ASHER ROTH -- ASLEEP IN THE BrEAD (2009)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
133 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
80 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

HOWS THE ALBUM ??
AWESOME !!!!!!!! 44 27.50%
GOOD 59 36.88%
AVERAGE 24 15.00%
WACK !!!!!!!!!! 33 20.63%
Voters: 160. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #81
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
aside from a couple nice tracks this album was pretty disappointing. expected a LOT better. to even have the nerve to make a track and compare himself with em is embarassing...yes i KNOW he was merely trying to say he wasn't like em, i DID listen to the lyrics...but just to even spend that much time on a fruitless em comparison...he should take that as a massive compliment cuz he's not even on the same planet as even encore em.
 9 years ago '09        #82
Vincent_Chase 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,822 | Props total: 720 720
I like this s**t, smokin on this purp makes it easier to take in , I'd rate it a 4/5.

that Cee-Lo track is crazy haha, but the production is nice for the most part.
 9 years ago '06        #83
Sel 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,274 | Props total: 65 65
it was a good album...nutin special
 9 years ago '06        #84
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
I found this LP to be just mediocre. I didn't like the repetitive feel of the beats, which is quite evident in the percussion, but I respect it since that's the deliberate approach he wanted to take what with the same producer throughout almost the entire album.

The hooks along with the overall lyrics seemed uninspired. The only songs I felt he was really saying anything interesting was As I Em, His Dream, Sour Patch Kids, and Fallin' to an extent, but nothing ever seems too memorable. I've heard and expected much better from Asher. I feel like he was playing it too safe with the lyrics. Some bars were as if he actually starts going somewhere with what could potentially be a hot quotable of sorts, but he doesn't follow up and the lines fall flat.

I got that feeling throughout the LP. It just really didn't live up to the expectations because he is a great MC. I look forward to more mixtapes and his next album because he is going somewhere with this.

3.5/5
 9 years ago '04        #85
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
space
$24,111 | Props total: 289 289
good album personally am a fan of his funnier not givin a f**k s**t, this album was more serious LARK ON MY GO CART has grown on me
 9 years ago '06        #86
Sheek213 7 heat pts
space
space
$570 | Props total: 258 258
 senseispab said:
Hmmm

Kool G Rap
Slick Rick
Ill Bill

Really?

yup.. that definitely explains it
 04-21-2009, 09:27 AM         #87
akadroopy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i might have to check this one out
 9 years ago '06        #88
Jayseos2 
space
space
space
$47 | Props total: 14 14
Its not that bad
 9 years ago '04        #89
D. Norman 6 heat pts
space
space
$14,852 | Props total: 1995 1995
One Hit Wonder! glad he made a song talking about how every1 compares him with em, but this guy is gonna go down as a one hit wonder.

And if i had to compare him to any1 i would compare him to AfroMan, but not as entertaining

Get Mad if u want but its all true
 9 years ago '09        #90
Gonzilla 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,485 | Props total: 57 57
s**t's good so far.:dancingcool:

[pic - click to view]

04-21-2009, 05:52 PM         #91
LilDonAKA  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 apostrophe said:
gotta say i never thought i'd hear anything worse than solja boy but this dude managed to do the impossible. Easily the single wackest emcee i've heard in my life. I cant believe people can listen to music with lyrics this f**kin bad. Seriously are people really this stupid nowadays? Drink, smoke weed, t*tties. I just summed up the lyrics to every single song. One track with substance and even that was ruined by his lazy kanye type mispronouncing words so they'd rhyme. Sounds like some s**t a 13 year old would make. Plus i dont care what he says, hes just a cheap em knock off. An utter disgrace. Why waste ya time with this when the new k-os just dropped? Perfect example why hip-hops down for the count.
qfmft !!!
 9 years ago '04        #92
QBKinG 
space
space
$1,088 | Props total: 3 3
s**t is original - i'll give you that but by no means is this album any good. In my opinion, this is just another one dimensional album that suburb students will endorse and just off the strength of that, this dude will be around for a while. I just hope it doesn't get to the point where Asher Roth's influence becomes so big that it furthermore puts this hip hop game in disarray. The game is already in f**kin shamble and college flunkies spitting on the mic will only make things worse.

Last edited by QBKinG; 04-22-2009 at 06:51 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #93
made in the bay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$2,269 | Props total: 161 161
La Di Da is my ish.

i wish Don Cannon had more tracks on this album cuz this album felt the same on almost on every track.

Last edited by made in the bay; 04-22-2009 at 07:23 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #94
OnTheReal 
space
space
$4,219 | Props total: 495 495
its not too bad.
 9 years ago '04        #95
PurpleHaze217 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 6 6
:cool-smiley-009:
 9 years ago '04        #96
klone03 
space
space
$9,930 | Props total: 2 2
it's a good album imo. clearly dude has skills & i like the fact that he has a lighthearted approach to music. it's refreshing, much like a lot of the new school s**t.
 9 years ago '06        #97
Isiah61 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,000 | Props total: 1466 1466
Still ain't heard it can some send me a .zip file download? Also dude looks like Danny from TMNT 1.
 9 years ago '06        #98
John_Dillinga 
space
space
$696 | Props total: 0 0
I played it through once, The mixtape was better then this.
 04-25-2009, 01:23 AM         #99
will_revis2008  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
aint gonna lie this album is jammin
 9 years ago '04        #100
Shea-bird 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,725 | Props total: 381 381
 Apostrophe said:
Gotta say I never thought I'd hear anything worse than Solja Boy but this dude managed to do the impossible. Easily the single wackest emcee I've heard in my life. I cant believe people can listen to music with lyrics this f**kin bad. Seriously are people really this stupid nowadays? Drink, smoke weed, t*tties. I just summed up the lyrics to every single song. One track with substance and even that was ruined by his lazy kanye type mispronouncing words so they'd rhyme. Sounds like some s**t a 13 year old would make. Plus I dont care what he says, hes just a cheap Em knock off. An utter disgrace. Why waste ya time with this when the new K-Os just dropped? Perfect example why hip-hops down for the count.
Finally someone with some sense. He's a f**kin joke. Anyone who likes this crappy s**t should hang themselves. :hang:
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
202 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
167 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
90 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
188 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
227 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
261 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
90 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Matt Barnes retires
52 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy