Official NBA MVP Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
 120
 NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
26 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 116
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 89
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
21 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 86
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
133 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

MVP for this year in the NBA?
Kobe 84 29.58%
Lebron 64 22.54%
Wade 105 36.97%
Peirce 6 2.11%
Duncan 4 1.41%
Williams (jazz) 1 0.35%
Chris Paul 4 1.41%
Howard 8 2.82%
Billups 1 0.35%
Granger (yeah i had to add this one lol) 0 0%
Bradon Roy 1 0.35%
Dirk 1 0.35%
OTHER (please post who you think is MVP) 5 1.76%
Voters: 284. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '08        #201
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$4,888 | Props total: 3 3
I want Kobe to get it again, but Lebron will win it.....

Close Thread
 9 years ago '08        #202
sasuke-sama313 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,731 | Props total: 64 64
 Andre3000 said:
I mean I dont agree with what they judge a MVP by. BUT if they are judging it off what they claim then no CP3 didn't get robbed. And how didn't CP3 not have HALF of what Kobe had last year. Team wasn't that bad at all. Either way if you would have told any1 that LA would lead the west last year no1 would listen to you. If you would have told LA they could lead the west as soon as Bynum got injured no1 would listen to you. Race was close and could have went either way.

If I was doing MVP Id prob give it to Cp3 last year. Nash wouldn't have 1 because of the fact he doesn't play any d.

Wade would prob get it this year too.
and at the beginning of last year if u would have told anyone the lakers would have pau gasol no one would believe u
 9 years ago '06        #203
Mr.Heismen 
space
avatar space
space
$3,163 | Props total: 7 7
anybody but kobe close thread
 9 years ago '08        #204
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
wow @ wade winning it in this thread. f**king christ he has less than 40 wins it's lebrons this year for sure.!
 9 years ago '07        #205
ptwist 43 heat pts43
space
avatar space
space
$16,106 | Props total: 6316 6316
Lebron imo already sealed it.
 9 years ago '07        #206
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
avatar space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
i've been flip flopping between Wade and Dwight for a while, but I'm still sticking with dwight. guy's an absolute monster and his team would be s**t without him.
 9 years ago '06        #207
iNSPiRED4fR33 
space
avatar space
space
$1,562 | Props total: 76 76
you people talk about wins and thats not a result of the mvp wins are a team effort. lebron doesnt beat all these squads by himself he has much help as does kobe. miami went from a 15 win season (without wade) to an eventual 40+ win season right there in the middle of the playoff race. that alone shows his relevance. im pretty sure lebrons gonna get the mvp cuz the world is on his d**k like crazy but i think wade is more deserving of it and i think kobe is the best all around player.
 9 years ago '06        #208
iNSPiRED4fR33 
space
avatar space
space
$1,562 | Props total: 76 76
 Spiffy818 said:
^^^^^^^ Dude seriously, every thread every post I see from you is d**k riding wade, stfu already. Dont make the guy sound like the GOAT. I understand your a fan, you relaly like wade, but 99% of the people dont see it the way you do. I am a Kobe fan, but can admit Lebron deserves it and Lebron > Kobe past few weeks if not Month if not Season, but all time ?? no way, not yet atleast
I agree wit u Lebron is not better than Kobe and never will be but fan or not Ill take Wade over Bron any day of the week.
 9 years ago '05        #209
ThaHustla 
space
avatar space
space
$425 | Props total: 0 0
Personally, I think it should go to Kobe.
He basically playing the same as last year, same injuries (With bynum going down again) except now they lead the west more convicingly.
If consistency can get it for Nash, i dont see why it dosent apply to him.


If you look at it in the literal sense i think it goes to Dwight Howard, but he dosent have the same media backing as Lebron.
 9 years ago '08        #210
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
^ So u basicallly gonna discredit all the s**t lebron has done and give it to Kobe when Bron has more wins and every stats is better than Kobe??? :wtf: and Kobe has a better team than Lebron, dont kid urself..lebron has it locked
 9 years ago '05        #211
ThaHustla 
space
avatar space
space
$425 | Props total: 0 0
 wepainters said:
^ So u basicallly gonna discredit all the s**t lebron has done and give it to Kobe when Bron has more wins and every stats is better than Kobe??? :wtf: and Kobe has a better team than Lebron, dont kid urself..lebron has it locked
I Dont disagree that Lebron has it locked, like i said he has all the media backing.
I said it should go to kobe or dwight, who both have accomplished as much if not more than lebron this season.
With tonights loss there about a game or 2 above the lakers, not much especially considering they play in a weaker conference, and have lost most of their games against ``elite`` teams (spurs, lakers, magic, c`s)
This season I havent seen lebron step up in any defining games or moments, he couldnt match or beat kobes 61 at the garden, he couldnt stop the lakers from f**kin up they home record.
I expect him 2 win but if were going by recent mvp history, than kobe gets it for consistency
otherwise, like i said i wanna see dwight get it
 9 years ago '06        #212
jj01 
space
avatar space
space
$44,959 | Props total: 4679 4679
 ThaHustla said:
I Dont disagree that Lebron has it locked, like i said he has all the media backing.
I said it should go to kobe or dwight, who both have accomplished as much if not more than lebron this season.
With tonights loss there about a game or 2 above the lakers, not much especially considering they play in a weaker conference, and have lost most of their games against ``elite`` teams (spurs, lakers, magic, c`s)
This season I havent seen lebron step up in any defining games or moments, he couldnt match or beat kobes 61 at the garden, he couldnt stop the lakers from f**kin up they home record.
I expect him 2 win but if were going by recent mvp history, than kobe gets it for consistency
otherwise, like i said i wanna see dwight get it
your bias is disgusting. they are damn near identical record wise when kobe easily has the better team, plus the cavs had significant injuries to several players. players who missed weeks on end at damn near every position and he still managed to get them to hold it together and be up 2 games. dwight is not clutch at all, not a threat with the game on the line, thats what hurts him along with his overnight camps in the lane.

why is lebron's defining moment supposed to be scoring more than kobe at the garden? thats a moronic statement, even tho bron had the better game. you also fail to mention that the western conference has been down this year with every team having multiple significant injuries or the race would have been a lot closer than it is for the top spot. lakers have been relatively light on the injury side compared to the other teams.
 9 years ago '05        #213
ThaHustla 
space
avatar space
space
$425 | Props total: 0 0
 jj01 said:
your bias is disgusting. they are damn near identical record wise when kobe easily has the better team, plus the cavs had significant injuries to several players. players who missed weeks on end at damn near every position and he still managed to get them to hold it together and be up 2 games. dwight is not clutch at all, not a threat with the game on the line, thats what hurts him along with his overnight camps in the lane.

why is lebron's defining moment supposed to be scoring more than kobe at the garden? thats a moronic statement, even tho bron had the better game. you also fail to mention that the western conference has been down this year with every team having multiple significant injuries or the race would have been a lot closer than it is for the top spot. lakers have been relatively light on the injury side compared to the other teams.
Losing your starting center is light on the injury side?? Thats not a significant injury?
I like how everyone acts like lebrons squad (which has something like 5 all stars) are a bunch of bums
And that would be a defining moment of his season, seeing as Kobe broke the record and the expectation was that Lebron would break it again.
Dwight has his flaws like you said, but the ball dosent come 2 him in the clutch as often as a lebron, so thats more of an effect of svg coaching style. Regardless, hes been beasting this entire season and the reason magic are 2nd in the east right now.
 9 years ago '06        #214
jj01 
space
avatar space
space
$44,959 | Props total: 4679 4679
 ThaHustla said:
Losing your starting center is light on the injury side?? Thats not a significant injury?
I like how everyone acts like lebrons squad (which has something like 5 all stars) are a bunch of bums
And that would be a defining moment of his season, seeing as Kobe broke the record and the expectation was that Lebron would break it again.
Dwight has his flaws like you said, but the ball dosent come 2 him in the clutch as often as a lebron, so thats more of an effect of svg coaching style. Regardless, hes been beasting this entire season and the reason magic are 2nd in the east right now.

i love how ppl act like bynum is some unstoppable force that the lakers absolutely cant live without. dude has been in the league not all that long and really hasnt done all that much for the lakers. when comparing his injury to other teams in the west who have actually lost all-star calliber players for a long stretch oftime then ya that bynum injury is on the light side. lebron has 1 all-star only due to injury to about 4 other players. he has a nice cast tho im not saying they are bums. they know their role and contribute. but they have been injured thruout the season.

lebron doesnt define his season by trying to score more than kobe, that is nonsense nobody was saying he needed to 1 up that output, even tho he had an all around better output.

magic are 3rd in the east, mostly due to kg's and the celtics injuries. yes jameer is injured but he isnt more important that kg plus celtics have had almost no bench due to injuries. dwight will never be a threat in the clutch, once the game slows down he loses his athletic advantage somewhat and is a lost puppy. he is a liability also with his ft woes.
 9 years ago '08        #215
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 ThaHustla said:
I Dont disagree that Lebron has it locked, like i said he has all the media backing.
I said it should go to kobe or dwight, who both have accomplished as much if not more than lebron this season.
With tonights loss there about a game or 2 above the lakers, not much especially considering they play in a weaker conference, and have lost most of their games against ``elite`` teams (spurs, lakers, magic, c`s)
This season I havent seen lebron step up in any defining games or moments, he couldnt match or beat kobes 61 at the garden, he couldnt stop the lakers from f**kin up they home record.
I expect him 2 win but if were going by recent mvp history, than kobe gets it for consistency
otherwise, like i said i wanna see dwight get it
What does media riding Lebrons nuts have to do with him having better stats than Kobe, more wins than Kobe and a weaker team
 9 years ago '05        #216
ThaHustla 
space
avatar space
space
$425 | Props total: 0 0
 jj01 said:
i love how ppl act like bynum is some unstoppable force that the lakers absolutely cant live without. dude has been in the league not all that long and really hasnt done all that much for the lakers. when comparing his injury to other teams in the west who have actually lost all-star calliber players for a long stretch oftime then ya that bynum injury is on the light side. lebron has 1 all-star only due to injury to about 4 other players. he has a nice cast tho im not saying they are bums. they know their role and contribute. but they have been injured thruout the season.

lebron doesnt define his season by trying to score more than kobe, that is nonsense nobody was saying he needed to 1 up that output, even tho he had an all around better output.

magic are 3rd in the east, mostly due to kg's and the celtics injuries. yes jameer is injured but he isnt more important that kg plus celtics have had almost no bench due to injuries. dwight will never be a threat in the clutch, once the game slows down he loses his athletic advantage somewhat and is a lost puppy. he is a liability also with his ft woes.
I never said he was allstar caliber, but they lost him just as we was picking up momemtum and he is a huge part of the laker team.
Performance in the clutch dosent= mvp, Dwight season has been spectacular and the magic have benefited from that.
And the cavaliers literally have 5 all stars on their team (lebron and mo this year, former all stars in wally, z and ben)
What has kobe done differently (worse) that he dosent deserve mvp twice like steve nash?
And even if you disagree with that, why is Dwight's season not equal or better than lebrons, 4.5 games? cause having the best record dosent make u mvp either (according to the way theyve been chosen lately anyway)
edit: 5.5 games


Last edited by ThaHustla; 04-02-2009 at 11:07 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #217
jj01 
space
avatar space
space
$44,959 | Props total: 4679 4679
 ThaHustla said:
I never said he was allstar caliber, but they lost him just as we was picking up momemtum and he is a huge part of the laker team.
Performance in the clutch dosent= mvp, Dwight season has been spectacular and the magic have benefited from that.
And the cavaliers literally have 5 all stars on their team (lebron and mo this year, former all stars in wally, z and ben)
What has kobe done differently (worse) that he dosent deserve mvp twice like steve nash?
And even if you disagree with that, why is Dwight's season not equal or better than lebrons, 4.5 games? cause having the best record dosent make u mvp either (according to the way theyve been chosen lately anyway)

bynum is not as important as you make him out to be.

you're correct clutch doesnt= mvp, so y then do you try and discredit lebrons stats by saying he hasnt stepped up in the clutch and had "defining moments"? d12 also has 2 "current" all stars on his team to help shoulder that load so he has a s**tload of help.

what does former all stars from like 4-5 years ago have to do with this season?
cp3 deserved the mvp last year, lebron deserves it this year.
 9 years ago '06        #218
jj01 
space
avatar space
space
$44,959 | Props total: 4679 4679
 xyz11scorp21xyz said:
if you're a laker fan, and you watch every game, you would know how important bynum is to us. we struggled with injuries just as much as any other team. allstar or not, we lost our starting center. we lost jordan farmar for about 5 weeks. luke for a while. sasha beginning of the season. i'm not saying these are all allstar players or anything, but we struggled with injuries just as much as any team

second, the lakers have just as much allstars as the cavs this year. 2. and the lakers only have 2 guys on their entire roster that ever made the allstar game in their careers.

the cavs have 4. and every one of them except mo williams was a multiple time allstar.
lebron, mo, ben wallace, big z

granted they're not as good as they once was, but they're damn capable of getting the job done.

you said that other guy being bias disgusted you, and i think you're a bit bias on the other side, you're giving lebron too much credit and discrediting kobe and the lakers a bit too much.

having said all of that. i think lebron deserves the mvp this year

the lakers injuries arent even close to most of the other teams in the league esp in the west

rockets
spurs
mavs
hornets
blazers
jazz
suns
nuggets

have all had all star players,some multiple all stars miss significant amount of games. pau was a franchise player just 1 year ago im sorry that doesnt make him equal to mo williams. lebron has a weaker cast.
 9 years ago '08        #219
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
Stop arguing with these bias laker/kobe stans. They will go to the end to prove a false statement.
 9 years ago '06        #220
jj01 
space
avatar space
space
$44,959 | Props total: 4679 4679
 xyz11scorp21xyz said:
kobe and lebron cancel each other out
pau/odom > big z/ben wallace (even though ben wallace has a totally different type of game)
and beside that. cavs > at every other position


edit: forgot. so which one of those teams actually played without an allstar for a long time. dont say t-mac or manu, cuz neither of them have been playing at allstar level when they have been playing.
other than that.
josh howard missed like 10-15 games
deron missed like 10 games
hornets? who tyson chandler? peja. not allstars
blazers? oden, fernandez? who?
never knew nuggets struggled with injuries, can't think of anyone
and i'll give you the suns. amare stoudamire is definitely a big piece

the lakers stars or top players s**t all over the cavs top players.


yao missed some games due to injury, of course t-mac but if he doesnt count in your eyes then artest who has played better has missed like 20 games.
parker and ginobili have missed over 50 games combined duncan has also missed over 10with injury
j howard missed over 30 games, terry also missed over 20 games
d will missed about 15 games, boozer who just got back has missed over half theseason
david west has missed 10 games,add that with chandler and peja out a long time
like it or not greg oden was a significant piece of the blazers plans this season and has been out
nuggets were without melo for about 15 games also
you already know about the suns

face it the lakers have been rather lucky to have had less injuries to major parts


Last edited by jj01; 04-02-2009 at 11:54 PM..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 42
Video inside Who is she!!
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 37
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 31
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 20
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
78 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 14
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
87 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 11
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
202 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy