Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
14 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
65 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #441
StillFree28 27 heat pts27
space
space
$20,498 | Props total: 4816 4816
damn...i need a new one too.
 8 years ago '04        #442
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 694 694
damn son!
 8 years ago '04        #443
The Go 2 Guy 31 heat pts31
space
space
space
$3,715 | Props total: 10 10
damn and here I thought the days of mandatory installs was done..until I read this and played Borderlands awhile ago and that too had a 2gb mandatory install.
 01-30-2010, 11:34 PM         #444
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I would delete everything on my HD if I needed to so this is not an issue at all, I do have a 320 in my living room anyway because I expect an install on all ps3 games.

Side note

it feels good to comment on something heavy rain related Its going to be murder for the next month avoiding everything like I have been for 2 weeks now hell im flat out ignoring any messages on PSN begining 2-11 when the demo comes out

Last edited by TriangleOffense; 01-30-2010 at 11:35 PM..
 01-31-2010, 01:07 AM         #445
graydome  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4.2gb is a bit rude... I'll probably have to delete some stuff... having a 60gb model and a s**tload of Singstar songs limits my options.
 8 years ago '04        #446
Born_Loser|M 100 heat pts100
space
space
$42,284 | Props total: 3811 3811
was pretty much expecting this from the getgo....can't wait to finally get my hands on this, this is number 1 on my 2010 list
 01-31-2010, 01:40 AM         #447
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 graydome said:
4.2gb is a bit rude... I'll probably have to delete some stuff... having a 60gb model and a s**tload of Singstar songs limits my options.
 01-31-2010, 01:57 AM         #448
graydome  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TriangleOffense said:
come on... gotta keep the wifey happy... and its a blast with a few mates around and some beers :dancingcool:
 8 years ago '04        #449
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,773 | Props total: 251 251
i was expecting an install for this, i thought it was gonna be more tho. this game is still gonna be epic.
 01-31-2010, 12:11 PM         #450
C-Murduh187  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Noooooooo!!! Oh well, I'll just have to delete a bunch of s**t if neccessary...
 8 years ago '04        #451
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
I'll merge this with the official thread in a couple days...

this is spoiler free so go ahead and read it... but if you choose not to read it it gets a 19/20

Development spanning three years, led by the controversial David Cage, it was enough to make Heavy Rain one of the most anticipated titles for the PlayStation 3. Heralded as an innovative, surprising, even unsettling, the game of Quantic Dream promised everything. What is it really?

Today, how many games have been a real emotional impact on us all? How many titles have significantly marked the point of thinking only of themselves for several days? We could probably count on the fingers of one hand. That way there, we think Shadow of the Colossus or Braid. Henceforth, it will take about Heavy Rain, whose experience, actual single itself as a reference without equal.

The story of an impossible mourning
Everything begins in happiness. The sky is turquoise and illuminates a beautiful light room with Ethan in March. This wakes up slowly. He takes a shower, then dressed. Architect, it is also the father of two children. Until his wife came in, the player can handle as it wishes: drink orange juice, get to music or draw shots. After a while the rest of the small family eventually go home. You can choose to play with children in the garden. Or, scenes of joy, seemingly innocuous, but which have great importance in empathy development by David Cage. The evening now, the death of the bird of a son, Shaun, confuses and is, one suspects, to confront the child with death for the first time. The following sequence is required already as one of the most shocking in the history of video game (we discover later, but the title has many other). While the family did some shopping in a mall, Ethan loses sight of his son, Jason. He ran to his research (the admirable representation of the crowd, choking and panic that can cause). He finally found the outside on the sidewalk in front. Seeing his father, Jason crossed the street without looking and does not see the car coming. And despite the desperate attempt to save his father from his son Jason was k!lled in front of his parents. Memory is the first time that the death of a child is at the heart of the story of a game and you should see with what infinite modesty traumatic scene is performed: a simple plan on the red balloon the child who is slowly rising to the sky ...

A game where you are the hero
This wonderful introduction not only raises the dramatic core of the adventure ahead, it can also become familiar with the gameplay of the game, based on contextual commands. It carries a small circular motion to open a door. It keeps a key pressed to look through the window. Or it moves the lever for brushing teeth, using the spatial recognition of the Sixaxis, which is, for the first time on PlayStation 3, a successful use. To lead Ethan, you must press R2, the left stick paddle to guide the eye. If the handling was rather rigid (it is not far from Resident Evil), it mostly allows the player to focus on what can be seen on the sets. Heavy Rain comes in fine as one survey in which we alternate between four characters (Ethan, FBI agent Norman Jayden, Madison Paige, a young woman insomniac, the private detective Scott Shelby). All chasing the origami k!ller (a k!ller of children) whose latest victim, a stay is none other than Shaun.

A matter of choice
Heavy Rain then plunges us into a race against time-like descent into hell. A terrifying story that will cause the player to the end of himself and the opposing face of moral choices that we did not expect to see in a video game anytime soon. We obviously do not reveal the content but some situations are of such intensity, such an emotional power that the player finds himself truly helpless against them. This is where Heavy Rain shows its peculiarity (superiority?) On the film through its interactivity. Moreover, the feeling of actually changing the course of the story is intensified by the fact that every action has consequences often irreparable. No Game Over here, because even if one character dies, the investigation still continues. In truth, whatever David Cage had already begun in the very good Fahrenheit here is a form of accomplishment. In Heavy Rain, it does not identify only the characters, their fears become ours, their fates matter to us and eventually even move us, touch us. Even more than in Fahrenheit, the interactive narrative touches the sublime, never abandon a playful dimension essential to further immerse the player in the adventure (the inlay buttons flickering or whirling in critical situations). In this regard, it would be unfortunate (and incorrect) to summarize the gameplay of the game to a succession of QTE. Still, these passages show heady, nervous and consistent (movements follow those characters). Returning to the interactive narrative to highlight how the plot is neat. The multiple investigations play skillfully on their weaving and reinforcing the interest of the player to discover the end of the story (the final twist brilliantly led).

A video game that makes his films
If David Cage knows how a video game, we measure how much the man loves the cinema. References proved a little heavy in Fahrenheit, but here they seem quite similar and always at the service scenario. The art direction, stunning, has, at present, no equivalent in the game. Whether the music (wonderfully themes used), work on the sound (that of rain, background) or image. Let us dwell a moment on this last point in praising the quality of the different atmospheres created. Some rooms, passages, through the use of color, light, enough to cause a feeling of fear or discomfort (the scene of agoraphobia in dazzling form echoes that of the mall, the discovery of apartment of a suspect). To finalize everything, staging achieved a form of excellence is admirable. One thinks, for example the use of split-screens reminiscent of that of a great master of suspense as Brian De Palma. The references do not stop there. These include, but are not limited to, Se7en, to the omnipresence of rain in a city that is not named, Minority Report to the FBI agent or the cinema of David Lynch for some environments. So yes, look photorealistic and the animation are not always flawless (feel a bit robotic characters). Some sequences are not entirely successful (rare) and there is also some inconsistencies in the scriptwriting, which seems inevitable given the scale of the project and the level of demand facing a title of such caliber. But for the excellence of his achievement, his script with many ramifications and because it provides new sensations in a video game (you can actually feel depressed), Heavy Rain itself as a personal work, and most upsetting.

Plusses:
Sensitivity skin deep
A masterful art direction
Some themes never seen in a video game

Minusses
Moving a little stiff
Difficult to move to another title after

8 years ago '05        #452
Grown Man Ish 97 heat pts97
space
space
space
$14,106 | Props total: 234 234
bit of a weird review.......
 8 years ago '04        #453
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
 Grown Man Ish said:
bit of a weird review.......
yeah it was translated from french so you know it's a little rough..but I mean you can get the basic gist of it...
 01-31-2010, 09:55 PM         #454
YOUNGZERO  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No wonder the writing was hard to read.
 8 years ago '06        #455
Blockburner28 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,345 | Props total: 1424 1424
Is this game in 1080p or 720p?
 8 years ago '06        #456
space
space
damn output @ 720p
 8 years ago '06        #457
space
space
nope 720p output :(
 8 years ago '05        #458
TaNk85 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,518 | Props total: 1 1
19/20 lol never seen a 20 point scale
 02-01-2010, 12:18 AM         #459
graydome  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TaNk85 said:
19/20 lol never seen a 20 point scale
hey they're french

Good to see the game might live up to the hype... my expectations for it are huge.
 02-01-2010, 07:16 AM         #460
KenKutaragi_v2  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Heavy Rain Reviewed by JVN - 9.5 or 19/20
Gamalive reviews Heavy Rain : "a never forget game" - 5/5
Gameblog reviews Heavy Rain : "a gem" - 5/5
GamesMaster - 91%
Video Vibes: Heavy Rain Review - 9.7
GamingXP - 92
Playstation Official Magazine UK - 90

Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
112 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
128 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
165 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy