Official NBA MVP Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
118 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
21 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
22 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

MVP for this year in the NBA?
Kobe 84 29.58%
Lebron 64 22.54%
Wade 105 36.97%
Peirce 6 2.11%
Duncan 4 1.41%
Williams (jazz) 1 0.35%
Chris Paul 4 1.41%
Howard 8 2.82%
Billups 1 0.35%
Granger (yeah i had to add this one lol) 0 0%
Bradon Roy 1 0.35%
Dirk 1 0.35%
OTHER (please post who you think is MVP) 5 1.76%
Voters: 284. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '08        #181
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
I don't give a sh*t about the MVP no more but the Queen will win it.
 9 years ago '04        #182
Mega 
space
space
$5,594 | Props total: 981 981
I look at it like this, when Kobe was putting up numbers, and the Lakers were barely making the playoffs. Nash was winning it. That discounts Wade right there. When Shaq was putting up numbers and the best in the game, everyone from Dirk to Duncan to Iverson were winning. He only got one, but people were saying he was the best player. That discounts Kobe.

Lebron
Kobe
Wade
Howard
Paul
 9 years ago '07        #183
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,386 | Props total: 13044 13044
real shocker there :wow:

too bad if luke was kobe, his dad still wouldn't vote for him :smh2:
 9 years ago '06        #184
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
lmao that's like delonte west saying lebron should be mvp who cares what that guy has to say
 9 years ago '07        #185
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
Why is Dwight Howard getting no love for MVP?

Do people honestly believe the Magic would be even half as good as they are without him? they would suck without him. Guy puts up 20 and 20 like its nothing. If MVP really stood for most valuable player and wasnt a highschool prom king contest, D12 should win.
 9 years ago '05        #186
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
Dwight deserves love, but not more than Kobe or LeBron. He'll finish 4th, but deserves at least third. The media is in love with Wade right now, so he'll finish at least third (probably second).

Look.. I'll tell you the top four MVP votes right now. It's a lock: Lebron, Wade, Kobe, Dwight.

Kobe won't get love.. because he's Kobe. Should have about four MVP's right now, but that's ok. LeBron actually deserves it this year. Playing like a monster.. as long as Cavs finish #1 he'll get it. If the Lakers finish #1 then Kobe will get it (I dont think Lakers will finish #1)
 9 years ago '08        #187
TigerUppercut 
space
space
$2,419 | Props total: 27 27
Coming down the stretch, it looks like Lebron should be the clear winner. This coming from one of the biggest Kobe fans in the world. Lebron stans rejoice...
 9 years ago '08        #188
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 Spiffy818 said:
@ you fools hating on luke. Dont be mad cuz he is speaking the truth, and yes the truth hurts. Just cuz your favorite star is no where on Kobes level, doesnt mean you have to attack the white boy.

:finger:
The queen has the MVP locked this year, get mad :greetings10:
 9 years ago '08        #189
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
Kobe doesn't deserve the MVP this year that's for sure...Hell Pau has been playing like a real MVP for the Lakers past 10 games or so
 9 years ago '06        #190
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,987 | Props total: 10655 10655
Cause the people who get to vote are dumb a.sses.Sittin here watchin espn and he's on here sayin last year even though paul had a better year he and others voted for kobe because it would be a shame for kobe to finish his career without an mvp.Goes on to say he didn't vote for nash for a third straight mvp because he didn't feel he deserves to be put on the same list as others who did it so he voted for dirk.Goes on to say he'll be votin for lebron this year because he factors in "legacy" and basically sayin he'll vote for lebron to add to his legacy

Hahaha....wtf?These are the guys votin for the mvp?How many of some of the greatest players of all time not received an mvp award.Its not about where u rank all time or if ur goin to be ranked higher all time then a guy who outplayed you that year...its an awd for who performs the best that year and is most valuable to their team.Does this annoy anybody else by basically knowing with how these idiots vote for mvp guys like chris paul, dwayne wade, and dwight howard and other guys who might have some great season on offense and defense will be robbed of a few mvps because lebron and whoever else they choose to d**kride are going to be guarenteed multiple mvp to help their legacy?Mvps are earned not givin
 03-30-2009, 10:14 PM         #191
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bron deserves it this year without question tho and hell get it. Dunno what the fuss is about CP3 could have got it last year. But I didn't see him as worthy as Kobe either. and not because of some lifetime achievement s**t. for the most part MVP has meant having the best record in your conference or at least #2. 2nd factor are stats. Nash needs to give back his though. at the worst defender of all time being MVP twice

Last edited by Andre3000; 03-30-2009 at 10:19 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #192
MATIX 
space
space
$7,987 | Props total: 68 68
legacy bulls**t. thats f'ed up
 9 years ago '06        #193
Jersey826 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,826 | Props total: 1171 1171
It came down to best record in the West last year between Paul and Kobe. And when the game came around that would've have moved either the Hornets or the Lakers to the top Kobe prevailed. That is what really cemented it for Kobe last year.

If Cavs remain with the best record then Lebron will win it and deserve it. He's having a crazy statistical year. One stat though that I'm suprised to not ever see mentioned when speaking of Lebron this year and in the MVP debate in general is their teams records against the elite teams in the league (Lakers, Boston, Orlando, Cleveland, Spurs).

In this category Lakers are 6-3 Cavs are 3-5.
 03-30-2009, 10:34 PM         #194
BIG POPPA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
most valauble player

in my opinion if you take kobe off la they are still a good team
if you take lebron off of cavs there still a good team
but if you take chris paul off new orleans they are a lottery team
same with mia without dwade = lottery team
then look how boston struggled when kg went out
im picking CP3
 9 years ago '06        #195
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
Ok so let me get this straight...paul didn't get robbed last year because kobe had a better record even though paul statisticallt was better and didn't have half of what kobe had around him....then turn around and say kobe got robbed with nash when nash only had better stats but his team was better lol.....um ok

And about lebron havin a lock.How the f**k...number one on if were just lookin at offense you can make a case although wade leads him in every stat but rebounds....but this is a defensive game too and wade is leaps and bounds above lebron in d....as for havin a historical season statwise...he doesn't lead in one single stat
 9 years ago '06        #196
Jersey826 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,826 | Props total: 1171 1171
 BIG POPPA said:
most valauble player

im picking CP3
I agree when you stricly look at the definition of the word. But if you did just go by definition of the word you could make a case for any "good" player on a bad team. It ultimately comes down to the almighty W.

One thing that kinda cements that the right decision was made last year though is the fact that while the Lakers have had their spot atop the West for basically the whole season the Hornets, led by Paul, are in the 7th spot right now.
 9 years ago '06        #197
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 BIG POPPA said:
most valauble player

im picking CP3
exactly...and that's what its supposed to mean...but now its turned into who has more fans and who's liked more in the media or trying to create false legacys...its bulls**t
 9 years ago '06        #198
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,784 | Props total: 2285 2285
Lebron deserves it and he will get it
 03-30-2009, 10:53 PM         #199
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 philly337 said:
Ok so let me get this straight...paul didn't get robbed last year because kobe had a better record even though paul statisticallt was better and didn't have half of what kobe had around him....then turn around and say kobe got robbed with nash when nash only had better stats but his team was better lol.....um ok

And about lebron havin a lock.How the f**k...number one on if were just lookin at offense you can make a case although wade leads him in every stat but rebounds....but this is a defensive game too and wade is leaps and bounds above lebron in d....as for havin a historical season statwise...he doesn't lead in one single stat
I mean I dont agree with what they judge a MVP by. BUT if they are judging it off what they claim then no CP3 didn't get robbed. And how didn't CP3 not have HALF of what Kobe had last year. Team wasn't that bad at all. Either way if you would have told any1 that LA would lead the west last year no1 would listen to you. If you would have told LA they could lead the west as soon as Bynum got injured no1 would listen to you. Race was close and could have went either way.

If I was doing MVP Id prob give it to Cp3 last year. Nash wouldn't have 1 because of the fact he doesn't play any d.

Wade would prob get it this year too.
 03-30-2009, 10:58 PM         #200
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and I need proof Bron off the Cavs is a good team. I hate Bron like the next n*gga but theyd be a lottery team as well even in the East. theyd prob be a couple games under .500 if he was gone a season. Or .500 at best if lucky.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
78 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
87 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
202 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy