i've made the decision to start cutting my own hair, want chris paul look

most viewed right now
 58
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 40
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 38
NBA Nas got the last laugh
75 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 29
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
59 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #41
iswerve 123 heat pts123 OP
space
avatar space
space
$4,654 | Props total: 7261 7261
 01seay said:
Dark Ceaser...but a Light Ceaser for now...I'm trying to get my waves back (was rocking a mini afro).

I actually cut my hair for the first time this morning.

I used the 3/8 guard...then the 1/4 guard...then the 1/8 guard.

Each time I made sure is was all even...I worked my way down with the different guards as practice and to get familiar with the clippers....also to avoid any errors

It was pretty easy.....but I couldn't do the lining...I need to find a good video on that or something...



What so special about the Fade Master?
i did mines and it was easy as hell, i used the 1/16 guard which is a #1, and i did the back also, was pretty, all i did was use a small mirror then used the bathroom mirror to see what i was doing, yea it was confusing at 1st, but you'll get used to it.

what i can tell u from the fade master is that it is so easy to use, it get rids of the hair on the 1st go, without going over the same spot over and over again like some other clippers
 9 years ago '07        #42
iswerve 123 heat pts123 OP
space
avatar space
space
$4,654 | Props total: 7261 7261
 Andre3000 said:
same here. Just recently cut my s**t last week. All I have to say is going with the grain is hard as hell. U can easily f**k up your crown. I just go against the grain. My cut looks decent I just cut that s**t wayyy to low. and yeah I was shook as f**k to even touch my hair line. Not to mention my Clippers are huge as hell. s**t takes up half my mirror and isn't to maneuverable.
yep going with the grain is def better, cuz its more even than with the grain, wat clippers u got?
 9 years ago '07        #43
jbwell83 
space
avatar space
space
$1,685 | Props total: 15 15
 01seay said:

How do you do linings?!?!?!?! How did you learn?!?!?!!?!?
damn ive never lined my own hair. I ONLY USED THEM TO SHAVE MY FACE BUT IM GOING TO START
 9 years ago '07        #44
iswerve 123 heat pts123 OP
space
avatar space
space
$4,654 | Props total: 7261 7261
lining is easy, just patience and that handheld mirror
 9 years ago '07        #45
jbwell83 
space
avatar space
space
$1,685 | Props total: 15 15
yo i just noticed you in Texas, what part? im in ft worth. but i heard them fade masters are good for a close cut. Are they adjustable? i may not 2 always want to a short cut.
 9 years ago '05        #46
Htown_Koopa 
space
avatar space
space
$2,679 | Props total: 16 16
I tried cutting my own hair before but i f**ked it up so I had to call my homeboy to come fix it for me.
 06-11-2009, 03:18 PM         #47
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think the 1/16 will give u chris paul. i used that one to cut mine before. i use the 1/8 now


Last edited by DrX; 06-11-2009 at 03:19 PM..
 06-11-2009, 06:26 PM         #48
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iswerve said:
yep going with the grain is def better, cuz its more even than with the grain, wat clippers u got?


This s**t.



somethin told me to get this s**t tho ^^^ I was mad it didn't come with enough guards. and I looked around for online interviews and s**t but no1 ever used it or heard of it.


Last edited by Andre3000; 06-11-2009 at 07:07 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #49
tommymm96 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,512 | Props total: 6 6
I've been cutting my own hair for a while.. I cut a lot of my friends hair

I have WAHL clippers. They're pretty good. My only complaint is the adjustment lever comes loose all the time so I have to always tighten it. Other than that it's good; consistent and quiet.
 9 years ago '06        #50
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
avatar space
space
$20,967 | Props total: 3477 3477
 iswerve said:
lining is easy, just patience and that handheld mirror
:agreement6:



I tried.....and I had no idea what I was doing...I think I need to adjust the blade or something...maybe it's too sharp.......but I'm going to eventually learn :dancingcool:
 06-12-2009, 10:54 PM         #51
Double S 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
whats the best all around clipper for small fades and outlining? Im thinking of going with andis

to give an idea, Im indian so its grows straight down but thin. I get my fades at a barbershop and like most people in this thread, we all wanna save money. This topic really got me intrigued. So i looked into the FadeMaster and Styliner, obviously they are pretty different but can the FadeMaster outline at all or well? Thanks guys.

Also whats the main diffs between T-Outliner and The Styliner.


Last edited by Double S; 06-12-2009 at 11:02 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #52
iNSPiRED4fR33 
space
avatar space
space
$1,548 | Props total: 74 74
 SkateboardT said:
you only give a 10 percent tip? cheap bastard
lmfao thats all you got outta that s**t.. classic.
 8 years ago '06        #53
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
avatar space
space
$20,967 | Props total: 3477 3477
 Double S said:
whats the best all around clipper for small fades and outlining? Im thinking of going with andis

to give an idea, Im indian so its grows straight down but thin. I get my fades at a barbershop and like most people in this thread, we all wanna save money. This topic really got me intrigued. So i looked into the FadeMaster and Styliner, obviously they are pretty different but can the FadeMaster outline at all or well? Thanks guys.

Also whats the main diffs between T-Outliner and The Styliner.
The Fade Master and Improved Masters are strictly for cutting your hair.

The T-Outliner and The Styliner are strictly for outlining and trimmering your hair......the main difference between the two is that the Styliner doesn't get as hot as the T-Outliner...

Depending on how low to get your hair cut I would suggest you get the Fade Master........the Fade Master isn't suppose to use guards, so if you want a longer cut than "1/8"..... then you should get the Improved Maters w/ the 7 guard set.


Last edited by 01seay; 06-12-2009 at 11:55 PM..
 06-13-2009, 09:19 AM         #54
Double S 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Aright that clarifys alot foe me. I'll prolly havta get the masters just because I do use diff gaurds. I'll also start with just an outlined and take it slow lol. Styliner 2 sounds good. ebay a cool place to get these right?
 8 years ago '06        #55
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
avatar space
space
$20,967 | Props total: 3477 3477
 Double S said:
Aright that clarifys alot foe me. I'll prolly havta get the masters just because I do use diff gaurds. I'll also start with just an outlined and take it slow lol. Styliner 2 sounds good. ebay a cool place to get these right?
Yep, I was able to get mine for about $135 all together for the Improved Masters and Styliner 2.

The trimmer can got either way...you can get the T-Outliner or the Styliner 2.

This is the seller I bought my stuff from...I already did the search for you. :dancingcool:



You should do some research before actually cutting your hair...hit up your barber or watch a bunch of youtube vids on the subject.


Last edited by 01seay; 06-13-2009 at 11:17 AM..
 06-14-2009, 07:56 PM         #56
Double S 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 01seay said:
Yep, I was able to get mine for about $135 all together for the Improved Masters and Styliner 2.

The trimmer can got either way...you can get the T-Outliner or the Styliner 2.

This is the seller I bought my stuff from...I already did the search for you. :dancingcool:



You should do some research before actually cutting your hair...hit up your barber or watch a bunch of youtube vids on the subject.
Thanks bro, much appreciated. I think i found that same selller too. Whats the 1/8 in #'s again, is that a 1 or a #2? Im gonna get the Styliner 2 just cause its cheaper but i read it runs cooler too. Im gonna wait to cut my own hair for now :P seems risky :P but im good with outlining i think, i do that often already since a brown guys hair will grow alot faster than a black person's i find.
 8 years ago '07        #57
MELODY 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$10,418 | Props total: 1857 1857
 double s said:
thanks bro, much appreciated. I think i found that same selller too. Whats the 1/8 in #'s again, is that a 1 or a #2? Im gonna get the styliner 2 just cause its cheaper but i read it runs cooler too. Im gonna wait to cut my own hair for now :p seems risky :p but im good with outlining i think, i do that often already since a brown guys hair will grow alot faster than a black person's i find.
1/8 is a #1. Although there is a 1/16 out there for the master as well in which you can call a half. I personally would go with the wahl 5 star senior which is much lighter. Any cutting hair questions i'd be more than happy to answer.
 8 years ago '06        #58
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
avatar space
space
$20,967 | Props total: 3477 3477
 MELODY said:
1/8 is a #1. Although there is a 1/16 out there for the master as well in which you can call a half. I personally would go with the wahl 5 star senior which is much lighter. Any cutting hair questions i'd be more than happy to answer.
Any tips on doing a lining?
 8 years ago '06        #59
Supreme7 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,833 | Props total: 1994 1994
how do I cut my hair i got clippers just I dont know how... the chris paul look is cool but i cut with the grain cause i dont know what im doin but I only tried the the top once and it was cool but i dont know how to cut the sides back and crown.. can someone tell me how i dont know which way to cut or angels or anything.. and explain the grain cuz on the top i just cut the way i brush which is straight foreward
 8 years ago '07        #60
iswerve 123 heat pts123 OP
space
avatar space
space
$4,654 | Props total: 7261 7261
 jbwell83 said:
yo i just noticed you in Texas, what part? im in ft worth. but i heard them fade masters are good for a close cut. Are they adjustable? i may not 2 always want to a short cut.
im in houston, after using the fademasters i personally seem to prefer them, as compared to the oster or wahl which have both been used on me. the fademasters are good and give a close cut, they even do like a #0000, which is bald, doesnt get any closer than that. they also come with guards if u want the darker look with hair. the guards dont come with the clippers but theyre like 9.99 from sallys for 7 guards.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 28
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 16
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 16
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 12
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 9
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 7
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 6
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
153 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 6
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy