Matt Kemp: budding superstar

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
242 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #21
Dillinger805 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,994 | Props total: 83 83
oh snap thats right lol very true was typing and zoned out lol
 9 years ago '04        #22
Sinna555 
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 3 3
 MATIX said:
wut a week

lol @ Yahoo! ticker. Kemp, Ethier, Loney, these guys need to step up for the Dodgers to be real contenders.
 9 years ago '06        #23
SHootar 48 heat pts48 OP
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
 KrayLay said:
I too love Kemp. He still has some problems with his high K's and low BB's. Which is not unusual for a player his age.

And I really doubt he will ever be as good as Sizemore. Sizemore is a top 5-10 player.

why would u say that? you don't think kemp could be a top 10 player? he's gonna win a few gold gloves in his day..covers a s**tload of ground and lead the NL in outfield a.ssists last year, and already has 2 this year. guys got a rocket. and hitting i can very well see him being a .310/30/115/33 guy in his prime. i'm pretty confident he can reach those numbers if not above.

keep in mind last season he was jerked all around the lineup, and spent most of the season hitting leadoff. he's not a leadoff hitter. like you said he hasn't developed true patience yet but he's a great contact hitter and will drive in a lot of runs further down. this year he's been protected in the lineup by blake and the pitcher. wait until he starts hitting consistently in the middle of the lineup, i don't see why he couldn't put up those numbers. his power is developing and very underated. some ppl even have thrown out 40/40 although thats a little crazy talk for now anyway. but couple those nums i gave and a gold glove and you have a top 10 player.
 04-20-2009, 12:16 AM         #24
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
]why would u say that? you don't think kemp could be a top 10 player? he's gonna win a few gold gloves in his day..covers a s**tload of ground and lead the NL in outfield a.ssists last year, and already has 2 this year. guys got a rocket. and hitting i can very well see him being a .310/30/115/33 guy in his prime. i'm pretty confident he can reach those numbers if not above.
He isn't that good of a outfielder. Solid, but not Sizemore/Upton/Jones/Gomez good.

At age 23 Sizemore hit .290/.375/.533. Sizemore has never hit for average like that since then, but has improved on something every year since then.

keep in mind last season he was jerked all around the lineup, and spent most of the season hitting leadoff. he's not a leadoff hitter. like you said he hasn't developed true patience yet but he's a great contact hitter and will drive in a lot of runs further down. this year he's been protected in the lineup by blake and the pitcher. wait until he starts hitting consistently in the middle of the lineup, i don't see why he couldn't put up those numbers. his power is developing and very underated. some ppl even have thrown out 40/40 although thats a little crazy talk for now anyway. but couple those nums i gave and a gold glove and you have a top 10 player.
Where he hits in the lineup won't really effect how he hits, just how many RBI or R he tallies up. I can see him being a 25 HR type guy maybe 30 tops. 40 is insane. He really doesn't have the power or patience that Sizemore has.

It's really hard to tell how he's going to pan out. Keep in mind he has only played one full season, it's a stretch to predict that he could be a top 10 player in the future. I do know that he probably won't ever be as good as Sizemore

Last edited by KrayLay; 04-20-2009 at 12:20 AM..
 9 years ago '06        #25
SHootar 48 heat pts48 OP
space
space
if you don't think batting 7th in an NL lineup with the # 8 hitter and pitcher behind you makes a difference...you must be kidding.

and you're overating sizemore quite a lot. he's not even a top 25 hitter in the majors. the guy is a .270 hitter who strikes out 140+ times a year. he also can't hit lefties to save his life. if he didn't steal so much he really wouldnt be nearly as valued.

kemp can easily become better than sizemore one day. to me if i have a man on 2nd base in clutch situation, i already want kemp up instead of sizemore. i think this year kemp will show enough strides to back up what i'm saying.
 9 years ago '07        #26
Jace Luv 
space
space
$722 | Props total: 6 6
 SHootar said:
most hardcore baseball fans should already know who this dude is and what he can do. last year almost went 20/35, just 2 HRs shy. kid's only 24. i think only 2 guys hit more home runs AND stole more bases last year...know hanley did, possibly sizemore.

but this year i think dudes gonna finally make the jump to superstardom. 25/30 is his basement I think...with a realistic shot at 30/30 or even 30/35. he's the definition of 5 tool...amazing hitter, amazing CFer, and has an absolute rocket for an arm. if you don't know him, you're gonna pretty soon.

<------- went off for 2 bombs today including a grand slam...and a double to centre field as well.

I'm a long time Blue Crew fan. and always thought Kemp aka The Bison was ooooverrated...

It looks like hes improved this season..but this is the MLB: The pitchers will adjust to him, his biggest weakness is still the breaking ball away..lol. always gets him..

Yeah, he's a really good fielder, and that boy can run!!! i'd compare him to ichiro in speed..

I hope he learns from Manny how to hit,just like Manny learned from Albert Belle,back in Indians Days..

or..Maybe is b-cuz of his GF= Luscious Liz is the reason for his hot start

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '07        #27
Jace Luv 
space
space
$722 | Props total: 6 6
 SHootar said:
if you don't think batting 7th in an NL lineup with the # 8 hitter and pitcher behind you makes a difference...you must be kidding.
I don't know why Joe bats him down in the lineup .He should be batting 4 or -5 spot.

i'm still baffled that Russ Martin is batting in front of Kemp is .. Martin has been stuggling .. or if u want to see Kemp have All Star stats, bat him in front of Manny...whoever bats in front of Manny is getting pitches to rake ..look at the O-Dog, Orlando Hudson is looking like a All Star, b-cuz of that.. :dancingcool:
 9 years ago '06        #28
SHootar 48 heat pts48 OP
space
space
^^damn never heard of that chick before, she's absolutely gorgious.

yeah kemp's problem with the low breaking ball is well documented. if he can cure that, it's over. lot of young hitters coming up have problems with breaking balls though, i'm sure he'll adjust.

and for those that don't think he's got the power to hit 35+ bombs one day...

Russell Martin on Matt Kemp after the game: “That first home run he hit, that was just pure strength. He didn’t really connect fully with it, but it just carried,” teammate Russell Martin said. “He’s got more power than anybody on the team—and I don’t know if there’s any guys in the league that have more power than he does.”
 9 years ago '06        #29
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
im glad you guys notice. hes a great player. the best part is he looks up to manny and now that he is with him he is going to learn alot from him
Posted via Mobile Device
 9 years ago '06        #30
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,519 | Props total: 17945 17945
 MATIX said:
i dont see how race matters?
not a lot of good black players in baseball. Its like if there was a white superstar in the NBA every white person would love him like they loved the Celtics back in the days
 04-20-2009, 01:10 PM         #31
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[QUOTE=SHootar;13681336]
It may effect him a bit if he hits 7th. Not much.

a
nd you're overating sizemore quite a lot. he's not even a top 25 hitter in the majors. the guy is a .270 hitter who strikes out 140+ times a year. he also can't hit lefties to save his life. if he didn't steal so much he really wouldnt be nearly as valued.
You have no idea what you're talking about if you're looking at batting average and Ks. Batting average is almost worthless and Ks aren't really that much worse than a 'normal' out. Sizemore can steal 30-40 bases at an excellent rate, walk 15% of the time and hit 35, possibly 40 HR. Name 25 better hitters.

He doesn't hit lefties well, but less than 1/3 of his PA come against them, and he demolishes righties. So it's not a big deal.

kemp can easily become better than sizemore one day. to me if i have a man on 2nd base in clutch situation, i already want kemp up instead of sizemore. i think this year kemp will show enough strides to back up what i'm saying
Kemp has played one full season. How do you know how he will preform in 'clutch' situations.
 9 years ago '06        #32
SHootar 48 heat pts48 OP
space
space
k so u don't think it makes a difference having the pitcher and worst hitter batting behind you, rather than manny or a good hitter...weird.

LOL batting average is worthless?!?!? i shouldn't even continue debating with you this is just stupid. so driving guys in with basehits and collecting rbis is worthless?? riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

it's not irrelevant that he can't hit lefties, because late in the game when the starter is out and grady comes out with men on...just goto the pen and get a lefty. done.

i don't know. but even to THIS point kemp is a career .300 hitter while grady is .275ish. If i want a guy to keep the inning going and just get on base and wear out the pitcher, i'll take grady right now. if i want a guy who will knock in a run from 2nd, i'll go with kemp.
 9 years ago '06        #33
SHootar 48 heat pts48 OP
space
space
and i'm not gonna waste my time and name all the hitters i think are better than grady. why don't you just tell me where you rank grady as a hitter so i can laugh.
 04-20-2009, 03:00 PM         #34
GOAAT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
kraylay is 1 stupid f**k.

there are alot more important stats than BA, OBP is a much better one but to say its worthless is retarded.
 04-20-2009, 03:16 PM         #35
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LOL batting average is worthless?!?!? i shouldn't even continue debating with you this is just stupid. so driving guys in with basehits and collecting rbis is worthless?? riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Pretty much. Batting average tells us very little about how good a hitter is. It does not tell us the number of extra base hits a player has or his walks or how many SB he has. And RBI are a product of your surroundings. Not how good you hit.

it's not irrelevant that he can't hit lefties, because late in the game when the starter is out and grady comes out with men on...just goto the pen and get a lefty. done.
That's one of 4 at bats during the game, and it's not like he is .000/.000/.000 against lefties. You're also a.ssuming that a) every team has a lefty b) he is good c) the batters around sizemore are lefty d) the right handed pitcher in the game deserves to be pulled. I can go on,...

Last edited by KrayLay; 04-20-2009 at 03:22 PM..
 04-20-2009, 03:17 PM         #36
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GOAAT said:
kraylay is 1 stupid f**k.

there are alot more important stats than BA, OBP is a much better one but to say its worthless is retarded.
I said next to worthless.
 04-20-2009, 03:18 PM         #37
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SHootar said:
and i'm not gonna waste my time and name all the hitters i think are better than grady. why don't you just tell me where you rank grady as a hitter so i can laugh.
Put up or shut the f**k up.

Offensively, he is probably a top 10 player.
 9 years ago '06        #38
SHootar 48 heat pts48 OP
space
space
lol ok. well u go on thinking that guys that hit for high averages and drive runners in are worthless. last time i checked extra base hits don't win games, runs win games. u cannot drive in a run without a hit.

top 10?? lmao

so ...

manny
ortiz
pujols
arod
miguel cabrera
chipper jones
berkman
teixera
holliday
hanley
ichiro

lol i'm gonna stop cuz u've really shown how clueless u are about baseball. i could EASILY name 10-15 more who s**t on sizemore at the plate. leave ur mancrush at home next time.
 9 years ago '05        #39
ChickzNKickz 100 heat pts100
space
space
$10,990 | Props total: 10693 10693
I didn't know Grady was half black.....

U learn something new everyday.......
 04-20-2009, 04:51 PM         #40
GOAAT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SHootar said:
lol ok. well u go on thinking that guys that hit for high averages and drive runners in are worthless. last time i checked extra base hits don't win games, runs win games. u cannot drive in a run without a hit.

top 10?? lmao

so ...

manny
ortiz
pujols
arod
miguel cabrera
chipper jones
berkman
teixera
holliday
hanley
ichiro

lol i'm gonna stop cuz u've really shown how clueless u are about baseball. i could EASILY name 10-15 more who s**t on sizemore at the plate. leave ur mancrush at home next time.
ur list sucks d**k
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
147 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
112 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
15 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy