Matt Kemp: budding superstar

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
230 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
108 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
162 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-20-2009, 10:15 PM         #61
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SHootar said:
ok u wanna play the OBP game?

add these to the ever expanding list of hitters better than sizemore:

dunn
quentin
markakis
jd drew
hawpe
magglio
jack cust

i'm gonna stop cuz u see how hilarious this can get???

sizemore is just another jack cust...only inferior by your morals. a guy who won't hit for great average, but get on base at a great clip and hit 30 bombs.

jack cust >>>> sizemore

how you gonna deny that with your philosophy??? uh-oh.
Stop grasping for straws. I never OBP was the only stat that mattered. I said it mattered a lot and more than batting average.

He is better than Cust. He hits for a higher average, and steals a lot more bases at a better clip. Same goes for Dunn.

Drew is never healthy.

Hawpe is close but isn't the stolen base threat that Sizemore is.

Markakis is also close, but Sizemore has more power, and steals more bases.

I don't see the similarities with Magglio. 2007 was a fluke year.

Quiten was great last year, but it was only one year. If he can continue to play like he did last year for years to come, which is quite possible, he'll be a better hitter than Sizemore, and most players in baseball.
 9 years ago '06        #62
SHootar 48 heat pts48 OP
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
...we weren't talking about steals...i was talking about at the plate and have mentioned this a few times. obv if u add in steals it's different. but i'm talking about hitting. theres a LEGIT case that he's not a top 20-25 hitter in the league...theres no cases where he'll be in the top 10 or even 15.

all those hitters i mentioned when healthy...should be better hitters than sizemore with the only exception of maybe markakis...since u don't want to give credit to guys that don't hit for power.

bottom line is this boss. any way you slice it. if you want to give a lot more value to OBP...than theres a large enough list 20 deep that have better OBPs and hit for power as well. if you don't want to do that theres the same amount that hit for power with better averages. this isn't even counting the players like kemp that i think are better hitters but don't have the track record to compete. lets stop overating sizemore. the guy is a great a.sset to a team, especially given his defense. but hitting wise he's nothing that special. u can get guys that hit better than him in bunches. what makes him special is defense and speed.
 04-20-2009, 10:39 PM         #63
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[QUOTE=SHootar;13685552]..
.we weren't talking about steals...i was talking about at the plate and have mentioned this a few times. obv if u add in steals it's different. but i'm talking about hitting. theres a LEGIT case that he's not a top 20-25 hitter in the league...theres no cases where he'll be in the top 10 or even 15.
I'm talking about offense.

all those hitters i mentioned when healthy...should be better hitters than sizemore with the only exception of maybe markakis...since u don't want to give credit to guys that don't hit for power.
No they're not.....

bottom line is this boss. any way you slice it. if you want to give a lot more value to OBP...than theres a large enough list 20 deep that have better OBPs and hit for power as well. if you don't want to do that theres the same amount that hit for power with better averages. this isn't even counting the players like kemp that i think are better hitters but don't have the track record to compete. lets stop overating sizemore. the guy is a great a.sset to a team, especially given his defense. but hitting wise he's nothing that special. u can get guys that hit better than him in bunches. what makes him special is defense and speed.
Honestly, I don't even use OBP or OPS when evaluating offense. I just throw them around on this board because people have heard of them. I use linear weights. Here is an explanation of what they are

Thats the best metric to use when evaluating a players offense. If you don't believe me I can give you objective proof. Unless that is, you're still stuck on RBI.
 9 years ago '05        #64
MATIX 
space
space
$7,986 | Props total: 66 66
lol jack cust sucks.
 9 years ago '06        #65
SHootar 48 heat pts48 OP
space
space
 KrayLay said:

I'm talking about offense.

No they're not.....

Honestly, I don't even use OBP or OPS when evaluating offense. I just throw them around on this board because people have heard of them. I use linear weights. Here is an explanation of what they are

Thats the best metric to use when evaluating a players offense. If you don't believe me I can give you objective proof. Unless that is, you're still stuck on RBI.

well i was talking about as a hitter...hence i said sizemore isn't even among the top 25 HITTERS. if you went off on your own side argument i can't help you there.

i've never heard of that stuff, but will take a look at it when I got time.

i've never been on any rbi tangent. i was only using it as an example to say why it's so obvious that BA should be weighted or valued more than OBP if all else is equal. i'm not saying it should be weighted a LOT more. I am a preacher of OBP and even refuse to use BA in any fantasy leagues and use OBP. but at the same time i realize if two OBPs are within the same ballpark, then i'm gonna take the guy who can make contact or hit more line drives, etc than the guy who won't do that for you at nearly the same rate.
 9 years ago '06        #66
SHootar 48 heat pts48 OP
space
space
 MATIX said:
lol jack cust sucks.
he doesn't suck he gets on base as good as anyone. stop chipping in with your useless comments and go check your fantasy team.
 04-21-2009, 07:47 AM         #67
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SHootar said:
well i was talking about as a hitter...hence i said sizemore isn't even among the top 25 HITTERS. if you went off on your own side argument i can't help you there.

i've never heard of that stuff, but will take a look at it when I got time.

i've never been on any rbi tangent. i was only using it as an example to say why it's so obvious that BA should be weighted or valued more than OBP if all else is equal. i'm not saying it should be weighted a LOT more. I am a preacher of OBP and even refuse to use BA in any fantasy leagues and use OBP. but at the same time i realize if two OBPs are within the same ballpark, then i'm gonna take the guy who can make contact or hit more line drives, etc than the guy who won't do that for you at nearly the same rate.
Well, I apologize for not being more specific, He is one of the 12 or so best offensive players in the game.

BA, should not be waited more than OBP. I really don't know how I can explain it to you. What should be weighted more? Justs hits, or hits+walks?

If two OBPs are in even, then you look at SLG, if those are even, then look at BA.
 04-21-2009, 07:48 AM         #68
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MATIX said:
lol jack cust sucks.
Not offensively.
 9 years ago '06        #69
Rique 58 heat pts58
space
space
$40,446 | Props total: 17851 17851
He isn't a top 10 hitter but he is top 10 offensively. Its like a basketball player not having a good shot he still fills all the offensive categories
 9 years ago '07        #70
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
gonna be a good player, especially with Manny in the lineup. ethier isnt bad either, but Kemp could be an all star soon I think.
 04-21-2009, 10:00 AM         #71
Gatts 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ thinking Dunn and Cust>>>Grady

only on BX.
 9 years ago '05        #72
MATIX 
space
space
$7,986 | Props total: 66 66
 SHootar said:
he doesn't suck he gets on base as good as anyone. stop chipping in with your useless comments and go check your fantasy team.
*yawn* first place :offtopic::war:
 04-21-2009, 08:36 PM         #73
Iverson The God 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SHootar said:
1. i've been a fan of kemp since he came up with the dodgers in 06. been on my money league keeper team since 07 :)

2. i'm not late he's not a superstar yet. this season will be that year tho. he still doesn't get no love...even from his own f**king manager, f**k torre.

lies....
 9 years ago '06        #74
SHootar 48 heat pts48 OP
space
space
 Iverson The God said:
lies....
i don't see iverson in my thread title....keep your nut-huggin f*g**t a.ss outta this b***h....thinkin u can just pop in random threads spreading your filth
 04-22-2009, 02:11 AM         #75
Iverson The God 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SHootar said:
i don't see iverson in my thread title....keep your nut-huggin f*g**t a.ss outta this b***h....thinkin u can just pop in random threads spreading your filth

your not a dodgers fan....
 9 years ago '06        #76
SHootar 48 heat pts48 OP
space
space
 Iverson The God said:
your not a dodgers fan....
.....no i'm not. nor have i ever claimed to be...
 8 years ago '06        #77
SHootar 48 heat pts48 OP
space
space
this guy is completely and utterly nasty....possibly thee best OF in all of baseball when u factor in defense, age, etc.
 8 years ago '06        #78
SHootar 48 heat pts48 OP
space
space
 SHootar said:
most hardcore baseball fans should already know who this dude is and what he can do. last year almost went 20/35, just 2 HRs shy. kid's only 24. i think only 2 guys hit more home runs AND stole more bases last year...know hanley did, possibly sizemore.

but this year i think dudes gonna finally make the jump to superstardom. 25/30 is his basement I think...with a realistic shot at 30/30 or even 30/35. he's the definition of 5 tool...amazing hitter, amazing CFer, and has an absolute rocket for an arm. if you don't know him, you're gonna pretty soon.

<------- went off for 2 bombs today including a grand slam...and a double to centre field as well.
 8 years ago '04        #79
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,650 | Props total: 13049 13049
Remember two years ago when The Yanks wanted to trade Cano for him. I love Robbie but damn we'd be looking good with Kemp roaming CF. LA's GM better lock him up with a Longoria type contract.
 09-02-2009, 03:19 AM         #80
TimeIsMoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good call.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
21 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Report: Rival executives believe Rockets are legitimate threat to sign LeB..
64 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
48 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy