Mar 26 - Obama: Marijuana is not a good strategy to spur economy

most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
95 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '08        #1
5516 pageviews
78 comments

daluckychild 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$753 | Props total: 229 229
Mar 26 - Obama: Marijuana is not a good strategy to spur economy

(CNN) — In a statement that's sure to disappoint many of those who submitted questions to President Obama's virtual town hall meeting, the president made clear Thursday he does not support legalizing marijuana as a means to spur economic growth.

"I have to say that there was one question that was voted on that ranked fairly high, and that was whether legalizing marijuana would improve the economy and job creation," Obama said off-handedly at the town hall. "I don't know what that says about the online audience."

"The answer is no, I do not think that is a good strategy to grow our economy," Obama said to laughter from the town hall participants.

Some of the most popular questions submitted to WhiteHouse.gov in several policy areas were pot-related. Among the top questions was one sent in by a user named "Green Machine":

"Will you consider decriminalizing the recreational/medical use of marijuana(hemp) so that the government can regulate it, tax it, put age limits on it, and create millions of new jobs and a multi-billion dollar industry right here in the U.S.?"

Attorney General Eric Holder said last week federal agents will seek criminal charges against marijuana users only when both state and U.S. laws are violated, a shift from the Bush administration's policy. The decision would effectively end raids on registered medical marijuana providers in the handful of states that have moved to legalize the drug's use for medicinal purposes.

[pic - click to view]

http://politicalticker.bl .. my/#more-45366

Last edited by daluckychild; 03-26-2009 at 02:29 PM.. Reason: mispelling

78 comments for "Mar 26 - Obama: Marijuana is not a good strategy to spur economy"

9 years ago '04        #2
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,332 | Props total: 11231 11231
obama is all for decriminalization. he has stated this before he was president. maybe even for legalization. he should legalize it and he probably knows it.

what he just said was political posturing because he knows the type of money that could be generated. however, the conservatives in this country would flip s**t right now. so no pot decriminalization. but what he has done is a step in the right direction. don't blame obama next time you get popped for a sack of good by the cops. yeah i wish he had the balls to legalize or decriminalize, but now there is just so much s**t going on economically on the federal level we cannot afford the debate. so for now, blame your local government and not the feds.

obama has opened the door for states to make their own decisions on pot, laying down charges only when "state and federal laws are broken." no more raids on the clubs in cali like that a*****e bush did.

i say i'm ok with this for now but wish he would have taken the question a lot more seriously...

Last edited by rasheedwallace; 03-26-2009 at 02:37 PM..
 03-26-2009, 02:57 PM         #3
lyricallySha89 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good Ban Marijuana forever!!!!

Last edited by lyricallySha89; 03-26-2009 at 02:58 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #4
Jaysin_305 77 heat pts77
space
space
$3,310 | Props total: 244 244
 lyricallySha89 said:
umm no .
it shoulds have been legal years ago why dont u ban corn and wheat
they are plants as well used for diffrent purposes but u cant ban
crops and plants and trees there should just be a age limit like alcohol
or cigs people been smoking it for decades all law to legalize would only
let them come out of the woodwork . im a pot smoker everyday
so lets get it going obama
 9 years ago '08        #5
daluckychild 17 heat pts17 OP
space
space
space
$753 | Props total: 229 229
 stacks050 said:
:bsflag:

he doesn't want to legalize it because it would loosen the control they have on you. Cannabis is completly safe and has hundreds of uses including fuel, food, clothing, medicine and plastic.

A 12yr old could easily debate anybody against the arguments of legalization because they're ludicrous. It was only made illegal because of political reasons not to protect us.
:applause:

It has more to do with immigration than it has to do with safety... everyone knows pot isnt as harmful as people make it seem...

There have been plenty of documentaries that prove pot is illegal because people in the southwest during the great depression wanted illegal Mexican immigrants to leave so they wouldn't have to compete for jobs...

Look it up
 9 years ago '04        #6
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,332 | Props total: 11231 11231
 daluckychild said:
:applause:

It has more to do with immigration than it has to do with safety... everyone knows pot isnt as harmful as people make it seem...

There have been plenty of documentaries that prove pot is illegal because people in the southwest during the great depression wanted illegal Mexican immigrants to leave so they wouldn't have to compete for jobs...

Look it up
the question i have to posit, though, is why is it illegal EVERYWHERE else though?

north america i get. everywhere else i don't. social control is the only logical explanation in my mind.
 9 years ago '06        #7
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
this is not real good news.... I am hoping he's just saying this so the media doesnt up and run with it
 9 years ago '06        #8
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 rasheedwallace said:
the question i have to posit, though, is why is it illegal EVERYWHERE else though?

north america i get. everywhere else i don't. social control is the only logical explanation in my mind.
I watched an entire presentation given by a former undercover DEA agent and he was all for legalization. He was talking about how if we just regulate it like we did back in the early 1900s we wouldn't have this ridiculous drug problem we have now. We spent 1 trillion on the drug war so far and we have gotten absolutely nowhere, in fact its just made drugs more popular and more valuable.

I don't understand why people give a fu*k if ppl have a joint. Seriously if alcohol is legal, then why not marijuana?? It's money just sitting there.
 03-26-2009, 03:51 PM         #9
g.o.a.t91 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He's just saying that. I know the day will come, I know it...
 9 years ago '04        #10
franchise 60 heat pts60
space
space
$7,723 | Props total: 169 169
hemp can make over 20,000 textiles, theyre fuccking stupid if they dont
 9 years ago '04        #11
haterade2885 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 102 102
 lyricallySha89 said:
you're a f**king tool. please k!ll yourself. im sure you will have enough time on your hands when you arent doing anything but jerking off from friday-sunday
 9 years ago '04        #12
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,862 | Props total: 2013 2013
 lyricallySha89 said:
what a f*g
 03-26-2009, 05:21 PM         #13
$h0wtym3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No No No DONT YOU ALL GET IT

This means Obama supports the legalization of marijuana since he always does the exact opposite of what he says!

Seriously tho I was hoping he would support legalization, then I could of ran around saying I agree with Obama on something
 9 years ago '06        #14
illathruz 65 heat pts65
space
space
$6,505 | Props total: 2306 2306
I think the article gave the wrong spin to Obama's answer. He said he doesn't want us to rely on weed to solve our problems. Most of us can agree with that. He didn't say that legalizing weed was a bad idea. Read between the lines yall, these reporters are crafty and tricky.
 03-26-2009, 05:44 PM         #15
$h0wtym3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 djnovafresh said:
the day they legalize the s**t i'm buy stock in little debbie, hottess, all them snack food companies.
lmao

U can buy stock, im more of an entrepreneur so ima open up a shop called "Munchies", and sell weed, blunts, and snacks
 03-26-2009, 05:46 PM         #16
KillahKonceptZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 djnovafresh said:
Liquor is way worst than Weed, Ciagarettes and Ciagars are even worse also than weed is. Hell everyday over the counter medicines is worst than weed. Hell you got household cleaners worst than weed. I have never heard of anyone od on weed. Never heard no one high on weed and go do a murder ramapage. If they legalize the s**t the states would be a lot better it would have a spike in food cousmption which could get the ecomonic back on track. the day they legalize the s**t i'm buy stock in little debbie, hottess, all them snack food companies.
lmao shyt...even those snack foods are worse than weed

Last edited by KillahKonceptZ; 03-26-2009 at 05:47 PM..
 03-26-2009, 05:48 PM         #17
Zlane 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Obama is a f**kin' poser in my eyes.
I love what the fact that he became president really did for humanity, it showed racism is a crippled beast.
It was a milestone and we can conclude racism hass drastically decreased.

However this motherf**ker personally is JUST ANOTHER POLITICIAN, people seem to mix the fact he's half black with his politics.
He is just as little educated, corrupt and f**kdup as all the others or he would never ever get to where he is at...

Everyone with a brain knows the benefits outweigh the negative consequences of legalizations....

Last edited by Zlane; 03-26-2009 at 05:50 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #18
l0udm0uf 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,678 | Props total: 3 3
if its legalized. it will be good for users

and bad for dealers
 9 years ago '04        #19
infam0uskills 15 heat pts15
space
space
$8,449 | Props total: 5556 5556
he would be crucified by the doubters and resurrected by the believers!

our day will come, us smokers and pro-marijuana people just have to sit tight and wait cause it is slowly coming and when the day is upon us that the prohibition laws of marijuana is finally lifted then this world will finally open their eyes and see the blessing that this plant truly is. this is not just for people to smoke it and get high, there is hundreds if not thousands of other uses for marijuana.

sidenote: if you had a headache and had the option of a naturally grown substance or one that was made in a lab and both made the headache go away. which would you pick? MOST people would just wait and let the government/media tell them which to pick since they believe the government has the people's best interest on their agenda. f**k OUTTA HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE if people cant think for themselves and not blatantly see that there is no REAL negative effect of marijuana then i dont even know what to say anymore but LIGHT UP if you can think for yourself and just not listen to the propaganda that has been told for years.
 9 years ago '07        #20
NuffGanja 117 heat pts117
space
space
$35,711 | Props total: 14906 14906
:rant:
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
81 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
21 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
41 comments
19 hours ago