Damn!! Is all I can say
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
41 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #1
17232 pageviews
756 comments

m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
NHL Playoffs Discussion

It's that time of year again.

I will update this thread every round..

My Picks: 8/8 = 100% First Round. image
My Picks: 1/4 = 25% Second Round image

Playoff Matches: Quarter Finals

Boston over Habs in 4
Wings over Blue Jackets in 4
Canucks over St. Louis Blues in 4
Ducks Over San Jose Sharks in 6
Penguins over Flyers in 6
Blackhawks over Flames in 6
Capitals over Rangers in 7
Hurricanes over New Jersey Devils in 7

Playoff Matches: Semi Finals

Wings over The Ducks in 7
Penguins over Captials in 7
Hurricanes over Bruins in 7
Blackhawks over Canucks in 6

Playoff Matches: Conference Finals

Western Conference:

Chicago Blackhawks (4) Vs. Detroit Red Wings (2)

Perhaps the NHL should consider moving the Western Conference Finals between the Blackhawks and Red Wings to Soldier Field and Ford Field, respectively. Judging by the overflow regular-season crowds, these rival teams could easily fill two football fields for a postseason series.

In six regular-season matchups, the Blackhawks and Red Wings played before no less than 20,066 fans, the maximum capacity of Detroit's Joe Louis Arena. The smallest crowd in two meetings at Chicago's United Center was 22,376. For those five games, the average attendance was 21,053. Add the frigid 40,818 fans that filled Chicago's Wrigley Field on Jan. 1 and the six-game average swells to 24,347.

The Blackhawks and Red Wings have met 703 times in the regular season -- the most between two franchises in League history -- since both teams entered the NHL in 1926-27. The rivalry is as hot as ever, and the 2008-09 season included six thrilling games with plenty of offense and drama.

"Every time you play the Red Wings, it's usually a fun game. If you can't get up to play against the Red Wings, there's a problem," said Chicago's Patrick Kane the day before a home-and-home series against Detroit leading up to the Jan. 1 Winter Classic.

Eastern Conference:

Carolina Hurricanes (6) Vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (4)

The Pittsburgh Penguins against the Carolina Hurricanes in the Eastern Conference Finals is about much more than the Staal family feud, although the matchup between Carolina's Eric Staal and Pittsburgh's Jordan Staal should be a compelling story line throughout this series, especially if form holds and Jordan, the younger brother, sees significant time matched against older brother Eric in the series.

For Pittsburgh, you have two of the biggest names in the game playing some of their best hockey. Sidney Crosby is coming off a series to remember in out-dueling Alex Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals. His 12 goals lead the playoffs and his 21 points is tied for the League lead with Ovechkin. Evgeni Malkin, a MVP candidate in the regular season, has 19 points

For Carolina, it is the brilliance of Eric Staal and Cam Ward, who have been the one-two punch to carry Carolina to four straight Game 7 victories in this team's last two playoff runs. Let's not forget about the magic of Jussi Jokinen for these "Cardiac Canes" or that of Scott Walker, the Game 7 hero against Boston in the second round.

Who will emerge as the Eastern Conference representative in the Stanley Cup Final? That remains to be seen, although the results from the last round suggest that it will take a full seven games to find out the answer.

Last edited by m-f; 05-22-2009 at 04:14 PM..

756 comments for "NHL Playoffs Discussion"

9 years ago '07        #2
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
$55,578 | Props total: 43733 43733
EASTERN CONFERENCE

(8) Montreal Canadiens vs. (1) Boston Bruins
Game 1 Thursday, Game 2 Saturday at TD Banknorth Garden

Boston won the season series with a 5-0-1 record, including 3-0 at home. Factoring in their shootout-winning goal on Nov. 22, the Bruins outscored the Habs, 23-13.

Tim Thomas was 4-0-1 in the season series with a .933 save percentage. Zdeno Chara had six points while David Krejci and Marc Savard had five each. Carey Price started five of the games and had a .878 save percentage. The Habs will likely be without Andrei Markov (shoulder), who had four a.ssists against the Bruins this season.

(7) New York Rangers vs. (2) Washington Capitals
Game 1 Wednesday, Game 2 Saturday at Verizon Center

The Caps won the season series with a 3-0-1 record and outscored the Rangers, 14-11. The teams haven't met since the Rangers hired John Tortorella as coach and acquired Sean Avery, Nik Antropov and Derek Morris.

Alex Ovechkin had five points against the Rangers this season, including three goals and an a.ssist at Madison Square Garden. Nicklas Backstrom had six a.ssists and Mike Green scored three goals. Jose Theodore stopped 70 of 79 shots (.886 percent). Henrik Lundqvist was 1-2 with a .881 save percentage vs. Washington.

(6) Carolina Hurricanes vs. (3) New Jersey Devils
Game 1 Wednesday, Game 2 Friday at Prudential Center

The Canes and Devils have played three times since March 18, with Carolina winning twice. Carolina won the season series, 3-1, but three games were decided by one goal.

Cam Ward was 3-0 with a .951 save percentage against the Devils, but faced Martin Brodeur only once. Brodeur was 1-1 with a .945 save percentage against Carolina. Rod Brind'Amour had six a.ssists against New Jersey, while Tuomo Ruutu and Sergei Samsonov each had three goals. Brian Rolston and Patrik Elias each had four points in the season series.

(5) Philadelphia Flyers vs. (4) Pittsburgh Penguins
Game 1 Wednesday, Game 2 Friday at Mellon Arena

The Penguins won four of the six games in the season series, including one in OT and another in a shootout. Counting Pittsburgh's shootout winner, each team scored 21 goals.

Sidney Crosby led all scorers in the season series with nine points while Evgeni Malkin had seven. Kimmo Timonen dished out seven a.ssists while Mike Knuble and Simon Gagne each scored four goals. Marc-Andre Fleury was 4-1 with a .891 save percentage. Martin Biron struggled for the most part with a 2-2-1 record and .879 save percentage.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

(8) Anaheim Ducks vs. (1) San Jose Sharks
Game 1 Thursday, Game 2 Sunday at HP Pavilion

The Sharks won the low-scoring season series, 4-2. They won twice at home and twice in Anaheim, but each team scored only 12 goals in six games.

Dan Boyle had four a.ssists and Jonathan Cheechoo three goals against Anaheim. Ryan Getzlaf had six a.ssists while Corey Perry and Bobby Ryan scored two goals apiece in the season series. Evgeni Nabokov was 3-2 with a .930 save percentage and two shutouts. Jonas Hiller started the last four games for Anaheim and was 1-3 with a .929 save percentage.

(7) Columbus Blue Jackets vs. (2) Detroit Red Wings
Game 1 Thursday, Game 2 Saturday at Joe Louis Arena

The defending Stanley Cup champs earned seven of a possible 12 points in the season series with Columbus, winning three, losing twice in regulation and once in overtime.

Marian Hossa led Detroit with five goals against Columbus, while Pavel Datsyuk had eight points. Rick Nash scored six goals against Detroit, including his hat trick on March 7 in an 8-2 win. Steve Mason was 3-2 with a .930 save percentage. Chris Osgood was 2-2-1 with an .855 save percentage. He gave up seven goals on 23 shots in that March 7 game.

(6) St. Louis Blues vs. (3) Vancouver Canucks
Game 1 Wednesday, Game 2 Friday at GM Place

The Blues and Canucks split their four-game season series right down the middle. Each won a road game and Vancouver outscored St. Louis by a goal, 15-14.

Chris Mason and Roberto Luongo faced each other in the last three games with Luongo getting the better of Mason. He was 2-1 with a .911 save percentage while Mason was 1-2 with a .863 save percentage. Daniel and Henrik Sedin combined for 2 goals and 8 a.ssists against the Blues. Patrik Berglund led St. Louis with six points against Vancouver.

(5) Calgary Flames vs. (4) Chicago Blackhawks
Game 1 Thursday, Game 2 Saturday at United Center

The Blackhawks dominated the season series, winning all four games, including one in overtime. They outscored the Flames 19-7; 11-3 at the United Center.

Martin Havlat paced the Hawks against the Flames this season with six points on 2 goals and 4 a.ssists. Patrick Kane had 4 points on 2 goals and 2 a.ssists. Nikolai Khabibulin started three of the games and allowed only six goals for a .941 save percentage. Miikka Kiprusoff was 0-3-1 with a .856 save percentage. Jarome Iginla had three a.ssists. Olli Jokinen didn't play in any of the games.
Bruins in 4

Caps in 6

Devils in 7

Pens in 6

Sharks in 6

Wings in 6

Canucks in 5

Falmes in 7
 9 years ago '07        #3
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
lol @ us making the same thread at the same time.

Playoffs are gonna be great this year especially the East. West is gonna come down to Detroit and San Jose. In the East I think it's a toss up between Boston, Washington, Philly, NJ, and Pittsburgh

can't wait.
 9 years ago '05        #4
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
Wings for the repeat :dancingcool:
 9 years ago '07        #5
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
Wings for the repeat :dancingcool:
it's possible but Osgood has been pure trash all year. You counting on him being able to flip a switch? or you think Wings are good enough to win regardless?
 9 years ago '05        #6
BoSox84 
space
space
 #21 said:
it's possible but Osgood has been pure trash all year. You counting on him being able to flip a switch? or you think Wings are good enough to win regardless?
In the games I've watched, I've noticed when he gets lit up, the D isn't helping a whole lot. I dunno if they were sleep walking through the season or what, but the defense hasn't played at near the level they were at last season. Osgood's not the type of goalie that's capable of single-handedly taking over a game, so if the defense sucks on any given night, it's liable to be a long night for him.

Being that it's a big time veteran team, I'd be surprised if they don't get their act together in the playoffs
 9 years ago '05        #7
BlaznHizzle|M 3 heat pts
space
space
$14,424 | Props total: 24 24
Devils takin it home this year.. we haven't won one in a while now...

589 - 103 STRK: 21 w in a row WIN PCT: 85% 2 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 4-2, Rank #212 | Aug 14: 69-20, Rank #59 | Aug 13: 111-27, Rank #24 | Aug 12: 415-99, Rank #11 | Aug 11: 74-23, Rank #61 | Aug 10: 2042-879, Rank #1 | Aug 09: 1049-376, Rank #1 | Aug 08: 1452-454, Rank #1 *
 9 years ago '07        #8
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
 BlaznHizzle said:
Devils takin it home this year.. we haven't won one in a while now...
gonna be an interesting series with Carolina that's for sure. Carolina on a roll going into the playoffs, I think they've won like 11 or 12 straight home games meanwhile Devils playing like s**t going into the playoffs and they just got punished by the Canes in the last regular season game.

Brodeour slumping too while Cam Ward playing lights out.
 9 years ago '07        #9
m-f 8 heat pts OP
space
space
space
 #21 said:
lol @ us making the same thread at the same time.

Playoffs are gonna be great this year especially the East. West is gonna come down to Detroit and San Jose. In the East I think it's a toss up between Boston, Washington, Philly, NJ, and Pittsburgh

can't wait.
For real, best time of the year man..

I don't think San Jose or Detroit is going to be in the finals this year. I see the Blackhawks doing damage even thought they're inexperienced. Either way though going to be a good 2 months of hockey
 9 years ago '06        #10
YERCELL 
space
space
$3,970 | Props total: 0 0
 #21 said:
West is gonna come down to Detroit and San Jose.
Ducks are coming for the Sharks.
 9 years ago '05        #11
BoSox84 
space
space
Carolina has been on fire the last couple weeks of the season, I can honestly say I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they stayed hot and got to the SC Finals
 9 years ago '06        #12
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,566 | Props total: 18077 18077
Pariseeeeeeee
 9 years ago '04        #13
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,117 | Props total: 597 597
Based on after the lock out the finals will be the Vancouver Canucks vs Washington Capitals. That will probably be the best thing for the league aswell.........
 9 years ago '05        #14
BoSox84 
space
space
 Spiffy818 said:
San Jose vs Boston/Carolina

Detroit imo doesnt have good defense and Osgood is a type to allow 2 3 goals a game. San Jose can score and defend.

Boston/Carolina is a tuff one. Both can score and both are good on defense, and goalies are great. I would give the edge to Carolina cuz Cam Ward is the fukin man
Detroit's defense hasn't played as well this season as last, but they still have basically the same roster of defensemen. Call it me being a homer, but I expect them to pick up the slack in the playoffs.

As a Wings fan, the one team that I think could really f**k us up is the Ducks. For whatever reason, they just have our number in the postseason. The Sharks would be a great series, both teams went 2-0 at home in the season series
 9 years ago '07        #15
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,261 | Props total: 307 307
boston-Montreal is gonna be crazzy. Cant f**king wait. Shouldnt take 7 games for the B's to send these f**ks back to Canada.

Lucic gonna f**k Komisarek up again
 9 years ago '04        #16
{XtoDaZ} 
space
space
$4,238 | Props total: 553 553
 Spiffy818 said:
San Jose vs Boston/Carolina

Detroit imo doesnt have good defense and Osgood is a type to allow 2 3 goals a game. San Jose can score and defend.

Boston/Carolina is a tuff one. Both can score and both are good on defense, and goalies are great. I would give the edge to Carolina cuz Cam Ward is the fukin man
word? Carolina is on a hot streak but I see the Devils breaking that in the 1st round, Carolina got offense in the streak but outside their streak the O has been doo doo and Ward wasn't at his best...I got Boston/NJ/Washington comin' out the East with Calgary/Detroit from the West...San Jose is always the one to beast in the regular season, but come playoff time they can't get past the 2nd round
 9 years ago '07        #17
space
space
I cant see Carolina advancing to the ECF, let alone the stanley cup
 9 years ago '04        #18
{XtoDaZ} 
space
space
$4,238 | Props total: 553 553
 keithbm1111 said:
boston-Montreal is gonna be crazzy. Cant f**king wait. Shouldnt take 7 games for the B's to send these f**ks back to Canada.

naw Lucic already put his bid in...I want to see Chara vs. Komisarek...If Lucic dislocated dude's shoulder in that f!ght earlier, imagine what Chara would/can do, f**king have that b***h on the ice stumbling and bumbling looking for his teeth on the ice
 9 years ago '07        #19
m-f 8 heat pts OP
space
space
space
 keithbm1111 said:

someones salty from last year
 9 years ago '07        #20
space
space
 m-f said:
someones salty from last year
not really, Montreal was the more superior team last year, I was shocked it went 7 and the B's played so well. this year's much different. B's are far more superior to Habs.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
66 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
75 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
52 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy