Heavy Rain

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
51 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
47 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
39 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #21
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 Mr.Heismen said:
i plan on gettin it but im lost about it tho is it gonna be more like resident evil but wit out all the guns and f!ghting or like indigo prophecy
My guess is more like IP, but I have no idea. T.O. or k!lla should know.
 03-22-2009, 05:26 PM         #22
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mr.Heismen said:
i plan on gettin it but im lost about it tho is it gonna be more like resident evil but wit out all the guns and f!ghting or like indigo prophecy
below some quote from David Cage that may help you out the bottom one in bold is what you should focus on

For Heavy Rain, we tried to analyze what worked and what didn’t in Fahrenheit, and to go much further. The technology is probably the most visible aspect at this stage of the things we improved: we worked hard on graphics and animations to have believable virtual actors able to convey the kind of subtle emotions we were looking for. But our main efforts went on the core of the experience we wanted to create: the story. I was looking for a different type of story, more grounded, based on real people in real life. I felt strong enough to get rid of all fantasy elements games usually use, and to tell a story based on characters and emotions. I think the scenario is quite unusual for a game, and I hope it will significantly contribute to make HR truly unique.

Game play was also of course at the heart of my design work. Creating immersion even in the simplest interactions, using game play to create emotion while offering an interface that would be simple and accessible without being simplistic, these were some of my goals. Most of all, I aim to put players in the characters’ shoes, make them feel what characters feel. I hope that HR will be strong enough to leave a long lasting imprint in players’ minds, the same way good movies or books do.
Heavy Rain is based on very different paradigms: storytelling is the essence of the experience, not a nice layer. Game play and storytelling are totally interlaced. The game is not based on puzzles or inventories, but on contextual actions, decision making, moral choices. It is not an experience where you can get stuck by tortured puzzles you can only solve in a FAQ on the Internet, it is a journey that you affect by your decisions. Most of all, it aims to create emotional involvement to immerse the player and make him care for the story and the characters. This is not just a nice thing to say, it is really at the heart of all the design decisions we make.

So no, Heavy Rain is not an extension of adventure games. It is a new type of experience based on different paradigms. It aims to prove that it is possible to tell a story in a game through game play and not cut scenes, to create an exciting experience defined as an emotional journey, not targeting kids but an adult audience, with mature material dealing with real people and not superheroes. I know that’s a lot. But this is what I like about my job ;-)
 03-22-2009, 05:26 PM         #23
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mr.Heismen said:
You seen the trailer? when the chicks goes into a house and f!ghts some fat guy?, that exactly how the game will be, you will move her around with actions happening via QTE.
 03-22-2009, 05:28 PM         #24
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DA DOPEMAN said:
You seen the trailer? when the chicks goes into a house and f!ghts some fat guy?, that exactly how the game will be, you will move her around with actions happening via QTE.
that part isnt even going to be in the game but I have a feeling it will be the playable demo we get if we get one

As I explained during the presentations, the scene we showed called “The Taxidermist” is not a part of the main narrative of Heavy Rain. It is just a short story we created to illustrate some key concepts of the game, especially the interface and the player’s actions can impact the story.
 9 years ago '05        #25
Chuck_Remixed 251 heat pts251
space
space
$17,108 | Props total: 3555 3555
Yeah i don't think it will be for everyone, but it looks and sounds cool thats for sure.
 9 years ago '06        #26
Blockburner28 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,341 | Props total: 1419 1419
I know I will get this on day 1. Reason being I beat Indigo Prophecy last year and right after I finished I told my wife why didn't they never made any other games and a few months later what do you know a Heavy Rain trailer popped up :D. Btw that was only game my wife looked at me play from start to finish and she was all in it lol
 9 years ago '05        #27
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,334 | Props total: 1669 1669
Indigo Prophecy is one of my favorite games of all time. What a well written story, perfectly executed and memorable settings.

Too bad this isn't going to be on the 360, or else it would've been an instant first day cop.
 03-23-2009, 04:23 AM         #28
graydome  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this is right up there with the games i'm most looking forward to... should round out the year nicely
 03-23-2009, 07:50 AM         #29
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 graydome said:
this is right up there with the games i'm most looking forward to... should round out the year nicely
I just hope that it doesnt get lost in the holiday barage of bulls**t games I know this is #2 on my list of must own games this year so i can not wit for this to come out
 9 years ago '05        #30
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,080 | Props total: 10755 10755
 kuruption81 said:
My guess is more like IP, but I have no idea. T.O. or k!lla should know.
it will be exactly like IP from what I understand... still use the Right trigger to walk, move him around with the left stick.. QTE's all over the place, nice puzzles.. etc

man I can't wait for this, i PRAY it sees a 2009 release
 9 years ago '05        #31
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,334 | Props total: 1669 1669
IMO, this'll be the game that'll push me to buy a PS3 if it gets good reviews (which I expect it to).

By then the PS3'd have a solid enough line-up to warrant a purchase. k!llzone 2, Uncharted, Resistance 1 and 2, MGS4, Heavy Rain..s'all I need.
 9 years ago '05        #32
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,080 | Props total: 10755 10755
 Left Hook said:
IMO, this'll be the game that'll push me to buy a PS3 if it gets good reviews (which I expect it to).

By then the PS3'd have a solid enough line-up to warrant a purchase. k!llzone 2, Uncharted, Resistance 1 and 2, MGS4, Heavy Rain..s'all I need.
damn you just shy 1 game, might as well jump in lol
 03-23-2009, 04:01 PM         #33
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
For those that never saw it and want to see how the game is, this in game gameplay demo will show you just that, check it out. AMAZING VISUALS

- In this demo, the player takes the role of a young journalist who is investigating on several girls' disappearances, she goes to a house of a taxidermist who is suspected of k!lling these women. In this presentation, the Producer of the game shows 2 different ways to finish this demo, there are lots of different ways to get through the story.

- Multiple view camera system, not always behind the girl.

- The demo is fully playable, no cut-scenes, the player can control the girl at any time.

- The Sixaxis motion sensor is used in the game to make different moves (open a window, raise or hit on an object, etc.).

- It is possible to hear what is happening in the mind of the character, so the player knows the different choices that are available.

- No loadings in the game!

- Backgrounds are fully interactive (all objects can be used, all doors can be opened, etc.).

- Very interesting Split Screen System to keep an eye on the murderer, control the character at the same time.

- The player has to maintain several buttons to stay hidden, uncomfortable situation for the player to reproduce the same stress in the game.

- Quick time events for some action scenes.

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 03-23-2009 at 04:20 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #34
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
It's beautiful :sad5:

Really gettin tired of the CELL making me s**t my pants
 9 years ago '06        #35
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,314 | Props total: 1083 1083
:wow:
 03-23-2009, 04:39 PM         #36
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I like the choices, I wonder if they got another where you k!ll the fat guy?
or perhaps this scene is all about running away?, I would imagine a game like this needs many scenarios and choices to make it interesting and add replay value.
 9 years ago '06        #37
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
Looks like a potential "Masterpiece not made for the Casual Gamer" Does it get any better than that?
 9 years ago '06        #38
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 DA DOPEMAN said:
I like the choices, I wonder if they got another where you k!ll the fat guy?
or perhaps this scene is all about running away?, I would imagine a game like this needs many scenarios and choices to make it interesting and add replay value.
I doubt the game has a "linear" story. I'm guessing once the Official Heavy Rain thread is made, all people will be discussing is how they played ______ & ______ differently while all ending up in different scenarios unlike how the normal game threads go. The multiple possibilities itself will automatically add replay value IMO.

Matter fact make the Official thread already so i can feel a step closer to release thanks.
 03-23-2009, 06:03 PM         #39
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KSoraci7 said:
Matter fact make the Official thread already so i can feel a step closer to release thanks.
it would take some work from a mod to get all the s**t me dopeman and Ill have posted about this game in the last 6 months but I agree get er done

*slaps self for actually saying that phrase*
 9 years ago '04        #40
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
 TriangleOffense said:
it would take some work from a mod to get all the s**t me dopeman and Ill have posted about this game in the last 6 months but I agree get er done

*slaps self for actually saying that phrase*
I'll make the Official threead now if ya'll think a game that's coming out in '10 is ready for one...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
86 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now