Dec 3 - Why Blacks Never Really Came Down On Eminem

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Today's world summed up in one picture
21 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Well Damn DRAKE - PLEASE FORGIVE ME Video out now non apple link come i..
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Waka Flocka Flame Responds To Gucci Mane's Hot 97 Interview
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside For $100,000 would you do it?? Hmmm..
109 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-03-2004, 05:43 AM         #1
7313 pageviews
136 comments

LiquidSwordz718 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dec 3 - Why Blacks Never Really Came Down On Eminem

Long Beach, CA - At first, rap star Eminem was accused of using Black music to make himself wealthy. After selling over 30 million records worldwide, he was being compared to the late Elvis Presley, who took R&B and rock and made it a style of his own, without giving due credit to the African-American culture. Then it came out - a rap tape from ten years ago with Eminem calling Black women dumb, and making several references to "******s".

It was what every Eminem-hater was waiting for, and what every Eminem-lover thought would never happen. But it was true, and he admitted to it. So of course, he was called a racist by many. According to BlackNews.com, a huge press conference was held by Source Magazine who broke the story, and a few activists started talking about a boycott and massive protesting. But then, suddenly nobody cared anymore. Everybody forgot, and the Eminem legend lived on.

What happened? Since when do African-Americans back off of a popular white guy who calls Black people stupid ******s? Where are the boycotts? Where is the protesting? Where's the NAACP?

Here's what happened:

1) Whether he meant it or not, Eminem admitted to the accusations and apologized. He didn't make excuses, and he didn't rationalize. He apologized, and he really didn't have to. This is something that no racist bigot in history as ever done. He could have just said it wasn't him, and there really would have been no way to prove it was. But, he was man enough to accept the charges. Then, on his new CD he apologizes again, saying - "I've heard people say they heard the tape, and it ain't that bad, but it was. I singled out a whole race, and for that I apologize..."

In one interview, he explained that he was a victim of the trailor park environment that he grew up in, but was not in harmony with that kind of racist thinking anymore.

2) Eminem had support from the Blacks who knew him. Hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons publicly stood up for Eminem and accepted his apology. Long-time rapper/producer Dr. Dre also stuck by him. And so, most of the hip-hop world did so too.

3) Eminem's actions were louder than his words. He said he wasn't a racist anymore, and proved it by the many Black artists that he has helped. Eminem is responsible for the successful career of the rap group G-Unit, who have sold millions of records worldwide. In addition, all three members of G-Unit - Young Buck, Lloyd Banks, and 50-cent, had solo albums that all sold millions more worldwide. Eminem also helped Obie Trice, another rap artist, sell a gold album. And, he helped D-12, another rap group, generate two multi-platinum selling albums. All in all, he helped seven African-American rappers sell over 15 million records world-wide, and all of them became popular icons in the rap industry. This was noteworthy in comparison to Elvis who never helped one Black artist make a penny.

Truthfully speaking, Eminem could have went searching the urban streets for more white talent like himself, but he never did.

4) Eminem gave and still does give credit to African-Americans. Regularly, he references Jay-Z, Nas, Biggie, Tupac, Outkast, and countless other rappers as his inspirations, and as the leaders of the hip-hop culture. Not once, has he called himself the king of hip-hop. Being that he is the biggest rapper of all time, he very well could call himself the king, but he seems to respect the founders of the rap genre. Again, this was very noteworthy in comparison to Elvis, who never gave credit to any Black musicians, and insisted on being called the king of Rock.

136 comments for "Dec 3 - Why Blacks Never Really Came Down On Eminem"

12-03-2004, 06:12 AM         #2
DnSouth28 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hell even if there were boycotts & protests it wouldnt have done any good. 90% of his fans are white. Not like it would really hurt his sales any.
 12-03-2004, 06:41 AM         #3
keyoteh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
shut the fu*k up your president is racist. go bomb another country BUSH..and anyone that backs that motherfu*ker needs to step back from our commercial society and ask themselves why they cant go k!ll ppl but someone LABELED the president can slaughter so many innocent ppl. Lets not forget that everything that we as a human race know is all made up from us....so this title president of the united states doesnt really exist..we made it up..we made up some sort of heirarchecal society where we feed and feed and feed only a hand full of people money. Make them rich beyond rich...and ya know what?? by arguing about one person called eminem all day is a waste of time. turn your attentions to the bigger problem...the fact that everyone is a slave to a small group of ppl that run the world...i dont expect for one second anyone to listen to me. you enjoy getting fu*ked up the a.ss and r*ped with taxes, you allow this so called "POLICE" to make you scared to do anything....you are born into this world with one agenda and thats to be a slave. Its time to turn it around.

I SUGGEST YOU ALL LISTEN WATCH OR READ ANYTHING BY DAVID ICKE...im sick of everyone being so brainwashed...however i have come to realize its not your fault..its part of the plan.

And can you stop all this black white chinese pakistan mexican bullsh*t.....once again its part of the plan to keep us separated instead of being one big whole of society...the more separated and hatefull we get the less we see that were being controlled...seriously think about it....especially since u dont get to pick what u look like when your born whats the sense in dividing ppl who have no control over anything to do with appearance.
And who cares who stole what from whos culture?? theres is only ONE CULTURE!! its the fu*king human race stop dividing it!
-PEACE

Last edited by keyoteh; 12-03-2004 at 06:47 AM..
 12 years ago '04        #4
Slayn 
space
space
space
$2,397 | Props total: 30 30
 keyoteh said:
shut the fu*k up your president is racist. go bomb another country BUSH..and anyone that backs that motherfu*ker needs to step back from our commercial society and ask themselves why they cant go k!ll ppl but someone LABELED the president can slaughter so many innocent ppl. Lets not forget that everything that we as a human race know is all made up from us....so this title president of the united states doesnt really exist..we made it up..we made up some sort of heirarchecal society where we feed and feed and feed only a hand full of people money. Make them rich beyond rich...and ya know what?? by arguing about one person called eminem all day is a waste of time. turn your attentions to the bigger problem...the fact that everyone is a slave to a small group of ppl that run the world...i dont expect for one second anyone to listen to me. you enjoy getting fu*ked up the a.ss and r*ped with taxes, you allow this so called "POLICE" to make you scared to do anything....you are born into this world with one agenda and thats to be a slave. Its time to turn it around.

I SUGGEST YOU ALL LISTEN WATCH OR READ ANYTHING BY DAVID ICKE...im sick of everyone being so brainwashed...however i have come to realize its not your fault..its part of the plan.

And can you stop all this black white chinese pakistan mexican bullsh*t.....once again its part of the plan to keep us separated instead of being one big whole of society...the more separated and hatefull we get the less we see that were being controlled...seriously think about it....especially since u dont get to pick what u look like when your born whats the sense in dividing ppl who have no control over anything to do with appearance.
And who cares who stole what from whos culture?? theres is only ONE CULTURE!! its the fu*king human race stop dividing it!
-PEACE
i think you forgot to take your schitzo pills ,,, what the hell does your incoherent rambling have to do with this article ??? ,,, seriously kid go jump off a bridge
 12-03-2004, 08:31 AM         #5
FIVE N LASH 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont usually post cuz i like to read this sh*ttt, but uh, i gotta say that i respect urbodies opinion, but i had to comment on this, fo a sec. for one, i do believe em admitted to only one of the tapes. the one calling black girls dumd. second, if u listened to that b s cd enocre, in one of those songs, i dont remeber which one, he said how they (the source) like tampered wit the tapes. the second tape didnt even sound like em, thats a bunch of bulsh*ttt. i'm sick of all these hatas too. just get off em for a while dont u see this is what he wants us to do. he wants us to hate um, and protest and sh*t. it gives himn more to rap about. lets just tal bout other rapper fo now, and stop talkin about him until he puts some real sh*t out like infinate, or sslp ya know. but oh well thats just my opinion. damnnnnnnnn....
 12-03-2004, 08:33 AM         #6
deeznuts 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 keyoteh said:

-PEACE
and you sir are brainwashed by this global consipiracy theorist named David.... theory is the key word, "there is no god and purple furry creaters created the us and the universe" -- that is also a theory.

Last edited by deeznuts; 12-03-2004 at 08:34 AM..
 12 years ago '04        #7
~G~ 
space
space
$13,747 | Props total: 1 1
Eminem > 95% of the game...
 12-03-2004, 08:37 AM         #8
Skin Whitey 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
blacks are wack, whites are right !!

kkk 4 lyfe nucca!
 12-03-2004, 08:46 AM         #9
keyoteh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont remember for one second saying i was religious:

i think you forgot to take your schitzo pills ,,, what the hell does your incoherent rambling have to do with this article ??? ,,, seriously kid go jump off a bridge

do some research before pointing the finger...i never used violence when stating my view why do u have to? and dont blame me cuz ur not ready to admit your controlled

Last edited by keyoteh; 12-03-2004 at 08:48 AM..
 12-03-2004, 08:52 AM         #10
RLPolo225 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Skin Whitey said:
blacks are wack, whites are right !!

kkk 4 lyfe nucca!

Come In A Black Neighborhood and say that Dumb a.ss sh*t, bi*ch, Get Your a.ss Shot Up, LOL LOL.
 12-03-2004, 11:16 AM         #11
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deeznuts said:
and you sir are brainwashed by this global consipiracy theorist named David.... theory is the key word, "there is no god and purple furry creaters created the us and the universe" -- that is also a theory.
the bible is as much a theory as anything else.......

and your right nobody cares because em apoligized......I never head the tape, he could be racist inside for all I know...and if he is then thats all the more the reason not to support his music......I just dont support the cat cause I know his whole career is based around a gimmick....and thats just not real hiphop to me......so why put him up there with hiphop's elites? fu*k a record sale
 12 years ago '04        #12
Slayn 
space
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
the bible is as much a theory as anything else.......

and your right nobody cares because em apoligized......I never head the tape, he could be racist inside for all I know...and if he is then thats all the more the reason not to support his music......I just dont support the cat cause I know his whole career is based around a gimmick....and thats just not real hiphop to me......so why put him up there with hiphop's elites? fu*k a record sale
i agree record sales dont mean sh*t but your favorite rappers put em up in the top ten at least not because of his sales but because of his lyrical ability ,,, you cant deny that
 12-03-2004, 11:41 AM         #13
TaXeS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
who ever wrote this is a natural born loser...sike but dat a big load of sh*t rite there...
 12-03-2004, 12:13 PM         #14
bsmith 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why do we always go back to this sh*t
 12-03-2004, 12:13 PM         #15
oK.Player 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 keyoteh said:

-PEACE
To Bad Congress Makes all the Decisions and the President doesnt do sh*t...... Yep Your Done
 12-03-2004, 12:25 PM         #16
TaXeS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bsmith said:
why do we always go back to this sh*t

because eminem k!lled rap music....his fans outpower all rap fans because....
 12 years ago '04        #17
THuG LYFe 198 heat pts198
space
space
$2,844 | Props total: 266 266
 LiquidSwordz718 said:
Long Beach, CA - At first, rap star Eminem was accused of using Black music to make himself wealthy. After selling over 30 million records worldwide, he was being compared to the late Elvis Presley, who took R&B and rock and made it a style of his own, without giving due credit to the African-American culture. Then it came out - a rap tape from ten years ago with Eminem calling Black women dumb, and making several references to "******s".
That's a joke, Eminem gives PLENTY of props to rappers before him, for example "Til I collapse". Eminem has openly discussed his mentors and his idols in interviews and has given props. He can't give "credit to the African American culture" to something that isn't theirs either. Rap was started by white people and later black people evolved it. Rap is AMERICAN not white American or African American. Eminem evolved rap music to make his own style and there is not a single person in the industry that's like him. SO STOP HATING.

Also, i didn't hear the tape of him going off on the black girl but I remember it being discuessed, didn't he never use the word ****** in the whokle entire song
 12 years ago '04        #18
Slayn 
space
space
space
 THuG LYFe said:
That's a joke, Eminem gives PLENTY of props to rappers before him, for example "Til I collapse". Eminem has openly discussed his mentors and his idols in interviews and has given props. He can't give "credit to the African American culture" to something that isn't theirs either. Rap was started by white people and later black people evolved it. Rap is AMERICAN not white American or African American. Eminem evolved rap music to make his own style and there is not a single person in the industry that's like him. SO STOP HATING.

Also, i didn't hear the tape of him going off on the black girl but I remember it being discuessed, didn't he never use the word ****** in the whokle entire song
whoa , hold on there buddy ,,, rap was not started by white people ---- im white and i know that for a fact ,,,, now this is what the black community is really afraid of is history repeating itself making people think that whites started rock n roll or elvis did ,,,,,,, you are right rap is american but dont ever say it was started by white people because thats just a plain load of sh*t and that is what will get people pissed off about having a white rapper in the game
 12-03-2004, 01:44 PM         #19
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 THuG LYFe said:

uhhhhhhh you might want to wipe that nut off your lips bruh..........whites started hiphop......lmao.......Ill say this if black people never started rapping you would have NO idea what so ever what rap is today.....your right though rap is American genre.........hiphop is black culture though..........whites started rap......lmao......

and the only thing em evolved is his pocket book

Last edited by Dos-effect; 12-03-2004 at 01:45 PM..
 12-03-2004, 01:50 PM         #20
A Son Unique 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i actually respect eminem a hell of alot more afta readin this
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Faith Evan breaking the internet
104 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside bi-ch tries to play cute with the judge
94 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 24 - CNN Live footage of crime scene manipulation and gun plant
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chopped Cheese V. Philly CheeseSteak what you choose?
86 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Lloyd Banks x DJ Drama | All or Nothing: Live It Up (Official Download/..
173 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Luke Cage Is the Unapologetically Bold Superhero Show Iíve Been Waiting for!#F..
53 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
bruh the Menace 2 Society Interrogation Scene got me fu-king crying :dead:
48 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Bankrupt 50 and his Private Jet
57 comments
21 hours ago