most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Somebody explain the rap chain game to me
14 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Most Overrated Producer
99 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 4 years ago '06        #21
Beantown Bully 12 heat pts12
space
space
$2,159 | Props total: 1 1
Get a bunch of credit cards

Buy goods that will increase in price

Sell those goods at a profit

Don't pay 1 bill

Keep all the cash

Pay for everything in cash and stay off the grid

**Plan for American 2013 and Beyond**

All of this mumbo jumbo about credit was great advice, prior to September 11, 2001

Now it's every man/woman/child for themselves

Last edited by Beantown Bully; 08-21-2013 at 11:38 AM..
 4 years ago '04        #22
Duntaz 57 heat pts57
space
space
$13,089 | Props total: 5279 5279
 specialk103185 said:
If you don't have a credit card, get one--even if you only use it for gas and then pay it all right away. There's just no way around it...you NEED credit. OK, there is one way around it and that is to pay for everything in cash for the rest of your life, but that's not the way to build financial success. In order to buy things like houses, cars, rental property, businesses etc. you need credit. The only way to get credit it is to either establish it yourself, or become an authorized user on someone else's credit card. Make sure if you do this, it's some one that you know has good credit and pays their bills on time. Otherwise, they will drag your credit score down with theirs. But anyone that says you don't need credit is lying to you.
Aint that the truth & alot of these youngsters, hell even grown a.ss men idolizing entertainers selling you the illusion that they pay for everything in cash. What they don't show & tell you is that they have excellent credit. An alternative or concurrent way of building credit along with credit cards are secured loans which credit unions usally offer to build credit "credit builder loan". You can add anywhere from $250 on up on secured cards but I'd gradually increase the limits to atleast 1,000. So when you finally do move on to unsecured let's say after 6 months they will offer higher limits once they check your credit & see the limits your already managing responsibly. But with about 3-5 cards managed correctly, you'll have great credit in about 6 months.

Last edited by Duntaz; 08-21-2013 at 06:49 PM..
 01-17-2014, 06:41 PM         #23
Raidermont 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If you have errors on your credit report, write the credit bureau to dispute it, and the have 30 days to research and answer you back. If they fail to meet the 30 time requirement, they have to remove it.
 3 years ago '09        #24
yankeeboytwo 
space
space
$741 | Props total: 110 110
 JoeDoe22 said:
The way our society is set up you need a good FICO to be able to buy that complex.
Agreed
 3 years ago '04        #25
Kadroan 91 heat pts91
space
space
$32,628 | Props total: 5673 5673
 Duntaz said:
Aint that the truth & alot of these youngsters, hell even grown a.ss men idolizing entertainers selling you the illusion that they pay for everything in cash. What they don't show & tell you is that they have excellent credit. An alternative or concurrent way of building credit along with credit cards are secured loans which credit unions usally offer to build credit "credit builder loan". You can add anywhere from $250 on up on secured cards but I'd gradually increase the limits to atleast 1,000. So when you finally do move on to unsecured let's say after 6 months they will offer higher limits once they check your credit & see the limits your already managing responsibly. But with about 3-5 cards managed correctly, you'll have great credit in about 6 months.
Could you live off a secured loan while trying to find another job?
 3 years ago '04        #26
Duntaz 57 heat pts57
space
space
$13,089 | Props total: 5279 5279
 Kadroan said:
Could you live off a secured loan while trying to find another job?

It depends on the collateral. But once you get a steady job I'd apply for a checking line of credit so that won't have to be your only option. Most credit unions offer it. That's why I'm glad I'm with Navy Federal their LOC goes up to 15k. I'm only at 5k but now that I have it I can ask for an increase every 6 months so I should have the full 15k by the end of the year. But I'd say a secured loan is the best choice if you're not working. It's better than fu*king with those payday or title loans they will charge you 100% interest or more.

Last edited by Duntaz; 04-07-2015 at 06:14 PM..
dpl313 gave props

10-18-2015, 05:25 PM         #27
Raidermont 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Raidermont said:
If you have errors on your credit report, write the credit bureau to dispute it, and the have 30 days to research and answer you back. If they fail to meet the 30 time requirement, they have to remove it.
I agree, I disputed everything. It works.
gaapplewood and 1 others gave props

2 years ago '14        #28
dpl313 
space
space
space
$75 | Props total: 1 1
For those disputing credit. Hoping this helps.

[video - click to view]

Last edited by dpl313; 01-21-2016 at 08:56 PM..
mikejuheard and 1 others gave props

2 years ago '15        #29
Pa live 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,592 | Props total: 1304 1304
U can pay to delete accts. In collections
 5 months ago '05        #30
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$14,703 | Props total: 5974 5974
 Pa live said:
U can pay to delete accts. In collections
it's not easy when I had some stuff pop up on me. They told me that was false. But I am sure all these companies be lying.
 3 weeks ago '16        #31
Negusis 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,665 | Props total: 4136 4136
 Raidermont said:
I agree, I disputed everything. It works.
And it doesn't matter if the mark on your credit is valid or not. They still have to respond and if they don't then it gets moved. Several things they say you have to wait 7 years. Fact is I've removed stuff after only 1 year because the company didn't respond. And plus, there is no penalty for challenging derogatory marks at any point.

Worse thing they say is no and then you just wait til later to challenge it.

Last edited by Negusis; 10-02-2017 at 04:23 AM..
 2 weeks ago '04        #32
Kliq 98 heat pts98
space
space
$4,501 | Props total: 9524 9524
 Negusis said:
And it doesn't matter if the mark on your credit is valid or not. They still have to respond and if they don't then it gets moved. Several things they say you have to wait 7 years. Fact is I've removed stuff after only 1 year because the company didn't respond. And plus, there is no penalty for challenging derogatory marks at any point.

Worse thing they say is no and then you just wait til later to challenge it.
I feel like I haven't gotten responses in a timely fashion, what can I do if there is no response after 30 days and it's still pending?
 2 weeks ago '16        #33
Negusis 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,665 | Props total: 4136 4136
 Kliq said:
I feel like I haven't gotten responses in a timely fashion, what can I do if there is no response after 30 days and it's still pending?
It should automatically show in 1 or 2 months. If Not you contact and ask the companies it if they responded.

Did you contact them online or through the mail?
 2 weeks ago '12        #34
JimmyZTT 
space
space
$121 | Props total: 257 257
Three more tips:

1) Unless your between checks and are in dire need of groceries for you or your family, NEVER EVER BUY FOOD ON YOUR CARD.

The day you play big balla and treat friends (or that special someone you want to impress) to a night on the town via your card is the day you may regret if you don't pay the card off in full when the bill is due.

You may literally end up paying interest on something that was flushed down the drain weeks earlier with zero to show for it if you don't have the funds to cover the cost of treating others to regular trips to a flashy nightspot, restaurant or bar.

2) If you are blessed with more than one credit card but lean on one more due to rewards and other perks while letting the other sort of just sit around for emergencies consider paying off a monthly bill of some type.

One of my cards only pays my cable, electric and cell phone bills which I promptly pay off when it's due using the money I was going to take from by regular bank account anyway.

This keeps all my cards active and helps with my overall score.

3) Don't get a store card like Best Buy or Gamestop.

The only store cards I would deal with are cards from Walmart or Target just in
case you run into the there's no food in the house and the kids gotta eat scenario.

If your pantry is bare, being able to but a new notebook from Best Buy won't do much to alleviate that situation.

I have a Gamestop card that I use maybe twice a year. I regret getting it on an impulse when they first came out but I won't close it down as it is another line of credit after all.

As a final thought, once you get your score into the 700s or better try to avoid yearly fee cards.

You've fought long and hard to build your credit over the years. Why should you have to pay a bank a yearly fee for the courtesy of using their card.

When you get to your dream FICO number you deserve the best deals the banks can offer.

First on the list is no yearly fees followed by reward points and so on.

Hope this helps.
Youngporter and 1 others gave props

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL As I watch Shaq, this sh-t was not fair bruh
98 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ashanti badder than BeyoncĂ©, Rihanna, all of dem
138 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 100% #WoodWife Material
63 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Mitchell and Ness team sweatshirts
27 comments
21 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NFL Reporter that outed Cam, back reporting. Players visibly uncomfortable wi..
140 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Future & Young Thug - Super Slimey (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thr..
260 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Oct 19 - Model Natasha Prince accused Magician David Blaine of rape
164 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Bow Wow givin men advice n Gille responds
157 comments
23 hours ago