Mar 26 - Obama: Marijuana is not a good strategy to spur economy

most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
173 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
37 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
129 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
23 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #41
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,384 | Props total: 16035 16035
yeah the whole history behind its illegalization is foul.. Legalizing it would be the equivalent of introducing water powered cars to the world. It would threaten not only the oil industry, but cotton as well, even paper. Furthermore tobacco most likely, and maybe even the alcohol industry. And of course the prison business. But yea Being barack as it is people are lookin for the littlest thing to call him a kcuf up... so it wouldn't be wise to cosign its legalization..
 03-27-2009, 02:13 PM         #42
Jon Quest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rasheedwallace said:
can you please direct me to anything backing this up?

the article said that no one will be arrested by the feds if it is allowed on the local level...

so yes, i believe he would say go for it.

in his mind, its a political move. not having the blame put on him if it happens. local governments take the fire, not him. the crazy conservative f**ks in this country can cry to their state government if they oppose it. obama can throw his hands up like "hey, i didn't do it!"

this whole situation is unsettling to me. i really didn't appreciate the demeanor in which he took that question today. he joked it off when this is some serious s**t.

the arguments against weed legalization are just so absurd that it drives me mad. criminalization affects so many lives. the number of people (like myself) who have to worry about their employment being at risk every time they blaze up. the prisons filled with prisoners for non-violent weed charges. the drug wars being fought and the families that affects. the trillions we waste in f!ghting the "problem..."

i think its nice there will be no more raids if a state gives the OK to pot. s**t, at least its something. problem is though, people in this country are so damn apathetic that we will not demand legalization. we will just wish, wish away...

obama gets a D+ today from me. he has had a lot of D+ days lately.

i'm pissed he didn't take the question more seriously when he himself was a pot smoker and there is video on the internet of him saying he is a proponent of decriminalization. look, i get it. its politics. but he promised "change" and i ain't seeing a whole lot of it.
thanks for pointin that out. i thought he was just speaking on medical marijuana. i'm very impressed if he is willing to let states make their own rules on marijuana. if just one state legalizes it, all the others will do the same within a 10 year span because they will see what a success it is. i never thought i'd see the day marijuana was legalized, but if it was going to happen, now would be the perfect time because we have the economic argument and the mexican drug cartel argument. not to mention all the other arguments we've always had on our side.
 03-27-2009, 03:03 PM         #43
pmpb 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its not going to happen anytime soon. Regardless if he wants to legalize it, he still has to go through congress. Good luck with those conservative f**ks. If it will happen sooner then later I give it 5 years.
 03-27-2009, 03:08 PM         #44
Jon Quest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pmpb said:
Its not going to happen anytime soon. Regardless if he wants to legalize it, he still has to go through congress. Good luck with those conservative f**ks. If it will happen sooner then later I give it 5 years.
congress is dominated by democrats...
 9 years ago '04        #45
TNWTMP 
space
space
$1,649 | Props total: 13 13
I don't f**k with marijuana anyway. Let that s**t stay banned.
 9 years ago '08        #46
UnkleLuc_ 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,469 | Props total: 159 159
impeach
 9 years ago '06        #47
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 DJ Maximum said:
true although im not a smoker i think ppl still wouldnt know how to act using pot

thing is if they did legalize it more accidents and reckless actions will happen for 1 weed has an effect on u I know i havent smoked before in my life but been around it so much that I know some ppl dont act normally so then they cant be responsible for there actions and then blame weed then that doesnt get us anywhere
weed's not gonna make you slap around your wife like alcohol would
 03-28-2009, 03:17 PM         #48
pmpb 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jon Quest said:
congress is dominated by democrats...
Its really about even. Most of them are over 50 and dont see marijuana the same way we do today. You have to remember the era they grew up in and how the government conditioned them to believe that its a "harmful drug".

Last edited by pmpb; 03-28-2009 at 03:18 PM..
 03-28-2009, 06:12 PM         #49
Jon Quest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pmpb said:
Its really about even. Most of them are over 50 and dont see marijuana the same way we do today. You have to remember the era they grew up in and how the government conditioned them to believe that its a "harmful drug".
o, i thought you were talking about conservatives.
 9 years ago '04        #50
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,771 | Props total: 251 251
why not legalize it and put the similiar restrictions to it like alcohol has s**t there u go
 9 years ago '09        #51
Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389
space
space
$18,418 | Props total: 5 5
Like Many Of You Do "I Smoke The Grass",But I Don't Want Somebody All Purpled Up Fixing My Car Or Flying A Plane. Just Because They Can.Plus Can You Imagine The Prices You Think Cigarettes Are High Shhhee it.
 9 years ago '04        #52
doczdaname 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$12,973 | Props total: 4994 4994
 $h0wtym3 said:
lmao

U can buy stock, im more of an entrepreneur so ima open up a shop called "Munchies", and sell weed, blunts, and snacks
that's called a cannibus club.
 03-29-2009, 11:46 AM         #53
hiphop4ever 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 g.o.a.t91 said:
He's just saying that. I know the day will come, I know it...
hopefully sooner then later
 03-29-2009, 02:02 PM         #54
Absalute_LGX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What's good boxden? I just finished my soundclick page.

I got a bunch of hot beats available for only $20 to lease

I know there is a bunch of dope rappers on this board.

I got some of the hottest beats online. ONLY $20!

If you need beats you can pay easily with PayPal on my soundclick page.
You can also contact me:

email -
phone - (919)641-4061

03-29-2009, 05:26 PM         #55
g.o.a.t91 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 -HIP HOP HEAD- said:
hopefully sooner then later
Hopefully dude, hopefully...
 9 years ago '07        #56
killahkazi 15 heat pts15
space
space
$4,795 | Props total: 39 39
y'all n*gga really love your pot
 03-29-2009, 07:09 PM         #57
pskrilla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daluckychild said:
(CNN) — In a statement that's sure to disappoint many of those who submitted questions to President Obama's virtual town hall meeting, the president made clear Thursday he does not support legalizing marijuana as a means to spur economic growth.

"I have to say that there was one question that was voted on that ranked fairly high, and that was whether legalizing marijuana would improve the economy and job creation," Obama said off-handedly at the town hall. "I don't know what that says about the online audience."

"The answer is no, I do not think that is a good strategy to grow our economy," Obama said to laughter from the town hall participants.

Some of the most popular questions submitted to WhiteHouse.gov in several policy areas were pot-related. Among the top questions was one sent in by a user named "Green Machine":

"Will you consider decriminalizing the recreational/medical use of marijuana(hemp) so that the government can regulate it, tax it, put age limits on it, and create millions of new jobs and a multi-billion dollar industry right here in the U.S.?"

Attorney General Eric Holder said last week federal agents will seek criminal charges against marijuana users only when both state and U.S. laws are violated, a shift from the Bush administration's policy. The decision would effectively end raids on registered medical marijuana providers in the handful of states that have moved to legalize the drug's use for medicinal purposes.

damn:angry12:
 9 years ago '04        #58
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,290 | Props total: 11210 11210
 ddotdukes5 said:
Even if Marijuana was legal nobody is going to buy it because it will be taxed. Everybody will still go to the same supplier.

Who is going going to go to the gas station and say let me get $30 on pump 6, and 3 grams.
i would, s**t. if it saves me from having to buy from connects i don't trust and/or like. i'll pay that tax. if it takes a tax to legalize then i am all for it.

stacks050 said:
In 2003, a government commission recommended legalizing marijuana in small amounts for personal use. But lawmakers never acted, saying legalization might entail loss of their country's U.S. anti-drug certification. Countries that lose it face economic sanctions.

some countries also signed the '1988 UN Convention Against the Illicit Traffic in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances'
thank you.

seems a little soft as a reason. it would be re-classified, therefore it would not be an illegal drug. so i don't really get this logic. we still trade with amsterdam. the world still does too. they aren't quarantined as an entity because they have legalization...
 9 years ago '07        #59
MELODY 25 heat pts25
space
space
$10,418 | Props total: 1857 1857
Weed is a drug that can lead to lung cancer and it can also lead the us to a new crime wave, look at the mexican border. n*ggas robbing other n*ggas for their weed, shootings for territories, etc. Its a street product.
 9 years ago '07        #60
NuffGanja 117 heat pts117
space
space
$35,711 | Props total: 14906 14906
 MELODY said:
Weed is a drug that can lead to lung cancer and it can also lead the us to a new crime wave, look at the mexican border. n*ggas robbing other n*ggas for their weed, shootings for territories, etc. Its a street product.
:new_thumbsdown:

get real

and the only real reason n*ggas are robbing and shooting eachother for weed is because its a black market not being governed with proper laws and limitations.
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
86 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
23 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
23 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
55 comments
1 day ago