Heavy Rain

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
163 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
99 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #341
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990

[video - click to view]

Sony Corp demonstrated the final build of the title Heavy Rain for the Playstation 3.

In the new video, a main character is briefed on a crime scene. The user can ask a range of questions from ‘Identity’ to ‘Witnesses’ in order to pry further into mystery.

Heavy Rain is an interactive thriller that will include four characters and a wealth of choices that determine the fate of each.

It holds a pre-sale price of $56.99.

Amazon is offering a the Heavy Rain Chronicles: Chapter 1 - The Taxidermist pre-order bonus with each advanced purchase.

The title will be released on Feb. 23 to U.S. retail.

we will be first in line to get our copies.
 01-15-2010, 12:01 AM         #342
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I got a pretty nice email today that I almost didnt open but after talking to said emailer he told me that it contained no spoilers just Cage talking so check this out especially the first sentence and expect that to be the demo coming soon. They can see the finish line looks like 2-23 should be a solid date

Memory
David Cage
Co-CEO, Quantic Dream
Writer/Director, Heavy Rain

Two weeks to the Beta and still battling with memory. The game is now installed on the hard disk and this speeds up loading time. I'd like to find an idea when installing it. I know how frustrating it can be to buy a game and then have to wait ten minutes while it's installed on the hard disk. I'm keeping that idea in the back of my head, I'm sure there must be something we could think of.

I spend a lot of time on the direction, improving the scenes where the characters are introduced, particularly making sure they're introduced in the most effective way possible. It's difficult to interact with the team during this period and to talk about Artistic Direction. Everybody is completely focused on the bug report, especially the bugs that are flagged "Beta Failure" and that could cause… Beta failure. I can't wait to get going. I'm trying to make as much progress as possible with the people available to me. I get the impression I'm doing the AD in secret. I am impatient to get through with all this and get over with the Beta to be able to really work on the artistic aspects of the game.

A few more redrafts (yet again). I'm still surprised at how simple and fast we can make adjustments to the game play in scenes right up to the last minute. I'm trying not to overdo this. The advantage of the HR format is precisely that we can structure the game play of scenes in different ways without changing their nature. On condition that we make the right decisions. The team really liked Jayden's addiction scene in the motel room after our last redraft. Perhaps it could serve as an example for another scene earlier in the game. I'm thinking about it…

Good feedback too from our redraft of the first scene in the game. Just as well, it wasn't easy…

Lots of marketing/press contacts again this week: a marathon interview for the US (three pages of questions), an interview with a French TV channel and a festival in Paris (the Video Games Festival). I always really enjoy meeting players and journalists. I'm happy to talk about what I do and to share my passion for my work. But just two weeks away from the Beta, I have to admit that I'm reluctant to leave the studio.

I answer written interviews between midnight and two in the morning, which leaves my days free to get on with the work. I'm going to spend a day meeting the French press at the Video Game Festival. Paradoxically, we focused our attention more on the foreign press than the French press and I can feel this lack of information in some of the articles. Let's hope this day spent with the French press will bear fruit. I can tell from some of the questions I'm asked that the journalists aren't all as well informed as their foreign counterparts…

I go back to the Festival on Sunday for a public presentation of the Hold Up scene, which we already presented at Koln. It's an opportunity to show the last remaining unbelievers that HR is not a succession of QTEs...

Guillaume is in Japan for TGS and so Caroline accompanies me, playing while I comment on the game. Very good reactions, meetings with fans, everything works out well. I avail of the opportunity to have a quick look round the fair with my son and try out the latest releases before Christmas (kids never lose their sense of priorities…).

No connection: my son has finished Batman. I didn't have time to play. Going by his recent Batmania, he seems to have liked it.
 8 years ago '04        #343
space
space
Hi everyone! More exciting Heavy Rain news – I’m pleased to confirm that the official is now live. You can head over there right now to check out screenshots, character info and videos. But that’s not all – you can also find out about ‘Four Days’ – the Heavy Rain Online Experience…

‘Four Days’ is a live online mystery which plays out in real time across three weeks, beginning on January 26th. You’ll be able to get involved in the hunt for a k!ller – interacting with characters, identifying clues, making decisions. Between Tuesday and Friday of each week there will be daily tasks for you to complete, or puzzles to solve. Along the way, you may well discover some cool exclusive content – but just as importantly, you won’t find any spoilers that will ruin your experience of playing Heavy Rain itself!

Look out for further updates on ‘Four Days’ over the next few weeks, and register now at the official site to make sure that you don’t miss the start of the hunt. If you do, you’ll also get a voucher code for an exclusive Home t-shirt. You may discover that there is more to it than meets the eye…

[pic - click to view]

On a separate note, many of you will have seen my earlier blog entry about the Heavy Rain Special Edition; to whet your appetites even more, I thought I’d give everyone a glimpse of the full contents…

[pic - click to view]

01-17-2010, 01:34 AM         #344
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
HeavyRainPS3.com
to me

show details 2:28 AM (4 minutes ago)

Welcome to Four Days: The Heavy Rain Online Experience.

When the time is right you will embark on a unique series of three live
four-day challenges that will draw you inexorably into the universe of
Heavy Rain.

Be warned, we're stepping into a dark world here. Stay alert at all times.
Anything you see or learn or hear - you may need later. You'll be contacted
via this email throughout the experience, directing you towards different
leads in the investigation.

The first four-day challenge will suck you into the fracturing mind of a
nascent k!ller. You need to know your prey to catch him. Keep your eyes
open, even as his malign influence starts to impossibly spread... and most
important of all, don't fall under his spell...

The second challenge is where you start helping. Detecting. Protecting.
Collecting and analysing evidence. Using your brain. Building a profile.
Talking to witnesses. Using subtlety, tact, imagination. The k!ller must be
found. You can be an important part of that. So don't mess up...

The third and final challenge is the endgame. If you've proved your worth,
you’ll be propelled to the highest levels of the investigation. But to
succeed, you'll need to re-enter the k!ller's psyche. Gaze into that abyss
again. You'll need to break all the rules to find your suspect. There are
multiple suspects. Which one is guilty?

Make your decision, and live with the consequences. Because in the end,
it's your call.

The clouds are gathering. The sky is darkening...
 8 years ago '04        #345
Jae_Hood_354 135 heat pts135
space
space
$8,489 | Props total: 3278 3278
@ill one everytime i try to sign up it goes to a error page when i hit submit
 8 years ago '04        #346
MysticSSJosh 
space
space
$1,217 | Props total: 0 0
so i'm sure this has been asked a lot, but if its getting close to release date, have they set some type of concrete completion of single player story? I remember a few months back it was around only 10-12 hours? I'm sure a lot of replay value though.

Last edited by MysticSSJosh; 01-17-2010 at 02:12 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #347
space
space

[pic - click to view]

THE ESRB posted it's rating for the PS3 exclusive thriller "Heavy Rain". As expected by many people perhaps the game is getting a "M" rating. The ESRB also decided to write a mini novel describing why the game will be receiving this rating.

Here is the entire ESRB report on why this game deserves an M. (VERY MINOR SPOILERS Listed in description)

In this cinema-style action game, players control one of four main characters whose lives are altered by events surrounding the investigation of the Origami k!ller, a serial k!ller who kidnaps children in public places. Gameplay consists of controlling a character in a fully interactive environment; choosing a variety of action-, dialogue-, and decision-paths based on on-screen prompts; and watching as cinematic cutscenes progress the somewhat dark (film noir-style) storyline.

Players may encounter victims at various crime scenes: a woman (fully clothed) in a bathtub tainted with blood; a child under forensic examination (though the scene is largely narrative and clinical, with no depiction of victim's face or signs of trauma). More direct depictions of violence include the following: a woman squirming and screaming as she catches on fire; a man impaled in the chest with a power drill; a female attacked in her own home by masked male a.ssailants (the scene is prolonged); and a man shot (shown in slow-motion) by police officers. Blood sometimes accompanies the acts of violence—whether triggered or viewed passively.

The most intense instance of violence occurs during a "lizard trial" sequence in which players' character, Ethan, is forced to cut off a segment of his own finger to save his son's life: Several instruments (saw, scissors, knife, etc.) can be used to remove the finger; and though the camera pans away from the actual dismemberment—instead the blade, the blood, the scream—the scene's poring focus on Ethan's psychological tenor/terror (the dread deliberation before the cut) may be unnerving for some.

The game contains s3xual content and nudity. Shower cutscenes may depict a male character's bare butt; if players control the female character, her brea$ts and buttocks are also briefly visible. A more prolonged instance of nudity occurs during a female character's investigation of a seedy club owner: After getting him alone in a room, the player-character is asked to strip; at gunpoint, she dances topless in front of the man. The game also contains a prompt-based love scene (kissing and rubbing) in which players match on-screen cues to angle characters' mouths, remove shirts and blouses, unhook bras, and lower to the floor; a woman briefly appears topless amidst the dark shadows and heavy breathing—actual s3x is never depicted as the camera fades to black.

The camera does not fade on characters addicted to the fictional drug Triptocaine, referred to as "dope" in the game: Players may see a character trembling next to open vials; lines of cut white powder on a table; and a man staggering from the drug's ill-effects, as the screen turns blurry. Consumers may also wish to know that the game contains strong profanity (e.g., "f**k," "motherf**ker," "sh*t," and "a*shole"). Overall, the game's highly evolved motion-capture graphics (advanced renderings by 2010 standards) sharpen the sense of realism, increasing the impact of some aspects of pertinent content (the nudity, blood, violence, etc.).
 01-17-2010, 02:11 PM         #348
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jae_Hood_354 said:
@ill one everytime i try to sign up it goes to a error page when i hit submit
overloaded servers continue to try you will get through took me 5 tries last night the EU forums are flooded with this s**t
 8 years ago '04        #349
space
space
 TriangleOffense said:
overloaded servers continue to try you will get through took me 5 tries last night the EU forums are flooded with this s**t
yea i finally got in but how do we login theres no clickable thing to login to play the 4days challenge , yea i know the mini game dont start til next week but how can we play if we cant login
 01-17-2010, 08:58 PM         #350
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jae_Hood_354 said:
yea i finally got in but how do we login theres no clickable thing to login to play the 4days challenge , yea i know the mini game dont start til next week but how can we play if we cant login
Expect an email with the first clue ....

When the time is right you will embark on a unique series of three live
four-day challenges that will draw you inexorably into the universe of
Heavy Rain.
 8 years ago '05        #351
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,061 | Props total: 10743 10743

First review.. 9/10
 8 years ago '07        #352
Jeet Kune Do 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,067 | Props total: 1840 1840
i can't wait for this game
 01-18-2010, 08:37 AM         #353
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P-Hill said:

First review.. 9/10
its taking all my self control to not read that
 01-18-2010, 08:49 AM         #354
KenKutaragi_v2  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Review scans ->
 8 years ago '07        #355
Jeet Kune Do 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,067 | Props total: 1840 1840
Triangle if you read that, I will lose all respect for you as a fellow heavy rain enthusist(sp)

Last edited by Jeet Kune Do; 01-18-2010 at 08:52 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #356
space
space
In the latest issue of OPM, Quantic Dream bossman, David Cage, that there will not be a Heavy Rain 2, even though the first game has not yet released.

“I don’t want to do a sequel because I’ve said what I had to say about these characters and this story,” he said.

“Honestly, I have nothing else to say,” he further added.

Explaining the reasoning behind the game’s “Chronicles” DLC, he said: “The game tells a full story, nothing is missing from it. The approach to DLC was to say, let’s work on prequels. What led the characters to be who they are in Heavy Rain? What happened to them before?”

OPM gave Heavy Rain a 9 out 10, pretty good...you think?
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '05        #357
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,061 | Props total: 10743 10743
At least we know the game won't end in a cliff hanger..
 8 years ago '04        #358
restless4207 
space
space
$2,713 | Props total: 14 14
question, when you ppl say not to post spoilers and then post a video showing you gameplay of 10-15 minutes of heavy rain...

that isnt considered a spoiler?

i have deliberately tried not to watch any of the videos you guys have posted, i know a couple of the scenes from the game already.... arent those scenes GAMEPLAY? arent these videos spoiling some of the game for you guys ?!?
 8 years ago '04        #359
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
In the latest issue of OPM, Quantic Dream bossman, David Cage, that there will not be a Heavy Rain 2, even though the first game has not yet released.

“I don’t want to do a sequel because I’ve said what I had to say about these characters and this story,” he said.

“Honestly, I have nothing else to say,” he further added.

Explaining the reasoning behind the game’s “Chronicles” DLC, he said: “The game tells a full story, nothing is missing from it. The approach to DLC was to say, let’s work on prequels. What led the characters to be who they are in Heavy Rain? What happened to them before?”

OPM gave Heavy Rain a 9 out 10, pretty good...you think?
Posted via Mobile Device
as long as theres plenty of dlc story missions i wouldnt care much for a part 2
 01-18-2010, 01:56 PM         #360
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Im really hating this month, Everytime I come in here I get worried Im going to catch a small glimpse of something I dont want to see ... anyway check out this FAN made commercial

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
9 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy