most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Boxdens Dream Girl
8 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shawty Lo at wake
103 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '04        #41
rjayasin 
space
space
space
$972 | Props total: 0 0
22 - Sri Lankan/Jamaican.

I think your point it failing based on the results so far. You can't deny that eminem's lyrical skill is phenomenal. Whether you like what he raps about is a different matter but to claim that his rap is not "real rap" is ludicrous. Who is to define what "real rap" is anyway....does everyone have to rhyme about the ghetto to qualify as a real rapper? I hope not because sh*t would get boring real quick....
 12 years ago '04        #42
Jigga0o7 
space
space
$6,880 | Props total: 0 0
 rjayasin said:

I think your point it failing based on the results so far. You can't deny that eminem's lyrical skill is phenomenal. Whether you like what he raps about is a different matter but to claim that his rap is not "real rap" is ludicrous. Who is to define what "real rap" is anyway....does everyone have to rhyme about the ghetto to qualify as a real rapper? I hope not because sh*t would get boring real quick....
Props for u sir.
 12 years ago '04        #43
D.A.R.S. 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,437 | Props total: 356 356
 Jigga0o7 said:
Props for u sir.
agreed

I just don't really get the whole point of this still....it seems like it's been like 4-5 different issues so far lol
 12 years ago '04        #44
Skilllz 
space
space
$6,714 | Props total: 391 391
He just wants to prove that Eminem appeals more to the white audience than black audience, therefore proving in his own mind his theory that white people like Em more than black people.

Last edited by Skilllz; 12-05-2004 at 06:27 PM..
 12 years ago '04        #45
mprnc2000 15 heat pts15
space
space
$5,597 | Props total: 447 447
 rjayasin said:

i never use the word real rap applying it to eminem. so stop a.ssuming that's how i feel cause alot of other feel that one. Rap applys to every one who choose to rap. Eminem is not a good rapper to me and it's not base on his skin. It's base on his content
 12 years ago '04        #46
persuazion 1 heat pts
space
space
$15,612 | Props total: 584 584
25 WHITE....I can relate to some content like hating a bi*ch...being white and into hip hop....but not to some....cuz I love my moms..and I aint got any kids ..I just like his flow and he say some funny sh*t like letting my nuts hang like im doing nekkid push ups....you aint gotta be going through everything the man go through to like him...thats what rap is...somebody bringin you into they world....I dont wanna hear about how many kilos a rapper has sold and how big his rims are everyday...everynow and then its ok...but its good to have something you know will be different...I like songs like "renegade"...and "dont approach me"with Xzibit......hate songs like "just lose it"...I got 45 year old black women at work tellin me they feelin Mosh...so I know age and race aint got nuthin to do with if you like Em or not....
 12 years ago '04        #47
slipnslide85 85 heat pts85
space
space
$6,779 | Props total: 1012 1012
17-black

i like the good stuff from eminem, like infinite to toy soldiers

not that my band and puke sh*t
 12 years ago '04        #48
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
$14,193 | Props total: 64 64
25 WHITE....I can relate to some content like hating a bi*ch...being white and into hip hop....but not to some....cuz I love my moms..and I aint got any kids ..I just like his flow and he say some funny sh*t like letting my nuts hang like im doing nekkid push ups....you aint gotta be going through everything the man go through to like him...thats what rap is...somebody bringin you into they world....I dont wanna hear about how many kilos a rapper has sold and how big his rims are everyday...everynow and then its ok...but its good to have something you know will be different...I like songs like "renegade"...and "dont approach me"with Xzibit......hate songs like "just lose it"...I got 45 year old black women at work tellin me they feelin Mosh...so I know age and race aint got nuthin to do with if you like Em or not....
TRUE sh*t man. rims & money is getting boring. i like to hear the story songs like "Mockingbird" and "Toy Soldiers". He's bringing different stuff to the table? Whats wrong with that? this fool who hating on eminem cuz hes white, probably wishes he was eminem. actually its BENZINO. mprnc2000 is BENZINO.
 12 years ago '04        #49
Kiss The Stick 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,298 | Props total: 7 7
17, black
 12 years ago '04        #50
rjayasin 
space
space
space
 mprnc2000 said:
i never use the word real rap applying it to eminem. so stop a.ssuming that's how i feel cause alot of other feel that one. Rap applys to every one who choose to rap. Eminem is not a good rapper to me and it's not base on his skin. It's base on his content
It is nonsensical for you to claim that eminem is not a good rapper based on his content. I would completely accept the fact that you do not like eminem because of his content and that is completely fine. Any artform is a purely subjective medium and whether you like someone or not is based on your own background, your experiences, your likes and dislikes. But as far as being a "good rapper", its difficult to deny whether or not someone has skills. Em has skills.

And before you say it - yes, of course content contributes to someone being a "good rapper" too. I prefer a song like "Toy Soldiers" to a song like "Rainman" because i prefer serious sh*t - that doesnt take away from the fact that he displays lyrical versatility on both tracks. For you to make the wholesale statement that eminem is not a good rapper based purely on the fact that you don't relate to his content is just silly.

Man, the number of eminem threads is becoming insane. At the very least, he has people addressing the race issue. For that alone, he brings something very important to the table, in the same way that Tiger Woods forced rich, white guys to accept diversity in a sport that was never considered suitable to ethnic minorities....

K, i'm done.
Peace
 12 years ago '04        #51
SLAYAR 
space
space
$6,334 | Props total: 0 0
21, white.

certain people need to quit worrying about eminem's skin color and evaluate him solely based on the criteria on which you evaluate all other rappers (i.e., not based upon the color of their skin).

he's the greatest rapper ever when he wants to be. he hasnt wanted to be in a couple years or so, and there are tons of other great rappers out there. but based in my own personal opinion, he's bar none the best thats ever done it, when he wants to be (i.e., everything up until 50 signed with him)
 12 years ago '04        #52
hewsdaddy 
space
space
$7,274 | Props total: 1 1
i think mrnpec needs to state white hes saying when he says 'the majority of ems fan are white"

if thats based on record sales? then so would people like 2pac, nas, biggie, jay-z.
the majority of htier fans would be white too based on % of record sales
 12 years ago '04        #53
mprnc2000 15 heat pts15
space
space
Eminem not better then Dead Prez, The Wu(except ODB) or AZ. All rappers display major skillz all around the table. Now using shock value to sell records and not catering to a certain core of audience. They're making music that comes from the heart and not concern with record sells. They all dont rap about big rims, icy chains and how much drugs they sold. All the content they rap about has meaning and has to do with reality. I'm done with debating people over this matter cause it's a waste of time. If blacks not willing to stand up and f!ght for freedom. What makes me believe they would stand up for rap music
 12 years ago '04        #54
mprnc2000 15 heat pts15
space
space
 hewsdaddy said:
i think mrnpec needs to state white hes saying when he says 'the majority of ems fan are white"

if thats based on record sales? then so would people like 2pac, nas, biggie, jay-z.
the majority of htier fans would be white too based on % of record sales
Eminem core fans are white. 2pac core fans are black. I brought eminem first album. I'm not consider his core fan. I brought 2pac All eyez on me and 7th Day Theory album. I dont even like 2pac that much. But if you have good music then i'm going to listen to it no matter what cause it's nothing i can do about it. I like a few songs by eminem. But overall in the big scheme of things i believe he's fu*king hip hop up.
 12 years ago '04        #55
SLAYAR 
space
space
^ i believe that when all is said and done, 2pac and eminem are the only two rappers that people will remember. and, as crazy as it sounds, i believe this is as it should be, as they're both prolly, when u put everything together, the best that have ever done it (i have rappers that i like more than pac, but... i dont wanna get into it... he's just got SO much sh*t, its nuts, plus obviously the sh*t he just did for hip hop in general and black people in general, etc.)
 12-05-2004, 09:10 PM         #56
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he's the greatest rapper ever when he wants to be

It is nonsensical for you to claim that eminem is not a good rapper based on his content. I

TRUE sh*t man. rims & money is getting boring. i like to hear the story songs like "Mockingbird" and "Toy Soldiers". He's bringing different stuff to the table?

Race and age should have nothing to do with it. It's part of the society today that being black gives you an automatic advantage over another race.

WTF......lmao

let me ask you this......what exactly has em ever said or wrote that makes him the best? Over all the cats in history, RAKIM, KRS-1, Slick Rick,Common,Kool G Rap, or even biggie and pac. just to name a few......all people who are excellent lyricist and whose rhymes all have meaning. Even when they dropped sh*t for the radio it was real spitting? Cats who talk about rims and ice, and they money and pimping ThATS bullsh*t too, and your not afraid to call that what it is.....but when it comes to this guy....his can be over looked cause its not on the same subject these cats is talking about.....but its bullsh*t never the less.........maybe its just me but for the praise yall giving this cat Im expecting him to be releasing amazing sh*t every album he comes out with.......but 90 percent of his music is garbage......yeah he gets personal but cats been doing that...talking about thier lives.....but since his life is so unusual what he talks about matters more? Cats been talking bout thier baby moms and thier mothers doing them wrong.......but since him sheds his tears on a video he feels it more?.....Aint nothing special about eminem except his skin color.....yall can play that non racial act and pretend like commerical hiphop of all thing is about the music.....but fact stands 85 percent of commerical music is brought by white people.......which is why commerical hiphop attempt to appeal to white people.......yall putting this bullsh*t.....eminem on trl with my band, chingy on 106 and park singing Im a baller.....thats bullsh*t.......yall can hate on the songs about the rims and bling and call that commerical cause it oversaturated.......but with em being commericial and dropping even dumber sh*t then these songs can be over looked and praised for being different....so you tell me

It's part of the society today that being black gives you an automatic advantage over another race.........

^^^^^^^^^^^n*gga please

Last edited by Dos-effect; 12-05-2004 at 09:19 PM..
 12 years ago '04        #57
SLAYAR 
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
....so you tell me

aite i'm telling u...

...eminem doesnt give a fu*k anymore, the guy has so much money that he doesnt know what to do with it, when he's barely 7 years removed from tryna commit suicide... he has millions of people worshiping his every step, so what motivation does he have to put out good music anymore?

virtually EVERYthing he put out, all the way until the 8 mile soundtrack, was crazy and amazing sh*t.

'like toy soldiers' is a good song but its not even one of his top 30 songs.

i can literally list 100 songs that he has rapped on, which are undeniably good. i dont really have the desire to do this right now, but if i wanted to i could.

just as i'm sure u can list 100's of songs from ur older-school rappers that are undeniably good.

there will always be sh*t that is UNDENIABLY good.

peep immortal technique, 'you never know'... UNDENIABLY good

SO, what WE should prolly be doin, instead of bi*chin at each other over dumb white-vs-black sh*t, is listing 'undeniably good' sh*t for each other to listen to, in order to open our eyes and expand our horizons.

throw everything em's made in the past 2 years out the window.

listen to 'rock bottom', first verse, sh*t is simply undeniably good, u can FEEL the poverty thru his lyrics....

...(ur turn, but im not about to sit around here and wait for u to reply, i'ma check this thread out later and prolly read some more racial sh*t from mrmpnc200 or whatever his name is)

peace..
 12 years ago '04        #58
rjayasin 
space
space
space
there will always be sh*t that is UNDENIABLY good.

peep immortal technique, 'you never know'... UNDENIABLY good

SO, what WE should prolly be doin, instead of bi*chin at each other over dumb white-vs-black sh*t, is listing 'undeniably good' sh*t for each other to listen to, in order to open our eyes and expand our horizons.

Finally. Somebody gets the point. Well said....
 12-05-2004, 09:35 PM         #59
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dog Ive been listening to the cat till up about 2 years ago.......its not like since em is white Ive never supported his music........I just got tired of dumb a.ss white people telling me the dude is the best ever or he is representing hiphop more then say common or mos def.............I mean his music use to speak for itsself and I could admit he was nice....but lately I cant even admit that much....but Its people on his nuts harder then ever....which in turn lets me know that alot of his followers are not about they lyrics but about the hype.........if you say you like hiphop then keep it real and stop supporting this bulslhit music....all of it

Last edited by Dos-effect; 12-05-2004 at 09:39 PM..
 12 years ago '04        #60
atlcrunkshawty 
space
space
space
$301 | Props total: 0 0
it dont matter wat age or race u r...truth is more than half of people who buy rap cds are white...damn guess that means most the ppl who bought 2pac cds were white... so if only white ppl buy eminem cds(im not sayin thats where u r goin wit this thread, just a general comment)...i guess only white ppl buy 2pac cds haha jk i dunno im fu*ked up forget it
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Major key galore
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX Detectives!!! Come Praise the Lord
40 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sep 29 - The List of Clinton Associates Who’ve Died Mysteriously.
238 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA Bobby Simmons testifying against one of Chicago's Most Feared Gangs
229 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Philly rapper Quilly gets chain snatched at Mcdonalds
126 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside sarah macdonald
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Luke Cage's Opening Credits Are Just as Awesome as You Thought They'd Be
37 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA KD & Klay - Shoot till you miss
161 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy