Report: Three nfl players on boat in distress / Overturned Boat Discovered / 1 Found

most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith has a supreme shooting sleeve
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
74 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
121 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #241
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
The Coast Guard announced that it will end its search for NFL players Corey Smith and Marquis Cooper and former college player Will Bleakley at 6:30 ET Tuesday.

A life vest and cooler were found near where Nick Schuyler was rescued, but he is currently the lone survivor. The Coast Guard officially calls the hunt "suspended," but it won't resume barring an unexpected break. "Any search and rescue case where we have to stop is disappointing," Capt. Timothy Close said. "I think the families understood we put in a tremendous effort." Asked why the search stopped, Close said "It has to do with our confidence level that we would found anybody on the surface level at this point."

not looking good...
 03-03-2009, 04:39 PM         #242
DaVirginiaBoy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i know these guys made a bad decision by going out to sea but what good is the fu*king coast guard if they can't locate people in need of help what the fu*k!!!!!!!!!
 03-03-2009, 04:48 PM         #243
DaVirginiaBoy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Of course i know how big the ocean is you dipsh*t what im saying is people that go out to sea depend on the coast guard for help if something bad does happen such as this situation and for them to be unable to find these guys scares me
 9 years ago '05        #244
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
 DaVirginiaBoy said:
Of course i know how big the ocean is you dipsh*t what im saying is people that go out to sea depend on the coast guard for help if something bad does happen such as this situation and for them to be unable to find these guys scares me
Given the conditions when the Coast Guard initially started their search, that probably ruined their best chance to find them. Had it not been as bad as it was that first night, the Coast Guard might have found them all hanging on to the boat
 03-03-2009, 04:58 PM         #245
DaVirginiaBoy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^your probably right i just hope they are still out there somewhere if not my condolences go to the families as this is such a horrible way to go
 9 years ago '06        #246
jj01 
space
space
$44,957 | Props total: 4679 4679
all the shotty information was fu*kin horrible they should be ashamed for that sh*t.
 9 years ago '04        #247
grydlok 38 heat pts38
space
space
$8,642 | Props total: 1096 1096
Yall acting retarded. All I can think about I watching Corey grow up. He lived in the same apt complex as me. He dad was cool. I haven't seen him in a long time and now I have to figure on going to a funeral. Sad way to see people you grew up with.
 9 years ago '06        #248
O Nasty 96 heat pts96
space
space
$20,419 | Props total: 288 288
Sad stuff

This only adds to my fear of going to the Ocean. fu*k that sh*t
 9 years ago '05        #249
BoSox84 
space
space
New details:

5:14 p.m.: The only man rescued so far from an overturned boat in the Gulf of Mexico told Coast Guard investigators a bizarre story about the fate of the other three.

Nick Schuyler, 24, told investigators that about two to four hours after their boat capsized Saturday in rough seas, one of the two professional football players gave up hope and let himself be swept away, according to family members of two of the missing men.

A few hours later, the second one did the same.

"We were told that Nick said the two NFL players took their life jackets off and drifted out to sea," said Bob Bleakley, whose son Will, 25, is also still missing.

With former Tampa Bay Buccaneers Marquis Cooper and Corey Smith gone, only Schuyler and Bleakley remained clinging to the boat.

Then, sometime Monday morning, Will Bleakley thought he saw a light in the distance and decided to take off his life jacket and swim to it, hoping to get help.

"I think he was delusional to think he could swim someplace," Bleakley said.

Ray Sanchez, Cooper's cousin, said the Coast Guard told him the same thing, but cautioned against taking Schuyler's story as gospel at this point.

"We're not 100 percent sure where his head was at," Sanchez said. "He'd been through a lot."
These guys are gone :(
 9 years ago '05        #250
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
$10,312 | Props total: 868 868
 BoSox84 said:
New details:

These guys are gone :(
damn man.. thats one of the saddest quotes of iv ever read..

thats why i dont go in the water
 9 years ago '06        #251
jj01 
space
space
$44,957 | Props total: 4679 4679
wow man idk what to say to that they gave up after a few hours. its even more remarkable that the other dude didnt after being the only one left for that long.
 9 years ago '05        #252
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,467 | Props total: 4410 4410
Man, this story broke sometime this weekend. I haven't even checked this thread because I don't even want to hear the bad news. I finally had to say something after I read that the coast guards are giving up hope and no longer searching.

So sad man...
 9 years ago '05        #253
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
Scott Miller, a friend of the college teammates, said Schuyler told him that on the first night, a chopper shone a light right above them and that later on, as they continued to drift, he could even see lights from the shore.
^
what the fu*k does that mean?

does that mean the chopper coulda seen them?
 9 years ago '05        #254
BoSox84 
space
space
 BurninLz said:
^
what the fu*k does that mean?

does that mean the chopper coulda seen them?
Who knows? With the water being as choppy as it was and the rain coming down like it was, who knows what they could see from the chopper?
 9 years ago '05        #255
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts OP
space
space
$9,164 | Props total: 957 957
Man, it sounds like they just gave up on life only after a couple of hours to drift off..damn...they could hold on out for more than a couple of hours.
 9 years ago '08        #256
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
$10,815 | Props total: 3447 3447
damn this some sad sh*t. RIP
 9 years ago '05        #257
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
its just weird to me that the 2 NFL players were the first to give up..

youd think they would have stronger wills than that, especially having kids..

but i mean its real easy to talk tough safe, dry, and behind a computer screen..

this is terrible man

RIP
 9 years ago '04        #258
dtownboy313 
space
space
$3,762 | Props total: 6 6
man this sh*t is fu*ked up. thats exactly why i don't trust boats. when i saw usf coach on sportscenter today it really hit me that these dudes ain't coming back. once the guy they saved gets better he will be able to tell exactly what happened. :sad-smiley-060:
 9 years ago '05        #259
BoSox84 
space
space
 BurninLz said:
its just weird to me that the 2 NFL players were the first to give up..

youd think they would have stronger wills than that, especially having kids..

but i mean its real easy to talk tough safe, dry, and behind a computer screen..

this is terrible man

RIP
I mean, I would like to think that I would have held on longer myself, but you never know what kind of state of mind they were in at that point. Who knows. And he said Bleakley took off Monday morning, he could've been delirious at that point and thought he saw something and thought he could make it there. I don't wanna speculate, cuz I really have no idea. It's just too hard to say what was going on in any of their heads at that point.

This sh*t just sucks man. I'm happy for Nick and his family that he came back and he's gonna be ok, but I really feel for the other families. When they found Nick, it looked like maybe everything was gonna be alright, and then for it to end like this is just sad.
 9 years ago '04        #260
dtownboy313 
space
space
$3,762 | Props total: 6 6
 DymeKatcha said:
Man, it sounds like they just gave up on life only after a couple of hours to drift off..damn...they could hold on out for more than a couple of hours.
i feel you but you can't really say that because you wasnt out there wit them. lets wait to see when dude fully recovers to see what really happened.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
20 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
46 comments
1 day ago