most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-08-2009, 12:58 PM         #1
6112 pageviews
19 comments

GOD999 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Apr 8 - NEW LORD INFAMOUS INTERVIEW : Confirms re-joining Three 6 Mafia, etc

[pic - click to view]

Whether spitting demonically twisted twists as The Scarecrow or abrasive crunk couplets as Keyser Soze, South Parkway Village-South Memphis legend, Triple Six Mafia co-founder and part-time psychotic prescription drug fanatic Lord Infamous has always taken his and Three 6 Mafiaís music to another realm and is a hardcore fan favourite.

Having given his brother DJ Paulís group some distance while he saw to some personal and legal issues, Lord hasnít stopped grinding. In 2007, he dropped ĎThe Man, The Myth, The Legacyí a whole 13 years after his solo debut ĎLord Of Terrorí. Then, in January this year, Lord released ĎAfter Sicsí with Black Rain Ent artist showcase crew the Club House Click, leading to suspicions that, musically at least, he wouldnít be dealing with Three 6 in the near future.

And with some harder-core Three 6 fans feeling ill at ease with some of the single choices the group, now consisting of only Paul and Juicy, have gone for, there was a collective sigh of relief, mixed with intense delight, that on the promotional run-up to Paulís upcoming solo album ĎScale-A-Toní the pair were reunited on the excellent ĎPop A Pillí and in both audio and low-fi video glory on ĎYou Onít Want Ití.

We caught up with the man born Ricky Dunigan while he was at a cousinís house in East Memphis:

Whatís your current status with Three 6?
I never left Three 6. Iíve always been a part of Three 6. I did some time and that was holding the group back and I donít wanna hold my brother back Ė you know Paulís my half-brother. They just went on doing they thing, and itís like a breach of contract when you go to jail so it f**ked up things with Sony. They had just released a double platinum album and the Oscar single for the Hustle & Flow soundtrack and stuff, so I just had to wait. But Iím about to join back up with Ďem though. Me and my brother at least are gonna do some more of that underground stuff that we did in the first place, you know, the ĎCome With Me To Hellí type stuff, and maybe there may be a surprise Three 6 thing in the future, but we still discussing that.

As someone who was there from the very beginning, do you regret not reaping the rewards of the Oscar and chart success the group has had more recently?
Of course, of course. Even though if it wasnít for what happened previously, all the success we had previously, itís not like you can come straight from an underground record to Oscar status and be recognised by the people at the Academy. Me and Paul had a conversation about this actually when I got out of jail. I congratulated him because I came out like the day before it came on and I was like: ĎIím proud of youí. And he told me: ĎWell donít be proud of me because we couldnít have did it without all the stuff you didí.

So do you still speak to Paul often?
Yeah. I just wanna say RIP to Juanita Beauregard; thatís our mother and she just passed February 2nd and I want the world to know about her. She was a good woman.

How did she influence your music?
She put up with all our noise in the bedroom, because we started off with a little studio in our bedroom. And our room was right next to her and popsí bedroom, so they couldnít stand the noise because we made a lot of racket and we had other rappers coming in all the time, and they put up with that. And plus, she listened to a lot of soul music when we was growing up so that influenced us. And in church. She tried to make us go to church but we just didnít tend to stick with it.

So how did she react when you started putting out music talking about the devil and that kind of stuff?
She was proud of us, but at the same time you know how older people are. She didnít really pay attention to what we was saying. She would hear about it but she wouldnít really give us any strife about it or nothing. And she knew it was just music.

When did you write your first ever verse?
Man, I been rapping since I was 15. At the time I was listening to a lot of New York rappers, like Eric B and Rakim, and I was listening to a lot of DOC and NWA and Slick Rick, people like that. Public EnemyÖ The first rap I ever did was a Chuck D verse. I used to rap ĎMy Uzi Weighs A Toní in school and people used to like it so I said: ĎWell f**k that Iíma start writiní my own s**tí. People seemed to like my s**t. Iím not saying Iím better than Chuck D, but people seemed to like my own s**t. Down south we have our own kind of music, you know, we talk about different subjects than what people talk about up north.

There was a few underground rappers popular down here, guys like Gangsta Pat, Eightball and MJG was already doing they thing, and you got Skinny Pimp and I used to hear their little tapes. There was a deejay named Sunny D and a deejay named Spanish Fly and they used to sell people mixtapes; so I used to get them and say: ĎHow hard can this be? How do they loop the beats and how do they programme the drum machines?í. So we started going over to a deejayís house named Just Born and we would watch everything he would do and what kind of equipment he would have and watch how he would loop records and programme the drum machine and what kind of boards he would use.

There was a couple of drug dealers in our immediate family who had a lot of money that we used to f**k around with. So we would hustle dope at school and we hustled up enough to buy us our own equipment and then we started making these mixtapes called ĎDJ Paul k!ller Mixesí and we would go back to high school to sell Ďem. And then as more people were buying them we bought ourselves a little tape-pressing machine; so we pressed up like four cassettes at a time.

And the demand got bigger and bigger so we started going to a place named S&W Distribution where they would press up large amounts of cassettes, and they would do it wholesale. Then we would go to Samís Wholesale Club and buy cassette tapes in bulk and press Ďem up. Then we started taking Ďem to these stereo stores where they do car stereos and they would sell our cassettes. And they would put up little posters of us and then they started selling out of stores real fast.

So we went from selling them out of high school, to selling them out of the trunk, to these stereo stores and then went from there to where it was just too much for S&W. People wanted it so bad that they couldnít supply our demand, so we had to get a distribution deal. We didnít really want to because we were making all the money but it gets to a point where you need it, so we went to Select-O, a local distribution company in Memphis, you know Johnny Phillips, Sam Phillipsís brother. You know Sam Phillips that did Elvis? His brother was called Johnny Phillips. And you know Sun Studios and all that, well Johnny Phillips had a distribution company called Select-O-Hits. We went to him and then thatís when we started making stuff like ĎMystic Stylesí and then s**t just blew out of control. The next thing you know New York starts calling and LA starts calling and I believe we went to Relativity first, then we went to Loud, then we went on to Sony, you know how that s**t goes..

19 comments for "Apr 8 - NEW LORD INFAMOUS INTERVIEW : Confirms re-joining Three 6 Mafia, etc"

04-08-2009, 12:59 PM         #2
GOD999  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Was it your goal to make good music or money?
I always wanted to be good at what I did, I wanted to be different. At first I wasnít in it for fame, I was really just trying to make some money Ďcause I dropped out of school and sometimes hard times will hit. But you get tired of selling drugs and God blessed me with a talent. I guess I used it in a way that he wouldnít want me to use it, you know the devil thing, the satanic rap thing. But that was just my fortť, it was just what I was good at, and I just felt like I liked doing dark music.

I donít like all that chipper-ass, ring-a-ding-a-ding-ass music. Iím sayiní that Will Smith type s**t, you know? I donít like that type of s**t. And you know I liked NWA but I said I donít wanna talk about gangbanginí. You know we got gangs here, Iím not gonna say what gang we were in but we were in a gang, but I didnít wanna do that kind of gangbang type of thing so I said Iíma take it to another level, Iím gonna do something dark. Whatís worse than a gangbanger? Evil, satan itself. So I said Iím gonna venture into that side of it and thatís how that came about.

Can you explain the zone you were in when you were writing some of those classic demonic lyrics?
[Laughs] Yeah, I can explain the high zone. Very high. Not all the time, well, a lot of the time [laughs]. You know, it gets to a point man to be real with you, when rapping is not fun no more, it became a job and when something becomes a job itís not fun any more. So, I hate to say it but, I had to kinda get f**ked up before I got on stage or before I went in the studio because I used to do it because I enjoyed it but now I do it to pay the bills. Not no disrespect to my fans, Ďcause I love Ďem to death and Iím very happy theyíre pleased with my music but itís just what I do. Itís how I eat, itís how I take care of myself. But I still enjoy it when I hear a good beat and I hear someone whoís doing it from the heart and Iím in the studio with some people with good energy.

But a lot of the time youíre around these record label types, these characters, they just look at you like a negro slave, you know what Iím sayin? They might get along with you if you sell records and be your friend but if sales go down then itís like Ďf**k youí, you know what Iím sayin?

So it must be good now to be doing independent stuff with Black Rain?
Yeah, but Iím not goní lie, I kinda miss Paul doing everything for me [laughs]. Itís cool but at the same time I have to talk to a lot of these a*****es myself now and I can see why Paul used to be so hard on my about showiní up to the studio and to shows and s**t, being f**ked up sometimes. He used to have to come and find me Ďcause I didnít give a f**k Ďcause we was making a lot of money, manÖ but I hate dealing with these distribution people and these f**kiní, you know these f**kiní A&R agents and
publicists and all that s**t. But you have to do that. It is what it is.

04-08-2009, 01:01 PM         #3
GOD999  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[b]Part II to the interview

[pic - click to view]

What was your favourite period musically with Three 6?
There was two good periods. I liked the ĎWhen The Smoke Clearsí time and the Tear Da Club Up Thugs time, I enjoyed that. Tear Da Club Up Thugs was more of a personal project of mine because with Tear Da Club Up Thugs I did likeÖ a lot of people may not know this but I do a lot of the writing for Three 6, a lot of the choruses for Three 6, and you know Paul and Juicy write they own verses but me, Paul and Juicy mostly come up with all the choruses. And they used to use a lot of my input in most of the songs back when I was like really mainstream with the group but only to the point where I was helping them with a lot of the ideas. They came up with all the music, and Paul would come up with the hooks too, donít get me wrong, Iím not saying I did all the writing, but I did a lot of it.

My brother started the group, you know, and I came up with the name. So me and Paul came up with that together. We came up with the name from an underground song we did, around the first time we met Juicy. I just happened to say that in a rap, like ďTriple Six Mafia and a í44 Mag, infra red and a silencerĒ. And then when he heard that line he was like: ĎMan thatís cool!í Ė so we kept that name.

So what was the story with the Backyard Posse?
That was before Three 6, that was when we was with this cat name Homicide and this dude named n*gga 9 and Gangsta Blac and Lil Fly and all that stuff Ė some cats outta South Memphis. But that didnít last long. And we was growing as a group for bigger things so sometimes you have to clean house and make changes.

Did you help out with any of the newer Three 6 tracks when you were in jail?
When I was locked up? No, no, no, noÖ You know what? When I was locked up I didnít make one phone call or write one letter. I didnít want to hear from the outside world Ďcause I would look at the other n*ggas in there and motherf**kersÖ if you calling home and calling yoí b***h every five minutes, it ainít goní make the ho not f**k off on you. If you calliní home and checkiní and calliní n*ggas, it ainít goní make them come and put money on your books, you know what Iím sayin? You just makiní it worse Ďcause the more you talk to the outside world, the more you goní miss the outside world. So all I did was work out and wrote and did my f**kiní time. You know you can talk on the phone with her a.ss all day long but she can be f**kiní with somebody while she on the phone wit you so [laughs]. So I didnít worry about those little things.

Did you get a lot of respect in jail?
Aw yeah, I had no problems. Hell naw, I didnít have no problems. I always trip off a lot of these rappers. They talk all this tough guy s**t but as soon as they a.ss Ďbout to go to jail they wanna do all kinds of charity events and become philanthropists and talk to kids and s**t Ė you know who Iím talkiní about because a certain rapper Ďbout to go to the fed right now and now he all on TV talkiní about guns and this and that.

And another certain rapper, you know what Iím sayin, they wanna be claiming gangs, but when the real gangs catch Ďem out in they city they wanna run, they get scared. So, if you ainít true to it donít do it. You know Iím not proud of it but Iíve been to jail a few times in my life and I know how to handle myself. And Iím only 5″5′ so, you know what Iím sayin, these motherf**kers k!ll me, they talkiní all that s**t but as soon as they see itís real, as soon as they donít get no bond, and they a.ss got to stay in jail and they got to do some time, they b***h out. Or they be in they pen for protection and s**t like that.

Before you dropped your last solo album, ĎThe Man, The Myth, The Legacyí, it seemed like you were going through some personal problems, would you care to share anything you learned from that period?
[Laughs] Yeah, I learned run a little faster this time [laughs]. Being serious, Iíll put it this way, if you gonnaÖ itís no secret that I get high, right?

Right.
Itís no secret, ok. Like olí folks in the south say: ĎItís not what you do, itís how you do ití. I just got to be a little more cool. I just got to be not so f**ked up in certain situations where thereís gonna be police around and I have so many drugs on me. Let me keep it real witcha, I still get high, but not as high all the time, Iíll put it that way.

Is it still Ďalways Coca Colaí?
[Laughs] Ahh, you know it [laughs]. But, you know, me Iím not much of a coke man as much any more, Iím a prescription drug kinda dude. I like Oxycottons and patches that are kinda like Morphine suckers, and I like yellow, I like ĎTuss and that. Iím not a big ecstasy guy. I know thatís big out there where you from but yíall got better X out there Ďcause yíall get your s**t from Amsterdam. The X out here is bulls**t. Like back in the day, back in the late Ď90s and 2000, the X was wonderful. You could roll 24 hours, but now this s**t man you might be rolliní 15 minutes and then you just canít sleep afterwards, you know?

You know a lot of the artists that have come and gone from Paul and Juicyís inner circle have gravitated towards the New Prophet Posse. Do you feel like the Memphis underground is making a bit of a resurgence at the moment?
They not real. Thatís the fake-ass Prophet Posse. You know I did something with him, the dude named Nick Scarfo. Let me tell you the truth about him, the only reason I did a song with them was that I didnít want them to f**k up the Prophet Posse name. But he f**kiní it up, heís not taking care of his artists correctly, heís not doing it right and the only reason heís got the Prophet Posse from us anyway is because a long time ago he so-called invested in the label. So when we came to Hypnotize Minds we let him get that, but you know we thought he was cool but really he wasnít cool.

Heís a sheisty-ass n*gga. He ainít cool, I donít f**k with him. The members of Prophet Posse, they cool, I donít blame them for what one a*****eís doing. Scarfo himself, heís not cool. Let your fans know this, they have nothing to do with Three 6 Mafia. They have nothing to do with the old Prophet Posse. And you may hear Gangsta Boo and her a.ss on that s**t. You may even hear one verse he probably got from me but thatís only because I helped invent Prophet Posse. I helped invent that name Prophet Posse, so I hate to see them take something that I did and make a mockery of it. So I did a collaboration with him but knowing what I know now, in hindsight I wouldnít have did it. He f**kiní it up anyway. But they have nothing to do with Three 6. They have nothing to do with Hypnotize Minds. Let that be known.

And recently youíve been doing a lot of work with T-Rock, who has previously dissed you for your old drug habitsÖ
I can understand it, Ďcause with T-Rock, at least he did it like a man. You know, we had a falliní out, and the whole falliní out with T-Rock was between him and this other cat, Iím not gonna mention his name, and he was startiní a whole lot of s**t between us and T-Rock. So T-Rock went his way and he did some things. We handled it in the street, you know what Iím sayiní, and you know after that we squashed the s**t and now everything cool. I ainít the type of motherf**ker that hold a grudge as long as you handle it like a man. If I see you in the street and you handle it like a man with meÖ you know, we got him up in the street and we did our thing and we had it out. You know, there was winners, there was losers, so Iím not gonna say who won or who lost but people know [laughs].

But T-Rock, he didnít hold no grudge, he took it like a man, so therefore Iím cool with him. You know T-Rock is a very lyrical guy, heís real gifted, heís skilled, you know what Iím sayiní? And itís about business, you know? This is a business. People get it confused. At the end of the day, when motherf**kers get through dissiní and talkiní s**t this is a business. The only reason people diss is because they intimidated by another artist. They intimidated that you goní take their sales and take their fans so they diss Ďem to try to lower they credibility and make Ďem look like they pussies in the street to f**k they street credibility Ďcause once you a gangsta rapper and someone f**k with your street credibility your careerís over with. So if you wanna be like Chris Brown, be like Chris Brown, but donít talk that gangsta s**t if you ainít a gangsta.

How do you feel about artistsÖ
This is Paul texting me nowÖ but anyway, say it again.

How do you feel about artists like Kia ShineÖ
I donít like him.

I mean, how do you feel about artists like Kia Shine who are from Tennessee but are using a more generic ATL sound?
Right, right, right, but then he wanna claim Memphis. Motherf**kers like him and Yo Gotti k!ll me because the simple fact is those motherf**kers used to wanna be like us, they used to want autographs from us, they used to come to our studios trying to get us to sign them. Then they wanna make records to try to diss us. What you sayiní motherf**kers? You used to be on our d**k. So the same motherf**kers that wanna be like us make songs about us and then they s**t flop Ďcause they tried to go commercial and s**t. They tryiní to sound like everybody else. But Iím not goní lie, thereís a lot of s**t that reminds me of Memphis s**t but Iím not goní hate on it. Whatever works for them. As far as them tryiní to sound like Atlanta rappers, well thereís a lot of Atlanta rappers tryiní to sound like Memphis rappers so I canít knock nobody for thatÖ But as a human being I donít like his a.ss.

Last edited by GOD999; 04-08-2009 at 01:03 PM..
 04-08-2009, 01:02 PM         #4
GOD999  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Are there any former HCP artists that you canít make amends with?
You know what, I can make amends with all of them because I donít let that bulls**t get to me, but me and Boo donít get along that great. We have trouble getting along. I got love for Crunchy, I got love for Koop, I got love for Gangsta Blac, but Boo, she just got some kind of chip on her shoulder. And she can be a little b***h sometimes. She wants to be more than what the f**k she is but thatís the reason she f**ked up with the group Ė she thought she was like the Lil Kim of Three 6 Mafia but she was far from that and she got mad because her little solo album didnít sell. She a hater, you know?

What about Chat?
Thatís my girl. I love Chat. Chatís a cool muíf**ker. Now Chat was originally with us from Mystic Styles but she had a jealous-ass boyfriend. So Chat was with us from the beginning, but she had went away but then she came back. Then Koch Records f**ked some s**t up for her and then like she got mad but Chat has always been cool.

Have you heard much of Paulís album?
Yeah, I hear everything they do. You know I told Paul the other day, Iím not a big ĎLolli Lollií fan because thatís not the kind of s**t Iím used to doing with them, but then he told me it sold two million just in ringtones so I said: ĎWell I respect that thení [laughs]. I respect that. I got kinda jealous [laughs].

How likely is it that youíll do something underground with Paul?
Very likely, he just got through texting me while I was on the phone with you so very much likely.

How do you feel Memphis was represented on Hustle & Flow?
I feel Memphis wasnít represented right on Hustle & Flow. I think they did a good job with the movie but it didnít capture Memphis. It ainít that easy to get a little hit here, it ainít that easy to get a little studio and just make a little song like ĎWhoop that trick, whoop that trickí Ė even though we made all that music but it ainít that simple, it donít work that way.

Certain parts of Memphis is like that but itís not like that. Iím glad they came here and Iím glad they picked us and Iím proud of the project but I just feel like it coulda captured a deeper essence of Memphis. They made us seem like we just some simple country bumpkins. Memphis is much more complex than that. This is a major metropolitan city, people donít realise it but this is not just a bunch of people with lawnmowers and cotton fields and raggedy houses and s**t [laughs]. Itís much more than that.

Who are your top five Memphis rappers of all time?
Paul, Eightball and MJG, Iíma add me Ďcause I feel like Iím one of the good ones, and Iíma say Skinny Pimp.

Whatís Black Rain Ent got planned for 2009?
Me and T-Rock and II Tone supposed to be doing a project, and weíre gonna work on a II Tone solo album, a Mac Montese solo album possibly in the future, and Iím looking for artists right now.

RIP to Juanita Beauregard, mother of two reigning kings of Memphis, from the whole Southern Hospitality family.
 9 years ago '07        #5
budlightextra 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,335 | Props total: 312 312
how this n*gga gon name top 5 memphis rappers and not say PLAYA FLY..
 9 years ago '05        #6
TCalico87 36 heat pts36
space
space
$1,384 | Props total: 45 45
 budlightextra said:
:agreement6::agreement6::agreement6::agreement6:

see alot of dis records coming in the near future here in memphis
 9 years ago '06        #7
NOCCOWT 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,484 | Props total: 258 258
good, cause he was my favorite 2nd to gansta boo. when it got down to the 2 of them i stop f**kin wit them!!
 9 years ago '05        #8
RichardMBAGG$ 
space
space
$543 | Props total: 109 109
3 6 and fly dont f**k wit eachother
 9 years ago '04        #9
Myworld82 
space
space
$2,586 | Props total: 110 110
 budlightextra said:
That n*gga will never mention Fly, nor will Paul or Juicy...yet they know that n*gga is the true King of Memphis...dude has WAY more respect here than any of them will ever have...
 9 years ago '05        #10
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,202 | Props total: 11808 11808
@ him sneak dissing T.I. & Wayne
 9 years ago '04        #11
BrBHZ 8 heat pts
space
space
$16,236 | Props total: 3056 3056
Real a.ss interview by a real n*gga....he didnt sugar coat s**t.....I got love for dude cause he f**ked with my fam on his last album.

But the world needs a new Fly album...
 9 years ago '06        #12
kip99 
space
space
space
$604 | Props total: 2 2
 budlightextra said:
no idea why he didn't mention fly i know they hate fly but they prolly hate skinny pimp more cuz skinny makes jokes about pauls little arm but he still mentions skinny pimp hmmmm prolly cuz fly in the atl like trock
 04-08-2009, 10:23 PM         #13
macadon83  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
amazing interview. I don't think i've ever heard word from scarecrow before. I wish them n*ggaz could f**k wit T-Rock though, if Lord cool wit him, maybe paul could slide him a beat lol.
 9 years ago '07        #14
dionedre3000 
space
space
$8,973 | Props total: 791 791
Imagine if all of em got back together.
 9 years ago '07        #15
KingOnSlaught 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,222 | Props total: 12 12
raw a.ss article good looks on it
 9 years ago '07        #16
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,460 | Props total: 16239 16239
see them TI jabs..lol
 9 years ago '06        #17
StreetZ17 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,785 | Props total: 469 469
Wow... A Yo Gotti shot right there. How in the hell you not going to show love for Playa Fly in the Top 5?
 9 years ago '07        #18
[MK] 
space
space
$2,828 | Props total: 438 438
I cant stnad Three (6) now. I loved the old stuff, the undersground s**t, but when you strat doing songs with Akon and Good Charlotte you lose my fanhood.

Infamous is a crazy dude. Not a great rapper, but dude talks about some crazy s**t!

Project Pat is mah dude though
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
66 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in Ďgrisly maulingí
190 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? ďEnough ..
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
72 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
52 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy