Heavy Rain

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
129 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-15-2009, 11:53 AM         #141
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tiko377 said:
it just seems cage wants to make HIS game nothing wrong with that. kojima might'ev been getting on his nerves and telling him what to do etc.

anyways i cant wait for heavy rain.
yup i rebought a ps2 just to finish indigo prophecy cant fukin wait for this game
 07-15-2009, 12:06 PM         #142
adadfalife607  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^y u buy a ps2...indigo prophecy doesnt work on ur ps3
 8 years ago '04        #143
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990

[pic - click to view]

The true value of a game is measured by a few elements such as gameplay mechanics, graphics, replay value, etc… In most cases, games “fall short of the glory” because they are deficient in one or more areas previously mentioned. In order to compensate for their shortcomings in addition to making a profit, developers often become magicians by using “smoke and mirrors” to pull the wool over gamers eyes. An example of this would be the common hysterical shock value used in below average games such as X-men Origins: Wolverine, Rogue Warrior etc…

Nevertheless, it pains me to say that developer Quantic Dream is a guilty party when it comes to the overcompensation. With their highly anticipated game beginning to surface, Heavy Rain, it becomes very evident that their graphics are the only focus and selling points of this game. It would be safe to say that Heavy Rain is the true definition of “Smoke and Mirrors”

To begin with, it is without a shadow of doubt that Heavy Rain delivers a graphical masterpiece but that’s where it ends. What about the gameplay? From the little we have seen of this game, QTE (Quick Time Events) seems to be only way to control this game. Now do not get me wrong, QTE’s are a great compliment to any game but when it is the main element in a game it takes away from the true essence of gaming. Although it does give the game more of theatrical feel but it seems that becoming more theatrical is the developers main objective.

[pic - click to view]

Furthermore, according to the Gameinformer Magazine (issue 195) Quantic Dream stated that Heavy Rain will cap at 8-10 hours of play. Now for a game that is not highly anticipated or a movie based video game, this would be an acceptable amount hours of gameplay. Nevertheless, it seems as if Quantic Dream was mostly concerned with beguiling gamers with an attractive graphical masterpiece rather than supplying gamers with an overall great gaming experience.

Overall, Quantic Dreams is taking a short cut with their upcoming release. With the suffering economy it is very understandable that developers/publishers would do what it takes to generate revenue but it should not be at the expense of true gaming.

8 years ago '09        #144
Tiko377 1860 heat pts1860
space
space
$15,186 | Props total: 8924 8924
first dissapointing article i have heard from heavy rain hopefully its not just about graphics
 07-15-2009, 03:34 PM         #145
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this guy must be the one person in the world who has not seen all the gameplay footage in the past year. think indigo prophecy with a longer story better mechanics and amazing graphics. I cant see where this guy is coming from the quick time is used yes but even in the trailer it is shown you walk with the left stick camera is the right l1 brings up your thoughts and the right stick will open doors and etc just like indigo prophecy. but hey to each they own
 07-15-2009, 03:51 PM         #146
DarkSidesHero  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ this article. rubbish.
 8 years ago '05        #147
Grown Man Ish 97 heat pts97
space
space
space
$14,105 | Props total: 234 234
i prey 2 god this dude jus a hater
 07-15-2009, 04:19 PM         #148
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Heavy Rain seems damn overrated. I'm glad someone else has the balls to call them on it.
 8 years ago '04        #149
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,593 | Props total: 1013 1013
I really don't see the hype with this game. It's pretty and? Indigo Prophecy had a really small following, and out side of the handful of fans that know about the game like T.O. the casual gamer is really just looking at the visuals and saying "I must have that! It looks f***ing dope!" I don't see this game moving substantial units. That's not to say that it won't be good, but I think the smoke and mirrors reference to this game is pretty accurate. They haven't shown nearly enough gameplay and the casual gamer (who you need to move serious units) knows nothing but the fact that the game looks damn good. k!llzone had disappointing numbers and that was a shooter. I can't see this game performing well at retail. I hope it does though.
 8 years ago '07        #150
Bigakathebeast 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,060 | Props total: 137 137
i loved indigo prophecy

.....just off that i will cop heavy rain
 8 years ago '05        #151
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,614 | Props total: 13673 13673
I haven't been payin attention to this game. After reading this, I'm even less interested. What is the game about it? Is dude in the article just hatin?
 8 years ago '04        #152
Claudinho69 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,009 | Props total: 2046 2046
ofcorse he is hating, he wont even play it 4 another 7 months
 07-15-2009, 07:45 PM         #153
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kuruption81 said:
I don't see this game moving substantial units. That's not to say that it won't be good. I can't see this game performing well at retail. I hope it does though.
im not thinking it will be a blockbuster either until it has had some time on the market and word of mouth spread a bit this s*** is going to spread like swine flu once its out
 07-15-2009, 08:52 PM         #154
C-Murduh187  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TriangleOffense said:
im not thinking it will be a blockbuster either until it has had some time on the market and word of mouth spread a bit this s*** is going to spread like swine flu once its out
I feel the same way! I think it'll get it's props when it gets reviewed a while after the game drops. I can't wait for Heavy Rain though. I really think it will be underrated when it drops...
 8 years ago '04        #155
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,593 | Props total: 1013 1013
 TriangleOffense said:
We'll see. I think there's a core audience for this game. I don't think it will appeal to the masses. What about it is going to make it succeed where IP did not?
 8 years ago '08        #156
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
Yeah, Indigo Prophecy was dope...so was Omicron....i think both games were revolutionary in their own rights

but I gotta say that Mirrors Edge is more of a smoke and mirrors game!
 08-10-2009, 11:54 AM         #157
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Over on the PlayStation.Blog.Europe, they’ve got a great Heavy Rain interview with Guillaume de Fondaumiere, Executive Producer and CEO at Quantic Dream. Guillaume talks in-depth about how the story relates to the four playable characters, and provides much more insight into the psychological thriller. Enjoy!
 8 years ago '04        #158
Born_Loser|M 100 heat pts100
space
space
$42,277 | Props total: 3809 3809
if it wasn't for MW2, this would be my number 1 i give a f**k about game
 8 years ago '04        #159
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
The looks phenomenal. Out at sometime next year.

Don't rub those eyes, the graphics are that good.

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '05        #160
Grown Man Ish 97 heat pts97
space
space
space
$14,105 | Props total: 234 234
this aint new....

game looks dope tho...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago