Watchmen [2009]

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
251 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
152 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
123 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What did you think of Watchmen.
Dont Waste Your Time 22 16.67%
Worth A Download 10 7.58%
Was ok 28 21.21%
Good,Worth a movie ticket 26 19.70%
A Must see! Cant wait for DvD! 46 34.85%
Voters: 132. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 03-09-2009, 05:06 PM         #41
88'  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Watchmen takes place in an alternate history United States where superheroes emerged in the 1940s and 1960s, helping the United States to win the Vietnam War. The country is edging closer to a nuclear war with the Soviet Union, freelance costumed vigilantes have been outlawed and most costumed superheroes are in retirement or working for the government. The story focuses on the personal development and struggles of the protagonists as an investigation into the murder of a government sponsored superhero pulls them out of retirement and eventually leads them to confront a plot by one of their own to stave off nuclear war by k!lling millions of innocent people.
That's the story.
 03-09-2009, 07:23 PM         #42
AlBundysfingers  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ScaledAt10 said:
Yooooooooooooo... you n*ggas talking about this is a must see are fu*king crazy! I typically don't disrespect people or curse on the internet because its childish, but if anyone thinks this was a good movie is fu*kin crazy. This sh*t was damn near 3 hours of some bullsh*t. Blue dude walking around with his d*ck out and sh*t. WHAT THE fu*k was the movie about???? tell me, anyone please tell me. What a fu*kin waste of time.
yeah, you were distracted too easliy.. p*nis not really part of the story, just shows Dr. Manhattan doesnt give a fu*k what you or the whole earth thinks, hell walk around nekkid cuz he has no need for clothes, doesnt even need to be in physical form to exist so why even wear clothes.
 03-09-2009, 08:54 PM         #43
lightysilo18  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i didnt know anything about this movie before i saw it. i saw previews for it at the dark knight, but i was never interested but i figured id see it. Let me tell ya i thought it was awesome just seein rorschach do all of his crazy sh*t sold it for me. i loved the movie, i went out the next day bought the graphic novel and finished it in one day. there were some things i didnt like about it 4/5
 9 years ago '04        #44
PBills 1 heat pts
space
space
$703 | Props total: 192 192
i am distraught! you would think they would make a movie that the general population would like... if i had to read the book to understand it why the fu*k would i even watch it if i knew how it was going to end... A fiction movie should not be so deep!!! it was fiction not real... keep it simple
 03-10-2009, 01:05 AM         #45
AlBundysfingers  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PBills said:
i am distraught! you would think they would make a movie that the general population would like... if i had to read the book to understand it why the fu*k would i even watch it if i knew how it was going to end... A fiction movie should not be so deep!!! it was fiction not real... keep it simple
 9 years ago '07        #46
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 PBills said:

the ending was changed... and you do realize most movies are either based on true stories or adaptations from novels, comics, etc...and you shouldn't be so slow ppl thought the trailer looked all good which it did and when some ppl got there and realized they had to think in the movie... they were like fuuucckkkk and their brain couldn't function

Last edited by TH35; 03-10-2009 at 01:36 AM..
 9 years ago '06        #47
Rated_R_CEO 
space
space
$1,476 | Props total: 5 5
I thought the movie was decent to good. The music selection was alittle weird but the time it was in i could dig it. The first 30-45 minutes of the movie I thought was hands down the best of any comic movie i've ever seen, then it just took a slight dip. I found (as i did when i read the book) that ultimately the ONLY character I really truly cared about was Rorschach. I thought they dumbed down Dr. Manhatten alittle too much. I was alittle disappointed that they didn't show the original Nite Owl get murdered, but i can understand that they needed to cut an already super long movie.

Also they cut out Dr. Long's part of the movie completely, rendering his character useless.

and then theirs the ending.... **spoiler alert if you haven't read or watched the movie don't read down*****

Following their confrontation with Ozymandias, Rorschach is blown to bits by Manhattan. In the novel, Nite Owl misses the k!ll because he's with Silk Spectre. In the film, Dan Dreiberg watches helplessly as his old partner is k!lled...then comes back to try to confront Ozymandias...umm what? That scene was pointless...they should have left that as is..would have made for a much more bleak and sad ending....

Overall i give the movie a solid 7.5 out of 10
 9 years ago '04        #48
Jersie 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,017 | Props total: 0 0
ok i thought it was horrible and wayyyy to long previews were misleading saying it was "ACTION PACKED and a THRILL RIDE" hardly ne action just someone narrating and a lot of p*nis action lol (and im a girl) lol y was the Mr Manhattan a.ss nekkid majority of the movie when he could obv wear clothes?
 9 years ago '04        #49
ClokWoRk ORaNge 
space
space
$1,917 | Props total: 54 54
dope flick with a rich story.
 9 years ago '04        #50
ClokWoRk ORaNge 
space
space
 Pass The Dutchi said:
arite here we go..

i was a lil disappointed with the flick. i knew it wouldnt give the GN complete justice but i had to have faith. and of course when you have faith, 9 times outta 10 ull be let down. and this was one of the times.

i mean, it was almost a 100% true to the novel, but they HAD to change the ending a little bit. it would've been dope to see the antarctica place cave in with snow. but nah, they hadda do that whack sh*t.

im not gonna say i didnt enjoy it, and im not gonna say i hated it. all im sayin is, zack snyder, you've failed to stay true to alan moore.
yes, the squid monster at the end would have worked well in the film version...

i don't think some people who read the novel understand how difficult it was to transpose that narrative into a film. it's essentially impossible to do, so for those who argue that it wasn't "true" or as accurate as it could have been, you really weren't thinking. others, well, they certainly get it and know that snyder did one hell of a job, considering the medium's constraints.

for those who went in there expecting the dark knight, spiderman and x-men, i'm sure you were disappointed but that's the way it goes. also, to those who say science fiction shouldn't be deep -- you're idiots. the best science fiction in the world has always been EXTREMELY deep (e.g. war of the worlds [the original], revenge of the body snatchers, the matrix, etc.). i saw the movie last night and have yet to grasp what it was -- i'm not sure if it was a genius film or a solid adaptation. right now, i'm sort of in between.

Last edited by ClokWoRk ORaNge; 03-11-2009 at 03:06 AM..
 03-11-2009, 04:06 AM         #51
AlBundysfingers  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jersie said:
ok i thought it was horrible and wayyyy to long previews were misleading saying it was "ACTION PACKED and a THRILL RIDE" hardly ne action just someone narrating and a lot of p*nis action lol (and im a girl) lol y was the Mr Manhattan a.ss nekkid majority of the movie when he could obv wear clothes?
Dr Manhattan chose not to wear clothes, it was part of him being detached from the rest of society.He has ultimate power, can do anything he pleases, doesnt even need to be in physical form to exist so why would he care what someone thinks of his pp?

and your right, i hate that they used those phrases to described this movie, thats why i made a thread about it in the tv spot. Its not an action movie, its not just good guy vs bad guy, theres a real story to this that not many people get and because it was advertised as another comic movie to bring in tickets, those who havent read the graphic novel leave the theater pissed.
 03-11-2009, 06:19 PM         #52
BobbyNitro808  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I didn't mind the choice of music because a lot of the songs were referenced in the GN. I didn't mind Hallelujah during the s3x scene either. It was supposed to be a humourous moment coming from Dan's perspective like, "HALLELUJAH! I CAN FINALLY GET A BONER AND fu*k THIS CHICK!"
 9 years ago '07        #53
Grave 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,788 | Props total: 200 200
It seems the people who read the novel liked it. I didnt read it, movie was alrite. Great fx, great direction, but some parts seems real corny
 9 years ago '04        #54
dmotto 
space
space
$815 | Props total: 1 1
why did they kept showing doctor manhattan' d*ck thats just fcked up
or didn't yall notice it blue gay ish dang
 9 years ago '04        #55
ClokWoRk ORaNge 
space
space
 dmotto said:
why did they kept showing doctor manhattan' d*ck thats just fcked up
or didn't yall notice it blue gay ish dang
it was a fu*king movie with a cgi d*ck son. why are people getting hung up on that sh*t? niqqas in here sound like they were staring at that d*ck a bit too much.
 03-12-2009, 01:56 AM         #56
AlBundysfingers  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ClokWoRk ORaNge said:
it was a fu*king movie with a cgi d*ck son. why are people getting hung up on that sh*t? niqqas in here sound like they were staring at that d*ck a bit too much.
youd swear these closet homos are tryin not to sound gay by continuing to bring this sh*t up when its doing the exact opposite.Trippin over a computer drawn part of the body. Get the fu*k over it little kids.

SILK SPECTRE WAS nud3 IN THIS MOVIE TOO YOU KNOW AND I DONT HEAR ANYONE MENTIONING THAT.
 03-12-2009, 04:25 AM         #57
BobbyNitro808  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AlBundysfingers said:

SILK SPECTRE WAS nud3 IN THIS MOVIE TOO YOU KNOW AND I DONT HEAR ANYONE MENTIONING THAT.
she got a nice lil a.ss for a white gurl
 9 years ago '06        #58
Da prophecy 
space
space
space
$144 | Props total: 0 0
This movie was wack as ever. Some of the acting wasn't so good, and i just get the feel that everyone was just trying too hard. There is a reason why the movie was mostly critically panned. It has good effects, and at times was interesting , but overall the movie was too long, and the dialogue was horrible. For most people the movie was a letdown, pretty boring, and hard to follow enless you read the graphic novel.
 9 years ago '05        #59
240sx 
space
space
$4,401 | Props total: 1446 1446
crazy a.ss movie , great stunts, weird a.ss story , felt like i was on acid.
 9 years ago '04        #60
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,044 | Props total: 4838 4838
the movie stuck to the graphic novel imo. silk spectre 1 and 2 were s3xy as fu*k well when 1 was young hahaha. the people who have read the novel should have already knew that dr. manhattan's d*ck was gunna be in it hahaha. i cant wait to cop the extended.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
73 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
30 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
26 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
235 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
106 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
101 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
38 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy