Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-23-2009, 11:03 PM         #1
14813 pageviews
29 comments

hotjoe316 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Acur tl v.s. Acura rsx type - s

What you guys think would win in a race an 04- acura tl 3.2 with cold air intake v.s. An 02 acura rsx type - s stock... All out overall... 0-60 and quarter mile n 40 mph roll to 100???

29 comments for "Acur tl v.s. Acura rsx type - s"

9 years ago '05        #2
YoungerHov 
space
space
$667 | Props total: 11 11
Co-sign. I've driven both. the TL would smash the RSX.
 9 years ago '04        #3
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,418 | Props total: 3481 3481
I own a TL so I'm biased but the RSX hasn't got s**t on the TL.
 03-24-2009, 01:07 AM         #4
503town_7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
rsx! s**t has better handling than any acura! u can do so much with the rsx and the tl.. well not alot.
 9 years ago '08        #5
knAwle3ge 73 heat pts73
space
space
$6,245 | Props total: 385 385
Rsx is lighter, has a higher rpm, and like dude said above, it has better handling...

Plus the TL doesn't have 6-speed yet, while the RSX does...
 03-24-2009, 07:47 AM         #6
paliknight  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hotjoe316 said:
What you guys think would win in a race an 04- acura tl 3.2 with cold air intake v.s. An 02 acura rsx type - s stock... All out overall... 0-60 and quarter mile n 40 mph roll to 100???
 yourFATazzMAMA said:
Rsx is lighter, has a higher rpm, and like dude said above, it has better handling...

Plus the TL doesn't have 6-speed yet, while the RSX does...
where have you been living?

the TL has had 6-speed since 2004. and both auto and manual TLs would beat the RSX in a straight line. this is a fact. compare stats.
 9 years ago '09        #7
NcAlien 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,435 | Props total: 1356 1356
I think this would be a closer race then many would think i think it depends on the driver of the Rsx-type s.

Rsx Type S
200 hp at 7800rpm(2005 models and later)
142lb/tq
2840 lbs
1/4 mile-15.2s

Acura Tl
258 hp @ 6200rpm
233lb/tq
3480 lbs
1/4 mile-14.8
 03-24-2009, 05:21 PM         #8
paliknight  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NcAlien said:
I think this would be a closer race then many would think i think it depends on the driver of the Rsx-type s.

Rsx Type S
200 hp at 7800rpm(2005 models and later)
142lb/tq
2840 lbs
1/4 mile-15.2s

Acura Tl
258 hp @ 6200rpm
233lb/tq
3480 lbs
1/4 mile-14.8
^^^that TL's 1/4th mile is inaccurate. i own a TL and am ALWAYS on the TL forums. you see 6MT Acura TLs (NOT TYPE S) running low 14s with just intakes.

thats a FULL second ahead of the RSX.
 9 years ago '05        #9
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
$10,316 | Props total: 907 907
it depends what your goin for..

if your tryna race and go fast the the Type S..

but TL's are the s**t.. really nice car..

i got a TSX and im thinkin bout gettin a new TL down the road cuz they are such sick cars

edit: i didnt even read ur post lol, i thought u were asking which one you should buy

TL all day

RSX's are pieces of s**t

Last edited by BurninLz; 03-25-2009 at 04:10 PM..
 03-26-2009, 11:11 AM         #10
diplo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BRAZZ said:
^No need to be biased..That RSX has V-TEC...Yeah V-TEC...A civic has vtec..f*** that car
Civic with a GSR/Type-R swap will walk on a TL in both the quartermile and 0-60

Civic with the RSX motor (k20z1/k20a2) will walk on a TL in both the quartermile and the 0-60.

VTEC is variable valve timing...has nothing to do with s**t when compared to displacement.

The TL is a 3.2L with a s**tload more torque than the 2.0L RSX or 1.8/1.6L civic.....so please..lets not talk about 40mph roll....

TL runs a 14.8 on the quarter...my brother had a b18b1-turbo @ 6psi run a 13.6 on street tires...yeah 6psi on a 1.8L motor...almost half the size of a TL motor.

Ive seen k20a2 RSX motors in Civic EFs run high 12s/low 13s on a good tune all day.

Look up YoSolo in jersey...tuned a stock usdm RSX k20 @ 235hp

and dont even get started on the jdm k20a ITR/Mugen ITR motor

Last edited by diplo; 03-26-2009 at 11:13 AM..
 9 years ago '06        #11
Cauhauna 
space
space
$567 | Props total: 0 0
 diplo said:
Civic with a GSR/Type-R swap will walk on a TL in both the quartermile and 0-60

Civic with the RSX motor (k20z1/k20a2) will walk on a TL in both the quartermile and the 0-60.

VTEC is variable valve timing...has nothing to do with s**t when compared to displacement.

The TL is a 3.2L with a s**tload more torque than the 2.0L RSX or 1.8/1.6L civic.....so please..lets not talk about 40mph roll....

TL runs a 14.8 on the quarter...my brother had a b18b1-turbo @ 6psi run a 13.6 on street tires...yeah 6psi on a 1.8L motor...almost half the size of a TL motor.

Ive seen k20a2 RSX motors in Civic EFs run high 12s/low 13s on a good tune all day.

Look up YoSolo in jersey...tuned a stock usdm RSX k20 @ 235hp

and dont even get started on the jdm k20a ITR/Mugen ITR motor

Are you retarted, idiot boy? No one asked whether or not a modified civic or rsx or whatever other piece of s**t engine you want to drop in some garbage as worthless vehicle is faster than a TL. Smh at your reply.

Seriously, use your brain please. The TL is >>>> than any RSX. Even if you turbocharge your RSX and it runs 11s (not likely) at the end of the day -- you STILL drive a car designed for a 16 year old girl.

LOOK at the f**king rsx. it is made for women. if you are buying this car for your girlfriend, fine. If you are buying it for yourself to look cool -- slit yourself, kid.

Buy the TL. It is classy, smooth, and packed with features. Girls love TLs too. I got to drive my friend's on a 5 hour trip recently and had an absolute blast -- And I'm a muscle kid that drives a mustang GT.

Go figure.

and get that engine swap bs out of here.

lmao
 03-26-2009, 03:08 PM         #12
diplo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cauhauna said:
Are you retarted, idiot boy? No one asked whether or not a modified civic or rsx or whatever other piece of s**t engine you want to drop in some garbage as worthless vehicle is faster than a TL. Smh at your reply.

Seriously, use your brain please. The TL is >>>> than any RSX. Even if you turbocharge your RSX and it runs 11s (not likely) at the end of the day -- you STILL drive a car designed for a 16 year old girl.

LOOK at the f**king rsx. it is made for women. if you are buying this car for your girlfriend, fine. If you are buying it for yourself to look cool -- slit yourself, kid.

Buy the TL. It is classy, smooth, and packed with features. Girls love TLs too. I got to drive my friend's on a 5 hour trip recently and had an absolute blast -- And I'm a muscle kid that drives a mustang GT.

Go figure.

and get that engine swap bs out of here.

lmao
hey moron, he mentioned the civic...as far as an RSX being designed for a 16 year old girl, I beg to differ.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

The RSX (DC5) is a continuation of the DC2 Integra, so swapping an Integra motor into a Civic is not out of this world. The Integra is Honda's luxury/performance version of the Civic.

And if you determine the quality of a car based on picking up b***hes, you need to reevaluate your perspective on life.

I'd buy an RSX for ME, because I want to buy an RSX, not to look cool. s**t, I drive a swapped Civic and I don't drive the b***h to look cool. I've rebuilt every f**king thing on the car and it gets me from A to B. So take that insecure bulls**t about picking up b***hes and living some fantasy life with good credit the f**k outta here, bro. s**t, you probably can't even afford to BUY the muthaf**ka....pay one off in full then come talk in defense of the s**t.

I can get a 2001 RSX Type-S with slight body damage on it for $4900 in the Bronx, get it Kpro tuned by YoSolo, type-R cams, springs/retainers and walk all over that BMW-wannabe TL.

The only luxury Honda/Ac worth buying is a TSX for the Accord Type-R conversion.

And idiot, off a street tune, a stock RSX will beat a TL. Look at the original question, dumbass.

Last edited by diplo; 03-26-2009 at 03:11 PM..
 03-27-2009, 12:07 PM         #13
paliknight  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 diplo said:
hey moron, he mentioned the civic...as far as an RSX being designed for a 16 year old girl, I beg to differ.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

The RSX (DC5) is a continuation of the DC2 Integra, so swapping an Integra motor into a Civic is not out of this world. The Integra is Honda's luxury/performance version of the Civic.

And if you determine the quality of a car based on picking up b***hes, you need to reevaluate your perspective on life.

I'd buy an RSX for ME, because I want to buy an RSX, not to look cool. s**t, I drive a swapped Civic and I don't drive the b***h to look cool. I've rebuilt every f**king thing on the car and it gets me from A to B. So take that insecure bulls**t about picking up b***hes and living some fantasy life with good credit the f**k outta here, bro. s**t, you probably can't even afford to BUY the muthaf**ka....pay one off in full then come talk in defense of the s**t.

I can get a 2001 RSX Type-S with slight body damage on it for $4900 in the Bronx, get it Kpro tuned by YoSolo, type-R cams, springs/retainers and walk all over that BMW-wannabe TL.

The only luxury Honda/Ac worth buying is a TSX for the Accord Type-R conversion.

And idiot, off a street tune, a stock RSX will beat a TL. Look at the original question, dumbass.
a stock RSX will NOT beat a stock TL unless the TL is auto.

and thats not even the TL Type-S. im talking about the base TL.
 03-27-2009, 12:11 PM         #14
paliknight  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 03-27-2009, 07:41 PM         #15
diplo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 paliknight said:
You know how to read, right? And a stock k20a2 tuned will beat a TL type-S. The Type-S runs a 14.8. That is pretty s**tty.

03-27-2009, 07:53 PM         #16
diplo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Seems to depend on the driver...when you shift, etc.

And to the poster who said civics are s**t...f**k outta here..

9 years ago '08        #17
litdes 
space
space
space
$1,294 | Props total: 1044 1044
tl is k!lling the rsx
 03-27-2009, 10:31 PM         #18
paliknight  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 diplo said:
You know how to read, right? And a stock k20a2 tuned will beat a TL type-S. The Type-S runs a 14.8. That is pretty s**tty.
bro, how can you tell me a Type-S runs a 14.8 when edmunds, caranddriver, and members on acurazine with the Type-S have ran 13.9-14.1 STOCK.

and tuning is considered a mod. you cant say stock when the damn car is tuned.
 03-27-2009, 11:17 PM         #19
paliknight  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
here is a timeslip from a member on acurazine with a stock TL-S 6MT

[pic - click to view]

EDIT: his car is on the right.
 03-28-2009, 06:20 AM         #20
tha_ape  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LOL @ timeslips... I think the RSX will take it on a real race track with turns...

But they are different cars. One is a 4-dr sedan, the other is a 2dr sporty coupe.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy