Report: Three nfl players on boat in distress / Overturned Boat Discovered / 1 Found

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
24 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
52 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-04-2009, 03:10 PM         #301
Tempus # 1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
something sounds too strange about the fact that these two players would just take their life vest off.

i had hoped that maybe they drifted close enough to one of the oil rigs in the gulf
n*ggas probably drunk some salt water and started thinking illogical.
 9 years ago '04        #302
cali22buck 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 42 42
when you get hypothermia you start to lose mental ability and physical.
 9 years ago '06        #303
jj01 
space
space
$44,963 | Props total: 4685 4685
i agree something sounds fishy about that story esp since they gave up so easily. makes me feel that something else like alcohol or something was involved to effect their mindstate.
 9 years ago '12        #304
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,988 | Props total: 1257 1257
 BoSox84 said:
New details:

These guys are gone :(
 Triple6Raidr305 said:
damn......
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
something sounds too strange about the fact that these two players would just take their life vest off.

i had hoped that maybe they drifted close enough to one of the oil rigs in the gulf
Exactly, Something is strange about this whole situation..These dudes take there lifevests off and give up hope 2-4 hours after being flipped??????

And they could EVEN see the lights on the shore!!!

Im tellin' yall, there was some foul play in this sh*t.... I said that sh*t since the very beginning, and now as more details come out, I'm almost positive that some sh*t went down..
 9 years ago '12        #305
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,988 | Props total: 1257 1257
 cali22buck said:
when you get hypothermia you start to lose mental ability and physical.

You don't get hypothermia in 2-4 hours
 03-04-2009, 03:47 PM         #306
Tempus # 1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MonkTaker said:
You don't get hypothermia in 2-4 hours
yes you can.
 9 years ago '04        #307
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$27,068 | Props total: 6114 6114
 MonkTaker said:
Exactly, Something is strange about this whole situation..These dudes take there lifevests off and give up hope 2-4 hours after being flipped??????

And they could EVEN see the lights on the shore!!!

Im tellin' yall, there was some foul play in this sh*t.... I said that sh*t since the very beginning, and now as more details come out, I'm almost positive that some sh*t went down..
i swear some of yall cant read for real. They said they saw the lights the first night but continued to drift away from shore in the storm and then could no longer see the lights.

The only dumb sh*t they did besides not check the water was anchor the boat. If the waves were really that bad an anchored boat would have gotten beaten directly by the waves instead of an unanchored boat which would have went up and over the waves
 9 years ago '05        #308
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
Some of the write-ups have said that they were trying to pull the anchor up when they got flipped.
 9 years ago '04        #309
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
Some of the write-ups have said that they were trying to pull the anchor up when they got flipped.
should have never dropped an anchor in bad seas either way
 9 years ago '05        #310
BoSox84 
space
space
 NoLedge18720 said:
should have never dropped an anchor in bad seas either way
I agree. No one knows when it is that they dropped anchor though. They mighta had it down for a while and made the decision to pull it up too late, no one really knows, at least until Schuyler comes out with some kind of public description of how things went down. There've been so many different things reported. One says that Bleakley took off swimming Monday morning, another says he died in Schuyler's arms. I think the only way we're gonna know for sure is if he comes out publicly and gives his account of what happened as opposed to hearing it from people he's talked to
 9 years ago '04        #311
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 273 273
 GhostNinja said:
no conspiracy here... theyre still human
nah man I'm not sayin anything about a conspiracy...but I know how close cooper's fam are with eachother. There is no way in hell he would just take his vest off and let himself die when he got a fam like that and especially a lil girl
 9 years ago '04        #312
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 123456 said:
nah man I'm not sayin anything about a conspiracy...but I know how close cooper's fam are with eachother. There is no way in hell he would just take his vest off and let himself die when he got a fam like that and especially a lil girl
yea but u can seriously never know how he felt at that momment. Being out in the ocean and seeing nothing but water in any direction you look could drive the most sane man crazy
 9 years ago '05        #313
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts OP
space
space
$9,164 | Props total: 958 958
INCONSISTENCIES EMERGE IN SCHUYLER’S ACCOUNT
Posted by Mike Florio on March 4, 2009, 10:52 p.m.
In hindsight, we should have realized that there was something unusual about the story in the St. Petersburg Times, in which Emily Nipps and Brant James rely upon multiple levels of hearsay in presenting Nick Schuyler’s account of the manner in which Raiders linebacker Marquis Cooper, Lions defensive end Corey Smith, and William Bleakley came to remove their vests and disappear from the overturned boat to which the four men were attempting to cling.

The report is based on things Schuyler supposedly said to investigators, who then supposedly shared those things with the father of William Bleakley, who then passed the information along to reporters.

So it’s not surprising that there are inconsistencies. In the Times, the report is that Bleakley removed his vest and swam away from the boat, believing that he saw a light in the distance. According to the Tampa Tribune, however, Schuyler directly shared with Bleakley’s father a far different explanation.

Specifically, Bob Bleakley said that Schuyler told him the following: “Will stayed with me for 36 hours and was in my grasp when he lost consciousness and died.”

Thus, until Schuyler fully recovers and has an opportunity to gather his thoughts and to attempt to separate (if he can) the things he actually experienced from the things he might genuinely (but inaccurately) believe he experienced, it’s wise for neither the Times nor the Tribune nor any other newspaper or media company to attempt to report details regarding whatever it is that occurred once that boat capsized.

For once, let’s all set aside the desire to publish a story and respect the folks most dramatically impacted not only by the events but also by the manner in which the events are being covered.

As a result, we’re done commenting on this matter, and we’ll say nothing further until such time as Schuyler chooses to talk to the media about it.
 9 years ago '04        #314
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,366 | Props total: 8457 8457
you couldnt pay me to ride in this sh*t out to sea

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '04        #315
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
space
$14,404 | Props total: 3912 3912
 Santoro said:
Jumpman whered you get that story?
This is from TBO.com
i got mine from profootballtalk.com
 9 years ago '07        #316
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
i dont understand how the helicopter didnt see them? he didnt even see the boat?

this story just keeps getting more depressing...
 9 years ago '06        #317
RAZAH CUTS 5839 heat pts5839
space
space
$54,071 | Props total: 18865 18865
 DymeKatcha said:
INCONSISTENCIES EMERGE IN SCHUYLER’S ACCOUNT
Posted by Mike Florio on March 4, 2009, 10:52 p.m.
In hindsight, we should have realized that there was something unusual about the story in the St. Petersburg Times, in which Emily Nipps and Brant James rely upon multiple levels of hearsay in presenting Nick Schuyler’s account of the manner in which Raiders linebacker Marquis Cooper, Lions defensive end Corey Smith, and William Bleakley came to remove their vests and disappear from the overturned boat to which the four men were attempting to cling.

The report is based on things Schuyler supposedly said to investigators, who then supposedly shared those things with the father of William Bleakley, who then passed the information along to reporters.

So it’s not surprising that there are inconsistencies. In the Times, the report is that Bleakley removed his vest and swam away from the boat, believing that he saw a light in the distance. According to the Tampa Tribune, however, Schuyler directly shared with Bleakley’s father a far different explanation.

Specifically, Bob Bleakley said that Schuyler told him the following: “Will stayed with me for 36 hours and was in my grasp when he lost consciousness and died.”

Thus, until Schuyler fully recovers and has an opportunity to gather his thoughts and to attempt to separate (if he can) the things he actually experienced from the things he might genuinely (but inaccurately) believe he experienced, it’s wise for neither the Times nor the Tribune nor any other newspaper or media company to attempt to report details regarding whatever it is that occurred once that boat capsized.

For once, let’s all set aside the desire to publish a story and respect the folks most dramatically impacted not only by the events but also by the manner in which the events are being covered.

As a result, we’re done commenting on this matter, and we’ll say nothing further until such time as Schuyler chooses to talk to the media about it.
uh oh, that's a major inconsistency right there.....maybe Schuyler is feeling guilty about something.....maybe they all were out there doing something they shouldn't have been.....there should be an investigation i think....
 9 years ago '05        #318
BoSox84 
space
space
"My understanding is now, basically, Marquis was the first one for the hypothermia to take his life," Mayer said. "They performed CPR and tried to resuscitate him. … Corey was next, and then my understanding was Will was the last one [who died]. … It was comforting to the Cooper family to understand how [the boaters] tried to take care of each other."
From an article posted tonight on tbo.com
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
199 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
132 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Nintendo Switch - Life in colour
7 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy