I'm 23 and my credit score is 741....good?

most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #1
27632 pageviews
57 comments

Pitts Gutta 18 heat pts18
space
space
$2,927 | Props total: 12 12
I'm 23 and my credit score is 741....good?

I know based on what the creditors say,its excellent credit but what would you say? Any feedback is great feedback....positive or negative. Props to you.

Experian: 737
Equifax: 737
Transunion: 741

57 comments for "I'm 23 and my credit score is 741....good?"

9 years ago '04        #2
mims820 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,056 | Props total: 180 180
yes, thats VERY good actually. dont ruin it, thats for damn sure.
 9 years ago '04        #3
S|S 
space
space
$11,588 | Props total: 2 2
a credit score is a deadly thing without the proper income to back your moves.
 9 years ago '07        #4
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,794 | Props total: 14598 14598
 Pitts Gutta said:
I know based on what the creditors say,its excellent credit but what would you say? Any feedback is great feedback....positive or negative. Props to you.

uhhhh...
 9 years ago '04        #5
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
Very nice. S is right. That high score can drop pretty quickly if you get in over your head. Be smart about it.
 9 years ago '06        #6
Pitts Gutta 18 heat pts18 OP
space
space
$2,927 | Props total: 12 12
I am. I have 3 lines of credit in which I buy something small with every month and pay all in full.
 04-02-2009, 12:45 AM         #7
Dat Nucca 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Try to hold on to those scores for dear life!!!!!!....dont cosign sh!t for no one!...Not for friends not for your girl not even for your own family!!!!.......Make sure you keep tabs on your DTI which is your debt to income ratio......but even more important in the eyes of the credit bureaus is you CREDIT to DEBT ratio, which is essentially how much revolving debt you owe versus your total credit limit. When it comes time to purchase a home (if you dont own already) you will be considered an "A" paper loan (meaning you will get the best deal/excellent rates & terms).

If you wish to retain those high scores make sure that you never exceed more than 50% of your total credit limit. If possible pay your balances in full every month! This will show that you are a safe & worthy credit risk & will ultimately raise your score higher which will in turn allow your credit limits to be raised even higher without you even requesting.

Trust me....I work in the banking industry & handle credit reports all the time....I see people overextend themselves more often then not....ESPECIALLY YOUNG PEOPLE who start off with good credit then get stuck in quicksand. All it takes is a few careless decisions to f**k ya credit up....but it takes years to rebuild it.

Oh....1 more thing......It wouldnt hurt you to sign up for a reputable monitoring serving like 'freecreditreport.com' after the 1st month its only like 8 bucks a month & you can pull a 'light' credit report every month from 1 of the major 3 bureaus without it hurting your score as a "hard" pull. Good way to keep track & make sure everything stays on the up & up.
 9 years ago '04        #8
S|S 
space
space
freecreditreport is wack... myFICO is the only thing a consumer should trust when it comes to credit scores. also there is no way a consumer can pull their Experian score, as they discontinued this less than two months ago. So it's just TU and Equifax that consumers can get, and that's only through myFICO. unless you want a useless FAKO score.

as for revolving credit, it's best to have one or two cards that show a balance of less than 7% or so. paying off everything in full every month isn't really the best thing to do if you're looking to get more credit offers from Prime lenders.
 9 years ago '04        #9
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,897 | Props total: 2007 2007
 S said:
freecreditreport is wack... myFICO is the only thing a consumer should trust when it comes to credit scores. also there is no way a consumer can pull their Experian score, as they discontinued this less than two months ago. So it's just TU and Equifax that consumers can get, and that's only through myFICO. unless you want a useless FAKO score.

as for revolving credit, it's best to have one or two cards that show a balance of less than 7% or so. paying off everything in full every month isn't really the best thing to do if you're looking to get more credit offers from Prime lenders.

S is exactly right. What I do for this is every once in a while when I know I'm getting a nice check from work or I know my money is fine, I'll spend like 40-60 bucks on my credit card and only pay half off. Then I get the late charge and all of that and THEN pay it off.

My credit score is about the same as yours. When I checked in December I was at about 763 or so. I can't wait to get a full time job and go to buy a house or car and get a nice interest rate.......
 9 years ago '04        #10
S|S 
space
space
word. can't wait to get in the game as far as houses are concerned. mom has bad credit so we currently can't get a house, but once my steady income game is on lock, it's on.
 9 years ago '04        #11
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
space
$14,419 | Props total: 3927 3927
where should i go to get a credit check or score? my s**t is madd f**ked up from college bills racking up and a cc i f**ked up when i was 18...

on the credit card i got my balance up to $800 didnt pay it for like 5 months then when i talked to a crediter they said pay 400 now and its off your a.ss... so thats what i did... dont know if i still took a hit on that or not though
 9 years ago '04        #12
S|S 
space
space
http://slumz.boxden.com/showthread.php?t=1219623 ... myFICO

as for the paid collection you did, i hope you had an agreement with them to wipe that negative off your report. if you didn't, there's a good chance it's still on there, and you'll see it once you check your CR.

Last edited by S; 04-02-2009 at 12:12 PM..
 04-02-2009, 12:38 PM         #13
Dat Nucca 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 S said:

I wouldn't know which consumer credit report service is best becuz I can pull credit from the big 3 anytime I want for mortgages but they are hard pulls.

But I can tell you from direct experience that if you pay your hal in full every month your credit limits will increase more rapidly. I personally went from 2.5k to 10k in 6 years...along with a few other tricks that helped out
 9 years ago '04        #14
S|S 
space
space
Yeah, when people come in to talk mortgages or, for example, lease agreements for a car, the lender makes a hard pull. As a consumer, we can only pull TU and EQ, and the only real FICO scores come from myFICO.com All other scores are considered FAKO, which aren't real scores. And for those wondering, the scores pulled by a mortgage broker or car dealer won't necessarily be the same score as you pull from myFICO, as scores are weighed specifically depending on what type of credit you're looking to get from a lender. But it's important to point out that these internal scores are based from FICO scores, not FAKO.
 9 years ago '07        #15
[MK] 
space
space
$2,828 | Props total: 438 438
I'm 20 and mines 748.. woop-di-doooo

4 lines of credit, paid in ful every month.

Brand new 2009 Civic Si, and an IRA...

I wanna buy a house soon since the market in michigan has gone in the s**tter.

I saw a 3 acre property with a 3 car garage and a 4 bedroom house for 17,000. I almost s**t myself!!!
 04-02-2009, 08:27 PM         #16
yungb 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pitts Gutta said:

How did you get your Experian score?

Last edited by yungb; 04-02-2009 at 08:30 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #17
S|S 
space
space
Pitts, where did you get your scores from? It's not myFICO (at least not recently) since they no longer offer Experian scores...
 9 years ago '04        #18
damedolla 
space
space
space
$811 | Props total: 0 0
What about annualcreditreport.com.??.You get your one free credit report a year and you can pay for your FICO score, about $8 from each of the 3 bureaus..This is the only official "Free credit report site" backed by the 3 credit bureaus.
 9 years ago '06        #19
Blockburner28 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,349 | Props total: 1426 1426
I used my creditkeeper.com

They have an simulate your credit feature also. So you can see what happens if you pay so and so for 12 months or be late by 1 month and how much your score will raise or drop.
 9 years ago '04        #20
S|S 
space
space
 damedolla said:
What about annualcreditreport.com.??.You get your one free credit report a year and you can pay for your FICO score, about $8 from each of the 3 bureaus..This is the only official "Free credit report site" backed by the 3 credit bureaus.
AnnualCreditReport is the best source to pull your credit reports from on a yearly basis, as it provides more in-depth detail of your accounts. However, the site does not provide you with FICO scores. Your credit reports are free from AnnualCreditReport, and that's really the only thing you should be utilizing the site for. Remember, a credit report and a credit score are two different things.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
100 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
85 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy