X-Men Origins: Wolverine [2009]

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
99 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
81 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
104 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Wat U Think?
Trash! 8 8.00%
Not So Good 12 12.00%
Average 24 24.00%
Very Good 42 42.00%
Amazing! 14 14.00%
Voters: 100. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #21
GoSensGo 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,817 | Props total: 454 454
Who the hell voted for amazing? wtf?
 9 years ago '05        #22
stanis3k 31 heat pts31
space
space
$4,531 | Props total: 276 276
wacktose intolerant this s**t was terrible
 9 years ago '07        #23
killahkazi 15 heat pts15
space
space
$4,795 | Props total: 39 39
ehh id give it a 3.75/5

Pros: the action was great to watch and very entertaining, and at the end of the day, that is what it is all about, so it's not a bad movie. I loved how they had wolverine and sabertooth f!ghting in all of the major american wars up thru vietnam in the intro credits. I thought that was pretty cool.

Cons: Of course the obvious that the didn't stay true to the comics, but I won't pick on that, everybody else seem to got that covered. What really annoyed me was all of the cliche, over used moments like when wolverine was carrying old girl into the sunset. There was just way to many of those and it makes you wonder if the person writing that has ever seen a movie made after 1983. It's really sad to see that the writers for most of these superhero movies know fans are going to see the movie reguardless and don't try hard to write a mind boggling script...

But you gotta keep hope alive that well one day get another "Dark Knight"
 9 years ago '07        #24
ptwist 43 heat pts43
space
space
$16,100 | Props total: 6309 6309
X-Men Origins: Magneto

In December 2004, 20th Century Fox hired screenwriter Sheldon Turner to draft a spin-off X-Men film, and he chose to write Magneto, pitching it as "The Pianist meets X-Men."[28] In April 2007, David S. Goyer was hired to direct.[29] Turner said the script was set from 1939 to 1955,[30] and it follows Magneto trying to survive in Auschwitz. He meets Xavier, a soldier, during the liberation of the camp. He hunts down the Nazi war criminals who tortured him, and this lust for vengeance turns him and Xavier into enemies.[29]

The film was planned to shoot in Australia for a 2009 release,[31][32] but it was delayed by the 2007-2008 Writers Guild of America strike.[33] In April 2008, concept art, including one of a younger Beast, was being designed.[34] In June 2008, the X-Men Origins prefix also applied to Wolverine was confirmed, and the project was seeking approval to film in Washington, D.C.[35] By December 2008, Goyer said filming would begin if Wolverine was successful. The story was moved forward to 1961, and involves Xavier and Magneto battling a villain.[36]

In May 2006, Ian McKellen said he would reprise the role using the computer-generated facelift applied to him in the prologue of X-Men: The Last Stand.[37] Lauren Shuler Donner stated that the film would need McKellen to anchor the story, which would take place in flashbacks.[19] With Goyer's hiring in 2007, it was said actors in their twenties would play the characters.[29] McKellen reiterated his hope to open and close the film in July 2008.[38]

[edit] X-Men: First Class

X-Men: First Class is intended to be about the young Cyclops, Jean, Beast and others who attended Xavier's school with them.[39] Zak Penn revealed he was offered to direct the spin-off in 2007, which he explained, "The original idea was to have me do a young X-Men spin-off, a spin-off of the young X-Men characters. But someone came up with a pretty interesting idea [...] it was this guy who worked with me named Mike Chamoy, he worked a lot with me on X3. He came up with how to do a young X-Men movie which is not what you'd expect."[40] Penn later compared the idea to the comic book series X-Men: First Class,[41] and in July 2008, Fox filed the title X-Men: First Class with Production Weekly.[42] In May 2008, Josh Schwartz joined the project.[43] Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg will produce.[44

really?
 9 years ago '08        #25
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
dudes claws k!lled it for me.....i can photoshop better ones....

.....gambit's accent was extremely weak and what was the point in him breaking of sabertooth and wolverine f!ghting?!

deadpool should have been stopped, not k!lled. its frikkin deadpool...

but seriously, how much money was put into this film? i still cant believe they let those claws pass for the final cut! made me think of "who framed roger rabbit", its 2009 and they got graphics from 1988....this movie lost imo
 05-04-2009, 03:02 PM         #26
Maine Event  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Havent seen it but I heard it was great from everybody I talk to
 9 years ago '06        #27
Panasonic 82 heat pts82
space
space
$5,677 | Props total: 1462 1462
It was aiight, the hidden scenes at the end of the credits tie up some of the loose ends
 9 years ago '09        #28
Cake-Man28 
space
space
$125 | Props total: 0 0
I think it was a movie better then the the other ones.
 05-04-2009, 11:46 PM         #29
MyzLuda86  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It was pretty good, i just wish there was more action!!
 9 years ago '09        #30
aziatic6 
space
space
$325 | Props total: 0 0
glad i saw it just to get the background stories of a lot of the characters

but it was full of cheese his claws looked faker than ever
 9 years ago '04        #31
dewhurst33 
space
space
space
$15 | Props total: 0 0
did not live up to expectations IMO
 9 years ago '09        #32
Teddy Loc 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,062 | Props total: 164 164
I like the movie in my book...I Give it a B+....Word Up!!
 9 years ago '05        #33
SupaMann 47 heat pts47
space
space
$5,174 | Props total: 1178 1178
yo, that was freakin Deadpool. Nah can't murk him and thats that!?!?

And don't let me get started on how they made Gambit seem so soft.

I'm mad they fukkin up the storylines.
 9 years ago '06        #34
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,912 | Props total: 7611 7611
I liked this movie more than Xmen 1,2, and 3.

So If you liked Xmen 1, 2, and 3 then you will probably like this movie.

Was Xmen Origins: Wolverine an accurate and faithful adaption of the comic book....No, but neither was Xmen 1,2, and 3.

Wolverines claws looked just as wack as they did in the first 3 movies to me.

I knew going in that the xmen movies are seperate from the comics so I was able to enjoy the movie for what it was worth an entertaining story with vaguely familiar characters, alot of explosions and action.

If you're able to forget about the comic or if you're like me and haven't read an xmen comic in about a decade then you might appreciate this movie for the early summer popcorn flick it is.
 9 years ago '09        #35
tobad63 
space
space
space
$1,497 | Props total: 0 0
it was aight
 05-08-2009, 04:02 AM         #36
Kal Tourette  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
movie was garbage...I challenge u to tell me what was amazing about it? It was TRASH!!!!!
 9 years ago '08        #37
SantinoMurder 
space
space
$2,519 | Props total: 0 0
 AlBundysfingers said:
may be some spoilers here..

I saw the workprint. I saw the full movie yesterday in the theatres.

and i noticed some plot holes like THE ENTIRE ending for one. Xavier just shows up out of f**kin nowhere?? really? Adamantium bullets cause automatic memory loss?

Where was wolverine walking when he was carryin his wife?? just into the sunset? Theyre on a f**king island. there was nothing out there.

Gambit had no reason to be in the movie at all besides to give logan a ride? He didnt even need to f!ght him!

What was with that cartoonish scene where gambits on the fire escape and wolverine is knocking it down cutting it piece by piece???

Would it hurt to give Hugh some physical claws for a few scenes? Its all animooted and looks cheesy fake. Ive seen some internet pics of people who can make a decent custom designs of it, movie companies cant?

Deadpool, well everyone already knows they ruined that character completely. Mother f**ker shoots energy out of his eyes..and apparently wolverine making an X to block it prevents any from passing between his claws. The way Stryker contacts him is through a piece of s**t computer? All that technology and not even voice activated. Matter of fact, why is deadpool hooked up to a computer in the first place?

Sabertooth just decides to come out of nowhere to save his bro? Really?? REALLY?!! Besides that, why does he have no recolection of Wolverine in the First Xmen movie?? and hes not even the same character in the least bit..

Wolverine escapes Weapon X facility in 20 seconds flat and ..goes to spend the night with some old folks?? The real wolverine would say, f**k it and hide off in the woods.

Why did Wraith have to die? WHY??? Emma Frost is made of f**king diamonds, you telling me NONE of those mutants could break a metal cage?

I honest to god felt i could write a better story.

/rant.

f**k this movie..
thats pretty much exactly what i was gonna say, i felt they gave little backstory on wolverine still. its like one moment he 6 then 10 seconds later he f!ghting in a war. this movie should have been like iron man more story than action. all beginnings should be mostly story imo.
 9 years ago '08        #38
SantinoMurder 
space
space
$2,519 | Props total: 0 0
 SupaMann said:
yo, that was freakin Deadpool. Nah can't murk him and thats that!?!?

And don't let me get started on how they made Gambit seem so soft.

I'm mad they fukkin up the storylines.
well if you stayed until the end of the movie you see that deadpool didnt die
 05-08-2009, 02:40 PM         #39
PetedaSmete  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It was good, but not stellar. I wish they made Wolverine f**k up some more people in the Weapon X lab though. And what was up with Gambit jumping around everywhere like he was Spider-Man?
 05-11-2009, 02:38 AM         #40
gatordudebp  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i thought that the movie as a whole was pretty good... but i personally wish they had implemented more scenes with gambit f!ghting (possibly helping wolverine?) becuz he was my favorite character from the x-men show
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
56 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
276 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
117 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
12 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
50 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
66 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
63 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy