Heavy Rain

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
19 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
30 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
46 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-20-2009, 10:52 PM         #1
42827 pageviews
941 comments

TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Heavy Rain

[pic - click to view]

In Heavy Rain, the character animation is unprecedented; how much further do you believe the technology your using can go? Or have you pushed it to its limits?

Certainly not. We can go much further. The quality of the MoCap can of course still be improved, but also how we use it to create believable attitudes and postures, how we mix it with procedural animations or physics. Although we worked a lot on these aspects in HR, there is still a lot to do in order to make the player believe he controls a real human being.

Of everything you showed at Leipzig, how much is likely to make it into the final product?

As I explained during the presentations, the scene we showed called “The Taxidermist” is not a part of the main narrative of Heavy Rain. It is just a short story we created to illustrate some key concepts of the game, especially the interface and the player’s actions can impact the story.
Heavy Rain is about real people in a real world confronted to real problems. No sci-fi, no magic, no supernatural powers. I think our media is now ready for more subtle stories. We don’t need to save the world or destroy the evil monster to tell something exciting anymore.
Heavy Rain is not an extension of adventure games. It is a new type of experience based on different paradigms. It aims to prove that it is possible to tell a story in a game through game play and not cut scenes, to create an exciting experience defined as an emotional journey, not targeting kids but an adult audience, with mature material dealing with real people and not superheroes. I know that’s a lot. But this is what I like about my job ;-)
For the full interview click this -
[pic - click to view]

http://www.nowgamer.com/n .. iew-david-cage

Thanks to Kotaku for posting a little nothing about the interview very good read

[pic - click to view]

Official Quantic Dream Site

[pic - click to view]

Quantic Dream Talks About Heavy Rain 11-20-07

[pic - click to view]

Heavy Rain Tech Demo (With Video)

[pic - click to view]

David Cage Talks Emotion

[pic - click to view]

Heavy Rain Will Get A Demo Possible DLC

[pic - click to view]

Here's how Heavy Rain Control's Work

[pic - click to view]

Heavy Rain Keeps Going Whether you die or not

[pic - click to view]

Heavy Rain Vital Stats

[pic - click to view]

Some Great Concept Art

[pic - click to view]

Great interview With David Cage

Last edited by TriangleOffense; 12-10-2009 at 11:43 PM..

941 comments for "Heavy Rain"

9 years ago '04        #2
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
Game is gona be crack...can't wait for this either...
 02-20-2009, 10:58 PM         #3
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
Game is gona be crack...can't wait for this either...
by far #1 on my most wanted list now. The more and more I read about it the more interested in the game I become.
 02-24-2009, 10:47 AM         #4
88'  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Quantic Dream’s David Cage has revealed that he has “many plans” to create DLC for his upcoming PS3 title, Heavy Rain.

When asked in our recent interview (featured in the latest issue of D+PAD) whether there was much scope for DLC in Heavy Rain, Cage replied:

“Honestly, my focus is on putting as much content as possible on the Blu-ray. We have many plans for DLC, but I won’t work on them until the game is finished and fully satisfying. Games are expensive; my focus is to give as much as I can to gamers for their money.”

Cage last teased the possibility of Heavy Rain DLC back in August when he stated to Eurogamer that it was “definitely a possibility.” His latest comments suggest that DLC may definitely be on the way.

Sounds good to me.
 02-24-2009, 11:59 AM         #5
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 88' said:

“Games are expensive; my focus is to give as much as I can to gamers for their money.”
:agreement6::applause:
 9 years ago '04        #6
Jae_Hood_354 135 heat pts135
space
space
$8,488 | Props total: 3276 3276
i cant wait im def coppin heavy rain
 02-25-2009, 01:34 AM         #7
FaceMob  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
When does this drop? I just got Indigo Prophecy for PS2 the other day and the sh*t is hot. (I know Im late)
 02-25-2009, 02:31 AM         #8
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FaceMob said:
When does this drop? I just got Indigo Prophecy for PS2 the other day and the sh*t is hot. (I know Im late)
TBD Est 2009 look for it in quarter 4 most likely but Quantic Dream has not given an official date
 02-26-2009, 02:32 PM         #9
Double S  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TriangleOffense said:
TBD Est 2009 look for it in quarter 4 most likely but Quantic Dream has not given an official date
Yeah definately cant wait
 02-27-2009, 01:56 AM         #10
graydome  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i bet this won't drop til 2010. This could be one of the biggest games this gen.
 9 years ago '04        #11
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,662 | Props total: 515 515
I love the way he thinks. Put as much as you can into the final product, don't just half a.ss it, and give us some DLC a day after the game comes out.
 03-16-2009, 01:44 PM         #12
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Killer App - An interview with David Cage, here is full interview

page 1-

After spending three years in pre-production, fifteen months writing and almost two hundred days motion capture shooting, Quantic Dream’s David Cage is ready to talk more about his studio’s upcoming PS3 title, Heavy Rain; a game that he hopes won’t just prove to be an outstanding dark thriller, but a title that will forever change the face of the industry.

heavyrain1D+PAD: Heavy Rain is a brand new IP for Quantic Dream, but just like your previous title, Fahrenheit, you’re looking to break boundaries with storytelling in video games. How do you go about starting a project like Heavy Rain? Do you look at what worked well in Fahrenheit and expand upon those elements, or is it a completely different process?

David Cage: After Fahrenheit, we spent a lot of time reading critics’ opinions and listening to gamers. We also had many things we were not happy with and that we wanted to rethink and change. At the same time, we did not start thinking of Heavy Rain as a sequel, but I had the feeling we found something with Fahrenheit that I wanted to explore further. These ideas of letting the player tell the story through his actions using Bending Stories, of considering the experience as an emotional journey with moral choices, of having short and varied scenes, of moving the challenge from the controller to the mind of the player, all these were interesting concepts that could significantly be improved. But we also had many new ideas that we wanted to implement regarding gameplay and a new technology that allows us to improve the quality of the immersion.

If I had to summarise my motivation for Heavy Rain, it was to create an emotional simulator, use all means to make the player feel something, making an experience rather than just another video game. To achieve this goal, I thought that Fahrenheit opened the way, but that there was much more to do.

Heavy Rain is looking to blur the line between video games and movies. Were you inspired by the work of any particular film creator/director for Heavy Rain, or is the game entirely your own vision?
heavyrain2You are always inspired by other people’s work, not only movies, but also books, TV series, comics, paintings, art in general. Heavy Rain is a dark thriller and I am sure people will find connections with some films we all liked like Silence of the Lambs or Seven. I also really liked a Korean movie call Memories of a murder and other Asian films. I like Asian cinema, but I also appreciate some Spanish or Spanish-speaking directors like Guillermo del Toro (Pan’s Labyrinth), Alejandro Inarritu (21 Grams, Babel) or Alejandro Amenabar (The Others).

What’s really different for me on Heavy Rain is that it is the first script I’ve written for a game that refers to things I have personally experienced in my life. In most other art forms this is quite usual, but it was something weird to do for me in a video game. Most games talk about rookies going to the battlefield or heroes f!ghting against the forces of evil, situations that few people actually experienced in their own lives, so they can only try to figure out what it means for their characters.

Heavy Rain is of course not based on my private life, but it is based on emotions that I have experienced myself, which will - I hope – support the story I want to tell and make its emotions more believable. I think our media is now mature enough to tell more personal stories, and I hope that more game designers will start talking about more personal things, because this is how other art forms reached maturity and more complex and interesting forms.

This is probably my main expectation from next gen games. Rather than displaying more polygons or having a physics engine, they should start to offer meaning.

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 03-16-2009 at 01:48 PM..
 03-16-2009, 03:37 PM         #13
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thanks bruh
 9 years ago '06        #14
WhoSentU 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,579 | Props total: 561 561
I am sure people will find connections with some films we all liked like Silence of the Lambs or Seven.

Two of my favorite movies. I have a feeling Heavy Rain is gonna be :jawdrop:
 9 years ago '04        #15
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
 WhoSentU said:
I am sure people will find connections with some films we all liked like Silence of the Lambs or Seven.

Two of my favorite movies. I have a feeling Heavy Rain is gonna be :jawdrop:
Word man Se7en is on my top five list for movies...Silence is dope as hell too...this game looks and sounds crack...can 't wait...
 03-22-2009, 01:57 PM         #16
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This will be a great game that gets trashed because it is mostly QTE, not understanding that if you look passed that you will realize why it is a great game.
 9 years ago '04        #17
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,593 | Props total: 1013 1013
You're probably right as far as gamers go, but I think it will be well received by reviewers. I wouldn't go as far as to call this game a "Killer App" though. This game is going to be hit or miss the same way Indigo Prophecy was. Very, very ambitious project all things considered.
 9 years ago '06        #18
Mr.Heismen 
space
space
$3,163 | Props total: 7 7
i plan on gettin it but im lost about it tho is it gonna be more like resident evil but wit out all the guns and f!ghting or like indigo prophecy
 03-22-2009, 04:49 PM         #19
helghastxmfdpwn  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
can't wait for it
 9 years ago '04        #20
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,593 | Props total: 1013 1013
The fact that you think it's going to be the s**t is irrelevant, this game isn't going to be for everyone. Same as Indigo Prophecy. Casual gamers aren't going to flock to something like this. A few will because of the gorgeous visuals, but the majority won't. It's why games like this, Shenmue, Beyond Good & Evil and Indigo Prophecy don't sell well historically.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
63 comments
24 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy