ASHER ROTH -- ASLEEP IN THE BrEAD (2009)

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
93 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
65 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
109 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

HOWS THE ALBUM ??
AWESOME !!!!!!!! 44 27.50%
GOOD 59 36.88%
AVERAGE 24 15.00%
WACK !!!!!!!!!! 33 20.63%
Voters: 160. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '08        #21
Showtimegp 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,550 | Props total: 41 41
s**t wack...only three good tracks and them seem boring after a while,
 04-12-2009, 10:52 PM         #22
IronMaiden  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Apostrophe said:
How the hell can you people like this garbage? Your joking right? This has gotta be a f**kin joke. No way this many people have this bad of taste. I never post on album reviews, or more than twice in a thread but this s**t has me floored. I've never heard a cd as bad as this, not even on soundclick or myspace. This cd was worse that macho mans. Worse than Brian Austin Greens. Worse that Deion Sanders. This cd redefined wack. Matter of fact instead of saying wack from now on I'm just saying s**ts Asher Roth. You people are f**kin crazy or on heavy drugs.:smh :
its called opinion you f**king c*nt face not everyone has the same taste.. and garbage? what about k-os? dude is beyond f**king wack
 04-12-2009, 10:58 PM         #23
Liquid Oxygen  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Alright listened to it twice. It's a solid album and a good first release. My fav tracks right now are Lark on my go kart and Lion's Roar. I think his wordplay is good... light and humorous for the most part. You can tell he is being himself which is always a positive, he isn't rapping about something he doesn't know about or is faking it.

Beatwise, most of it is pretty good, again very light, which matches with the themes and topics he brings up. On The Greenhouse Effect mixtape he rapped over some harder beats and I actually think I preferred those a bit more, but again, that style wouldn't really fit the overall theme of this album.

Overall he came through. It is an enjoyable listen. 4/5.
 04-13-2009, 12:01 AM         #24
Upstate  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah its lighthearted and hopeful for the most part

i'm diggin the vibe of the album

i'd give it a 7/10. I really like "fallin" the most
 9 years ago '04        #25
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
$3,003 | Props total: 1 1
 Apostrophe said:
How the hell can you people like this garbage? Your joking right? This has gotta be a f**kin joke. No way this many people have this bad of taste. I never post on album reviews, or more than twice in a thread but this s**t has me floored. I've never heard a cd as bad as this, not even on soundclick or myspace. This cd was worse that macho mans. Worse than Brian Austin Greens. Worse that Deion Sanders. This cd redefined wack. Matter of fact instead of saying wack from now on I'm just saying s**ts Asher Roth. You people are f**kin crazy or on heavy drugs.:smh :

You makin me wanna download it just to see how wack it is.
 04-13-2009, 11:30 AM         #26
Switchblade  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DTownPistonsFan said:

Ha HA

Why R U Guys So Mad That Apostrophe Is Speakin The Truth

People Like Sum WACK Crap
 9 years ago '07        #27
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 Apostrophe said:
is he makin out wit ur girl in that i love college video? you sound emotionally hurt son
 9 years ago '07        #28
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 Switchblade said:
Ha HA

Why R U Guys So Mad That Apostrophe Is Speakin The Truth

People Like Sum WACK Crap
aint nobody takin u serious wit that gayass avatar

faggle a.ss n*gga
 9 years ago '04        #29
kimble 1 heat pts
space
space
$476 | Props total: 0 0
its new and different.

anytime their is something new and different there are bound to be some haters. coming from a person who ranks outkast, devin the dude, lupe fiasco, and cee lo as some of his favorites id say the album has the same kinda mellow vibe. Moving towards relatively unheard of production will produce that different sound that has drawn the negativity of dousche bags that say how wack this album is without even listening to it ie.

Originally Posted by DTownPistonsFan View Post

proves the negativity this dude is attracting from being "eminem" influenced. I think Asher did a good job of distinguishing himself as an artist that is here to stay. The charts will reflect this...
 04-13-2009, 01:07 PM         #30
Bcrdio  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ima dl it and give it a shot. like dude in hear said, gotta expand your music have an open mind. and for that hater apostrophe in here..i havent even listened to the album yet but im pretty sure even if its as bad as u say it is i wont sound as gay as u crying in this forum like a little b***h
 04-13-2009, 02:19 PM         #31
Apostrophe  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bcrdio said:
ima dl it and give it a shot. like dude in hear said, gotta expand your music have an open mind. and for that hater apostrophe in here..i havent even listened to the album yet but im pretty sure even if its as bad as u say it is i wont sound as gay as u crying in this forum like a little b***h
I aint cryin like a little b***h IM SPEAKIN THE TRUTH, I'm just not a retard like you complete f**kin morons. This album was pointless garbage. To like it you need to be dumb or a little kid who thinks tracks about smokin weed make you sound rebellious and cool. Ya'll boxden dudes are clowns. This was hands down the worst s**t ever made. Hannah Montana cds hit harder than this s**t and have more substance.
 9 years ago '08        #32
senseispab 
space
space
$941 | Props total: 0 0
 Apostrophe said:
Yes I listened to the entire album without skimming AND it was mindless trash, tho towards the end he atleast attempted to have some depth, which quickly turned into an utter and complete cluster f**k of a failure since hes too lazy to find words that actually rhyme and has to go the lazy Kanye route of mispronouncing to fill in for his lack of writing skill. I dont expect it to stay the same but I'm not a 13 year old. I'd like an album to be targeted at some one who has more than an elementary level education. His lyrics were as basic as basic gets. Please for gods sake, give me one reason why you think this guys good? His lyrics are awful, his flow, voice and subject matter are all, he can downplay it all he wants, a complete rip off of eminem, of whom I'm not a fan either. Basically hes Shyne or Krazy. Just another rip-off with little to no talent trying to make on someone elses success. So what exactly is there to like?
Hmmm

Apostrophe said:
Top 5 Dead Or Alive
Canibus
Vinnie Paz
Kool G Rap
Slick Rick
Ill Bill
Really?
 9 years ago '05        #33
Airbarto1 
space
space
$242 | Props total: 29 29
Listened to the clean version a few times. Was pleasantly surprised. I was definitely impressed with the beat selection. I a.ssumed it was going to be a little cornier - but there's some great production on here. As far as Asher goes, he's pretty solid as a rapper. He definitely sounds like Eminem at times - but I think its hard for a skinny young white guy not to sound like Eminem. At least he's not doing the recent Eminem thing where he tries to sound like Triumph the Comic Dog. That was amusing for about 2 bars. That said, subject matter wise, he's nothing like Eminem, and based on the past 5 years of Eminem records I think that's a good thing.

There are definitely some songs on here that I'm not feeling at all. But Sour Patch Kids, Be By Myself, and La Di Da are all jams.

And as far as all the back and forth on this guy - it's obviously all bulls**t. If you listened to this CD and thought it was the most garbage CD you've ever listened you, you either a) don't listen to rap, or b) just hate the guy for whatever reason. I don't think anyone outside of Asher's family would call this a classic, but I've never heard anyone call a CD "pointless" before. I don't ever remember listening to a CD of any genre and looking to see whether or not there was a "point" or not. The subject matter is really similar to 95% of rap CDs out there, any difference is purely attributable to the different backgrounds of different rappers.
 9 years ago '04        #34
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
 kimble said:
its new and different.

anytime their is something new and different there are bound to be some haters. coming from a person who ranks outkast, devin the dude, lupe fiasco, and cee lo as some of his favorites id say the album has the same kinda mellow vibe. Moving towards relatively unheard of production will produce that different sound that has drawn the negativity of dousche bags that say how wack this album is without even listening to it ie.

proves the negativity this dude is attracting from being "eminem" influenced. I think Asher did a good job of distinguishing himself as an artist that is here to stay. The charts will reflect this...
1. Eminem has nothing to do with anything related to this guy. If the album is garbage, it's garbage. My original comment, asking whether or not the rhymes are as elementary and simple on the entire album as they are on the wack a.ss single was not addressed. If Eminem never existed, Asher Roth's single would still be garbage, and the lyrics would still be awful.
2. The only reason I made that comment about wanting to see how wack it was, is because dude was funny in describing it.
3. k!ll yourself for attempting to relate the quality of an artist to his record sales. The two have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN COMMON AND ARE NOT RELATED TO EACH OTHER WHATSOEVER. Anyone who is older than 10 and doesn't know this, is a f**king moron.
 9 years ago '04        #35
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
 Apostrophe said:
This was hands down the worst s**t ever made. Hannah Montana cds hit harder than this s**t and have more substance.
See? Comments like that make me wanna download it. I'm gonna listen to this s**t just so I can see how it is, and see which side is crazy: the people who are feelin it, or this guy.
 04-13-2009, 04:36 PM         #36
MrDan71  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 apostrophe said:
gotta say i never thought i'd hear anything worse than solja boy but this dude managed to do the impossible. Easily the single wackest emcee i've heard in my life. I cant believe people can listen to music with lyrics this f**kin bad. Seriously are people really this stupid nowadays? Drink, smoke weed, t*tties. I just summed up the lyrics to every single song. One track with substance and even that was ruined by his lazy kanye type mispronouncing words so they'd rhyme. Sounds like some s**t a 13 year old would make. Plus i dont care what he says, hes just a cheap em knock off. An utter disgrace. Why waste ya time with this when the new k-os just dropped? Perfect example why hip-hops down for the count.
co-sign!!!
 9 years ago '05        #37
lyrical.obsessi 
space
space
space
$2,496 | Props total: 0 0
its suchs f**king negativity in a album review thread... known as opinions...
yall are no better than dude if you letting him get to you

its obvious he speaking nothing but nonsense... his selection in music sucks
and rather he said he listened to the album or not.. nobody listens to a complete
album without skippin tracks that they beleive is garbage
common sense..

yall too emotional on bx i swear!!!!! pop a f**king pill and chill out damn
 9 years ago '04        #38
Shea-bird 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,725 | Props total: 381 381
Haha yo A, you're a straight hater dog. what do you listen to music all day to fufill your little prophecies- yeah dope lyricists are nice to listen to on a regular basis(and Asher is a pretty dope lyricist), but come on dude...sometimes you gotta listen to music and chill out, appreciate it as a whole a little more. your panties are all bunched up playboi, and you look like a little fool comin in here talkin all this garbage.
 9 years ago '05        #39
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,493 | Props total: 717 717
cd is pretty hot...figured there would be haters...4/5...one of the better albums ive heard
 9 years ago '08        #40
hiphopsince1984 
space
space
$1,467 | Props total: 108 108
 Airbarto1 said:
Listened to the clean version a few times. Was pleasantly surprised. I was definitely impressed with the beat selection. I a.ssumed it was going to be a little cornier - but there's some great production on here. As far as Asher goes, he's pretty solid as a rapper. He definitely sounds like Eminem at times - but I think its hard for a skinny young white guy not to sound like Eminem. At least he's not doing the recent Eminem thing where he tries to sound like Triumph the Comic Dog. That was amusing for about 2 bars. That said, subject matter wise, he's nothing like Eminem, and based on the past 5 years of Eminem records I think that's a good thing.

There are definitely some songs on here that I'm not feeling at all. But Sour Patch Kids, Be By Myself, and La Di Da are all jams.

And as far as all the back and forth on this guy - it's obviously all bulls**t. If you listened to this CD and thought it was the most garbage CD you've ever listened you, you either a) don't listen to rap, or b) just hate the guy for whatever reason. I don't think anyone outside of Asher's family would call this a classic, but I've never heard anyone call a CD "pointless" before. I don't ever remember listening to a CD of any genre and looking to see whether or not there was a "point" or not. The subject matter is really similar to 95% of rap CDs out there, any difference is purely attributable to the different backgrounds of different rappers.
:iagree: i definitely enjoyed the album way more than i thought i would. the production is different and refreshing and helps carry the album. and his rhymes arent nearly as bad as people claim they are. i mean he's no lyrical genius but he certainly isnt garbage. why cant people just listen to music and enjoy it for what it is instead of hating it for what it isnt?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
38 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago