Family Guy needs to stop taking shots at the Simpsons....

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
26 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
82 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
17 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-31-2009, 01:36 PM         #41
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Liquid-Science said:
and who the f**k still watches South Park? that s**t is not funny, it's not as clever as it thinks it is either

the only funny episode of South Park in the last 10 years was the Jimmy on steroids ep
That's like saying. "Who still listens to rap, the only good rapper of the last 10 years is Lil Flip"

In that it's a f**king RETARDED statement. It's counter productive. You can't put down a show and then list an average episode as being the only good one. When it doesn't even rank high like that.

Clearly it's Southpark is too "clever" for you, given the Jimmy on Steroids episode is your favourite... pretty f**king clear the 'clever' jokes and well layered episodes are going WAY over your head:lachen001::lachen001:

Family Guy is s**t in comparison to South Park. It's blashpemy to try and argue otherwise.
 03-31-2009, 01:52 PM         #42
KingoBling  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
new simpsons are dope. but show that stepped up the most is southpark. first 3 episodes are hillarious. they going back 2 the classics like Dey took 'er jerbs
 03-31-2009, 03:12 PM         #43
magatsu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well as the thread creator I must state, that I haven't watched South Park since the movie came out when I was a kid and I have absolutely no idea what ya'll talkin about with them taking shots at Family Guy.

All I know is except for a few great episodes hear and there Family Guy hasn't been making me laugh like it used to and even the reruns aren't that entertaining. Instead of wasting time taking shots at The Simpsons they need to work on improving the quality of the show because in my opinion the past couple weeks The Simpsons has been the funnier show.

There isn't any bias towards any of the shows discussed, I just go by what makes me laugh the most that night and for the majority of this season and last its been The Simpsons.
 03-31-2009, 03:17 PM         #44
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 magatsu said:
Well as the thread creator I must state, that I haven't watched South Park since the movie came out when I was a kid and I have absolutely no idea what ya'll talkin about with them taking shots at Family Guy.

All I know is except for a few great episodes hear and there Family Guy hasn't been making me laugh like it used to and even the reruns aren't that entertaining. Instead of wasting time taking shots at The Simpsons they need to work on improving the quality of the show because in my opinion the past couple weeks The Simpsons has been the funnier show.

There isn't any bias towards any of the shows discussed, I just go by what makes me laugh the most that night and for the majority of this season and last its been The Simpsons.
Simpsons has been garbage since 1995, f**k out of here.

No point saying one fell off and the other didn't, SP, FG, and the Simpsons all fell off it should be common knowledge, Family Guy just had the shortest time of quality, South Park had the longest.
 03-31-2009, 03:23 PM         #45
HeavenlySword  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The South Park Movie was the peak of that franchise.........
 9 years ago '08        #46
knAwle3ge 73 heat pts73
space
space
$6,245 | Props total: 385 385
American Dad is starting to get funny now, and I thought that show was a dud. FG needs to quit, they getting cornier and cornier by the second, and South Park still owns all except Simpsons.
 03-31-2009, 03:47 PM         #47
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HeavenlySword said:
The South Park Movie was the peak of that franchise.........
The movie itself was mediocre, but if you mean the time it was made I somewhat agree. I would say they went downward in 02 and turned into a full blown media parody and current event type show.
 9 years ago '04        #48
fatman 
space
space
$1,596 | Props total: 103 103
 Mysteryman said:
Cosign this

After the show came back from cancelled it has just gone downhill

Now every episode is just a collection of random flashbacks and less actual jokes
:applause:

FG hasnt been funny in a looooong time
 9 years ago '05        #49
dj cdm 
space
space
$1,804 | Props total: 67 67
How are they taking shots at the simpsons? plz
 9 years ago '07        #50
eggosiazon 
space
space
$1,788 | Props total: 0 0
simpsons being the longest running television show makes them much better than family guy. don't get me wrong, i do like watching family guy but when you match them up there's no chance.

let's see family guy take shots at south park, they would go down hard
 9 years ago '05        #51
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 46 46
they've been around longer, they're better.

makes total sense.....

picture tube TVs > LCDs
landline phones > cell phones
GameBoy Color > Nintendo DS
VHS > Blu-Ray
8 track > mp3

i won't argue your sentiment that Simpsons > Family Guy, but to use their longevity as a reason as to why they're better is just stupid....
 04-01-2009, 12:07 AM         #52
Motivated  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
everybody in this thread lost for watching cartoons like family guy and american dad.

grow the f**k up LMFAO
 04-01-2009, 12:17 AM         #53
HeavenlySword  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
The movie itself was mediocre, but if you mean the time it was made I somewhat agree. I would say they went downward in 02 and turned into a full blown media parody and current event type show.
No....i mean the movie itself.....it was the perfect middle finger to american media censorship at the time......THEN like....a little after 9/11, just became another parody show of last week's event with an extra thick slice of liberal preachiness on top.....

Yea, they should went out on Bigger, Longer and Uncut and called it a day.
 04-01-2009, 04:15 AM         #54
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daliff89 said:
they've been around longer, they're better.

makes total sense.....

picture tube TVs > LCDs
landline phones > cell phones
GameBoy Color > Nintendo DS
VHS > Blu-Ray
8 track > mp3

i won't argue your sentiment that Simpsons > Family Guy, but to use their longevity as a reason as to why they're better is just stupid....
Especially when the Simpsons have been trash for over a decade, creator should have stuck with Futurama but nope just 30 more seasons of Homer.
 04-01-2009, 04:21 AM         #55
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HeavenlySword said:
No....i mean the movie itself.....it was the perfect middle finger to american media censorship at the time......THEN like....a little after 9/11, just became another parody show of last week's event with an extra thick slice of liberal preachiness on top.....

Yea, they should went out on Bigger, Longer and Uncut and called it a day.
Season 5 was great with the 9/11 paradies, Season 6 had some as well.

The movie was too over the top.
 04-01-2009, 05:34 AM         #56
HeavenlySword  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
Season 5 was great with the 9/11 paradies, Season 6 had some as well.

The movie was too over the top.
............i liked the songs....
 9 years ago '04        #57
S1xth 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,811 | Props total: 166 166
seth macfarlane and matt groening are good friends and both shows take shots at each other, guess people dont look s**t up. anyway i enjoy both shows, both make me laugh and i check for them every sunday. as far as south park goes i liked the show when it had original scripts with crazy s**t going on each week..now they just take real world s**t and tweak it into they're world which to me doesnt take much creativity plus the fact they can/do alot of episodes within 24 hours just shows how much they rely on real world happenings.
 9 years ago '04        #58
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,899 | Props total: 2012 2012
 smokeweed101. said:
Especially when the Simpsons have been trash for over a decade, creator should have stuck with Futurama but nope just 30 more seasons of Homer.
Apparently Matt Groening must have f**ked your mom or something.......
 9 years ago '05        #59
benadreal 
space
space
$3,586 | Props total: 73 73
i don't know how American Dad is still on the air.. that s**t is never funny.

Family guy has fallen off a little but the Happy Qacks was funny.
 9 years ago '04        #60
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,502 | Props total: 793 793
 r a n c i d said:
That's like saying. "Who still listens to rap, the only good rapper of the last 10 years is Lil Flip"

In that it's a f**king RETARDED statement. It's counter productive. You can't put down a show and then list an average episode as being the only good one. When it doesn't even rank high like that.

Clearly it's Southpark is too "clever" for you, given the Jimmy on Steroids episode is your favourite... pretty f**king clear the 'clever' jokes and well layered episodes are going WAY over your head:lachen001::lachen001:

Family Guy is s**t in comparison to South Park. It's blashpemy to try and argue otherwise.
being clever then patting yourself the episode show about it isn't the only way of being funny, and South Park doesn't recognize that

people that say they love South Park are the same people that say the love people like Dennis Miller, they just wanna look smart

the 'oh you're too dumb to get it' excuse does not apply to me because I understand the south park eps I stumble across, THEY ARE JUST NOT FUNNY!

Layered jokes in a 20 minute show is stupid...plus what they do is not really layering it's just throwing out a bunch of dumb ironies

you and your annoying friends still probably walk around doing the cartman voice then giving each other high fives like you just re-invented the wheel

South Park's so called edgy outlook on things is just bitterness that it's not 1995 anymore when they were fresh...you could see it in the episode about family guy
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
34 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
74 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
89 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
65 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
84 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
35 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
57 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
85 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy