Watchmen [2009]

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
64 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What did you think of Watchmen.
Dont Waste Your Time 22 16.67%
Worth A Download 10 7.58%
Was ok 28 21.21%
Good,Worth a movie ticket 26 19.70%
A Must see! Cant wait for DvD! 46 34.85%
Voters: 132. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 03-15-2009, 12:09 AM         #61
mamma mia  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Looks like its gonna be good.
 9 years ago '06        #62
champ 
space
space
$848 | Props total: 19 19
just got back from the theatre...i give it a 8.5/10 too.

I didnt even read the graphic novel(i will soon), but i have no idea what ppl are talking about as far as it being hard to follow. Seemed pretty laid out to me. I guess this is one of those movies that separates the intelligent from the rest of the crowd...every one i was with had no complaints. Its 5/5 as far as violence and gore tho. Also dr manhattans p*nis is really a non-issue, unless your just staring at it and letting it get to you...then its really artisticly done, its not pr0no, as a matter of fact id go as far as to say that i think its a key part of the story...it really separates dr. manhattan from the rest of humanity, it gives you insight into his god-like mentality free of insecurity or shame. The man just doesnt identify with human problems...

And whoever the guy was that played Rorshach deserves an award, that dude had me hangin on every word...excellent dialogue
 9 years ago '05        #63
dasill 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,875 | Props total: 2687 2687
all i heard about this movie was big blue d*ck
 9 years ago '08        #64
Keno 19 heat pts19
space
space
$7,049 | Props total: 4892 4892
All i got say is blue p*nis....no homo. But, the movie was str8 if u aint read the book you gone be lost like I was till the last hour. And yes this mfer is longer than Ali.
 03-15-2009, 10:26 PM         #65
The Lefty  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Solid movie. I'd say worth the money to go see in theaters.

You gotta be patient with it. Takes time to tell all of their stories.

Warshack or roarshack, don't know exactly what it was, was hands down the best character IMO. He made the movie. Especially part in the jail when he throws the grease on dudes face
 9 years ago '08        #66
BRonin357 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,877 | Props total: 1157 1157
Lets take scaledat10 and pbill's dilemma. Either the movie flew straight over their heads cuz they never finished a book in their life or the inner city school system of which I am also a product has failed them or the other way around. Or, they're like the growing trend of americans that are dumbed down by society's ills. You'd think with all the tv shows and countless websites devoted to increasing one's intelligence that maybe, just maybe they might have gotten a sliver of it!

I understand its human nature to fear or hate what you can't comprehend! So I can see your frustration when you ask why this or that happened and you still don't get it even after the plot and sublpots of the movie have been spelled out at least 6x already! Read your on a text based forum where almost all you can do is just that: READ! If you gotta do it slowly than do that or something! But quit asking the same questions over and over!

Why is the blue dude's d*ck hangin out all the time? He is a god-like super being who could care less of what humans do or think cuz their all peons aka retarded anyway.

Why did Rorschach die? He was gonna tell the world of the secret plot to create peace because it was underhanded and morally wrong!

This movie is trash, only people who read the GN or nerds got this flick! NO, only people who are intelligent and actually read more than text messages or road signs got this! People who aren't surprised that non of the reality shows are real and all the music stations on tv are owned and operated by a high majority of white people who care nothing of the culture or people!

And if you read this whole thing (which I doubt) and you still hated this movie or didn't understand it, than you my friend are a FAIL OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!
 9 years ago '06        #67
canal_boys 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,305 | Props total: 445 445
 BRonin357 said:
Lets take scaledat10 and pbill's dilemma. Either the movie flew straight over their heads cuz they never finished a book in their life or the inner city school system of which I am also a product has failed them or the other way around. Or, they're like the growing trend of americans that are dumbed down by society's ills. You'd think with all the tv shows and countless websites devoted to increasing one's intelligence that maybe, just maybe they might have gotten a sliver of it!

I understand its human nature to fear or hate what you can't comprehend! So I can see your frustration when you ask why this or that happened and you still don't get it even after the plot and sublpots of the movie have been spelled out at least 6x already! Read your on a text based forum where almost all you can do is just that: READ! If you gotta do it slowly than do that or something! But quit asking the same questions over and over!

Why is the blue dude's d*ck hangin out all the time? He is a god-like super being who could care less of what humans do or think cuz their all peons aka retarded anyway.

Why did Rorschach die? He was gonna tell the world of the secret plot to create peace because it was underhanded and morally wrong!

This movie is trash, only people who read the GN or nerds got this flick! NO, only people who are intelligent and actually read more than text messages or road signs got this! People who aren't surprised that non of the reality shows are real and all the music stations on tv are owned and operated by a high majority of white people who care nothing of the culture or people!

And if you read this whole thing (which I doubt) and you still hated this movie or didn't understand it, than you my friend are a FAIL OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!
Props man
i don't know why it was so hard for people to understand the story.
why people also talk about a blue p*nis when the movie/plot/ending and characters were incredible..
 9 years ago '06        #68
canal_boys 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,305 | Props total: 445 445
 PBills said:
i cant believe u people did u watch the same movie as i did? no one can act in that whole movie? i am really passionate about how wack this movies really is!!
dawg
you a retard
 9 years ago '07        #69
CadillacVyse 944 heat pts944
space
space
$27,679 | Props total: 16971 16971
 dasill said:
all i heard about this movie was big blue d*ck
dudes homophobes for real
 9 years ago '08        #70
Keno 19 heat pts19
space
space
$7,049 | Props total: 4892 4892
 BRonin357 said:

I understand you and the blue p*nis was funny and annoying at times but this mfer said PEONS lol.......and check your grammar in your 2nd to last paragraph and everyone knows why Rorschach died.....Just do it! DO ITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!POOF! well thats it. Keno out.
 9 years ago '06        #71
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,916 | Props total: 7614 7614
 BRonin357 said:

How about Boring?

Honestly, Did I miss something?

Below is my (spoiler free) summary of the movie, please someone tell me what I missed?

Watchmen takes place in a fake America where Nixon is forever the president and superheroes came out to help the United States win the Vietnam War.

While the U.S. of A is getting closer to a nuclear war with the Soviet Union, costumed vigilantes have been outlawed and most costumed superheroes are retired or they work for the American government.

The movie focuses in on the personal development and struggles of the Watchmen super hereos as an investigation into the murder of a government sponsored superhero that everyone loves to hate pulls them out of retirement and eventually leads them to confront a plot by one of their own team mates to avoid a nuclear holocost by k!lling or sacraficing millions of people.

Oh yeah, litter illuminati and biblical refference here or there and some American government parallels because people think its fun to play spot the bullsh*t that we've managed to mostly strip all relevance out of in relation to this 3 plus hour movie.

Did I miss something?

It sounds good on paper but...

The Watchmen is a boring movie.

Its not really deep.

The characters were corny.

The plot twist and character revelations were dull.

The action was camp.

The villain was lame.

Dr Manhatten on Mars was boring.

I blame the director.

The s3x scene was cinamax esque.

This is by far the dullest and corniest super hero movie I've seen in a long time.

If its intellectual stimulation you're after, read the graphic novel and avoid the movie.

If you've already read the graphic novel and liked it then just read it again, especially if you've got 3 hours to trick off.

Its a combined total of 20 minutes of cool in this 190 minute movie.

Rorschach was great he had good lines but too bad his enemies were lame and thier dialog cheesey.
 9 years ago '08        #72
BRonin357 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,877 | Props total: 1157 1157
N ow kingme I can give no hate to cuz he just genuinely found the movie boring and had valid reasons as to why he thought the movie was great. Thats real criticism, not idiotic hate cuz you understand deeper symbolism or subplots. And I do agree that Manhattan's reflection on mars could have been deeper, but for the medium's standards fit well enough. That s3x scene would have played out better w some barry white or something s3xy! I think the subplots were rushed also so the depth took a hit, but it wasn't too bad. I appreciate real criticism so to you I give props good brother! Holla!
 9 years ago '06        #73
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,916 | Props total: 7614 7614
 BRonin357 said:
N ow kingme I can give no hate to cuz he just genuinely found the movie boring and had valid reasons as to why he thought the movie was great. Thats real criticism, not idiotic hate cuz you understand deeper symbolism or subplots. And I do agree that Manhattan's reflection on mars could have been deeper, but for the medium's standards fit well enough. That s3x scene would have played out better w some barry white or something s3xy! I think the subplots were rushed also so the depth took a hit, but it wasn't too bad. I appreciate real criticism so to you I give props good brother! Holla!
I understand why you like it, but I can also understand why someone wouldn't like it. props
 9 years ago '98        #74
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$30,195 | Props total: 3594 3594
setting aside 3 hours on Wednesday to watch this. So far, it doesnt look like I'll be disappointed.
 9 years ago '04        #75
ScaledAt10 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,657 | Props total: 1072 1072
 Kingme said:
How about Boring?

Below is my (spoiler free) summary of the movie, please someone tell me what I missed?

Watchmen takes place in a fake America where Nixon is forever the president and superheroes came out to help the United States win the Vietnam War.

While the U.S. of A is getting closer to a nuclear war with the Soviet Union, costumed vigilantes have been outlawed and most costumed superheroes are retired or they work for the American government.

The movie focuses in on the personal development and struggles of the Watchmen super hereos as an investigation into the murder of a government sponsored superhero that everyone loves to hate pulls them out of retirement and eventually leads them to confront a plot by one of their own team mates to avoid a nuclear holocost by k!lling or sacraficing millions of people.

Oh yeah, litter illuminati and biblical refference here or there and some American government parallels because people think its fun to play spot the bullsh*t that we've managed to mostly strip all relevance out of in relation to this 3 plus hour movie.

Did I miss something?

Its not really deep.

The action was camp.

The villain was lame.

I blame the director.

This is by far the dullest and corniest super hero movie I've seen in a long time.

If its intellectual stimulation you're after, read the graphic novel and avoid the movie.

If you've already read the graphic novel and liked it then just read it again, especially if you've got 3 hours to trick off.

Rorschach was great he had good lines but too bad his enemies were lame and thier dialog cheesey.

Thanks for this retort!
 9 years ago '06        #76
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
Piff.
 9 years ago '98        #77
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$30,195 | Props total: 3594 3594
Mr. Manhattan is like Kobe Bryant.

If Kobe was Mr. Manhattan, he would have left earth a long time ago.
 9 years ago '04        #78
zhiggeman 4 heat pts
space
space
$15,095 | Props total: 3921 3921
0k to the dude talking about seeing manhattans juke, your a bleep bleep bleep! and thats all i have to say. you had me thinking all over the screen was this big a.ss p*nis and then someone else said the same thing. so i was like .. hum maybe no need to be in a rush to see this. so i finally get talked into going to it and this movie was interesting. it was a smart movie.

i think alot of people saw alot of bs reviews on this movie. i would give it a 4 out of 5. i love movies where you don't realize you've been sitting there for over 2 hours. it had just the right amount of everything. the s3x scenes were a bit much but cool.

Last edited by zhiggeman; 03-21-2009 at 10:59 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #79
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 Kingme said:
How about Boring?

Did I miss something?

Its not really deep.

The action was camp.

The villain was lame.

I blame the director.

I agree. I give this movie a 4/10. There is a spoiler in your description though.
 9 years ago '06        #80
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
dr. manhattan f**kin owns
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
70 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
192 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
28 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
55 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
24 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
63 comments
20 hours ago