Ryan Reynolds talks about Deadpool and Wolverine

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
65 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
90 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
274 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #1
23643 pageviews
17 comments

DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,838 | Props total: 4124 4124
Ryan Reynolds talks about Deadpool and Wolverine

Question: So you’ve got a pretty big summer movie coming out. Did you go after it or did they come after you?

Ryan Reynolds: Do you mean “Wolverine” or “The Proposal”?

Wolverine.

Ryan Reynolds: Well that character is something I’ve been mentioned about for a long, long time now. The character in the comic book – Deadpool – even mentioned me playing him. So I think it was in some weird way it was a little bit destined. I love that character. I love that franchise. I love that whole vibe and I was happy to jump in there and do it.

Were you forced to read comic books?

Ryan Reynolds: I’ve read them before. I read the Deadpool series back in the ‘90’s. But I’m not a huge comic-book reader, per se. I’ll check out Archie when I’m in the grocery line but that’s about it.

You obviously have scenes with Hugh, could you talk a bit about working with him or the f!ght scenes or the big action stuff.

Ryan Reynolds: Yeah they’re intense. Movies like this have a lot of big personalities in one room and you think that’s going to be combustible but it was just the opposite. I looked at it like an ensemble really, there was a huge amount of people with heavy storylines that they’re trying to pack into this one movie so it was a shockingly chummy set. Everybody was into what they were doing and because of that it was a bonding experience to a certain degree. But the action sequences are amazing. I’d never done anything in that scope before. I’d done action movies but not like this. It was pretty wild.

I know there has been some talk about taking Deadpool off on his own. Any update?

Ryan Reynolds: No. These things work pretty slowly. I’ve had a couple of people approach me about meetings for a “Deadpool” movie but I think it’s absurd to think that way until this movie comes out. And I don’t even look at it like I play Deadpool in this movie. I really think I more or less play Wade Wilson, and I’m playing the creature that will eventually become Deadpool but in this movie it’s his newly formed version….so to speak.

I wanted to know about the action scenes. When you’re doing a movie like Wolverine, do they take days and days to film? I’m just curious what goes on to prepare you to do that kind of stuff.

Ryan Reynolds: Well I have a sword sequence in the movie that is no less than a minute long in the film but that takes months and months to prepare for. When you think about it like that it’s vaguely depressing, but when you actually do it, it’s worth it. When you see on the screen that it’s me and not a stunt person and I’m doing it…those take a long time but, yeah, they’re slow. We had action sequences that took weeks. We had one f!ght sequence that took weeks to shoot.

Obviously the movie is called Wolverine but how much are you in it?

Ryan Reynolds: Initially it started out as a cameo and they added a little bit more. For the most part it’s definitely Hugh’s movie but it also has an ensemble feel. There are a lot of guys in it. There are a lot of characters. They added a bunch of mutants that the fanboys really love. I initially jumped in there because I had to shoot The Proposal and this other movie called Paper Man while they were shooting Wolverine so I was committed to those already when they approached me for the role, so I just said, “look, if you can make it work, make it work.” So we ended up going to do additional photography at the end of Wolverine because I still hadn’t shot the lion’s share of what I was supposed to shoot. So a lot of people thought they were adding scenes because they added more Deadpool, but it was just a function of me finishing the movie that I hadn’t completed yet.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

http://www.collider.com/e .. d=11252&tcid=1

17 comments for "Ryan Reynolds talks about Deadpool and Wolverine"

03-14-2009, 09:37 PM         #2
magatsu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can't believe they fu*kin up Deadpool, even if they do revert him to some form of normalcy at the end of the flick that sh*t is just stupid as fu*k. Turning Deadpool into Weapon XI or whatever the fu*k, shooting goddamn cyclops optic blasts and sh*t. The more I read the worse I feel about the flick. The X franchise didn't even start off all that great, but Singer made them decent enough, now FOX is just murdering the series.

It's still gonna make a ton of cash though. Plz of plz Marvel get the rights back sooner rather than later.
 03-14-2009, 09:46 PM         #3
AlBundysfingers 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont know what to say anymore, just gotta wait and see.
 9 years ago '05        #4
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
 AlBundysfingers said:
i dont know what to say anymore, just gotta wait and see.
Yeah, me neither...

As for me, I could give a flying f*ck if they stay faithful to anything. Because, right now they have a good director and one of my favorite writers... I'm squarely neutral with this only because at the end of it all, telling a coherent story is the important part...
 9 years ago '07        #5
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,405 | Props total: 2525 2525
I hope they don't mess him up. Deadpool is my all time fave comic book character... But as long as the movie's good, I'm down. Like Omega said... Good writer and good director... I'm reserving judgment until I see it
 9 years ago '05        #6
space
space
When asked about how much of his story we'll see, such as if we learn why he wears a mask (like he does in the comics), Reynolds said, "Well, it's an origin story, so again I don't consider myself playing Deadpool. I'm the thing that will eventually become Deadpool. But yea, he's scarred up. You're gonna see the scars. That's all in there."
 03-15-2009, 10:10 AM         #7
JaeRell 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so basically he is saying he is wade wilson...
 9 years ago '05        #8
space
space
 JaeRell said:
so basically he is saying he is wade wilson...
Basically... He's not becoming deadpool in this film, i'm a.ssuming...

people fail to realize that its an origin movie... it even has the word 'origins' in the title.
 9 years ago '07        #9
Prospect Boy 
space
space
$1,720 | Props total: 120 120
Oh well i'm still looking forward to seeing this.
 9 years ago '06        #10
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,784 | Props total: 2285 2285
I couldnt care less about Deadpool, Wolverine is what the movie is about and thats what I have been hyped to see.
 9 years ago '07        #11
JaeNice 7 heat pts
space
space
$2,203 | Props total: 0 0
Origin or not i can't get over whats been leaked or what we seen in the trailers of Deadpool.

Taped swords to the wirst...smh maybe i need to see it before i criticizes it but coming from a Deadpool fan as of right now im a lil disappointed.
 9 years ago '06        #12
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
i got a bad feeling about this movie...
i just hope it has a good plot, and the action is on point..
 9 years ago '07        #13
Jeet Kune Do 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,069 | Props total: 1841 1841
I'm just glad its a 2hr movie now, so imdb says anyway....Ive been looking 4ward to this move 4 a long time
 03-17-2009, 01:39 PM         #14
JaeRell 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

the traps prove that is adkins basically...

scott adkins = weapon XI
ryan reynolds = wade wilson(maybe deadpool at the end of the movie)

so the majority have come to the conclusion that wade wilson becomes weapon XI, then weapon XI becomes deadpool.

Last edited by JaeRell; 03-17-2009 at 01:40 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #15
K-Train 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,564 | Props total: 47 47
Fox owns this movie as well, eh?

smh
 9 years ago '05        #16
space
space
 K-Train said:
Fox owns this movie as well, eh?

smh
y'know, what's annoying is how everyone is jumping on the 'f*ck Fox' bandwagon after the whole Watchmen fiasco even though they were in the right.

Fox, as a company, is just like any other studio... it can release great films... it can release crappy films... and they can be d*cks... I honestly don't care who is releasing what, if it's dope, it's dope. If it sucks, it sucks. Studios don't decide that for me.

Now, if you wanna be like that, then maybe we should talk about how WB completely mishandled some aspects of Watchmen.
 9 years ago '08        #17
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
I've seen enough Wolverine so I can careless about dude.

I'm just watching it to see Gambit. So far, from what I've seen, Gambit is on point (Cards, accent, eyes, etc..)
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
62 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy