Official NBA MVP Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
 140
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 100
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
64 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 97
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
114 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 89
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
236 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

MVP for this year in the NBA?
Kobe 84 29.58%
Lebron 64 22.54%
Wade 105 36.97%
Peirce 6 2.11%
Duncan 4 1.41%
Williams (jazz) 1 0.35%
Chris Paul 4 1.41%
Howard 8 2.82%
Billups 1 0.35%
Granger (yeah i had to add this one lol) 0 0%
Bradon Roy 1 0.35%
Dirk 1 0.35%
OTHER (please post who you think is MVP) 5 1.76%
Voters: 284. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #241
jj01 
space
avatar space
space
$44,962 | Props total: 4683 4683
 GodSon818 said:
the GOAT's opinion >> BSPN "experts" opinions



the goat has spoken, this actually deserves its own thread
 04-13-2009, 10:56 PM         #242
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jordan also said Kobe is the best player in the NBA so what are yall saying?? Dont knitpick.
 9 years ago '07        #243
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,556 | Props total: 339 339
 GodSon818 said:
the GOAT's opinion >> BSPN "experts" opinions

:agreement6::agreement6:

individually no one has been f**kin wit wade this year...his numbers are rediculous

but if u go by the "best player on the best team" logic its LBJ
 04-13-2009, 11:08 PM         #244
GodSon818 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Andre3000 said:
Jordan also said Kobe is the best player in the NBA so what are yall saying?? Dont knitpick.
jordan has never endorsed kobe for MVP:hay:
 9 years ago '05        #245
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
100 blocks and 100 steals in a season? that's 1.2 average for the season.. what's the big deal about that? Kobe has averaged over (or around) 2 steals a game before.

Kobe's 35ppg season > Wade's 09 season. easy.
 04-13-2009, 11:49 PM         #246
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I'm The Dan said:
100 blocks and 100 steals in a season? that's 1.2 average for the season.. what's the big deal about that? Kobe has averaged over (or around) 2 steals a game before.

Kobe's 35ppg season > Wade's 09 season. easy.
same thing i'm saying it's not even close...lmao at these dumb f**ks hating i agree he;s having a better season than Kobe this year, but that year best season since Jordan's 37 ppg
 9 years ago '06        #247
iNSPiRED4fR33 
space
avatar space
space
$1,569 | Props total: 79 79
 I'm The Dan said:
100 blocks and 100 steals in a season? that's 1.2 average for the season.. what's the big deal about that? Kobe has averaged over (or around) 2 steals a game before.

Kobe's 35ppg season > Wade's 09 season. easy.
Disagree..

Kobe didnt win a ring then get swept the defending year in round 1 by a lower seed nonetheless, watch his veteran team fall apart, come back from shoulder & knee surgery, be surrounded by an entire new cast of rookies and bums, climb back from 15 wins even with a rookie PG, no Center, a number 2 draft pick who plays no D and comes off the bench, a midseason risky trade giving up our best defensive player (Marion) in exchange for a past his prime JO whose mediocre at best, then get the 5th seed... Um? The story writes itself. How is Wade NOT the MV3 ...opps I meant MVP.
 9 years ago '05        #248
RepDBlock 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,240 | Props total: 33 33
 iNSPiRED4fR33 said:
Disagree..

Kobe didnt win a ring then get swept the defending year in round 1 by a lower seed nonetheless, watch his veteran team fall apart, come back from shoulder & knee surgery, be surrounded by an entire new cast of rookies and bums, climb back from 15 wins even with a rookie PG, no Center, a number 2 draft pick who plays no D and comes off the bench, a midseason risky trade giving up our best defensive player (Marion) in exchange for a past his prime JO whose mediocre at best, then get the 5th seed... Um? The story writes itself. How is Wade NOT the MV3 ...opps I meant MVP.
Dude...

Look at the team kobe had 05-06... It may have not been much worse than wades this year, but it was definitely not any better....lakers wouldnt have made the playoffs without kobe, and it was in a tougher conference than what wade plays in now...

Im just saying... If your saying how is wade not the MVP now... How was kobe not then?


Last edited by RepDBlock; 04-14-2009 at 12:01 AM..
 9 years ago '06        #249
iNSPiRED4fR33 
space
avatar space
space
$1,569 | Props total: 79 79
 RepDBlock said:
Dude...

Look at the team kobe had 05-06... It may have not been much worse than wades this year, but it was definitely not any better....lakers wouldnt have made the playoffs without kobe, and it was in a tougher conference than what wade plays in now...

Im just saying... If your saying how is wade not the MVP now... How was kobe not then?
I think Kobe shouldve gotten it that year, & im not saying Wade should get it this year cuz he's my fav player but i just think he has such a more success story than Lebron does, I think he's more deserving than Bron, much more an underdog, got a lot more to prove, and has put it in alot more work gettin to the places he's gotten to.

No hate to Lebron I almost positive he's gonna get the MVP and Im ok wit that I dont totally disagree but he's always been and always will be a notch below Dwyane Wade in my eyes, reguardless of the kind of season there having or the position of there respected teams.
 9 years ago '05        #250
RepDBlock 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,240 | Props total: 33 33
 iNSPiRED4fR33 said:
I think Kobe shouldve gotten it that year, & im not saying Wade should get it this year cuz he's my fav player but i just think he has such a more success story than Lebron does, I think he's more deserving than Bron, much more an underdog, got a lot more to prove, and has put it in alot more work gettin to the places he's gotten to.

No hate to Lebron I almost positive he's gonna get the MVP and Im ok wit that I dont totally disagree but he's always been and always will be a notch below Dwyane Wade in my eyes, reguardless of the kind of season there having or the position of there respected teams.
Thats real, i respect that.... My whole thing was, there are people like you who feel wade should win this year, but think its a joke to think kobe should have won that year. Your not one of them though i see...


I dunno, i kinda agree with you. As far as basketball Talent, Wade is better than lebron. As far as strength and athletic ability, lebron wins there hands down... I dont think a lot of people see the difference.

I said like a month ago to one of my friends, whoever finishes with the best record either kobe or lebron would win.
 9 years ago '05        #251
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
Ok, the thing that I hate beyond belief is the idea that since the Heat are the 5th seed in the east it is so much better than what Kobe did in 04-06. The Lakers finished .500 and were in the lottery. The Heat are five games over .500 in the east and are the 5th seed. Even Wade fans have to see what is being said there.. Just because you finish with a high seed in the east doesn't mean anything. It's the record that matters.

Also.. Kobe averaged 35ppg with SMUSH PARKER and KWAME BROWN starting. Lamar Odom was the ONLY player worth a damn on that team and he wasn't even that good. Odom needs to be a third or fourth option to be affective. I mean.. we had Brian Cook.. Luke Walton (who was fat and out of shape... worse than he is now).. and a host of other awful players.

Wade has a very nice starting PG. Rookie or not, he's played very well. Beasley is still a good player. I just saw this dude get like 28/16 the other day. Give the man the ball a bit and see what he can do. You had Marion for the first half of the season and got JO the other half. JO has been putting up good numbers for you guys as well.

All I hate about the MVP race is it seems to be completely bias against Kobe. Now, I've said that I think LeBron should be MVP this year. I also think Wade should get some recognition, but definitely not above Kobe. I think Dwight should get some love as well.

The thing that I hate is how when Nash was winning MVPs nobody gave a s**t that he had Amare, Marion, Joe Johnson (think he was there for one year..), Quintin Richardson (had some good years with the Suns), ect... This dude was surrounded by talent -- probably the most in the league. Yet, he wins back to back MVPs.

People said "Nah... not about the team.. about winning games!" -- Ok fine.. I could see that because Nash and the Suns were always finishing near the top record wise. Well, now people say that Kobe has too many good players around him. Ok fine, but he's still finishing at the top of the west and number two overall in the league.

Again, Lebron deserves the MVP this year. Played like a stud and got his team #1 overall. I just don't see how fans and especially the media make so much about Wade now, but not for Kobe. In fact, go look it up.. Kobe during the years that he was putting up 35ppg a year.. he actually got fifth place votes and some had him off the ballot completely.
 9 years ago '04        #252
l0udm0uf 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,678 | Props total: 3 3
james should get it this year/ but dont think that kobe wouldnt do those numbers if he didnt have the talent around him that he does
 04-17-2009, 09:13 PM         #253
dakingof225 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm not even a fan, but you have to go with Lebron or Wade. Those teams are nothing without either one of them. However on that note i'd give it to Wade since the Cavs are at least competitive without Lebron.
 9 years ago '08        #254
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$4,888 | Props total: 3 3
 l0udm0uf said:
james should get it this year/ but dont think that kobe wouldnt do those numbers if he didnt have the talent around him that he does
Yea, Kobe is definitely holding out. He even said it at a post game interview. So I expect him to average 30 ppg throughout the playoffs...
 9 years ago '05        #255
Sakriphyse88 
space
space
space
$1,301 | Props total: 17 17
King james vs dwade on mvp(minus kobum)

James takin it this year..no explntions...
 9 years ago '06        #256
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
avatar space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
Anyone saying Kobe is obviously a Fakers fan. It's obviously between Wade and LeBron but people just want to involve the rapist in everything.

Part of me says give it to LeBron but KG had the best record last year and deserved the MVP over Kobe and he didn't get it so I think everyone knows that the MVP is a sham anyways and doesn't hold much more weight than the all-star game MVP.
 9 years ago '05        #257
_Player2 208 heat pts208
space
avatar space
space
$13,407 | Props total: 9256 9256
LOL@Wade leading the votes...

I agree that Wade's season this year was better than Kobe / LeBron's '06 seasons, but this is LeBron's award in a RUNAWAY, and it's not even close. His team has 67 wins and he's 2nd in scoring and averaged 29 7 and 7 with blocks and steals. Wade's having an incredible season but you can't give it to him over a guy who's having a stellar season and his team has 67 wins.


LOL@Wade having 100 more votes than Dwight Howard (team had 59 wins with their 2nd best player in Jameer Nelson out for half the season) and Chris Paul

This site is for 12 year olds seems like now, and your guys' sports knowledge is severely lacking. Thanks for listening, bye.
 9 years ago '07        #258
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
avatar space
space
$34,389 | Props total: 13058 13058
 FlippiN Oz's said:
LOL@Wade leading the votes...

I agree that Wade's season this year was better than Kobe / LeBron's '06 seasons, but this is LeBron's award in a RUNAWAY, and it's not even close. His team has 67 wins and he's 2nd in scoring and averaged 29 7 and 7 with blocks and steals. Wade's having an incredible season but you can't give it to him over a guy who's having a stellar season and his team has 67 wins.


LOL@Wade having 100 more votes than Dwight Howard (team had 59 wins with their 2nd best player in Jameer Nelson out for half the season) and Chris Paul

This site is for 12 year olds seems like now, and your guys' sports knowledge is severely lacking. Thanks for listening, bye.
ur problem is not realizing that people here don't vote by the media's criteria, so they might actually pick the MOST VALUABLE player, and not just the best player on the best team. by the standards the media uses, wade could have a drop off in stats and the heat could pick up an all-star, in effect making him LESS valuable, but if they won 60 games, he'd run away with the award. it's a joke. unless they rename it some other s**t or create an MOP, nobody really takes it seriously anyway. besides, the media plays favorites just as bad as anybody here does. after all, lebron came in second in DPOY voting and everybody knows that's bulls**t.
 9 years ago '05        #259
_Player2 208 heat pts208
space
avatar space
space
$13,407 | Props total: 9256 9256
LeBron doesn't have nearly the best supporting cast either, plus they have the same team as last year ( + Mo Williams) & they won 47 games in '08, as opposed to 67 this year. Do you think Mo Williams is the reason they won 20 more games than last year? How can you take anything away from someone's value because he plays on a 67 win ballclub?
 9 years ago '07        #260
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
avatar space
space
$34,389 | Props total: 13058 13058
 FlippiN Oz's said:
LeBron doesn't have nearly the best supporting cast either, plus they have the same team as last year ( + Mo Williams) & they won 47 games in '08, as opposed to 67 this year. Do you think Mo Williams is the reason they won 20 more games than last year? How can you take anything away from someone's value because he plays on a 67 win ballclub?
the cavs rn't nearly as sorry of a squad as people like to pretend they r. no, they might not be great minus lebron, but that's cuz they're tailor-fitted to suit him. they have, after all, been building this team without setback for 6 years now. i just think it's funny that the only thing making lebron the clear-cut candidate is that his team has improved while he hasn't as opposed to last year, the award is oxymoronic in that regard.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 42
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 41
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 37
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 26
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 26
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 23
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 16
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
15 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 15
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
71 comments
2 days ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy