, employs a scene shot from this perspective, something that was rarely employed in cinema before The Blair Witch Project's nauseating stretches of handheld camera. In said scene, The Rock's character goes around shooting everything in sight, the barrel of his gun sticking suggestively up from the bottom of the screen. It's like the audience as a whole is playing Doom on a really big screen. Fanboys loved it. The rest of the movie might as well not have even existed.

BloodRayne (2006)

[pic - click to view]

http://www.youtube.com/wa .. ?v=F_dmvG9QM8U

It's an Uwe Boll trifecta! BloodRayne, a film about a half-human, half-vampire (Terminator 3's Kristanna Loken) out to k!ll her father (Ben Kingsley, in one of his "I've already got an Oscar, screw it" performances), this video game adaptation actually makes one feel sorry for Michael Madsen. The man's not made for period pieces outside of grimy '70s cop movies. Neither is Michelle Rodriguez, for that matter. Seriously, where was the casting director on this one?

BloodRayne 2 (yes, they somehow made another) went straight to DVD, though its premise—vampires in the Wild West—is much cooler than this Castlevania ripoff.

Speaking of, when are they going to make a Castlevania movie? We'd be all over that.

Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004)

[pic - click to view]

http://www.youtube.com/wa .. ?v=HAdO0EjgVKg

It says something about the three Resident Evil films (this being the second) that the most frightening property in video games could not produce a single even halfway scary film.

Why pick on Resident Evil: Apocalypse and not one of the other two films? Because, like any sequel, it's an enabler. Like the friend who says, "Sure, I'll have a few brews with my alcoholic pal. Why not?," sequels to bad movies just enable further sequels to be considered. With poorly choreographed f!ght scenes and unapologetically non-frightening zombies, RE: A is B-A-D.

Double Dragon (1994)

[pic - click to view]

http://www.dailymotion.co .. ler_shortfilms

Int. Studio Conference Room. Day.
Exec #1: Two words. Video Games. This stuff is great, guys. We don't have to option some book or something, all we have to do is pay some video game company and we can do WHATEVER we want. This is the way to go.
Exec #2: But what about that Mario Brothers movie? Wasn't that a pile of crap?
Exec #1: It was the first one. The trailblazers always die of dysentery.
Exec #3: So whatta ya got for us then?
Exec #1: Double Dragon. It's a game where two twin brothers kick a.ss. I mean, there's more to it, but that's the basic plot.
Exec #2: Are they Asian? Because, you know, Double Dragon makes it sound Asian, and we can't cast two Asian leads. That's just not going to happen.
Exec #1: Well, their names are Lee. So...
Exec #3: Listen, all we have to do is find one vaguely Asian guy as the second one, and then cast a real lead, and we'll pass them off as half-brothers or something.
Exec #2: Can we get the bad guy from Terminator 2? I really liked him...
Exeunt

Street f!ghter (1994)

[pic - click to view]

http://www.youtube.com/wa .. ?v=TK0ApydEvB0

What a sad thing it was for this movie to be Raul Julia's last screen performance. Julia, who died before Street f!ghter hit movie screens, plays General M. Bison, the villain in the arcade game. Which is fine. The problem with this film is ostensibly the problem with any video game adaptation—the desire to please video game fans at the expense of narrative cohesiveness, character development, or visual beauty. It's the reason there hasn't been a single good video game movie yet.

Street f!ghter, based on the f!ght-em-up coin-op, tries to use as many of the game's characters as possible, resulting in a mish-mash of nonsensical combat scenes. And, in a moment reminiscent (in a bad, probably not even purposely referential way) of Carrie, Raul Julia's fist smashes through a pile of rubble after he has been well defeated. Sequel!

Or not.

Super Mario Bros. (1993)

[pic - click to view]

http://www.youtube.com/wa .. ?v=wtMZKYnLg5c

Several of those involved consider this to be the single worst "creative" project they've ever worked on.

A Colombian (John Leguizamo) and a Brit (Bob Hoskins) play two Italian plumbers from Brooklyn. Dennis Hopper plays a half-lizard, half-man, which actually is only slightly different from the roles he usually plays. At one point, Hopper uses the Super Scope, an actual Nintendo game console peripheral, as a weapon. There's so much wrong with this movie that The Wizard — which features a Rainman-like child savant trying to make his way to California to play Super Mario Bros. 3 — is actually the superior Super Mario Bros. movie.

The first video game movie, and possibly the worst.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.time.com/time/ .. 851846,00.html

Kind of an old article came out around the time Max Payne did...

92 comments for "Top 10 Worst Video Game Movies"

04-24-2009, 12:58 PM         #2
Es0_puka 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Super Mario definitely deserves to be there

but how could they miss out 'Alone in the dark' that s**t was trash

the third resident evil was by far the worst and cheap as f**k

doom wasn't that bad for what it was worth - alone in the dark should have taken it's place

as for streetf!ghter - no comment

they should have made an animated sonic film... cgi and s**t
 9 years ago '07        #3
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,191 | Props total: 15005 15005
I liked Doom
 9 years ago '05        #4
WestbankThugBoy 23 heat pts23
space
space
$13,467 | Props total: 2817 2817
i liked super mario and street f!ghter
Posted via Mobile Device
 9 years ago '05        #5
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,965 | Props total: 3223 3223
I thought Hitman was alright.
 9 years ago '05        #6
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
$14,037 | Props total: 127 127
 WestbankThugBoy said:
i liked super mario and street f!ghter
Posted via Mobile Device
that has to be due to nostalgia reasons...cuz those movies are a.ss
 9 years ago '07        #7
dionedre3000 
space
space
$8,971 | Props total: 791 791
Doom wasn't that bad. Hitman was off at times but it wasn't too bad. I liked Wing Commander too.
 9 years ago '06        #8
Triple0 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,890 | Props total: 460 460
those all suck except mario bros. mario bros is my s**t.
 9 years ago '08        #9
Nut-In-Honeys 10 heat pts10
space
space
$6,025 | Props total: 5810 5810
i liked the second resident evil. i though mike epps was funny as f**k in that movie with his gold pistols

skip to :25

too bad that they cut the part out where he wrecked his car from staring at the t*tties of some zombie strippers :angry12:

Last edited by Nut-In-Honeys; 04-24-2009 at 03:13 PM..
 04-24-2009, 03:21 PM         #10
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I actually liked Resident Evil, but everyone I know hates it lol. I guess it's because I was never big on the games so I didn't mind them butchering it.
 04-24-2009, 03:25 PM         #11
baddest chick 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Super Mario Bros movie was the best, what they talking about
 9 years ago '06        #12
edouble2k6 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,529 | Props total: 190 190
Was about to be heated if someone mentioned the first Mortal Kombat movie!
 9 years ago '08        #13
Ven0m 12 heat pts12
space
space
$3,948 | Props total: 979 979
Hitman was a good movie & video game. hate gaven.
 04-25-2009, 05:48 AM         #14
Es0_puka 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 edouble2k6 said:
Was about to be heated if someone mentioned the first Mortal Kombat movie!
more entertaining than the s**tty game i'll give it that
 9 years ago '05        #15
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,163 | Props total: 957 957
I like doom, it was iight...
 04-26-2009, 08:01 AM         #16
WMYakballzWM 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i loved hitman, i loved when he says to that guy "She just saved your life." best part of the movie right there.

movie was great, so stop hating

also all the RE movies to me were good.

DOOM deff sucked a.ss.
 9 years ago '05        #17
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7083 7083
Resident Evil 1 is a very solid movie with very good production. So scratch them saying there hasnt been a good video game movie yet.

But as for the list, I tend to agree, although like someone in this thread said, RE: 3 is way worse then RE: 2.

Doom wasnt terrible or anything, just not a very good movie. I didnt hate it, but i'll probably never in my life watch it again.

And I liked the mario brothers movie as a kid, but i'm positive if I watched it now it'd be awful. That was like 15 years ago when I saw that s**t.
 9 years ago '05        #18
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7083 7083
By the way, hopefully Gears of War and Halo movies break this barrier.
 9 years ago '04        #19
GoSensGo 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,817 | Props total: 449 449
Yeah I think Hitman actually exceeded peoples' expectations.. It was a pretty decent flick.
 9 years ago '06        #20
BigPervy 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,920 | Props total: 29 29
 thehogue... said:
Double Dragon (1994)

Int. Studio Conference Room. Day.
Exec #1: Two words. Video Games. This stuff is great, guys. We don't have to option some book or something, all we have to do is pay some video game company and we can do WHATEVER we want. This is the way to go.
Exec #2: But what about that Mario Brothers movie? Wasn't that a pile of crap?
Exec #1: It was the first one. The trailblazers always die of dysentery.
Exec #3: So whatta ya got for us then?
Exec #1: Double Dragon. It's a game where two twin brothers kick a.ss. I mean, there's more to it, but that's the basic plot.
Exec #2: Are they Asian? Because, you know, Double Dragon makes it sound Asian, and we can't cast two Asian leads. That's just not going to happen.
Exec #1: Well, their names are Lee. So...
Exec #3: Listen, all we have to do is find one vaguely Asian guy as the second one, and then cast a real lead, and we'll pass them off as half-brothers or something.
Exec #2: Can we get the bad guy from Terminator 2? I really liked him...
Exeunt

Street f!ghter (1994)

What a sad thing it was for this movie to be Raul Julia's last screen performance. Julia, who died before Street f!ghter hit movie screens, plays General M. Bison, the villain in the arcade game. Which is fine. The problem with this film is ostensibly the problem with any video game adaptation—the desire to please video game fans at the expense of narrative cohesiveness, character development, or visual beauty. It's the reason there hasn't been a single good video game movie yet.

Street f!ghter, based on the f!ght-em-up coin-op, tries to use as many of the game's characters as possible, resulting in a mish-mash of nonsensical combat scenes. And, in a moment reminiscent (in a bad, probably not even purposely referential way) of Carrie, Raul Julia's fist smashes through a pile of rubble after he has been well defeated. Sequel!

Or not.

Super Mario Bros. (1993)

Several of those involved consider this to be the single worst "creative" project they've ever worked on.

A Colombian (John Leguizamo) and a Brit (Bob Hoskins) play two Italian plumbers from Brooklyn. Dennis Hopper plays a half-lizard, half-man, which actually is only slightly different from the roles he usually plays. At one point, Hopper uses the Super Scope, an actual Nintendo game console peripheral, as a weapon. There's so much wrong with this movie that The Wizard — which features a Rainman-like child savant trying to make his way to California to play Super Mario Bros. 3 — is actually the superior Super Mario Bros. movie.

The first video game movie, and possibly the worst.

Kind of an old article came out around the time Max Payne did...

I was in tears laughing so hard and the Double Dragon description. But those three have to be the worst of the worst when it comes to game movies. I didn't agree with Hitman or Resident evil either. I thought those two movies were good movies.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
57 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
18 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
17 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
30 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
101 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Report: Rival executives believe Rockets are legitimate threat to sign LeB..
64 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy