Matt Kemp: budding superstar

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
145 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #101
SHootar 48 heat pts48 OP
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
LOL do you really equate RZR as your measure who has the best range in the outfield?? i don't use outfield stats because aside from the concrete stats like fielding % and outfield a.ssists that are actually quantitative...those outfield stats are bogus. they don't even take into account WHERE the outfielder was on the field when the ball was hit.

just watch baseball you herb. is jacoby ellsbury's range REALLY 20th amoung CFs?? haha. gtfoh.

i asked u a simple question and u still haven't answered it.

do you think upton as a hitter is better than kemp more than kemp is better than upton as a fielder.

upton's fielding % is god awful. he's also hidden in RF...don't tell me you think playing RF is as tough as playing CF...

kemp and upton are extremely close as hitters. kemp is more clutch and better with runners in scoring position...and thus drives in more runs. other than that upton basically has a little more power, less speed, and gets on base at a bit of a higher clip. like i said it's close.

but ur only lying to urself if u think the difference defensively is as close as it is with their bats. u know it. i know it. u came in hating and u didn't expect to be called out on it. u were wrong. it's whatever move on.
 8 years ago '06        #102
SHootar 48 heat pts48 OP
space
space
 TimeIsMoney said:
SHootar like bottom 30 in his NFL pick-em league.
why do u have the same avy as the f**got i'm arguing with....what do u know f**gots think alike huh. how cute it is for u to come to his defense in this thread too :hang:

and 18th out of 50 isn't bottom 30...math101...shoulda stayed in school. btw if thats u who just joined u need to have ur bx name or ur deleted. bye. one more time and u won't be allowed in either.

Last edited by SHootar; 09-25-2009 at 08:31 PM..
 09-25-2009, 08:46 PM         #103
TimeIsMoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gattsau said:
dont compare me to that f**got, he only roots for teams when tehy do good hes a fake fan
Or maybe because they won me the most money last week
 8 years ago '06        #104
Rique 58 heat pts58
space
space
$40,438 | Props total: 17839 17839
lol what are you smoking Kemp isnt better than Justin Upton
 8 years ago '06        #105
SHootar 48 heat pts48 OP
space
space
 Gattsau said:
thats ur argument ...

thinkin those stats r bogus and u quote fpct

more clutch? thats y upton hits better in late and close situations ..

hes hit better with risp but also gets wayyyy more oppunties and has more protection in the lineup so he sees better pitches...

uve yet to prove that kemps defense outweighs uptons offense. u havent brought 1 good fielding stat into play
yes cuz fielding % and costing your team runs with errors means NOTHING to you! lol

so kemp being protected by the pitcher for half the season is better than reynolds for a full season??

u fail so much

i honestly can't get past you being a supposed baseball fan though and comparing upton's defense to kemps. i really can't. that's pretty telling in itself. u clearly don't watch much baseball outside of your mets.
 8 years ago '06        #106
SHootar 48 heat pts48 OP
space
space
if u think zone factor means d*ck your dumber than i thought....

the defensive stats you swear by that show you a fielders range etc are heavily flawed.

watching is the best tool for evaluating how good a player is defensively. like i said u really believe jacoby is amoung the leagues bottom 10 in range?? do you??

upton is a freak of an athlete...but thats been one of the knocks on him thus far...his fielding. meanwhile kemp will be in the gold glove talks at the end of the season. upton HAS made great strides from last year in the field when he was god awful.
 8 years ago '06        #107
SHootar 48 heat pts48 OP
space
space
 Gattsau said:
@ u talkin about riding anyones d*ck...kemp isn't even top 3 in cf defense so stop with the priemere defender, look up stats that actually matter than get back to me..
tihs is funny to look back on

just watch baseball kid...stats will only get you so far. you have much to learn.
 8 years ago '06        #108
SHootar 48 heat pts48 OP
space
space
 SHootar said:
yeah i didn't think u could answer it.

u came in here tryna hate and got called out on it....take the loss as usual.

upton has a chance at greatness and a chance to become better than kemp...but at this stage right NOW...no one with any baseball knowledge would suggest upton is better than kemp right NOW. sorry. kemp might even get a gold glove this year...upton is nowhere NEAR kemp in the field. and they are very similar at the plate. kemp is clearly the better ball player.

**waits for irrelvant counter point and further avoiding the question i posed**
 8 years ago '06        #109
SHootar 48 heat pts48 OP
space
space
 Gattsau said:

but im not saying kemps wack or that uptons light years better. however you've yet to come with anything but your own personal biased and u claim in riding uptons d*ck which is laughable. how many times have i even made a thread on j up? been awhile uve been d*ckriding kemp nonstop for yrs

so i guess kemp winning a gold glove pretty much gives u a big fat L in this argument. u tried to claim i was d*ckryding him and that i've given u nothing but my d*ckryding opinion...well it looks like mlb gave him a gold glove to back up my "biased opinions" lol.

thanks for coming out. again tho...quit being a stat wh0ore and WATCH games. u can't judge defense without WATCHING games.
 8 years ago '07        #110
Jace Luv 
space
space
$722 | Props total: 6 6
 SHootar said:

so i guess kemp winning a gold glove pretty much gives u a big fat L in this argument. u tried to claim i was d*ckryding him and that i've given u nothing but my d*ckryding opinion...well it looks like mlb gave him a gold glove to back up my "biased opinions" lol.

thanks for coming out. again tho...quit being a stat wh0ore and WATCH games. u can't judge defense without WATCHING games.

Fun Fact: Matt won a Gold Glove award in 2009 for his good hands....

Read more:

[pic - click to view]

02-26-2010, 06:49 AM         #111
IAmazeMyself 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn, icedout got s**tted on.......... again.
 8 years ago '06        #112
SHootar 48 heat pts48 OP
space
space
how did i KNOW u were gonna come in and just completely discredit his gold glove though? *sigh*

the fact is simple. u went pretty strong at me for calling him one of the elite centre fielders in this game. going as far as calling my opinions biased and that i d*ckryde him without concrete stats. yet apparently all the voters agreed with me that he's one of the best defensive centre fielders in the majors. just give it up already fam. i predicted he'd turn into a superstar, i predicted 25/30 for this year, i predicted a gold glove...they all happened. just sit down and take the L gracefully. upton will have his time...he's one of my favourite players. upton ain't in the same league defensively (YET) and kemp and upton are very similar at the plate. you need to concede that fact, this has only got worse and worse for you and right now i have a LOT more support for my statements (mlb voting) then your stupid statwh0ore meaningless stats.

i can't actually even believe you consider yourself a diehard baseball fan and think you can measure defensive ability with stats. it's ridiculous.
 8 years ago '06        #113
Rique 58 heat pts58
space
space
$40,438 | Props total: 17839 17839
Isn't upton a RF? Kemp is CF
 8 years ago '06        #114
SHootar 48 heat pts48 OP
space
space

dude just straight up refuses to accept the L's he's handed. it's cool. anyone with any baseball knowledge knows what went down here :hang: :beat:
 8 years ago '06        #115
SHootar 48 heat pts48 OP
space
space
@ stat geeks.

its funny u actually believe DEFENSIVE STATS mean anything. like i said...watch baseball. put down the stats.

kemp is twice the fielder upton is. they're both similar hitters. the end.

if u wanna talk CEILINGS...sure i can buy an argument that upton can win. but we're talking about right NOW. so no.
 8 years ago '07        #116
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
n*ggas really didnt know about kemp
 8 years ago '06        #117
SHootar 48 heat pts48 OP
space
space
 KrayLay said:
He isn't that good of a outfielder. Solid, but not Sizemore/Upton/Jones/Gomez good.

It's really hard to tell how he's going to pan out. Keep in mind he has only played one full season, it's a stretch to predict that he could be a top 10 player in the future. I do know that he probably won't ever be as good as Sizemore
i wonder if kraylay is almost ready to admit he was wrong on kemp.

if he's not ready yet, i'll give him some time. sooner or later tho he will reside with icedout in the losers lounge
 8 years ago '08        #118
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,726 | Props total: 11619 11619
Upton is going to have a monster year :dancingcool:

Dbacks are the NL sleeper
 8 years ago '10        #119
trill jackson 737 heat pts737
space
space
$18,811 | Props total: 13071 13071
there are very few players capable of a 40hr 40 sb season kemp is one of them
 8 years ago '06        #120
SHootar 48 heat pts48 OP
space
space
 Main Event said:
Upton is going to have a monster year :dancingcool:

Dbacks are the NL sleeper
agreed. like what they did in the offseason getting laroche and kelly johnson. also conor healthy, to add to the current pieces like reynolds...decent protection for JUP.

if he can stay healthy all year he'll put up a big year no doubt.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
4 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy