Official NBA MVP Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
145 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

MVP for this year in the NBA?
Kobe 84 29.58%
Lebron 64 22.54%
Wade 105 36.97%
Peirce 6 2.11%
Duncan 4 1.41%
Williams (jazz) 1 0.35%
Chris Paul 4 1.41%
Howard 8 2.82%
Billups 1 0.35%
Granger (yeah i had to add this one lol) 0 0%
Bradon Roy 1 0.35%
Dirk 1 0.35%
OTHER (please post who you think is MVP) 5 1.76%
Voters: 284. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #121
nahsuhmeanz 
space
space
$9,949 | Props total: 2747 2747
 JaeWil said:
@ calling somebody whos been in the league for over 10 years The Future.......k!ll yourself
Kobe being the future as in the way people refer to Jordan as the G.O.A.T, the person that they try to compare the new and upcoming players to

n*ggas just hate Kobe because he's your favorite players, favorite player
 9 years ago '07        #122
sleep23rd 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,820 | Props total: 290 290
3.09% of this website ONLY chose Dwight howard?

wow...i thought yall could put yall biasness to the side.....
im a kobe fan...but look what the magic is doing, without D12 they aren't no where near where they r at....i know dwayne wade is taking over games, but look at their record...has anyone ever seen a MVP that goes lower then a 3 seed in the playoffs? especially the east?
 9 years ago '05        #123
A-N-D-1 177 heat pts177
space
space
$4,743 | Props total: 1011 1011
 Spiffy818 said:
this thread is pointless, everyone is going to vote for their favorite player even if he doesnt deserve it

/votes for kobe
Not true! I voted for D. Wade and LBJ is my favorite player!!! I don't even like Wade but what he is doing must be recognized!!
 9 years ago '06        #124
THELASTBOYSCOUT 
space
space
$341 | Props total: 153 153
Iverson won the MVP in 01 without finishing with the best record in the league.... D.Wade embodies the term MVP (to the league and his team).. forget the fluke Nash and Nowitzki years (which should have been Shaq and Kobe's MVP years)... the league to bite the bullet and go against their pre-picked darling expected winners and make a rational stand up decision... and by the way they still owe Kobe one from 2 years back !

:greetings10:
 9 years ago '06        #125
THELASTBOYSCOUT 
space
space
$341 | Props total: 153 153
 A-N-D-1 said:
Not true! I voted for D. Wade and LBJ is my favorite player!!! I don't even like Wade but what he is doing must be recognized!!
ur unbiased logic is appreciated ! real recognize real...
 9 years ago '07        #126
Mr. Moses 
space
space
$4,418 | Props total: 6 6
 THELASTBOYSCOUT said:
Iverson won the MVP in 01 without finishing with the best record in the league
He had the best record in his conference and won 56 games.

King James is the only correct answer to this question. fu*ks this Wade sh*t?
 9 years ago '04        #127
dre03 
space
space
$10,167 | Props total: 2448 2448
 joshdogg26 said:
lmao @ comparing the heat's overachieving due to wade's greatness and despite the shortcoming of his subpar cast to a single play. i just said that given recent criteria, he probably won't win the award, but he truly is the most valuable player from a literal standpoint which is why i think they need to give out an MOP or something of the sort since their idea of MVP isn't really the MVP at all.
It wasnt comparison to a single play... Only a retard with low intelligence would see that comparison that way... The point of the comparison was comparing the goal of your mission... the goal of each play is to score a basket... The goal of each team is to win... If you dominate a play with incredible moves and fail to score all the great things you did on that play means nothing now... If you dominate a game and fail to win everything you did in that game goes for nothing... Do you get my point now retard...

Great performances arent considered great if you lose regardless of who your teammates are... Your job as the best player is to carry your team to wins and make your teammates play at a higher level... If you as the best player are the only one playing at the level thats your fault... These are all NBA players they were all great players somewhere at a high level... MVP is more than just an invdividual award its a team and individual award... You cant win MVP without your team... Why do you think the years Chamberlain averaged 50 and 40 points a game he didnt win MVP??? cuz he didnt win...
 9 years ago '04        #128
dre03 
space
space
 THELASTBOYSCOUT said:
Iverson won the MVP in 01 without finishing with the best record in the league.... D.Wade embodies the term MVP (to the league and his team).. forget the fluke Nash and Nowitzki years (which should have been Shaq and Kobe's MVP years)... the league to bite the bullet and go against their pre-picked darling expected winners and make a rational stand up decision... and by the way they still owe Kobe one from 2 years back !

:greetings10:
He had the best record in his conference...

Kobe won it without having the best record in the league... Add Duncan, Garnett, Jordan, Hakeem, Malone, Magic and many more to that list... You dont have to have the best record but you have to have one of the top 5 best records at least...
 9 years ago '04        #129
dre03 
space
space
 FlashP3 said:
Best in the nba
What does that have to do with MVP??? Being the best player in the league does not matter if you dont win... How many times does this have to be said??? MVP is a yearly award of team achievements and individual performances... Wade has met only one of these criterias how can he be considered??? Like i said if Wade wins 50 games then he is easily MVP i guarantee it and it would be a travesty if he wasnt...

But MVP is not just about stats and performances its main thing is winning... Its a yearly award just cuz you didnt win it doesnt mean your not the best player in the league... There have been players who have had way better years than Wade has had this year in the past who didnt win the award cuz they didnt win...
 9 years ago '05        #130
katalist 229 heat pts229 OP
space
space
$36,986 | Props total: 1312 1312
and Wade with another MVP like performance :agreement6:
 9 years ago '04        #131
TVee 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,305 | Props total: 1913 1913
Its good to see that boxden is a board of free thinkers, that arent brainwashed by the media.
 9 years ago '06        #132
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
Its got to be wade....without wade the heat are the worst team in the league.

MVP = most valuable player, unfortunately since David Stern is the commish the most popular player ends up winning it every year.
 9 years ago '07        #133
Mr. Moses 
space
space
$4,418 | Props total: 6 6
The fu*ks that f*g**t sh*t? Without King James, the Cavs are bottom feeders in the league, with him, they're arguably the best team in the league. The most popular player wins it? Kobe Bryant sure as fu*k's got a bone to pick with you, he averaged 35-5-5 and finished 4th. King James put up the same numbers he put up this year, but got beat out by Dirk, Duncan and Nash. There's no conspiracy or anti-Wade propaganda going on here, if your team isn't a serious title contender, you aren't the MVP.
 9 years ago '06        #134
iNSPiRED4fR33 
space
space
$1,548 | Props total: 74 74
I want Wade to get it so bad and I truly feel hes best for it. I think player wise the best player currently is Wade but in general its Kobe/Wade/Bron. Its gonna come down to whoever finishes with the most impressive end of the season.
 9 years ago '08        #135
sasuke-sama313 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,731 | Props total: 64 64
 dre03 said:
It wasnt comparison to a single play... Only a retard with low intelligence would see that comparison that way... The point of the comparison was comparing the goal of your mission... the goal of each play is to score a basket... The goal of each team is to win... If you dominate a play with incredible moves and fail to score all the great things you did on that play means nothing now... If you dominate a game and fail to win everything you did in that game goes for nothing... Do you get my point now retard...

Great performances arent considered great if you lose regardless of who your teammates are... Your job as the best player is to carry your team to wins and make your teammates play at a higher level... If you as the best player are the only one playing at the level thats your fault... These are all NBA players they were all great players somewhere at a high level... MVP is more than just an invdividual award its a team and individual award... You cant win MVP without your team... Why do you think the years Chamberlain averaged 50 and 40 points a game he didnt win MVP??? cuz he didnt win...
u don't seem like a idiot so u will understanding this simple statement there have never been a player in the nba or world that can control or make another player make the shot not magic not jordan not kobe not wade not stockton no one so that opens up a bigger debate i know so no one can say that kobe or lebron makes there teamates better and use that as a reason as to why someone doesn't deserve MVP
 9 years ago '05        #136
Roemoaphi 
space
space
$588 | Props total: 0 0
1. Kobe
2. Wade
3. LeBron

Kobe deserves it and Wade is coming on strong, but the league is feinin' to give it to LeBron, so it's probably his to lose.
 9 years ago '05        #137
katalist 229 heat pts229 OP
space
space
$36,986 | Props total: 1312 1312
Wade was just nasty today :agreement6:
JO played great to
 9 years ago '06        #138
iNSPiRED4fR33 
space
space
$1,548 | Props total: 74 74
 katalist said:
Wade was just nasty today :agreement6:
JO played great to
Hell yea big timely blocks in ot..Wades just a monster and I like how well Head played for his first game
 9 years ago '07        #139
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,373 | Props total: 13027 13027
 dre03 said:

no...u just made a dumbass analogy that couldn't be less relevant. fact is, wade isn't losing, they're winning and overachieving thanks to him u ignorant inbred fu*k. he's breakin ankles AND finishing with the flush, maybe that makes more sense to u. no they rn't the best team in the league, but they were the worst team last year and might finish with homecourt this year and it's due largely in part to the way he's been beasting. they've already improved their record by 21 wins and that will probably reach about 30 by the season's end.

and thanks for reiterating my stance on the MVP since i clearly and repeatedly have stated that in all likelihood he will not win it considering historic criteria, especially of late, but he's certainly made a push and become a more serious candidate even in the media's eyes recently. it being a team award is exactly what's wrong with it. i think if ur on a playoff team with a respectable record above .500, all those candidates should be on a level playing field. if wade were to mirror the season he's having again next year, perhaps even dip slightly, but pick up an all-star and win 60 games, he'd run away with the award, even if he were playing at a slightly lesser level and actually meant less to his team becuz of the new help he had. does that sound like he became a more "valuable" player to u? not at all. being the best player on the best team is not the same as being the most valuable player in the league. if they wanna keep it that way, that's fine, but they should either add an MOP award, establish real criteria for voting, or take the vote away from the media, the latter of which is a consensus opinion of a lot of people. but aside from that clearly mistaken line of thought u had, i think u misunderstood something on a more elementary level. wade isn't losing, he's winning, and his team is in a great position all things considered, so nothing u said mattered to begin with.

Last edited by joshdogg26; 03-15-2009 at 02:45 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #140
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,593 | Props total: 1013 1013
LBJ, it's just his turn. You could argue Kobe which is who I think should win because I'm biased and the Lakers have the best record and their in the West.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
4 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy