most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
82 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What did you think of Watchmen.
Dont Waste Your Time 22 16.67%
Worth A Download 10 7.58%
Was ok 28 21.21%
Good,Worth a movie ticket 26 19.70%
A Must see! Cant wait for DvD! 46 34.85%
Voters: 132. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 03-04-2009, 11:35 AM         #1
11146 pageviews
94 comments

AlBundysfingers 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Watchmen [2009]

[pic - click to view]

Official Trailer:
[pic - click to view]

http://www.youtube.com/wa .. ?v=RkNZETPgcWM

Synopsis:

"Watchmen" is set in an alternate 1985 America in which costumed superheroes are part of the fabric of everyday society, and the "Doomsday Clock" - which charts the USA's tension with the Soviet Union - is permanently set at five minutes to midnight. When one of his former colleagues is murdered, the washed up but no less determined masked vigilante Rorschach sets out to uncover a plot to k!ll and discredit all past and present superheroes. As he reconnects with his former crime-f!ghting legion, the reunited heroes set out to prevent their own destruction, but in doing so discover a deeper and far more diabolical plot. "

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Release Date:
6 March 2009

Director:
Zack Snyder

MPAA:
Rated R for strong graphic violence, s3xuality, nudity and language.

Runtime:
163 min

Official Website:
[pic - click to view]

http://watchmenmovie.warnerbros.com/

[pic - click to view]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0409459/

Last edited by AlBundysfingers; 03-04-2009 at 04:00 PM..

94 comments for "Watchmen [2009]"

03-04-2009, 12:08 PM         #2
AlBundysfingers  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stitch said:
Did you have to post the absolute lowest res versions of those pics possible?

I'm going to the midnight screening tomorrow.
yeah i got the first ones i saw just so the thread wont be deleted.haha

im editing now
 9 years ago '05        #3
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
this sh*t already leaked??
 9 years ago '07        #4
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,775 | Props total: 14587 14587
 Bea5T said:
this sh*t already leaked??
No ... Go see the movie when it's out.
 03-04-2009, 06:40 PM         #5
ILLmag 7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
looks like its gonna be an amazing movie.....IGN Movies gave it a 5/5 and its rare as hell for them to give anything higher than a 4...that chick looks fine as hell from what i can see...i coulda sworn dude holding the newspaper was that gay comedian ANT & that glowing blue mother fu*ker need to put some trunks on

Last edited by ILLmag 7; 03-04-2009 at 06:42 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #6
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,830 | Props total: 4096 4096
Thanks to some miracle by the grace of God himself, I will be seeing this at a midnight screening for free...
 03-04-2009, 08:55 PM         #7
AlBundysfingers  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Thanks to some miracle by the grace of God himself, I will be seeing this at a midnight screening for free...
que?? You got free tickets?

i bought mine day they were available. Cant wait til tomorrow.
 9 years ago '05        #8
space
space
 AlBundysfingers said:
que?? You got free tickets?

i bought mine day they were available. Cant wait til tomorrow.
hell yes... one of my homies at work bought two tickets, and owed me from when I bought their ticket for The Dark Knight. needless to say, I'm pumped.:cool-smiley-009:
 03-04-2009, 09:15 PM         #9
AlBundysfingers  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
hell yes... one of my homies at work bought two tickets, and owed me from when I bought their ticket for The Dark Knight. needless to say, I'm pumped.:cool-smiley-009:
well you got some good karma.
 03-04-2009, 09:38 PM         #10
The Lefty  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Going to go see this Friday, most likely
 9 years ago '05        #11
space
space
 AlBundysfingers said:
well you got some good karma.
:dancingcool: you know it.
 9 years ago '04        #12
mpmastamind510 40 heat pts40
space
space
$3,029 | Props total: 1738 1738
bought my tickets off fandango for saturday nite..
 9 years ago '07        #13
xxgoodzxx 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,212 | Props total: 1 1
Actually check this out.

Where I live, there's this marine base called Camp Pendleton and the movie theater there had a sneak preview (whole movie) showing of the movie.

I won't ruin it for those who hasn't seen the movie or read the graphic novel but I'll just say this.

I thought the movie was really good. It still left out things from the book and changed the ending a bit but it's still a great movie.

There wasn't as much action scenes as I'd hope that there'd be, but whenever there was action, it was great.

The special effects were also really great. They weren't like 300, and I wasn't as impressed, but the mars scene was a good look.

This movie is filled with a lot of funny parts that lasts a good 3 second laugh, and I didn't find myself bored with any scene. Rorscach's narrating throughout the movie was a great addition, his voice adds to the movie a lot.

If you read the novel, then you pretty much know what the movie is going to be about, except the ending, but again, it's really worth watching. The visuals are a good look, the f!ght scenes are a good look. (The prison break scene reminded me so much of 300 hahaha.)

This movie really depends on the viewer. i heard what people thought of it after the movie and i heard some women hating it, as well as some guys, and i heard most people reacting well to it. It just depends on the viewer.

So i wouldn't come watching this movie with all the hype it's receiving, but it's still a really really great movie to peep.
I gave it a 8.5.

And i can't wait for the extended edition.

Edit: The opening sequence is def. one of the best i've seen in a movie in a WHILE.

Last edited by xxgoodzxx; 03-05-2009 at 07:58 PM..
 03-06-2009, 03:46 AM         #14
AlBundysfingers  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Go see it people. With the exception of a few minor details, and the lil things tweaked and shifted to fit for time, the story stays true to the original. All the major events are there, even a great ending *which i was worried about til now*. Its great acting, perfect visuals, and of course a great story.
 9 years ago '05        #15
space
space
...I seriously don't know what to think about this film. Because, while the visuals were mind-blowingly beautiful and it stayed (somewhat) true to the original, nothing in it blew me away. absolutely nothing. And, there were a number of glaring issues that kept me from liking the film as much as I wanted to...

For example, I felt as though all the things that were put in just to make it seem more adult-like made it even sillier... For example, all the overblown blood and gore wasn't needed (especially in that one scene with Rorschach and that dude with the dogs) and made it seem like cheesy. And the s3x scene in the movie was cringe-inducing. Plus, some of the musical cues in the film were God Awful, especially during the s3x scene.

The editing wasn't crisp. It felt as if they were just editing to the graphic novel, and didn't recognize that this was a film. Also, I just hated how they copied and pasted lines from different scenes in the graphic novel to the end of the book....

Now, this shouldn't suggest that I didn't like this... Because, there's alot to love here. Dr. Manhattan's whole chapter is amazingly beautiful. Rorschach's part was even better than I expected. I like the way the dialogue was written, and the way the film looks is amazing...

I can't necessarily say that I didn't like it or that I liked it yet... my mind is still trying to process it... Maybe i'll have to see it again.
 9 years ago '08        #16
Nut-In-Honeys 10 heat pts10
space
space
$6,025 | Props total: 5810 5810
good movie. great opening scene. i would suggest that you read the graphic novel before seeing the movie; there are just too many storylines going on at once some may get lost/confused. visuals were dope. i didn't like how the did the ending; the one in the book was soooooooooooo weird and unexpected that it made me look at the villain in a different way. Good casting. Rorshach is a beast, but everytime i seen him i kept thinking he played point for the suns:smh2:
 9 years ago '05        #17
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
Im def. getting the extended version on dvd once it comes out
 9 years ago '06        #18
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
it was aight.
 9 years ago '06        #19
made in the bay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$2,269 | Props total: 161 161
8.75/10 off first watch. i know i missed some parts because it was hard to hear them speak at times. it was good though
 9 years ago '05        #20
Lethal Intent|m 2 heat pts
space
space
$10,445 | Props total: 2 2
Was originally gunna go tonight, but I'm exhausted. Hittin up the first screening tomorrow morning.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
130 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
26 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
63 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
178 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy