Mar 10 - Lil Wayne Producer Static Major Died From Medical Negligence, Lawsuit Filed

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
160 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
119 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
51 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
73 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #1
8108 pageviews
30 comments

Hunedz|M 38 heat pts38
space
space
$6,414 | Props total: 3 3
Mar 10 - Lil Wayne Producer Static Major Died From Medical Negligence, Lawsuit Filed

Static Major's abrupt death last year was caused by complications a.ssociated with his treatment at a hospital in his hometown of Louisville, Kentucky.

Static, who co-wrote and produced Lil Wayne's hit single "LollipopĒ checked into the Baptist Hospital East on February 25th 2008 complaining of flu-like symptoms and shortness of breath and ended up dead hours later.

The cause of Staticís death was unknown when news of his passing surfaced but according to a recent report by The Leo Weekly, Staticís autopsy reveals that his death was connected to the treatment he received at the hospital.

Static (born Stephen Garrett) was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis, a rare autoimmune disease, after number of tests at the hospital on the day of his death. Muscle weakness and fatigue are among the diseasesí symptoms.

Doctors recommended that Static should undergo plasmapheresis, a treatment that removes toxins from the blood using a catheter. To receive the treatment, Static had to stay in the hospital to be monitored overnight prior to surgery the following morning.

Dr. Dean J. Wickel would conduct the plasmapheresis. After the procedure, Static would complain to nurse Denise Richards about having pain in his internal organs.

Wickel would instruct Richards to remove the catheter from Static who would then pass out after it was pulled out. Static didnít regain consciousness after the catheterís removal and died.

Staticís family has filed a medical negligence lawsuit against Baptist Hospital and Wikel.

Nurse Richards testified in a deposition last month that Wickel told her to remove the catheter because it was in the wrong place.

An incorrect insertion of the catheter can lead to excessive bleeding or lung puncture. Staticís autopsy report says he died due to respiratory arrest after the removal of the catheter.

Larry Franklin, the lawyer representing Staticís family, has asked the judge in the case to order Baptist East to reveal the identity of Static's roommate at the hospital.

Franklin believes that the roommate would have heard the conversations between Static and the hospital staff and would have also witnessed the last moments before the singer/producerís demise.

The hospitalís legal team has refused to reveal the roommateís identity citing a privacy law that protects a patientís identity. The law is called the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).

They also argue that revealing the patientís identity could end up in inappropriate disclosure of the patientís personal health information.

"If this patient becomes a witness to this suit, he will be subjected to scrutiny and potential embarrassment," the hospitalís legal team argued.

Staticís family wants a jury judgment for compensatory and punitive damages, along with costs a.ssociated with pain and suffering.

Static, who crafted hits for Aaliyah, Jay-Z, Nas and Ginuwine, was 33-years-old when he died. He is survived by a wife and four children.

SRC:
[pic - click to view]

http://www.sixshot.com/news/13875/

30 comments for "Mar 10 - Lil Wayne Producer Static Major Died From Medical Negligence, Lawsuit Filed"

9 years ago '06        #2
reppnta19 
space
space
space
$191 | Props total: 6 6
not to get off topic...ok nevermind YES i will go off topic. You listen to Gucci Mane?! Don't ever post anything again man
 9 years ago '07        #3
Hunedz|M 38 heat pts38 OP
space
space
$6,414 | Props total: 3 3
^^ :fruit:

Go To Sleep Chump.
 9 years ago '05        #4
highryda 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,888 | Props total: 50 50
 reppnta19 said:
not to get off topic...ok nevermind YES i will go off topic. You listen to Gucci Mane?! Don't ever post anything again man

co-sign
 9 years ago '05        #5
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,465 | Props total: 4410 4410
^^ Why are you guys hating?

Is there something I'm missing?
 9 years ago '06        #6
iCON-8 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,832 | Props total: 2 2
RIP

Ya'll f*g**ts, show respect.
 03-10-2009, 10:55 PM         #7
Bumboklaat 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
RIP, shame on these ignorant fu*k n*ggas disrespectin static
 9 years ago '04        #8
unmarkeddollaz 
space
space
space
$773 | Props total: 0 0
earlier last year his brother confirmed it on his myspace blog, he said he pretty much bled to death on the table. at the time he said they were planning on suing.

Last edited by unmarkeddollaz; 03-11-2009 at 06:30 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #9
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,644 | Props total: 2650 2650
Damn, he went out pretty bad, poor guy.

I hope his fam collects but no amount can make up for someone's life.
 9 years ago '06        #10
a_ruff24 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,332 | Props total: 5 5
 OldeEnglish22oz said:
^^ Why are you guys hating?

Is there something I'm missing?
gucci suck a.ss
 03-11-2009, 07:47 AM         #11
whyya07 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I hope the fam gets what they want, even though it will not bring back Static.
 03-11-2009, 08:10 AM         #12
Berg Sett 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Baby paid them nurses at the hospital to do that.....they re-sold Wayne's soul (probably the 3rd time by now) to the devil right before Carter3 was released, and they needed a new sacrifice, which happend to be Static Major:sad5:

RIP Stat
 03-11-2009, 09:24 AM         #13
jbudz420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Berg Sett said:
Baby paid them nurses at the hospital to do that.....they re-sold Wayne's soul (probably the 3rd time by now) to the devil right before Carter3 was released, and they needed a new sacrifice, which happend to be Static Major:sad5:

RIP Stat
i read the post an was like you'd have to be an a**hole to say something like that.............................then i looked at the avy lmfao n*gga ur 12 shouldnt u be trying to finger bang females not online making unfunny jokes.........oh yeah for the record wayne eats 8974897348974189437897894 d*cks individually and thread starter gucci is the musical equivalent of crystal meth.... its bad for everyone an can lead to death as well as addiction to nonsensical music..LISTEN 2 BLACKSTAR :guns13:

and hope stat fam can find some peace
 03-11-2009, 02:06 PM         #14
Berg Sett 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jbudz420 said:
i read the post an was like you'd have to be an a**hole to say something like that.............................then i looked at the avy lmfao n*gga ur 12 shouldnt u be trying to finger bang females not online making unfunny jokes.........oh yeah for the record wayne eats 8974897348974189437897894 d*cks individually and thread starter gucci is the musical equivalent of crystal meth.... its bad for everyone an can lead to death as well as addiction to nonsensical music..LISTEN 2 BLACKSTAR :guns13:

and hope stat fam can find some peace
who u callin a n*gga!? craccka
 9 years ago '06        #15
YERCELL 
space
space
$3,970 | Props total: 0 0
 Berg Sett said:
who u callin a n*gga!? craccka
If that picture is really you, you should jump off the nearest cliff/building.
 03-11-2009, 02:29 PM         #16
Berg Sett 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 YERCELL said:
speakin of Jump Off, ya mama ever got that infection cleared up? me and my Set tryna run thru one mo time

BERG SET
 9 years ago '05        #17
Schavez98 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,359 | Props total: 1265 1265
 YERCELL said:
co-sign
 03-11-2009, 04:24 PM         #18
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
BERG SET!

damn that kids gangsta. Look at that doo rag!!! His hat is way twisted!!!

DamN!
 9 years ago '04        #19
Mumbletaker 58 heat pts58
space
space
$11,481 | Props total: 7149 7149
damn. I read in a magazine last year that the family already knew the hospital f'ed up and they were planning on suing.
 03-11-2009, 06:00 PM         #20
macadon83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gucci! Gucci!

Tha's fu*ked up bout stat. He didn't have to go.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
23 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
49 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
184 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
63 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
82 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy