***The Official Resident Evil 5 Thread***

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
88 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
19 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
214 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
44 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #221
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
I don't know I loved RE 4...and RE 5 just doesn't do it for me...I can't figure out why...It's not he controls, it's not the story, I can't put my finger on it...but I am/was seriously dissapointed in this one...When I can pinpoint why i'll let you all know...

actually I think I know why I don't like this one...I think it's the co-op factor of it...it doesn't have the same feeling as old RE's with the going at it alone...and f!ghting for your life alone...that made the other RE's scarier then they were... (Although Dead Space is some scary sh*t) which is another reason I personally didn't like this RE...it's outside and too fu*king bright...bring that sh*t inside and into some dark a.ss hallways, and put these graphics on it...then that sh*t will be fu*king ill...untill then Blah
 9 years ago '06        #222
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
 kuruption81 said:
Two minutes? That's pretty good. You're the one saying that RE5 is not a "real" RE game yet RE4 is. It's the same formula.
Yes and I was obviously wrong because RE4 was just as action based, it had co-op where your partner was basically another layer of offense and defense as well as a second inventory pack for you so you'd seldom find a need to scavenger and have a true feeling that you're trying to survive an epidemic on your own as best as you can, it didn't have any puzzles at all, and all the suspenseful moments in the dark cloudy skies of Europe gave off the same effect as RE5's in the glowing sun of Africa. Like I said, you're right, I'm wrong. RE5=RE4 with better graphics and nothing more, and I apologize for ever pointing out any flaws in any game ever and voicing my opinion.

Last edited by jayvivz; 03-13-2009 at 09:59 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #223
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,329 | Props total: 1654 1654
 jayvivz said:
"Not I," said the cat. We obviously had two different experiences playing the game, which is whatever, but the fact is RE4 was much more of a Resident Evil than this one is.
 jayvivz said:
Yes and I was obviously wrong because RE4 was just as action based, it had co-op where your partner was basically another layer of offense and defense as well as a second inventory pack for you so you'd seldom find a need to scavenger and have a true feeling that you're trying to survive an epidemic on your own as best as you can, it didn't have any puzzles at all, and all the suspenseful moments in the dark cloudy skies of Europe gave off the same effect as RE5's in the glowing sun of Africa. Like I said, you're right, I'm wrong. RE5=RE4 with better graphics and nothing more, and I apologize for ever pointing out any flaws in any game ever and voicing my opinion.
I agree/disagree to some of the things that you've pointed out..but jay, you know you complain a lot about disappointing games, just let it go

If I'm not mistaken you also criticized Fallout 3 before you played it, then after you played it praised it like hell
 9 years ago '04        #224
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,593 | Props total: 1013 1013
 jayvivz said:
I was just as action based, but I agree with you on the co-op had had you said that from the jumpoff like Ill did, we wouldn't have to waste our time. My point is, everyone (not so much you) knew this going into it. There were countless videos and screenshots. Why is everyone so shocked?
 9 years ago '04        #225
space
space
 Left Hook said:
I agree/disagree to some of the things that you've pointed out..but jay, you know you complain a lot about disappointing games, just let it go

If I'm not mistaken you also criticized Fallout 3 before you played it, then after you played it praised it like hell
Not to mention he constantly bi*ched about KZ2 and he's always on that as well. What's the point in complaining if you're going to still go hard with the game?
 03-13-2009, 10:13 PM         #226
graydome 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
early days for me, i'm finding a couple of things frustrating but i'll persevere to get a better feeling for the game. Its odd, Resi 2 is one of my favorite games ever but I didn't enjoy 4 nearly as much... I'm getting that same feeling with this one.
 9 years ago '06        #227
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
It's called voicing your opinion. Sorry if you're all "disappointed" that I don't sugar coat things when I talk about games, but if I see deep flaws, even in games that I very much enjoy, I'm going to point them out. I'm not going to just say everything that's great about a game and be lenient on the things that aren't good. I'm not going to be half brained with my commentary like most people on this site are. I'm going to be thorough with my analyses, not just say "yo dis game hot" or "yo dis game wack." And besides, these aren't even the only games I do this with. I do it with every game that I've enjoyed from Mass Effect, a.ssassin's Creed, Army of Two, Gears 2. Nobody complained before, but now you all are acting like it's taboo to criticize a game now. Why is everyone so shocked? Is it because now I'm doing it to games that people are so obsessed with? My bad. Next time, I'll just avoid sparking up discussions that contain more than the words "dope" and "crazy." We'll stick to the status quo.
 9 years ago '04        #228
Dee 
space
space
$1,138 | Props total: 0 0
<Goes back to playing Fallout 3 and waits for the used price on RE 5.
 9 years ago '06        #229
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
 Dee said:
<Goes back to playing Fallout 3 and waits for the used price on RE 5.
Chill, the game is nice. I've watched almost all of Chapter 1 and it looks fun. I might do the GameStop trade in with Rock Band 2 and Fallout 3 to cop this for $20 so I can actually play through it. Make that bi*ch a.ss n*gga P-Hill get it too so I can make him my Sheva.
 03-13-2009, 10:35 PM         #230
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jayvivz said:
Make that bi*ch a.ss n*gga P-Hill get it too so I can make him my Sheva.

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '06        #231
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
Don't tell him I said that though. He'll mess around and get it for 360 to spite me. :(
 03-13-2009, 10:39 PM         #232
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I just found this it really should be applied to k!llzone but I still found it funny

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '04        #233
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4
this game is dope as hell...I need to find a real life sheva

:D
 9 years ago '04        #234
yo baby daddy 
space
space
$796 | Props total: 27 27
is veteran the last difficulty on RE5? or do you unlock another harder difficulty if you beat it on vetran??
 9 years ago '04        #235
space
space
 TriangleOffense said:
I just found this it really should be applied to k!llzone but I still found it funny

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '04        #236
space
space
 jayvivz said:
It's called voicing your opinion. Sorry if you're all "disappointed" that I don't sugar coat things when I talk about games, but if I see deep flaws, even in games that I very much enjoy, I'm going to point them out. I'm not going to just say everything that's great about a game and be lenient on the things that aren't good. I'm not going to be half brained with my commentary like most people on this site are. I'm going to be thorough with my analyses, not just say "yo dis game hot" or "yo dis game wack." And besides, these aren't even the only games I do this with. I do it with every game that I've enjoyed from Mass Effect, a.ssassin's Creed, Army of Two, Gears 2. Nobody complained before, but now you all are acting like it's taboo to criticize a game now. Why is everyone so shocked? Is it because now I'm doing it to games that people are so obsessed with? My bad. Next time, I'll just avoid sparking up discussions that contain more than the words "dope" and "crazy." We'll stick to the status quo.
I hope you're not referring to me, but if you are, ah well........... I respect your opinion, you just don't seem to respect the response. So you go loose cannon, throw out insults on the low and change your sig. It's cool mayne. It's a forum where you discuss things. I'm sorry if I offended you. You still the homie though.

Last edited by KURUPTION!!!; 03-13-2009 at 11:14 PM..
 9 years ago '08        #237
knAwle3ge 73 heat pts73
space
space
$6,244 | Props total: 383 383
can you combine treasures like you did in the last one???
 9 years ago '05        #238
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,329 | Props total: 1654 1654
 jayvivz said:
No one asked you to stick to the status quo and do any of that. You can definitely voice your opinion, all I'm saying is that sometimes I know what you're like with these criticisms. Last time with Fallout you said this and that about it without playing it, but when you did, you said it was a great game (which it is).

Same with RE5. All I'm saying is that don't critique a game before you even play through it at least once, 'cause you're not going to fully immerse yourself in the experience by watching videos or looking at screenshots, you gotta pick up the controller and actually play it. If you find it sh*tty after you finish the game then alright man, you can voice your opinion any way you want.

But to me, its like "I heard that Joe Budden cat is real depressing, he only mess with emo listeners, fu*k that, lemme put that 50 music on blast."
Its not fair to the musician, the music, and you yourself. Cause you're missing out on something without even giving it a chance. After you listen to it you might still have the same opinion, like "man this sh*t is garbage, I'm gonna listen to that Ace Hood cause that n*gga gutta", or you might be like "hey Joe Budden's actually alright, his music has a deeper meaning and is actually better than I expected."

Just cop RE5, rent it, do whatever, and after finishing the complete product like what Capcom wanted you to play -- judge it, critique it, call it trash, call it cool, RE4>RE5, RE5>RE4, whatever.

I know you're an honest guy like you said, you can't candy coat your opinion, but you can't be honest with yourself when you haven't even played the full game

But yo, dis game be dope!!11

Now play the game and tell me what you think :dancingcool:

You sold your SR2 right, cause I'm bout to trade that whack game for something else :greetings10:
 03-13-2009, 11:36 PM         #239
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^I see whats coming

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 03-13-2009 at 11:38 PM..
 03-13-2009, 11:38 PM         #240
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I got a feeling when I got on Monday, I will see a few returned copies:claps:, you guys been to other forums? the complaining and crying and disappointment is being spewed all over, I think most of these people should had played RE4 a month ago to get ready for this.

btw for those that got it, how obvious is it that capcom threw in a bunch of other types in the mix of the madness and not just Black Africans?, I swore I saw some mexican guys in the demo coming after me and some stalin looking mothafu*ka.

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 03-13-2009 at 11:40 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
48 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
63 comments
23 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
101 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy