Rick Ross - Deeper Than Rap [2009]

most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
81 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
21 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

how many mics does Ricky's 3rd album get?
1 mic - garbage (officer ricky lost) 51 20.90%
2 mics - only a few good songs 17 6.97%
3 mics - decent, expected more 43 17.62%
4 - 4.5 mics - great, most of it is fire 89 36.48%
5 mics - amazing, he really came through, potential classic 44 18.03%
Voters: 244. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 04-15-2009, 11:07 PM         #61
Mackin_Yo_Chick  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all the songs sound the same to me. i dunno though maybe it will grow on me only time will tell. i hated that jeezy recession when it first came out but then it grew into my fav. album.

i like that song "face" with trina.

i liked trilla back then when i had subwoofers in my car. rick ross albums always bang in the car. i dunno though its kinda boring lol. next 3/5
 9 years ago '05        #62
jaydee24 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,626 | Props total: 22 22
Someone put the production credits on here, since ya'll sayin the beats are tight, i need the listen to this.
 9 years ago '04        #63
Explicit 239 heat pts239
space
space
$10,091 | Props total: 2396 2396
 frequent23 said:
In cold blood was one of the dopest beats on the cd tho idk wat u mean by the beat turn wack at 1:00, that s**t mad musical
After taking another listen to the album, mad musical is not what I would call it, but it flows well. Last night it just sounded awkward for some reason. It really reminds me of Young Bucks "Hold On" song got that 1930's feel to it. Song grew on me after a few listens to the album.

EDIT: Production Credits since they were asked for.

Production:
The Inkredibles: 1 5 10
J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League: 2 3 4 7
C. "Tricky" Stewart: 6
The Runners: 8 11 14
BIGG D: 9
Drumma Boy: 12
Toomp: 13

Last edited by Explicit; 04-16-2009 at 12:25 AM..
 04-16-2009, 01:01 AM         #64
htownrockets  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
s**t I liked it, great production, good features, Nas and Kanye wrecked their verses, overall another good drop from Ross
 9 years ago '09        #65
quentyburga725 55 heat pts55
space
space
$8,481 | Props total: 2341 2341
overall the album isn't that bad.. theres a few bangers on here tho
 04-16-2009, 02:20 AM         #66
benzsl4585  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bout to give it a listen. Hope it lives up to expectations
 9 years ago '06        #67
rlnichol77 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,022 | Props total: 11 11
On a serious note I know G - UNIT STANS hate to admit this but Ross album is really good . Best overall production album since The Dr Dre Cronic 2001 and the Blueprint by Jay Z . The ball is in 50 ct court , he has to crank out a classic if not
Ross wins and 50 loses
 9 years ago '05        #68
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,334 | Props total: 1668 1668
I don't care if Ross was a C.O. or if he's not a drug boss, when I listen to his music my '08 Civic turns to a Maybach.

1. Usual Suspects
2. Maybach Music 2
3. Rich Off Cocaine
4. Mafia Music
5. Valley of death
6. In Cold Blood
7. Magnificent.

Great tracks, the rest may be fillers.
 9 years ago '04        #69
certifiedplaya1 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,363 | Props total: 161 161
 Ghetto_Guevara said:
t is a clean southern album, Ross sticks to the basics. That will serve this album's legacy well.

It's a doss of Southern Hiphop from a master of the genre.

Lyrics are always gangsta. He stays in his lane. When I listen to Ross I'm picturing Miami and a clean whip you know what I'm saying a bad b1tch...That's the image I'm consistently getting and I actually prefer that image. Entertaining and plus it's good music. I think Rick Ross is going to sell some records it's Deeper than Rap...Boss. Give the people what they want my n1gga.
exactly the same vibe i get, especially after i visited miami last year i can really picture it when im listenin to ross music
 04-16-2009, 12:49 PM         #70
benzsl4585  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i like it. i just don't like how he keeps saying Maybach Music when the songs begin. just start up the d@mn song. Feelin' Rich of Cocaine and Usual Suspects. i gave it a 5/5
 9 years ago '04        #71
Merle 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,795 | Props total: 0 0
 Left Hook said:
I don't care if Ross was a C.O. or if he's not a drug boss, when I listen to his music my '08 Civic turns to a Maybach.
Can't wait to use that magic and turn the Audi A6 into a Maybach :agreement6:
 04-16-2009, 03:34 PM         #72
DeadLy CombO 47  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i will probably listen to a few of these songs just because the production is amazing on this album.... lyrics are very mediocre and has no content... all about money hoes drugs dealin and all that....
 9 years ago '04        #73
caboloon 196 heat pts196
space
space
$4,106 | Props total: 892 892
the album is hot dont care if he was cop I am buying this album
 04-16-2009, 05:15 PM         #74
thagreat98597  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
s**t is tight..i f**ks wit 50 and ross....good beats..good flows...check the poll...
 04-16-2009, 05:24 PM         #75
ILLmag 7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ima be generous and give it a 3/5....honestly the production isnt as hot as ppl are hypin it up to be...only beat that i thought was :wow: was "In Cold Blood"...and the lyrics, well i dont need to talk about that....his first 2 albums s**t on this....Push It, Cross That Line, Hustlin, Where My Money (I need that), Speedin, This is the life, & Billionaire are his only GREAT songs
 04-16-2009, 10:48 PM         #76
GOD999  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The album exceeded my expectations personally.....Trilla was an improvement over Port Of Miami, but this is topping it.....The production is the most through he's ever gotten, IMO....

Seriously, Ross flow and styles sounds more developed since that first album.....At first I thought he was a Jeezy clone, but since then, his flow and how he delivers his lyrics sound harder....Its like he's more confident on the mic....Content is still typical Ross, about moving weight, s3x, and being a living large boss....Would help if he did stretch it a lil bit but thats all I'll say....

No one in here has said it, but I think this is his best album hands down......Take away that track with the Dream, it would be a clean listen....Theres nothing else I can really say I dont think I liked....other than 'Mafia Music' getting skipped since I heard that s**t alot
 9 years ago '05        #77
Angry_Black_757 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,664 | Props total: 0 0
Album is aight, not bad really but not anything with real replay value. Beats can only do so much for you. You don't remember dope beats more than you remember dope lyrics. PERIOD

And aside from the actual music, its difficult for me to listen to this guy talking about s**t that you KNOW he's lying about. It's hard for me to hear him diss trick daddy when you just saw them dap up about 2 months ago on stage. An album full of lies just kind of pisses me off. Totally.

The song I actually like is Maybach Music 2. But this seems like a producer track rather than an actual rick ross song. Like the song was already done, and they told ross to spit a few bars in the middle and then they decided to give it to him by having the hook say maybach music. It could have easily been a kanye song and the hook could have went "real G.O.O.D. music" with ross as a guest star.

Last edited by Angry_Black_757; 04-16-2009 at 11:16 PM..
 04-16-2009, 11:18 PM         #78
TrkyMfns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Angry_Black_757 said:
Album is aight, not bad really but not anything with real replay value. Beats can only do so much for you. You don't remember dope beats more than you remember dope lyrics. PERIOD

And aside from the actual music, its difficult for me to listen to this guy talking about s**t that you KNOW he's lying about. It's hard for me to hear him diss trick daddy when you just saw them dap up about 2 months ago on stage. An album full of lies just kind of pisses me off. Totally.

The song I actually like is Maybach Music 2. But this seems like a producer track rather than an actual rick ross song. Like the song was already done, and they told ross to spit a few bars in the middle and then they decided to give it to him by having the hook say maybach music. It could have easily been a kanye song and the hook could have went "real G.O.O.D. music" with ross as a guest star.
What music do you enjoy then because *newsflash*, most of these ENTERTAINERS are rappin' duck tales.
 9 years ago '05        #79
Angry_Black_757 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,664 | Props total: 0 0
 BlaZin'04 said:
What music do you enjoy then because *newsflash*, most of these ENTERTAINERS are rappin' duck tales.
If you read what I said and really understood it, you'd know what I meant. When you KNOW fully well somebody is lying, its different than THINKING that somebody is lying. When a guy goes on the radio and says he's lying, then plays his song where he's saying the same s**t that he JUST ADMITTED THAT HE IS LYING ABOUT and expects for you to buy his album, its just a difficult thing to do.

But like I said, the album is aight, but not something I'd really give any kind of bump in the whip, at least no longer than a week. Jeezy 101 stayed in the whip for 4 months
 04-16-2009, 11:30 PM         #80
Mcmasterlock  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i give it 3 mics
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
154 comments
1 day ago