***The Official Resident Evil 5 Thread***

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #181
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
 Syringe said:
^

For all those who followed on Twitter tonight, I appreciate it. If you did, let me know and I'll prop you. Jay and I had some fun no homo
I was fololowing you on Twitter...you was cracking me up...good sh*t on the twitter though...I got an accont on there as well...I rarely speak on mine though I just use it to get information from industry folk...
 9 years ago '04        #182
MainEv3nt|M 21 heat pts21
space
space
$21,294 | Props total: 29 29
just picked my copy up today.
 03-13-2009, 12:17 PM         #183
Upstate 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this ending was really dragged out.

Like, i'm not gonna spoil it for anyone, but they dragged the hsit outta it. You'll see what i mean.

After beating the game last week, I give it a 7.5/10.
Controls seriously hindered the game's potential. And i prefer the horror side, not the action side, which they lacked on.
 9 years ago '06        #184
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
 Upstate said:
this ending was really dragged out.

Like, i'm not gonna spoil it for anyone, but they dragged the hsit outta it. You'll see what i mean.

After beating the game last week, I give it a 7.5/10.
Controls seriously hindered the game's potential. And i prefer the horror side, not the action side, which they lacked on.
I'm mad that most reviewers are just looking at it as a regular action game and not rating it as a Resident Evil game. It really lacks all the elements that makes it a Resident Evil game and reviewers should be critical on that.

It's like if they made Madden NFL 10 a basketball game. It could be a really great and fun basketball game, but it's not supposed to be so don't review it as one. That's not the best analogy, but I hope it makes the same point.

I dunno, I'm just really upset about the route Capcom went, and I can tell it was mostly for sales. Looking at the games that have done the best critically as well as commercially, and what genre they all belong to (fast-paced, high octane, Evil Knievel action shooters), it isn't hard to tell that they most likely took that approach.
 9 years ago '04        #185
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,593 | Props total: 1013 1013
 jayvivz said:
I'm mad that most reviewers are just looking at it as a regular action game and not rating it as a Resident Evil game. It really lacks all the elements that makes it a Resident Evil game and reviewers should be critical on that.

It's like if they made Madden NFL 10 a basketball game. It could be a really great and fun basketball game, but it's not supposed to be so don't review it as one. That's not the best analogy, but I hope it makes the same point.

I dunno, I'm just really upset about the route Capcom went, and I can tell it was mostly for sales. Looking at the games that have done the best critically as well as commercially, and what genre they all belong to (fast-paced, high octane, Evil Knievel action shooters), it isn't hard to tell that they most likely took that approach.
Did RE4 disappoint you as well? That was a total departure from the series as well. I think this is very similar to RE4 from what I've played so far. I'm only on 2-1, but I like it. I did underestimate how cumbersome the controls would be though. Amazing how this was considered a welcome improvement four years ago. I would have been happy if they just copied Dead Space's control set up completely. My early impressions would still be an 8/10 that could move up or down depending on how the story goes.
 9 years ago '07        #186
Syringe|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$16,858 | Props total: 2375 2375
^I agree. The Dead Space controls would have been perfect. And ill I will prop you when I get home. Good lookin'
Posted via Mobile Device
 9 years ago '06        #187
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,430 | Props total: 788 788
Its decent thus far
 9 years ago '07        #188
Antbone 
space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 1 1
dead space >>
 03-13-2009, 04:02 PM         #189
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I was going to get it today but I rather get it next week, KZ2/MLB09 got all my attention right now.
 03-13-2009, 04:05 PM         #190
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kuruption81 said:
Did RE4 disappoint you as well? That was a total departure from the series as well. I think this is very similar to RE4 from what I've played so far. I'm only on 2-1, but I like it. I did underestimate how cumbersome the controls would be though. Amazing how this was considered a welcome improvement four years ago. I would have been happy if they just copied Dead Space's control set up completely. My early impressions would still be an 8/10 that could move up or down depending on how the story goes.
Its exactly like that game, who ever didn't like that will not like this game.

btw all the people disappointed, keep in mind the series will get a REBOOT

yet again and for all we know it will be DEADSPACE'D.
 9 years ago '05        #191
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
$10,312 | Props total: 867 867
copped it last nite at midnite and iv been fu*ked up enjoyin it ever since

:applause::applause::applause:

Last edited by BurninLz; 03-13-2009 at 04:19 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #192
space
space
 Rico23 said:
Ditto...RE5 is a good game, so far RE4 looking like the better game but as far as action AND HORROR RE5 aint got sh*t on Dead Space...If not for all the Blockbuster name games that came out last year i think it would have deserved to be GOTY....
Resident Evil is no longer a survival horror franchise anymore, it's an action/shooter now. The only consistency is the story. Dead Space is more atmospheric, and Has better control, but I'll take RE5. I just love the overall fiction of the series. They need better control though. I won't argue that.

Last edited by KURUPTION!!!; 03-13-2009 at 04:50 PM..
 03-13-2009, 05:00 PM         #193
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think people expected Capcom to go out their way to make it "new", since they saw that last gen, but they took the lets keep it the same and make the next one be the different game people expect from RE series.

I can really see people whining about the pace/controls of this game, specially if you never played RE4, I would imagine some casual person who sees the commercial and how they show fast action shooting and sh*t falling for that and then be disappointed at the controls/gameplay style of the real game.

Thats why today you go all over forums and people are crying and whining, they really expected this not to be a rehashed RE4 for teh next gen consoles, they should just sell it and wait for the REBOOT which will come on the next RE game.
 9 years ago '04        #194
space
space
 DA DOPEMAN said:
I think people expected Capcom to go out their way to make it "new", since they saw that last gen, but they took the lets keep it the same and make the next one be the different game people expect from RE series.

I can really see people whining about the pace/controls of this game, specially if you never played RE4, I would imagine some casual person who sees the commercial and how they show fast action shooting and sh*t falling for that and then be disappointed at the controls/gameplay style of the real game.

Thats why today you go all over forums and people are crying and whining, they really expected this not to be a rehashed RE4 for teh next gen consoles, they should just sell it and wait for the REBOOT which will come on the next RE game.
Yup, Yup. I'm used to the controls. They could be better but the minute I saw the gameplay footage at E3 I knew it was going to control EXACTLY like RE4.
 9 years ago '05        #195
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,330 | Props total: 1654 1654
It takes like 30 minutes to fully realize the controls and feel comfortable playing with those controls for the whole length of the game. That's nothing. I admit the first 10 minutes I was like this is gonna be hard when zombies swarm around. But nah, I enjoy it now, its all good..Graphics are stunning though, beautifully designed game.

I'm playing single player at the moment, cause that's where the core experience should be at. Playing with cats on XBL ruin sh*t, they run they mouths so much and then spoil the story if they've played it before. I wanna play this ish split screen with my lil brother, but he isn't too good with shooters, more of a sports person. So I'm waiting for my cousin for splitscreen..

But yea, XBL players are annoying as hell sometimes man.
 9 years ago '04        #196
space
space
I'm gonna try to get through as much of it as possible before I play wit my homie Co-op.
 9 years ago '07        #197
Drk 10 heat pts10
space
space
$9,072 | Props total: 505 505
So is it safe to say deadspace is still the scarest game to play on PS3 I played the demo and the scar factor seems to be gone ...Still gonna cop it later on tho
 9 years ago '04        #198
space
space
 Drk said:
So is it safe to say deadspace is still the scarest game to play on PS3 I played the demo and the scar factor seems to be gone ...Still gonna cop it later on tho
Yes. By far. That sh*t is the bar as far as survival horror is concerned IMO.
 9 years ago '06        #199
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
Nobody expected Capcom to make it "new," that possibility was thrown out the window soon as the first footage was shown and it was clear as day that it was going to play as RE4. But to say that this is exactly like RE4 is absurd. There are no puzzles, no real suspenseful or scary moments, it's not as dark or eery as the past games were. It doesn't even have to do with how the controls are or if it plays like RE4.

It can play like RE4, which was a great game, hands down because they reinvented the wheel that is Resident Evil, but still retained it's core elements, which this game throws out the window. I mean everyone that's played it said that it lacks the real sense of urgency or the feeling that you're struggling to survive, using ammo and replenishing items scarcely. That's what's disappointing about this game. I wanted a real Resident Evil.
 9 years ago '04        #200
space
space
I disagree. There was nothing creppy about RE4 whatsoever. No intricate puzzles, like the previous games either. If there were, please remind me. If anything this game has more elements of the series (Wesker, Umbrella, Jill) that RE4 had. I'm interested in seeing how they are even gonna tie these together. Again, Jay I don't think Dopeman was referring to you. If you look at various boards, everyone is bi*ching about the controls like it's k!llzone 2 all over again.

Last edited by KURUPTION!!!; 03-13-2009 at 08:10 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux - December 9?
1400 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside R.I.P. Polar Bears
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy