Family Guy needs to stop taking shots at the Simpsons....

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
41 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '08        #61
knAwle3ge 73 heat pts73
space
space
$6,245 | Props total: 385 385
 smokeweed101. said:
Especially when the Simpsons have been trash for over a decade, creator should have stuck with Futurama but nope just 30 more seasons of Homer.
I agree with this 100%
 04-01-2009, 05:26 PM         #62
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Liquid-Science said:
being clever then patting yourself the episode show about it isn't the only way of being funny, and South Park doesn't recognize that

people that say they love South Park are the same people that say the love people like Dennis Miller, they just wanna look smart

the 'oh you're too dumb to get it' excuse does not apply to me because I understand the south park eps I stumble across, THEY ARE JUST NOT FUNNY!

Layered jokes in a 20 minute show is stupid...plus what they do is not really layering it's just throwing out a bunch of dumb ironies

you and your annoying friends still probably walk around doing the cartman voice then giving each other high fives like you just re-invented the wheel

South Park's so called edgy outlook on things is just bitterness that it's not 1995 anymore when they were fresh...you could see it in the episode about family guy
The show came out in 1997, and your argument is pointless because whatever you are defenidng be it Famikly Guy, Simpsons, or even the mediocre American Dad you still come to the conclusion that they are cartoons and not too clever, not too original, but the one that does it best is South Park.

I can tell by reading this you haven't watched South Park episodes before it became the common show, before the family guy jokes and before Family Guy was even relevant. SP in its prime is cartoon satire in finest form.
 04-01-2009, 05:33 PM         #63
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilsnatch770 said:
Apparently Matt Groening must have f**ked your mom or something.......
Im speaking the truth, Futurama was a way to end the old dry Simpsons and it was working for some time, Fox and Groening im not sure who it is too blame but still.

Im not here to hate on the Simpsons, just pointing out how it has been mediocre since the era when Maggie shot Burns, if you disagree so be it but don't go out saying the last 14 seasons have been as good or better than South Park that is a joke. McFarlene and Groening both made a separate cartoon because they know their originals are dried out.

I can't think of one show that stays clever and high quality after 6 or 7 seasons, not Simpsons, South Park, Family Guy, Seinfeld, Friends, 70's Show, Cosby, it keeps going. Even though South Park is my fav show I was pissed when they lied about ending it after 10 seasons, because k!lling Chef and making Garrison a woman just doesn't cut it, but that is a new subject.
 9 years ago '07        #64
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,268 | Props total: 15129 15129
Simpsons has sucked since about 97, Family Guy has always been trash to me

and @ the dude that doesnt find South Park funny
 04-02-2009, 02:08 AM         #65
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
The show came out in 1997, and your argument is pointless because whatever you are defenidng be it Famikly Guy, Simpsons, or even the mediocre American Dad you still come to the conclusion that they are cartoons and not too clever, not too original, but the one that does it best is South Park.

I can tell by reading this you haven't watched South Park episodes before it became the common show, before the family guy jokes and before Family Guy was even relevant. SP in its prime is cartoon satire in finest form.
He thinks Jimmy on Steroids is the best episode. Kind of says it all, really. The episode dominated by 2 cripples talking funny and acting dumb is most hilarious to him.

It's pretty clear what type of humour the guy likes:lachen001:. I genuinely doubt he "gets" South Park, or satire itself for that matter. Probably better suited to Epic Movie, Date Movie and that sort of s**te
 9 years ago '06        #66
Big Daddy K8806 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,409 | Props total: 29 29
the simpsons aren't as Family Guy, the simpsons have been fallin off since family guy came out, AMerican Dad is good but it isn't family guy, the only show that can compete wit family guy is south park
 9 years ago '05        #67
casta 
space
space
$293 | Props total: 6 6
what??? family guy didnt fall off....AMerican dad, that s**t is just stupid, a down grade from family guy...simpsons did fall off, but they prolly make a come back
 9 years ago '07        #68
CadillacVyse 944 heat pts944
space
space
$27,684 | Props total: 16982 16982
King of the Hill >>>>>>>
 04-02-2009, 06:48 PM         #69
c_vlasak  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
simpsons is way better than family guy right now. for a very short time family guy was better.

i can hardly be bothered to watch family guy anymore it's just about being offensive and shocking many of their jokes aren't funny.

prlly wouldn't even watch it if American dad wasn't on after it, kinda just bridges the gap.

Simpsons best cartoon ever.
 9 years ago '07        #70
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,608 | Props total: 918 918
simpsons is like the ER of this cartoon s**t. but they do be f**kin up from time to time. that movie was pretty s**t after that long a.ss wait. but i'd still say that have more classic episodes than any of the shows yall are talking about.

right now the simpsons seem to be brett favre-ing it. tons of INTs, but even more TDs. a bunch of missteps, but still enough good s**t to take a dump on most stuff out.

simpsons ftw

Last edited by Jayceon; 04-02-2009 at 07:37 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #71
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,983 | Props total: 3269 3269
Even in the simpsons prime I never understood the hype. Their humor always seemed immature(Even though basically all of the cartoons are), but Simpsons' humor just seems more childish than any of the others. I admit Family Guy is often just randomness even moreso now than it used to be, but I still like it. While I'm not sure if it's as funny as South Park, I like the characters a lot more.
 9 years ago '04        #72
kaph_een 
space
space
$500 | Props total: 10 10
 Junglist said:
When did Family Guy fall off?
immediately after season 3...

...which i think was the last season before they were cancelled. once they came back, man, it was over.
 9 years ago '05        #73
dj cdm 
space
space
$1,804 | Props total: 67 67
How is family guy taking shots at simpsons?
 9 years ago '05        #74
240sx 
space
space
$4,410 | Props total: 1451 1451
They need a new one..
 9 years ago '04        #75
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,502 | Props total: 793 793
 r a n c i d said:
He thinks Jimmy on Steroids is the best episode. Kind of says it all, really. The episode dominated by 2 cripples talking funny and acting dumb is most hilarious to him.

It's pretty clear what type of humour the guy likes:lachen001:. I genuinely doubt he "gets" South Park, or satire itself for that matter. Probably better suited to Epic Movie, Date Movie and that sort of s**te
wrong...it's plain not funny

when I sit down and watch a cartoon, I want to laugh and be entertained, not f**kin get bombarded with pointless ironies from 2 stoners that wanna place themselves on a pedestal

and it's not that I don't appreciate satire and ironies because I think Adam Carolla was pretty much a genius on the radio...South Park is not funny, plain and simple...it was mildly amusing when it first came out that's it
 9 years ago '04        #76
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,502 | Props total: 793 793
 smokeweed101. said:

back when it came out, it was on f**kin comedy central, no one had that s**t the first season then when I caught it I realized it was pretty lame but watchable

south park is lame, it's 4 kids that could cuss, that's all it is at its heart...the satire is over hyped

the last 10 years of south park has been a blah fest and the movie was mildly entertaining...it's something you'd watch at 3am on a sunday night
 04-03-2009, 12:05 PM         #77
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Liquid-Science said:
back when it came out, it was on f**kin comedy central, no one had that s**t the first season then when I caught it I realized it was pretty lame but watchable

south park is lame, it's 4 kids that could cuss, that's all it is at its heart...the satire is over hyped

the last 10 years of south park has been a blah fest and the movie was mildly entertaining...it's something you'd watch at 3am on a sunday night
That's the point though. The fact you only pick up on the 'cussing' speaks VOLUMES about YOU! Not southpark!

Southpark IS too clever for you. I can accept people who dont like it. And that for some people they just don't find it funny.

But not from you. Because you're making it clear that you are a moron.

Get the f**k out of here.
 04-04-2009, 04:20 AM         #78
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Liquid-Science said:
I want to laugh and be entertained, not f**kin get bombarded with pointless ironies from 2 stoners
That is pretty entertaining, you must be a 12 year old who enjoys Meet The Spartans instead, im sure everyone cares about your open humor.
 04-04-2009, 04:24 AM         #79
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Liquid-Science said:

Speak for yourself, I had it. Your parents just didn't allow it.

I find it funny you say the satire is overhyped but good satire gets responses like that out of idiots like you. You notice anything about those kids swearing? The rich black? or the simple non popular Jesus? Yea that is the point of the show dumbass.

Only people who say things like this are religious slaves.
 04-04-2009, 04:26 AM         #80
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:
That's the point though. The fact you only pick up on the 'cussing' speaks VOLUMES about YOU! Not southpark!
True statement, deep comedy can't go anywhere in a shallow mind.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
66 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
190 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
72 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy