Report: Three nfl players on boat in distress / Overturned Boat Discovered / 1 Found

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
144 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
57 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #261
jj01 
space
space
$44,969 | Props total: 4686 4686
rip to the 3 guys. has there been anything said about alcohol or anything else involved that could have affected their mindstate?
 03-03-2009, 07:39 PM         #262
Tempus # 1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BurninLz said:
^
what the fu*k does that mean?

does that mean the chopper coulda seen them?
That sh*t happens all the time in these kinds of situations. Searching for them, and flying right by without seeing them.
 9 years ago '07        #263
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
I don't get it. First, it was said that they all left w/ their life jackets on and just got separated, now this?! This is crazy!
 9 years ago '04        #264
jaybizzle 
space
space
$3,323 | Props total: 10 10
 jj01 said:
rip to the 3 guys. has there been anything said about alcohol or anything else involved that could have affected their mindstate?
thats what i was wondering because if your fishing with your buddys your probably gonna at least have some beers, adding to the time your gonna be dehydrated, RIP to the 3 that didnt make it
 9 years ago '06        #265
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
i heard they wound up on gilligan's island.
 9 years ago '05        #266
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
$10,312 | Props total: 868 868
 hooligun said:
i heard they wound up on gilligan's island.
thats just the funniest thing iv ever heard..
 9 years ago '07        #267
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
Nick Schuyler, the lone survivor from a Florida fishing-trip disaster involving two NFL players before the search was called off, revealed that the four lost men at one point had a helicopter hovering over them.

The helicopter's light shined down on the four, but must not have seen them. Schuyler said the NFL players -- Corey Smith and Marquis Cooper -- were first to drift away in the rough waves. He called former USF player Will Bleakley "a hero" for swimming under the capsized boat they were hanging onto to retrieve life vests. Bleakley eventually was separated too. The search for Cooper, Smith, and Bleakley was called off at sunset Tuesday.

wow
 9 years ago '05        #268
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,083 | Props total: 6981 6981
the bodies will show up in a couple days

rip to them boys
 03-03-2009, 10:07 PM         #269
Twista740 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Junior G said:
the bodies will show up in a couple days

rip to them boys
are u kiddin me.
we wish they will
but we all no they shark food now.
 9 years ago '05        #270
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
 keithbm1111 said:
Nick Schuyler, the lone survivor from a Florida fishing-trip disaster involving two NFL players before the search was called off, revealed that the four lost men at one point had a helicopter hovering over them.

The helicopter's light shined down on the four, but must not have seen them. Schuyler said the NFL players -- Corey Smith and Marquis Cooper -- were first to drift away in the rough waves. He called former USF player Will Bleakley "a hero" for swimming under the capsized boat they were hanging onto to retrieve life vests. Bleakley eventually was separated too. The search for Cooper, Smith, and Bleakley was called off at sunset Tuesday.

wow
thats what i said earlier.. thats rediculous
 9 years ago '05        #271
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
 Twista740 said:
are u kiddin me.
we wish they will

Twista740 said:
is that corey smith and marquis cooper in the water?

what are you 8 years old f*g**t?

show some respect clownshoes

Last edited by BurninLz; 03-04-2009 at 12:03 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #272
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
 Twista740 said:
are u kiddin me.
we wish they will
i'm a marine biologist n*gga
 03-03-2009, 10:42 PM         #273
PizzaFace07 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
god damn, RIP to these men
 9 years ago '05        #274
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
Wow that's fu*ked up if they gave up. Sad thing is we will never know what really happened out there. That sucks. RIP
 9 years ago '04        #275
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,412 | Props total: 3477 3477
 Junior G said:
i'm a marine biologist n*gga
You're a freshman at your local high school.
 9 years ago '05        #276
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
 str8_akademiks said:
You're a freshman at your local high school.
please son daddy goes to college.
 03-03-2009, 11:07 PM         #277
NYGallday 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
some very fu*ked up sh*t...man now im thinkin if i ever go to florida again i aint getting on my uncles boat....only boat im goin on is if i go on a cruise

im startin to get scared of planes too
 9 years ago '05        #278
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
Keep that arguing, drama bullsh*t out of this thread please.

Kthx.
 9 years ago '04        #279
MiamiDade 55 heat pts55
space
space
$14,355 | Props total: 690 690
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - As the four fishing buddies huddled together in the dark, clinging to their capsized boat miles off the Florida coast, a helicopter's light shone down upon them.

For a while, as the boat drifted in the rough seas, Nick Schuyler could even see the city lights from shore. But the men drifted away as the hours passed, Schuyler told a friend after he was rescued, with the two NFL players aboard disappearing first, leaving him and his college football teammate hanging onto the hull.

"The waves were just so much. They never got a break," said Schuyler's friend, Scott Miller.

The Coast Guard called off the search Tuesday for the other three: Oakland Raiders linebacker Marquis Cooper, free-agent defensive lineman Corey Smith and former University of South Florida player William Bleakley, three days after their boat capsized Saturday.

Miller said Schuyler told him from his Tampa hospital room that the men initially hung together, trying to come up with plan. Bleakley swam underneath the boat and retrieved three life jackets and a cushion.

Easygoing and an avid fisherman, Bleakley gave the others the vests, Schuyler told Miller, and at least intially was the one clinging to the cushion.

"Will was there as long as he remembered," Miller said. "I want everyone to know Will's a hero in this whole thing."

Bleakley and Schuyler were former South Florida teammates, and the 24-year-old survivor had helped Cooper and Smith train at a gym.

After scouring about 24,000 square miles of ocean, the Coast Guard said it had done all it could to locate the men. Capt. Timothy Close said officials were sure that if there were any more survivors, they would have been found.

"I think the families understood that we put in a tremendous effort," Close said. "Any search and rescue case we have to stop is disappointing."

Bleakley's father appreciated the Coast Guard's effort.

"I think they were not to be found," Robert Bleakley said.

Schuyler told rescuers after they plucked him from the ocean Monday that the boat was anchored when it capsized.

"He said basically that Will helped him keep going," Schuyler told Miller. Miller said he had also known Bleakley since the sixth grade. Eventually, Bleakley also got separated from the boat, leaving Schuyler alone.

Shortly before the search's conclusion was announced, the missing men's family and friends embraced and sobbed outside the Coast Guard station. They left without talking with reporters.

"He'll be an inspiration for me for a long time," Robert Bleakley said later of his son. "He always has been. I told everybody, I call him my hero."

Lions running back Kevin Smith called Corey Smith "a good, quiet guy, who always put in an honest day's work."

Kevin Smith, a Florida native, said he has been fishing as far off the coast as the four men, in boats larger and smaller than the watercraft that capsized.

"The No. 1 thing when you're out there is, you have to respect the water," he said. "I know those guys had safety vests. I'm trying not to even think about it. That's a tough way to go."

Close said some family members asked about continuing the search on their own, which he discouraged but said the Coast Guard wouldn't prevent. The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission may be heading out Wednesday to recover the boat.

The Coast Guard hadn't had more detailed conversations with Schuyler "due to his physical and medical condition," Close said. Schuyler was in fair condition and told hospital officials he didn't want to speak to the media.

Cooper, 26, was selected in the third round of the 2004 NFL draft by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers out of Washington. He played 26 games for the Bucs in his first two pro seasons, then led a nomadic NFL existence.

Cooper and Smith, 29, became friends when they were teammates at Tampa Bay. Smith signed with the Bucs as an undrafted free agent in 2002, and spent last season with Detroit before becoming a free agent. The former North Carolina State standout recorded 42 tackles (28 solo), three sacks and 10 special teams tackles in 2008, his best NFL season.

Bleakley, a 25-year-old former tight end from Crystal River, Fla., was on the USF football team in 2004 and 2005. He had one reception for 13 yards in his career, which also included some time on special teams.

Stuart Schuyler said his son is an instructor at L.A. Fitness and had helped train Smith and Cooper.
damn......
 9 years ago '05        #280
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts OP
space
space
$9,165 | Props total: 958 958
Yea basically the sharks got the rest of the men, sorry to say, when u take your vest off and just float in the water its a wrap..why you think no bodies were found..
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
87 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy